Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #61
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad i don't own a Ford Explorer...
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #62
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd906
dont speed its simple and you wont have to worry
Of course, what a great idea.

The death camps in Poland would have been empty if people just didn't follow Judaism, same with those silly Kurds in Iraq.

If all of the academics and free thinkers in USSR were gullable, unintelligent and naive and accepted Stalin's laws and revinue systems they would have lived a lot longer.

We would not need to waste time on trials and a legal system if we had just bent over and taken it instead of forcing the Magna Carta on King John.

USA would be a fine collection of British, French and Spanish colonies if they had just paid their taxes.

And YOU would be in a war zone at the moment (and not on a ford forum) doing your forced national service if a lot of other people had not protested and broken the law.

Bligh must go.

(and she will, about 2 months before the next election when some hidden savior will emerge from the ranks, blame everything on her and promise to lead the people into a glorius future if you just give them the chance)
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #63
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
LOL yea becuase life is black and white as well.... :
According to my missus it is!
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #64
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This won't be the first time in Australia that unmarked police vehicles of any make will have speed cameras on them. It's happened in Victoria back in 2007
http://www.caradvice.com.au/8353/rev...at-its-finest/

And yes... I agree with the bitchfromhell comments about our premier here in Queensland too.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #65
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Had this sent to me the other day, suitable i think....

"Did you really think that we want those laws to be observed?... We want them broken... We're after power and we mean it... There is no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers - and then you cash in on guilt."

Australia is a land of rules, for every rule there's a few clauses and these have to be chased down with a dash of protocol....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #66
balthazarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
Victoria has had these for ages, I know they're always in a 60 zone at Bulla or the 100km/h zone near my place ocasionally.

Also my aunty has an ignition lock on her car, after her 4th DUI she has to have it in all her cars, what happens is you blow into it, if it detects alcohol, the car wont turn on, if it doesn't the car starts up, from then on, every 5 minutes driving it beeps at you and you have to blow into it again or it completely shuts off the car. (Thats when you lose power steering/brakes and everything else).

What she does, is gets her daughter to blow into the unit so she can drive around tanked still. It doesn't work, believe me, she needs to go to jail to smarten the F up.
1. How smart are these interlocks? ie. What's to stop someone using a bike pump/fan/some-other-ingenious-contraption to fool the thing? Does it measure the temp/humidity of the air "breathed" in?

2. I can't believe it completely shuts off the car. Because that's safe... :
balthazarr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #67
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Of course, what a great idea.

The death camps in Poland would have been empty if people just didn't follow Judaism, same with those silly Kurds in Iraq.

If all of the academics and free thinkers in USSR were gullable, unintelligent and naive and accepted Stalin's laws and revinue systems they would have lived a lot longer.

We would not need to waste time on trials and a legal system if we had just bent over and taken it instead of forcing the Magna Carta on King John.

USA would be a fine collection of British, French and Spanish colonies if they had just paid their taxes.

And YOU would be in a war zone at the moment (and not on a ford forum) doing your forced national service if a lot of other people had not protested and broken the law.

Bligh must go.

(and she will, about 2 months before the next election when some hidden savior will emerge from the ranks, blame everything on her and promise to lead the people into a glorius future if you just give them the chance)

flappist, there is no one left in this country has the guts or resolve to whip up the population to stand infront of bligh, or any other state government and demand the government resignation for incompetance.

too many people have swallowed the "you can vote them out at the next election" mantra.

get 40,000 people knocking on parliments door they will leave when you want.
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #68
kezzer

It's not too bad in victoria, most speed camera's have a sign before them that says "Speed camera's operate in this area"

Though on the Calder freeway, I assumed they were all traffic camera's??
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #69
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Poor old Bligh she is trying to do the best she can after the mess that peter left us in.
Good old pete was running the most corrupt gov QLD has ever seen by far and the proof is in the pudding. a blundering incompetent.
But a dam good con man (he could sell ice to who) and sell us down the drain.
Put the so called media on the pay role and wallah!
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #70
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan
Poor old Bligh she is trying to do the best she can after the mess that peter left us in.
Good old pete was running the most corrupt gov QLD has ever seen by far and the proof is in the pudding. a blundering incompetent.
But a dam good con man (he could sell ice to who) and sell us down the drain.
Put the so called media on the pay role and wallah!

You're either a staunch Joh fan or a child of the late 80's
Old 17-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #71
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzer
It's not too bad in victoria, most speed camera's have a sign before them that says "Speed camera's operate in this area"

Yeah but that sign is normally on the opposite side where the camera won't get you.
Old 17-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #72
balthazarr

Quote:
It's not too bad in victoria, most speed camera's have a sign before them that says "Safety camera's operate in this area"

Fixed it for you... :

I disagree that it's not too bad - the signs on Freeways are usually nowhere near the cameras... unlike in NSW where they have three signs warning you that there is a camera there - including one right at the camera.
Old 17-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #73
kezzer

Alrighty, but do you know if there are any on the Calder? I drive on it alot and don't speed, would like to know if those big-*** camera's every 5 minutes going towards the airport are speed camera's?

Cheers
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #74
balthazarr

Quote:
Alrighty, but do you know if there are any on the Calder? I drive on it alot and don't speed, would like to know if those big-*** camera's every 5 minutes going towards the airport are speed camera's?

Cheers
Not sure, but you can check here: http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/wps/wc...mera+Locations
Old 17-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #75
prydey
Rob

whatever govt dept runs the speed camera's in QLD has some fairly lazy operators in it too i've noticed. they park their 100 or 200 series landcruiser on the side of the road in plain veiw and just lean the sign up against the rear of the car.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #76
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
whatever govt dept runs the speed camera's in QLD has some fairly lazy operators in it too i've noticed. they park their 100 or 200 series landcruiser on the side of the road in plain veiw and just lean the sign up against the rear of the car.
instead of being out catching real criminals :
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #77
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx
instead of being out catching real criminals :
here in s.a. (pretty sure its the same in most states), police don't man the roadside camera's!
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #78
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
here in s.a. (pretty sure its the same in most states), police don't man the roadside camera's!
They do in QLD!!!
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #79
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

irlewy86.
I was a child in the 60's & 70's.

In politics there is and always will be corruption. only a fool would think you could get rid of it.

The main problem is the TV educated numb skulls who just sit on there fat *** and let all the bull just soak in.

The media is a whore and has always been and will always will be one.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #80
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
QLD police officers operate the speed cameras here, pretty sure it's the same in NSW
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post