Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #61
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 
Default Re: VFacts March..Mazda wins AGAIN!!!!

Find me any case of an American car getting made global under One Ford and i'll give you at least 4 Euro Fords made global cars: Fiesta. Focus. Mondeo. Transit.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #62
prydey
Rob

one ford isn't about selling the same car in many different countries. in some ways it is, but its also just about sharing technology and platforms, rather than developing unique platforms for small countries.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #63
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
That would be better..the 626 to replace Focus..then Ford might get good sales !!! One Ford might be good in theory, but not in practice.......
Ahh, but it is good in practice and the Focus is a perfect example of it. Behind the Corolla (which is also a world car), it's the worlds 2nd best selling car.

Down in Aus, could it be a combination of things that cause Focus to not set the world on fire like other markets - marketing, small market with fierce competition, perception of Ford in the marketplace?
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #64
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Reliability is Fords strong point
The old man's XE and EA Falcons weren't reliable at all, but thats just our experience.

I've bought 2 new Fords because at the time one was the best in the class, the other time I got snubbed at Hyundai and Holden while Ford just about chased me down when I stepped on the property.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #65
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
I know several people who had BA Falcons and SX Territory's 5 - 10 years ago who now hate the brand, simply because of silly things like warped brakes, rust, balljoints, diff bushes and **** dealer service. People will not continue buying your product regardless of how good it is if the quality is crap.

Ford need a big wake up call.

Exactly - no point saying "X" car is reliable - it's 2012 ...all cars (even Italian) are reliable. Falcons/Terriitories are reliable - but QC is low and the dealers are woeful.

Modern buyers want an allround ownership experience ...Ford can not deliver on this point.
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #66
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i OHC
The Fiesta is the UK's best selling car. However, as a previous poster mentioned, it could just be down to people downsizing from a Focus for, say, tax reasons. Either way, reviews of the new Focus have been lacklustre compared to the reception that the old Focus received.
If you read me link?????????? Foucs was the best selling car in the UK for Feb, this is fact. But yes Fiesta is best YTD. However any car that sells the most in any one month is in no way, shape or form tanking.. This comment is just not right. Also sales are up in UK, up in the USA & up here in Australia.. How is this anything but good for brand Fucus on a gobal stage??
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #67
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Do you have to say the same thing over & over & over on every topic, year after year after year.. Seriously, I look for your name in every topic like this one, just so I can read the same thing every time...
Ok, but since you keep reading it can you please take the time to see if its proven correct before hitting the keyboard.

I don't think we should be lambasting Ford enthusiasts but I confess the whole lets think something up to explain away this months sales disaster or shoot the messenger if we can't a tad frustrating.There are many factors sure, but the fundamental problems haven't changed since the sales trends downward started for Ford in Australia. Many on here have explained it in their postings, given up and left the brand and the forums when Ford haven't changed and they grew tired of being accused of basically making stuff up.

It would be nice if as a group we were writing petitions to Ford US and demanding they take control of the train wreck that is Ford AU. Instead of whining about the press, actually use them to send the message that Ford management must change and must address the challenges the company faces. That being the largest loser month after month isn't acceptable for a brand we all love. What happens instead is we get the excuse of the month and a few people shot down who pop their heads up and state the bloody obvious about whats happening.

In a few weeks and for the first time in 52 years there won't be an Australian built Ford in our families driveway. I was near as dam it born in a Falcon and spent my youth sitting in one as our family car. My dad owned the first series of Falcon in Australia and several after that. The last time he came home from hospital before his death it was in his new Falcon.

My kids have grown up in the back seats of Falcons and now a Territory. My first cars were Fords and until recently I've owned more Fords then any other brand. All either built or at least assembled here in Australia.

Over my fireplace is a framed and autographed picture of an XC Falcon Cobra signed to me from Allan Moffat. Something I treasure and given to me by my wife as a present last Christmas. Yeah I have blue blood, but like many before me I've had enough of Ford.

In a few weeks both our family cars will have Mazda badges. The poor dealer service with Ford, the outright lies I am told by them and the never ending quality issues I have with Ford vehicles mean I've just had enough. If you don't think that someone like me leaving is an issue, with the strong emotional attachment and history I have with the brand, well you might be part of the problem. Blind allegiance won't keep Aussie jobs at Ford and it won't stop the train wreck happening. If an American multinational like Ford wants to screw themselves then fine. Frankly what I am concerned about is the Aussie jobs that goes with them. Jobs I've done my bit to support over the years as did my dad before me. That is something I am more concerned about.

Ford has serious problems and unfortunately Ford enthusiasts on this forums are just bickering amongst themselves while it all goes down.
There are bigger things at play then the current flavor of the forum explanations of poor marketing and perceptions.

Last edited by DanielXR8; 04-04-2012 at 11:52 PM.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #68
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
Ok, but since you keep reading it can you please take the time to see if its proven correct before hitting the keyboard.
The only think I can do here is go on personal experience.. And I for currently own an FG & have FANTASTIC (not good, but fantastic) customer service from my local Ford dealer. Whem my next car comes around I'll be going striaght to them & buying again..

Take Falcon out of prior years sales numbers & Ford sales have increased!! Dont confuse a Falcon problem (whos main customers have always been fleets anyway) for a Ford problem or a dealer network problem..

Last edited by Joe5619; 05-04-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #69
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who cares about customer service? When I buy a car I just want the lowest possible price, and be done with it. My last car I bought new and owned for 7 years, never saw the dealership again after the day I picked it up. I get my cars serviced at Ultratune as it's far cheaper than at the dealer.
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 12:10 AM   #70
stang65
FPRJET

[QUOTE=DanielXR8]Ok, but since you keep reading it can you please take the time to see if its proven correct before hitting the keyboard.

In a few weeks both our family cars will have Mazda badges.

So do tell me what Mazda package that is equivalent to the comfort and power of a 6cylinder Ford Falcon do you have. My taste in cars is it has to have a minimum of 6 cylinders and I like it to be driven by the rear wheels with enough comfort to fit five people comfortably.

Or are you just becoming a little more femine....(only joking about the last bit)

But, I will say and this applies to alot of people on this forum who claim to have blue blood ( again not targeted at you), the past is the past if your loyalty to the brand belongs to the past and you don`t think the current crop cut it then you no longer support the brand. And thats why we have so many people on this forum who don`t drive late model Fords or got the sads with a particular model and do nothing but bag every model after.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #71
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Would a CX-9 fit that criteria then?
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #72
stang65
FPRJET

If i wanted an SUV I would buy a Terry, Oh hold on thats what my wife drives.
I was talking about a sedan.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:26 AM   #73
HUNTER8

If you look at the bigger pictue, worldwide the top selling cars were
Pos Model 2011
1 Toyota Corolla 1,141,709
2 Ford Focus 882,551
3 VW Golf 864,452
4 VW Polo 788,789
5 Ford Fiesta 767,465
6 Hyundai Elantra 751,967
7 Wuling Sunshine 731,689
8 Chevrolet Cruze 704,691
9 Ford F-Series 698,319
10 VW Jetta 695,159

(Source http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2012/...elling-models/ )

Mazda 3 came in at pos 45 with 335,000 sales and Mazda 6 at pos 102 (below Mondeo) so Australia's market is skewed based on worldwide figures.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #74
HUNTER8

And to put Falcon sales into a worldwide perspective........
January 2012 Ford sold 1435 Falcons in a country with a population of 22 million people. It sold 4042 Mustangs (largely in North America) which has a population of 528 million.
(Source http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums...ales-Breakdown ).
Old 05-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #75
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTER8
And to put Falcon sales into a worldwide perspective........
January 2012 Ford sold 1435 Falcons in a country with a population of 22 million people. It sold 4042 Mustangs (largely in North America) which has a population of 528 million.
(Source http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums...ales-Breakdown ).
You really cann't compare the Falcon to the Mustang..Taurus sold 3400, is a fairer comparison......Mustang outsold the Taurus!!!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 01:12 AM   #76
1TUFFUTE
Banned

it really does feel like im always saying the same things all the time here...
do people realize the holden comadore is the most recalled car in aus history???so why does it sell so many.
I n recent histroy ford has had a solid reputation as BUILT FORD TOUGH.

nOW ALL THESE UNEDUCATED PEOPLE WHO THINK JUST BECAUSE THEY OR SOMEONE THEY KNOW HAS OR HAD A PROBLEM WITH A FORD IS THE END OF THE WORLD IS DILUSSIONAL. i simply cant be bothered finding the site AGAIN but there is official stats and lists of surveys done for new car reliability...new car satisfaction..and new car faults/defects/warranty claims.

GUESS WHAT.....Toyota is from memory on average well down the list from where most of you percieve it...and for the rest of the brands their leading and main models...they are actually all very close on all accounts.

So all these idiots spreading garbage all the time about fords reliability..blah blah blah.......get a grip on reality

THE FACT IS FORD AUSTRALIA HAS CLASS LEADING CARS IN ALL CLASSES

I mean seriously..look at the stats above...the same cars were talking about here the mazda 3 was dominated by2 or 3 times by the Ford model around the globe

the only thing you can honestly put these australian figures and discussions down to is a myriad or reasons all adding up to ever changing and evolving sales records.

And for me...who cares about sales...FORDS ARE THE BEST
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 01:48 AM   #77
1TUFFUTE
Banned

here some quick facts to warm the hearts of the true ford believers
About 20 recalls last year alone for holden
Holden
GM Holden Ltd—Holden JG Cruze Series I (Diesel)7th December 2011
Holden—Holden Epica 2.0L5th December 2011
Holden—Holden Captiva Series 1 (Diesel)21st November 2011
Holden—Hummer H315th July 2011
Holden—UBS Jackaroo & Monterey—Wiring Harness6th June 2011
Holden—JG Cruze6th May 2011
Holden—VE Series II Sportwagon—Rear Seat Striker15th March 2011
Holden—AH Astra, V2 Monaro, VX & VY Commodore, VZ Commodore & Monaro, WH Statesman & Caprice, WK Statesman &

And just a few for ford
Ford—SZ Territory22nd August 2011
Ford—BA/BAII and BF/BFII Falcon, Fairlane, LTD and FPV4th February 2011
Ford—PJ and PK Ranger Models—Cruise Control

and just for kicks there was close to 90 recalls in the last ten years for holden with less then 50 for ford..allthough im sure these including everything from engines to slippery floor mats haha
there was however also only 2 mazda recalls last year...one being the mazda3 and only about 30 overall in the last 10 years. Mind you theyve had a much smaller product cachae for awhile im sure but still not bad.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:55 AM   #78
1TUFFUTE
Banned

sorry cant help myself...

VW had less then 20 recalls in the last ten years and wait for it...Toyota.....nearly 90 in the last ten years.
The most unsatisfactory car in the first 5months new in the last ten years is the Holden Adventura with more then 70% of buyers with complaints.

Most Of fords first 5 month complaints were rattles and shakes and also engine related while holdens where interior and body panels.

...and im alll statd out....
Old 05-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #79
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
sorry cant help myself...

VW had less then 20 recalls in the last ten years and wait for it...Toyota.....nearly 90 in the last ten years.
The most unsatisfactory car in the first 5months new in the last ten years is the Holden Adventura with more then 70% of buyers with complaints.

Most Of fords first 5 month complaints were rattles and shakes and also engine related while holdens where interior and body panels.

...and im alll statd out....
Have you got links for these stats?
Ohh and expect to get attacked from the usuals for sticking up for the Ford product.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #80
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haven't got a letter for a recall for my BF 2 ? What's it for ?thanx
Old 05-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #81
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How many falcons did ford sell in march?
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #82
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Haven't got a letter for a recall for my BF 2 ? What's it for ?thanx
I believe it's for the sunroof
http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/in.../itemId/999927
Old 05-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #83
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How many Holden recalls were as a result of 3 years of media campaign about an obvious design fault that the manufactuer refused to admit was there until they were dragged kicking and screaming across the line?
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #84
blk6t

It's really no surprise.

My wife went from a Fiesta to a Mazda 3 SP25 and it is a fantastic car. Looks great, interior is full of features, leather, sunroof etc etc and it goes well, no rattles. Economy is good too at 8.5L per 100kms. And we got it for $34k drive away. From stepping foot into the Mazda dealer to driving away, the service was outstanding and the dealership was always FULL of people!

The only reason I drive a Falcon is because I love driving performance Fords, not for reliability, not for dealership service and not for saving $$$.

Driving a performance Ford is costly, things break and it's expensive to maintain and drive. But I don't mind, I enjoy it! My last two XR6 Turbos both had brake problems, rattles, one had a rusty boot, crappy paintwork, shocking driveline...but I LOVED them, the average family would not!

The problem is Ford had horrible quality issues with the BA, and people swore never to buy another Falcon again, irrespective if the FG is a massive step up, people are not going to risk spending another $35k - $45k on another Falcon that may be full of problems again.

Mazda deserves to be the number one selling car!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #85
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyB
Thank you..I don't have the sun roof
Old 05-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #86
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwil
How many falcons did ford sell in march?
Nic85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #87
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic85
Can you hear the drums ? Fernando (FORD) they beat for you..
Sad, a great car is going out so forgotten by Ford..Just like the Fairlane, LTD..
Old 05-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #88
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic85
It still beat the Liberty, Maxima, Mazda 7 and Aurion. Not bad if you ask me.
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #89
.FoMoCo.

For anyone here shouting claims of Mazda's so-called bulletproof reliability, just do a quick search on the recalls on the RX-8s.
Horrendous engine failures.

Can't remember anything like that one in Ford's recent history....
Old 05-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #90
.FoMoCo.

For a

Last edited by .FoMoCo.; 05-04-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: double post
.FoMoCo. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post