Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #61
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Default Re: What's the missus reckon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
Well, go and break it ya girl. lol

I don't have the heart to, JC..... Yes, I am soft
Old 05-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #62
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

"If it didn't come standard, you can't put it on it cause it costs too much".

Hell, I had to convince her over a bloody month to let me do the oil change on the Paj, albeit she actually helped me to do it.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #63
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I find this thread hilarious, that you would assume that everyone out there wants to have a wife and 2.4 kids and a boring (non)existance. That you would assume that everyone who reads this forum is heterosexual, or even male for that matter.
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #64
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davez621
I find this thread hilarious, that you would assume that everyone out there wants to have a wife and 2.4 kids and a boring (non)existance. That you would assume that everyone who reads this forum is heterosexual, or even male for that matter.
It's a fair assumption, given that cars are status symbols for men and generally a masculine domain. Little boys are given toy cars to play with, it's a part of men's gender identity. There aren't a great deal of female mechanics or car enthusiasts out there.

That being said, the thought of settling down and becoming another overmortgaged overweight suburbanite is horrifying, I like being single and doing whatever I like
Old 05-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #65
red80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think it is a balancing act
I give her some free time and she gives me some for the car.
I was out of it for a while and when I wanted to get another car to play with she even let me buy a 6x9 shed to put it in.....sweet.
Set some limits. Be honest and involve them and the kids with the fun times once it is built.

All good
red80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #66
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win
It's a fair assumption, given that cars are status symbols for men and generally a masculine domain. Little boys are given toy cars to play with, it's a part of men's gender identity. There aren't a great deal of female mechanics or car enthusiasts out there.

That being said, the thought of settling down and becoming another overmortgaged overweight suburbanite is horrifying, I like being single and doing whatever I like

It's not that bad!! I have a wife and 2 little one's (3 & 2). I'm only 23 (almost 24), with the car i have, and we're all happy and enjoying life!!

Her theory is, i get to do the affordable mods over this next year, then when i get posted to Bris (hopefully...) she wants for us to own a home.

I think i'm one of those lucky guys, she knows how to cook/bake A N Y T H I N G from scratch and actually enjoys doing it, and is an awesome mother, doesn't go loopy ( ) looking after the kids (by herself) for months at a time, while i'm away. I'm just not very good at telling her :(

Great to see this thread has got off the ground like it did!!

Cheers!!! Mick.

There's no replacement for displacement!!!

Handling: Bilstein Shocks with King springs all round, Whiteline 27mm front swaybar & 22mm rear adj, upgraded PBR rotors, calipers and braided lines all round with Bendix Ultimate pads.
Go Fast Bits: Herrod C.A.I with K&N 4" pod flter, Herrod Helix spacer, Herrod oil breathers, Tridon 72c thermostat, Herrod 2.5" stainless cat back zorst.
Bunyip04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #67
GunmetalFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
as grandpa beige use to say.. if they didnt have a ...... theyd be stacked ten high at the dump with bullet holes in them....
used to work with an old block that had "if they didnt have c..... you wouldnt even talk to em" tattooed on his arm and was a singlet wearer classic. but true My ex for this reason among others wanted to get a family type car not a ute .. pffft i can get all the shopping from car shop in my ute no worries at all, even more no im single ..= win
Koni Suspension
Twin 2.5inch Stainless Pipes
Custom Tray
GunmetalFox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2011, 12:59 AM   #68
bester
Starter Motor

I feel sorry for you guys who's wife's don't share your passion . I am the misses and I bought the V8 but lately I have to put up a fight to drive my own car. It's all of the sudden become "our car" and I am not allowed to use it to work in the week as my foot is to heavy and I use to much fuel blah blah blah. Suppose it's true and I have to make a few stops in the day to drop off and pick up kids but I still get annoyed as it is mine. I only get to use it on the weekends now but I'm happy with that, sometimes you have to compromise to make the other half happy
Old 06-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #69
4vdean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davez621
If your suggesting when starting a thread on AFF that the subject has to target every single members demographic and interests perfectly then "AFF is dead" luckily its not, cause we are a diverse bunch, hence all the different sub forums, if something looks like its not going to interest you or offend "Don't open it"

Feel free to start a new thread titled "What's the partner reckon?" if that floats your boat, the success of the original thread so far speaks for itself
Old 06-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #70
Molloy
Captain beat down

I get a really dissapointed/cranky look from her when im in the garage with the bonnet up or when im washing it thats about it

Molloy's Build thread
Molloy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #71
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vdean
If your suggesting when starting a thread on AFF that the subject has to target every single members demographic and interests perfectly then "AFF is dead" luckily its not, cause we are a diverse bunch, hence all the different sub forums, if something looks like its not going to interest you or offend "Don't open it"

Feel free to start a new thread titled "What's the partner reckon?" if that floats your boat, the success of the original thread so far speaks for itself

Agreed!!

I notice you locations is "Top End", where abouts? If you don't mind my asking.

Handling: Bilstein Shocks with King springs all round, Whiteline 27mm front swaybar & 22mm rear adj, upgraded PBR rotors, calipers and braided lines all round with Bendix Ultimate pads.
Go Fast Bits: Herrod C.A.I with K&N 4" pod flter, Herrod Helix spacer, Herrod oil breathers, Tridon 72c thermostat, Herrod 2.5" stainless cat back zorst.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:53 AM   #72
4vdean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip04
Agreed!!

I notice you locations is "Top End", where abouts? If you don't mind my asking.
Right at the top (Darwin, rural)
Old 07-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #73
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vdean
Right at the top (Darwin, rural)
Howard springs? Humpty doo? Noonamah? Haha.
I'm bit further in town, at the RAAF base. Should try organise some ppl to come down for lap sprints on the 20th November.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:38 PM   #74
EATHSV
Oo---oO

My missus is fantastic, she has an incureable illness that knocks the wind out of her most days. Nevertheless she can still look after our three kids 9,3 and 1month and sort out the house while I'm at work all night.
She still lets me indulge in the cars when money and time permits and even has her own AU that we're working on.

I honestly don't know how she does it some days.. so strong, I am a better person because of her.

Successful transactions with the following members:
Ride, Raised by Monkeys, TICK4D-TAS, Falcman007, 2002AU, JC.
EATHSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #75
obZen
Everything Is Fire

Mine isn't really phased by cars, she doesn't really like it when I crank my stereo, that's about it.

But hey, why spend $3500 on a system for your car when you can't enjoy it however you like? :P
obZen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post