Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #61
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Falcon ute going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
FPV are not selling 200 V8s a month... Not at the moment anyways.. They would be lucky to be moving 50...

As for Falcon ute dead, why? They could leave it as FG Series 1 and stlll sell 500 a month for the next 3 years.

I really hope they bring the XR8 ute back. Frankly I think the FPV GS has been a disaster in bringing new buyers to Ford, I suspect FPV GS buyers were always going to buy a FPV or Ford. Its the fence-sitting SS or SSV buyers who follow the latest flavour of the month trends who would be swayed by a XR8...

Plus there are no fricken rural FPV dealers!!! You are throwing away hundreds of potential sales by not having vehicles on the ground where people live. Bring back XR8 ute!!
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #62
StrikeTwiceXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Re: Falcon ute dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0
Jees, mines in vanish..im starting to think it might have been damaged in transit..was given an original time frame of 6 weeks though so can't really complain..unless its full of bog
Maybe it has "Vanished" lol. Sorry to hear buddy, it will be worth the wait. Trust me!
StrikeTwiceXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #63
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Re: Falcon ute dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
If I want a sports ute I sure as ***** won't buy a Ranger.
I would only buy a Falcon/Commo ute. I drive these other utes for hlaf a day and feel stiff as a board.

I'd like to see what LPi does to ute sales. Egas was quite a big chunk of ute sales.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:03 AM   #64
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Hope it's true, although not surprised the FG axles are poor quality and bend to easily compared to what was used for BA/BF.
Another supplier may fix this issue...
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo/region15
4.Beam axle supplier not receiving any further purchase orders..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 01:17 AM   #65
Zero_PSI
Banned

Pfft. Yeah, and Ferrari are gonna start building Family cars.
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 05:20 AM   #66
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

After reading about the potential of the new powertrains coming online I don't believe at all that we'll lose the ute.

To be completely honest I dont think we'll lose the falcon or rwd either for that matter.
It's all rumours and scare mongering!
Nothing but good things coming from ford!
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #67
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Plus there are no fricken rural FPV dealers!!!
it's a good point, i'd imagine there are more country drivers buying utes as a percentage of sales, but i imagine most get the XR6 anyway.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #68
Ford PR
Starter Motor

Hi everyone, Just thought that I'd dispel any rumours that are out there at the moment. Falcon remains an extremely important part of the Ford line-up. That’s why we’re continuing to invest in Falcon and Territory. As is normal practice, we are currently working our future model plans but don't expect to see anything about our future plans just yet. We hope you understand that we can't reveal any future strategies to our competitors.
Ford PR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #69
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford PR
Hi everyone, Just thought that I'd dispel any rumours that are out there at the moment. Falcon remains an extremely important part of the Ford line-up. That’s why we’re continuing to invest in Falcon and Territory. As is normal practice, we are currently working our future model plans but don't expect to see anything about our future plans just yet. We hope you understand that we can't reveal any future strategies to our competitors.
So will Falcon ute be staying beyond Feb 2012 like some of your suppliers suggest here?

I surely hope so
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #70
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Once people drive the new Ranger, Falcon ute will be gone. The only thing that Ranger type utes lack at the moment is the ride comfort, once this is sorted why buy a cramped, cant see out of properly, ute? It may stay for FG II but I bet development willl now stop, much the same way the panel van went.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #71
Stazza_Brendan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ranger also lacks a performance model. Like xr6 turbo or coyote.
ZF - Optioned interior - Hardlid - Rapidsystems V4.5 kit - GTX3576R - Crow Cams Valve springs - 1000cc KPM injectors - 20" MC Racing Wheels - DashDaq/Cobalt Gauges - 4in dump/3.5in exhaust system - Shockworks Coilovers - 30mm Swaybar - Shockworks 4pot 355mm front brakes - GT R-spec rear brakes
CPV Tuned to 340rwkw
Stazza_Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #72
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith
Once people drive the new Ranger, Falcon ute will be gone. The only thing that Ranger type utes lack at the moment is the ride comfort, once this is sorted why buy a cramped, cant see out of properly, ute?.

i cant agree with that at all, not everyone that wants a ute, wants a high riding 4wd type ute.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #73
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
not everyone that wants a ute, wants a high riding 4wd type ute.
Correct, I love Utes & have had 3 since 2003, a Ranger is a long from the type of vehicle I want to drive, 2 different markets..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 05-09-2011 at 06:58 PM.
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #74
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen

Plus there are no fricken rural FPV dealers!!! You are throwing away hundreds of potential sales by not having vehicles on the ground where people live. Bring back XR8 ute!!

Bendigo has a FPV authorised dealer.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #75
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If there is a new Ute after this generation, perhaps they could go back to the way they used to be, with the tub integrated with the rest of the car like Holden's ute, which is a show pony rather than a work car... we have Ranger for the work market...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #76
xr8lover

Just curious, how many of you guys who are positive of Falcon's future actually work in the automotive industry?, I ain't saying who I work for suffice to say we are a major supplier to Ford and believe me, the news we are recieving from Ford does NOT bode well guys!.
xr8lover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 07:21 PM   #77
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My thoughts are as the 4WD type utes become more refined and I belive the new Ranger will be a game changer, the average ute buyer will move away from sedan based utes. Ford and eventually GM will not resource for a small market for which will ultimately be a performace car.
I feel that the One Ford model is very closely based on Toyotas model. If you want a Toyota ute pretty much world wide it will be a Hilux or maybe a Landcruiser. Same car sold all over the world.
I have moved from two new Falcon utes over the last 6 years to the current Ranger. I couldnt go back. A little more power, a quieter ride and more suspension compliance and they will have a life time customer, and dont even start with the relabilty between the two.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #78
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8lover
Just curious, how many of you guys who are positive of Falcon's future actually work in the automotive industry?, I ain't saying who I work for suffice to say we are a major supplier to Ford and believe me, the news we are recieving from Ford does NOT bode well guys!.
Well it might not bode well for you if Ford is going with a different supplier...

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #79
xr8lover

tell me "bout it!, lost work from Mitsubishi, GMH, sad state of affairs in this country, may as well go and buy crappy Korean junk..........
xr8lover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 08:43 PM   #80
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are you saying Korean parts are junk vs Aussie made parts?
What about Cruze-good or bad?
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #81
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
Are you saying Korean parts are junk vs Aussie made parts?
What about Cruze-good or bad?

drive a cruze then drive a focus and tell me if korean is better than european.
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #82
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nah, got 2 focuses now and owned a 2004 before.
Dont like the asthmatic 1.8 in the Cruze nor the idea of a 1.4 tsi motor and the Peugeot/Ford 2 litre diesel is definitely more flexible (torque at lower revs) than the Cruze diesel.
But Cruze outsells Focus 3 to 1.
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #83
robbo/region15

Quote:

Just not the News we get from within Barry Rd,the other Tier suppliers all over Vic are getting the same news & views.Global sourcing is bigger than anyone can imagine,not good for Victorians as a whole,wait and see.
robbo/region15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #84
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Ford PR (post 68) suggests otherwise.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #85
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
FPV are not selling 200 V8s a month... Not at the moment anyways.. They would be lucky to be moving 50...

As for Falcon ute dead, why? They could leave it as FG Series 1 and stlll sell 500 a month for the next 3 years.
I beg to differ. They would easily be doing at least 150+ a month. Things have really picked up over the past few months for FPV.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #86
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia
If there is a new Ute after this generation, perhaps they could go back to the way they used to be, with the tub integrated with the rest of the car like Holden's ute, which is a show pony rather than a work car... we have Ranger for the work market...
even though the holden ute is quite commonly referred to as the show pony of the two, doesnt it actually have a higher load rating than the more 'worker' oriented ford?

ive never been a fan of the separate tray but you cant argue with its usefulness.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 10:10 PM   #87
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo/region15
[/U][/U]

Just not the News we get from within Barry Rd,the other Tier suppliers all over Vic are getting the same news & views.Global sourcing is bigger than anyone can imagine,not good for Victorians as a whole,wait and see.
And there it is.

It seems we are now finding out the true meaning of 'One Ford'.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #88
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
even though the holden ute is quite commonly referred to as the show pony of the two, doesnt it actually have a higher load rating than the more 'worker' oriented ford?

ive never been a fan of the separate tray but you cant argue with its usefulness.
Compare base models and the Falcon destroys the Commo ute. The XR vs S models then they're rated about the same, but this is apparently because of tyres on the Falcon that are causing the lower load capacity.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:49 PM   #89
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

Falcon tray back can carry 1.2 tonne. The most the Commode can do is around 800kg.

The SS can carry a little more than the XR's but put that down to the load rating of the tyres more than anything.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #90
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford PR
Are Ford planning on doing anything to dispel the viscious rumours that have been circulating about Ford Australia's/Falcons demise, or are they going to continue saying nothing until it becomes so bad that no one would even consider buying one due to all the negative sentiment.

The ABC killed Mitsubishi with a lot of negative stories, have Ford learnt nothing. And they probably wonder why Falcon isn't selling. Constant negative stories in the media, and Ford continues to do nothing to dispel them.