Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-05-2005, 10:09 AM   #61
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351xafairmont
Recently at the retirement village at wannaroo we went out there as there was a fault in the system usually the old people with alzheimers who always flush there undies down the toilet. So we went out there and found a goanna sitting onto of one of the rising mains it was like animal rescue rspca and we saved him but the weird thing is there theres no way to get into this pit other than down a toilet, so some old person has flushed it down there.
Wow. Just wow.
Old 20-05-2005, 10:15 AM   #62
james

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Toed
Having to deal with Management™.

ROFL! Too true!

Put on your best Sam Jackson voice and quote Jules from Pulp Fiction, "English Mother****er! Do you speak it?!"

LOL hear you loud and clear, work is the same for me.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 10:29 AM   #63
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I work in retail. Enough said :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 10:44 AM   #64
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
I work at Holdens, sorry, make that "GM Holden", and also put up with a bunch of obnoxious dickheads everyday...... but they're not allright...
they're all stupid ferals.

if it wasn't for the damn good pay I swear i would've gone postal with a pair of hammers by now......
Nah, it's water down a ducks back mate. They used to get to me, now I just dish it out twice as hard.
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 11:25 PM   #65
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

-feathers- lol...my customers complain about 5five cents over.gets me so ****ed off.. i bet if i said five cents cheaper there is no complaining..
xr8 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 11:56 PM   #66
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember one time when someone bought something at my work and the total ended up being something like $7.44. The computer as we know rounds it up to the next 5 cents so i charge him $7.45 on his credit card. Next thing you know he starts complaining saying i commited fraud. 1 ****ing cent. I charge what the computer says to charge and no different. Anyway he says i can take you to ACCC and complain about this. Anyways after him whinging about it i offered him the 5 cents which he then said it was alright. Im like thinking **** ya do what you want. What a loser though to bitch over 1 cent then tells me to forget it when i offered him 5 cents back. It all gets rounded at the bank anyways though right? **** wits like that make me want to smack out the customers.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 12:23 AM   #67
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Traffic control..Get abused by everone!!! Looks easy but it's pita to do after a few hours...Every one should do it once in there life...Thank god its NOT my normal job, but I have RTA ticket ....
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 12:37 PM   #68
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Work for an insurance company...

Luckily tho I only deal with staff and its prob only 5% of the time that I speak to a customer.

But that 5% of the time is more than enough. I hate dealing with really old people, people that don't have a reasonable grasp on the english language(caucasion or otherwise) or f'kwits that bitch over increases in prices that are like $5 or something stupid. Get over it. You don't have to pay the damn premium, if you don't like it go elsewhere. We're not forcing you to pay the damn thing....

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 09:22 PM   #69
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well we all have our share of shit jobs..to all those in the emergency services hats off...that is Docs,nurses,ambos,firies,coppers,etc.
Apart from that I was a union sec and a firie try having to deal with recalcitrant bosses who all they are out to do is screw the worker you cop it from both sides the bosses who would like to have you eliminated and the workers who don't think your doing all you can for them.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 03:11 AM   #70
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
I work in retail. Enough said :(
Indeed. I used to think being customer service at K Mart wasn't too bad a job (compared to friends that were working at maccas), but after 4 years and a lot of management changes, it really gets to me when new managers come up to me and tell me how i should be doing my job. Look buddy, i've been here a lot longer than you! ing_sm

It also sucks that after a lot of work experience in the tv industry, where every employee is a valued employee, coming back to kmart where management honestly dont care who you are or how good you do your job is really depressing. Hopefully i can quit there after xmas.
Old 23-05-2005, 06:50 PM   #71
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

MITCHAY- u did the right thing...you have to round it off to the nearest cent on epofts....Each time a customer argues about shit like that i always yell out very sarkastically -ohhhhhhhhhh noooo how am i gona fix this mistake!!!!lol lol
xr8 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 12:08 AM   #72
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Well we all have our share of shit jobs..to all those in the emergency services hats off...that is Docs,nurses,ambos,firies,coppers,etc.
Hats off to the poor guys doing the Helpline calls.

Man you'd wanna be able to detach yourself from work after a shift there.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 12:13 AM   #73
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Man
Hopefully i can quit there after xmas.
Are you mad? I've worked in retail at Christmas time......NEVER AGAIN.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post