Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #61
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Default Re: New Ford Mondeo revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
I honestly cannot beleieve that anyone could possibly think that this car is not great looking!!
The illustrated car looks great, especially the front end, but it's the oversized hockey stick that just looks out of place, and I find out of sync with the front end's Kinetic theme. It just doesn't gel. It looks even worse when viewing from the rear.

Look at the lines over and around the rear quarter panels and you can see what I'm talking about. There's a lot more definition in the car below, and again, it gels with the theme unlike the blue car. This is why I was relieved it's just an illustration.

What I should have said from the start is the finished product will look better and left it at that.

Last edited by Falc'man; 02-10-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #62
J.Molloy
Territorial

If the do end up making the car similar to that render then that thing is gonna be awesome, sexiest looking mondeo, its like a baby jag
Old 02-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #63
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

If the new Mondeo wagon looks similar to the render in the OP and comes with either the Ecoboost or big bopper 2.2 diesel I will be trading in the Mazda 6 very soon after!
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2011, 11:08 PM   #64
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
If the new Mondeo wagon looks similar to the render in the OP and comes with either the Ecoboost or big bopper 2.2 diesel I will be trading in the Mazda 6 very soon after!
And that is exactly what Ford need to be aiming for. Thank you sir, you just proved my thoughts exactly.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 12:17 AM   #65
stang65
FPRJET

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Yeah, that was kinda the point I was making.
What if Post 2015 Falcon used the same top hats as Mondeo sedan, hatch and stationwagon, grafted to a modified RWD floor pan.
That would make the whole progress much cheaper by combining styling elements of Fusion/Mondeo with RWD.

Something truly unique.....
thats what i was trying to say earlier "That looks horn, leave the falcon chassis and an inline 6 with a rturbo in it and put that on top. Sex on wheels."

Except I gave it some performance.. I like the way you think.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #66
prydey
Rob

actually i don't like that idea. i like the look of the mondeo AS a mondeo. if they badged it a falcon, i wouldn't like it. i actually prefer the falcon tophat.

also, the artist impression of the front seems to be going away from the look of falcon/territory/focus etc. they all now have the larger opening as the lower air dam, with a smaller grill.

is it possible the top grill you can see is fake?
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 02:06 PM   #67
Tough Ford

Like the Aston front end with a hint of Audi A4 rear,nice.

Cleveland goodness wrapped in a FORD shell
Tough Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #68
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
Quote:
What if Post 2015 Falcon used the same top hats as Mondeo sedan, hatch and stationwagon, grafted to a modified RWD floor pan.
That would make the whole progress much cheaper by combining styling elements of Fusion/Mondeo with RWD.

thats what i was trying to say earlier "That looks horn, leave the falcon chassis and an inline 6 with a turbo in it and put that on top. Sex on wheels."

Except I gave it some performance.. I like the way you think.
I'm with you guys! The FG is a great looker, but it isn't 'sex on wheels'.

But, I do understand that if the inline 6 has to go for packaging (primarily) but also to use global engines for a global market, then fair enough.

I'm seeing a whole heap of synergies for Fusion/Mondeo/Falcon/Mustang. All are within 100mm in wheelbase and 175mm in length.

Ford Aus have shown very clearly how well they can graft tophats onto chassis. ie Territory on Falcon platform. Redesigning Fiesta into Figo. SUV onto T6 Ranger etc.

Can easily see common rwd Falcon chassis to behind the seats (ala Ute) with Mustang. Unique except common IRS thereafter. Stylistically similar tophats with Mondeo on Falcon chassis.

Anyway, that next gen Mondeo has the potential to be a real good looker! Good looking cars, get people in showrooms.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #69
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I'd re-mortgage the house and sleep outside my local dealer for a month.
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post