Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #61
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Avatar in 3D is definitely a case of "don't knock the horse you haven't ridden".

Nothing but a big screen with 3D can do it justice.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 01:05 AM   #62
vik351
Banned

Have definitely decided not to see it. My reasoning, despite what some may call poor, works for me. It's kinda like not liking a certain beer (VB), because I've only sampled a small amount (much like seeing a preview/trailer for a movie) and thus, have decided never to try it again.

Same here,couldnt be bothered,saw the trailer on you tube,looked too corny for my liking,those stoopid lookin faces put me off something shockin

3D 3shmee...

vik...Pluss heard it's a **** plot...!!!
vik351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 03:46 AM   #63
Serial_Fool
Whipper Snappa

They go on about this film being one of the greatest looking CGI-fests ever, what they don't tell you is any video game released in the last couple of years looks this good, or in many cases looks better AND does it on a significantly smaller budget.

Take away the "OMG SPECIAL EFFECTS" and its a by the numbers movie that panders to the eco-religion that seems to be in trend at the moment.

Also, furries.
Old 13-01-2010, 04:11 AM   #64
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serial_Fool
They go on about this film being one of the greatest looking CGI-fests ever, what they don't tell you is any video game released in the last couple of years looks this good, or in many cases looks better AND does it on a significantly smaller budget.
I'd suggest editing this part out if you don't want to appear ignorant.
Old 13-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #65
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serial_Fool

Take away the "OMG SPECIAL EFFECTS" and its a by the numbers movie that panders to the eco-religion that seems to be in trend at the moment.

Also, furries.
ha ha ..thats the nuttiest thing Ive heard in a long time...any video game is just as good...? better even...? what are you smokin.
Look I can understand you might not like the movie..the blue people, the hype...whatever but dont let that translate into irrational statments like the above. Video games are generations away from what you see in films like this..GENERRTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! at both technical and artistic levels. I know, I have worked in both fields.

When I first saw the avatar trailer I thought it looked silly too, thought the blue people didnt look right and so on, and I still think the story is a leftist LAME O RAMA ,but out that aside you have to remember this film was made to be seen primarily in 3D and it was tailored to suit that format, so I wouldnt be judging its quality from a youtube clip ...watched in all its glory its a visual feast and nothing else as far as Im concerned.
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #66
Outback
Banned

Have seen it yet I don't pay to watch movies I can see on TV for free.
Outback is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 11:08 AM   #67
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback
Have seen it yet I don't pay to watch movies I can see on TV for free.
OK, report back in a few years and tell us what you think.
cs123 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #68
Outback
Banned

will do.
Outback is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #69
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Can understand this not being everyones thing, especially based on the short snippets on the TV ....... but I always reserve my judgement until I have seen things for myself. I consider myself a movie nerd and will see anything that is not regarded as a 'chick flick' .... even then I suffered through a few.

To bag anything unseen is weird but I think some might be missing out on a good few hours of a cinematic experience, putting aside the story to some degree, and also its lame morals, its just something thats different to anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serial Fool
So .... you haven't seen it then obviously?

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #70
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Geez, even threads about blockbuster movies turn into a debate of the ages.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #71
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some people like to throw in chunks of metal into a grinder and see what comes out.
Most forum threads are much like this too.

If you don't wanna see the movie fine, but don't bag it before you've seen it. The plot might be a bit political if you look into it too much but that's not the point - it's a movie not a political statement. The real point of this movie is the incredible CGI and 3D effects they've used to create one spectacular viewing experience and it really does take you to a whole new world where by the end of it you don't want to leave and you actually want to live on their world.

If you're too pigheaded to even bother seeing it then you have no right to comment i say.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 12:55 PM   #72
NickosBF2XRT

awesome movie!! spewing I didnt go and see it in 3D, I think I might go back and watch it in 3D, would be AMAZING!! but almost 3 hours...sheesh!! worth it tho, highly recommend it.
Old 13-01-2010, 01:54 PM   #73
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

I want to see it again. I found after a short while I got so used to the 3D I forgot I was wearing glasses. I would like to see it in IMAX, my boss said it was awesome.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #74
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At the IMAX in Sydney it was incredible. The screen is so immense you forget your watching a screen And it feels like your just watching the real world from a 3rd person view
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 12:24 AM   #75
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

For awhile I thought it wasn't that great, but the ending I did love.
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #76
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Todays paper said Sam Wothington has been contracted do to the sequeal.

Saw it in 3D last night, The affects were great, the storyline was a little bit predictable, but still good

Did I get my monies worth?

Yes I did, I was entertained for the whole movie and it did not feel like nearly. 3 hours

I don't care if the storyline was far fetched or unrealistic etc, I was entertained and that what matters.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #77
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter

I don't care if the storyline was far fetched or unrealistic etc, I was entertained and that what matters.
Yep thats the main thing.

I think people go a bit far though when they say that they couldnt tell the difference between the CGI and real.

I found out yesterday there have been reports of people becoming obsessed by this movie. Like wanting to commit suicide so they can go to the avatar world etc.
Its only a movie people.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #78
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

No way, you're kidding right?
Kamshaaft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #79
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

I've done some reading, and some small thinking - I wonder what a comparison would be like between those who are affected and those who saw Avatar in 3D? are the special effects having special affects?
Kamshaaft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #80
XR8GRL