Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 16-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #61
Glennz XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
I think reacting to tailgaters can be even more dangerous than just treating it like nothing is wrong. Slamming on the brakes, and other moves to vent frustration make the person being tailgated equally as guilty. You often hear people say "oh, I slam my brakes on, or deliberately go slow to ******** them off." That right there is dangerous.

I think Brazen has a point, too many people like to be the police on the road to try to prove their own self-worth or "manhood." Why be so reactive when people make mistakes or simply lack courtesy? Reacting to such people in a negative way. We all need to flash our headlights less, honk our horns less and just chill. And if someone doesn't indicate, let it go. I think road rage often starts with somebody thinking they were in the right, and the other person was in the wrong...and how dare they!!!!!!

And in regard to busses, I thought in most places, you have to let the busses pull out? You have to remember the bus drivers and truck drivers are car drivers, they are just at work. They are on a schedule, and driving something bigger, so it's not too hard for me to work around them.
I agree with you 100%, I wasn't saying that you should react to them, that's just as stupid and irresponsible as the person tailgating. I was just making the point that it's more to do with it being dangerous rather than a "challenge of their manhood".
Old 16-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #62
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

my pet hate is ****wits that dawdle down the road doing 20k's under the limit thinking theyre being safe
Old 16-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #63
xraptor11
Starter Motor

Exclamation

For me it's the people who stop before entering a roundabout then look for cars
and those that don't indicate when exiting causing the person giving way to them to almost stop which makes the whole point of a roundabout redundant.

Ican't believe only one other person has mentioned roundabouts.
Old 16-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #64
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraptor11
For me it's the people who stop before entering a roundabout then look for cars
and those that don't indicate when exiting causing the person giving way to them to almost stop which makes the whole point of a roundabout redundant.

Ican't believe only one other person has mentioned roundabouts.
Mine is the whole driver training system that produces such poor outcomes.

Steve
Old 16-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #65
GK351

pedal pushers.
Old 16-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #66
xr6fa

Angry

People who tail gate!!!!
Old 16-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #67
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
I think reacting to tailgaters can be even more dangerous than just treating it like nothing is wrong. Slamming on the brakes, and other moves to vent frustration make the person being tailgated equally as guilty. You often hear people say "oh, I slam my brakes on, or deliberately go slow to ******** them off." That right there is dangerous.

I think Brazen has a point, too many people like to be the police on the road to try to prove their own self-worth or "manhood." Why be so reactive when people make mistakes or simply lack courtesy? Reacting to such people in a negative way. We all need to flash our headlights less, honk our horns less and just chill. And if someone doesn't indicate, let it go. I think road rage often starts with somebody thinking they were in the right, and the other person was in the wrong...and how dare they!!!!!!

And in regard to busses, I thought in most places, you have to let the busses pull out? You have to remember the bus drivers and truck drivers are car drivers, they are just at work. They are on a schedule, and driving something bigger, so it's not too hard for me to work around them.
Exactly, having been in this posistion like many have, I have come to the realisation that people need to be more considerate (myself included) to other's on the road then just thinking that "they are allway's in the right".
Old 16-05-2010, 07:52 PM   #68
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I think people just in general should stop being in such a rush, if you need to be somewhere, leave early and take your time, is it worth speeding fines and annoying other people just to get to your destination 5 minutes earlier? Put on some good tunes, enjoy the ride, just don't do anything dangerous. Life is way too serious these days, everyone needs to calm down and be able to laugh at themselves.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 16-05-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 16-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #69
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Exactly, having been in this posistion like many have, I have come to the realisation that people need to be more considerate (myself included) to other's on the road then just thinking that "they are allway's in the right".
In addition to years of dumbing-down, 'reformist' government social policies inflicted on most of the western world these last 30-40 years, I also put much of today's exhibited on road behaviour down to the imposition of rural speed-limits for cars back in the 70's.

(And the inclusion of bicycle as a legitimate means of transport on freeway class roads).

Driving poorly or badly is all quite deliberate, one way or the other, it IS a national pastime.

Example; we know to indicate whatever, then often choose deliberately not too, for whatever reason, because *we know* it'll pee others off - and that is a victory in some perverse way.

Another example; I had a mate who'd delight in pulling out in front of faster closing freeway traffic; the d-wad would comment 'gee, messed him up' as he smiled with delight. Worked for a known truck co. Its all a game you see.

By comparison:-

Recently, a senior AUS federal MP visiting Germany noted "how unique it was to be doing 210km/h on the freeway and to still have cars flashing headlights a mile back - for him to prepare to be passed. Noted *no* road rage.

Australia has changed, and it is getting nastier by the year, politically and in life.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 16-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #70
stev3n

cars with only one headlight

cars withount brakelights

drivers who overtake me, then immediatley turn left, thinking my hilux work truck carrying one ton is able to pull up in the same distance as a 911 Porsche
Old 16-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #71
JimNiki
71Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennz XR8
Everyone else on the road, It's my road now get out of my way.

But seriously, people who don't use indicators, how hard is it to move stalk up and down.

Very hard if you drive a commodore cause your right hand is already busy moving "another" stork up and down...
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
Old 16-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #72
AUIII

people who turn right across double lines especially when you have to come to a complete stop and wait for them to make their ilegal turn.
Old 16-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #73
abo666
Starter Motor

In New Zealand it would be asian drivers.
Old 16-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #74
TheZHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by abo666
In New Zealand it would be asian drivers.
let me edit this quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by abo666
it would be asian drivers.
Old 16-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #75
AUIII

In Brisbane it seems to be everyone I have started to wonder if the rules have changes and you can turn right where ever and when ever you please.
Old 16-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #76
TheZHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

po0fters in beemers, mercs, audi etc that "own" the road
Old 16-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #77
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANI
po0fters in beemers, mercs, audi etc that "own" the road
Well we all know money can't buy common sense. The worst thing is most of them drive entry level models, and still think they "own" the road, because of the badge.
Old 16-05-2010, 09:18 PM   #78
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Everybody that uses the road, pretty much no one has any common courtesy or common sense anymore. To most it is a "all about me" attitude on the road.
Old 16-05-2010, 09:20 PM   #79
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

you only need to read this thread to realise the problem isn't on the road. it is everywhere. everyone thinks they are so perfect and the rest of the world are morons. no wonder the world is getting worse
Old 16-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #80
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
you only need to read this thread to realise the problem isn't on the road. it is everywhere. everyone thinks they are so perfect and the rest of the world are morons. no wonder the world is getting worse
Pretty much my point, just didn't want to call anybody a moron.

Most people care about themselves and it shows in day to day life, nobody cares for their fellow road users, co-workers or anybody else for that matter. No one is more important than the next person and I mean no-one.
Old 16-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #81
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

I don't think P platers, 90 year olds, Catholics and the Taliban have been mentioned yet ..... ? I think that now covers everyone?

edit* My apologies .... P platers were mentioned earlier.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 16-05-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Closed Thread