Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-11-2005, 05:20 PM   #61
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB

And VZTRT i would rather drive an AU than a vn/vp too, but i was corrosponding the years...hence i would rather drive a vp to an ea for example.
I guess I should have added I'd rather drive an EA. Sorry but I've seen too many bad experiances with VN's. Thank god I never got one.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #62
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you guys find, any bet there are Ford drivers also out there who do the same thing, but try push you so you can drag and all the rest of it? The reason why i didn't buy holden, was that i always came across guys that wanted to drag and just acted like absolute morons.

Do others on the forums find this to be the case also?

In my old ZL, i slammed on the brakes so i wouldn't go through a red light, and an idiotic commo driver (on his P's also) slammed up the rear of me because he had been tale gating me for how long trying to provoke me. He called a tow truck and i only needed a new undertray, rear bar and panel :.

Do others on the forums find this to be the case also?

Bill
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 05:43 PM   #63
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
I didnt say holden was all good....not trying to make a difference, just contributing as to what makes up your mind whether you like ford or holden...
Reread the thread title… being a Ford forum it asks So, what is it that you love about Ford? Not, why do you prefer Ford over holden? All you have effectively done now is created another baiting to make comparisons. What did you expect to happen? You have single handedly created ANOTHER comparison thread between Ford and Holden…. AGAIN.
Quote:
indifference and ignored is at best what ill get then maybe you should moderate the forums because last i checked it was not a ford only forum...
No, its not Ford only and if you ask around you will find I am a strong supporter for Holden supporters to be here… but it is Ford Forums and most of these Holden guys understand that starting “comparison” posts is both stupid and annoying. As of being ignored.. trust me, you are in a lot of cases but when it starts causing ripples that require mods to step in you lose that and start getting looked at closely.

Quote:
freedom of speech mate...
For the 10,000ths time… Free speech and “I’m being repressed” are the classic justifications used by trolls. Let me explain.. Free speech is nice but walking into a crowded shopping centre and then yelling “I GOT A BOMB, YOU ARE ALL GOING TO DIE” is not exercising free speech and using it as an excuse after you have caused a near riot and been shot is not going to cut it.
Same applies here.. free speech is great but when it causes disruption and aggression in here… then you lose the right.
Quote:
and i dont bite on anything, just slants that are personal attacks rather than educated attacks
caused by your constantly shoving holdens into EVERY SINGLE POST. Its called TROLLING, you may not think so but it is. Do I need to look back at every post you have made and start making a bloody list?

Quote:
And you should read my post again...i do praise fords ya know
I did.. and all I saw was a troll post starting another Ford Vs Holden battle. Something I’ve seen a lot of lately.
Quote:
and since when have i shoved anything in anyones face?
Shall I start a poll? “Does SSBUB shove Holdens in our face in almost every post?” What do you think the result would be? I can already tell you.

Quote:
noone has to respond to my posts, which buy the way are hardly 'holden is better than you'...its just opinions so troll or no, i care little
You have, in recent times, cause more troll/flame wars on Ford Vs Holden than any and all other posters on the site. Why? Because you are constantly shoving it in peoples faces. You seem intent on shoving your view on Fords v’s Holdens in every dam thread you post in. As for caring little.. that’s your choice. Personally I’m starting to care A LOT… and trust me, when I start to care so should you!

Quote:
Now if you think my posts are disruptive because im from the other side of the fence you better check yourself because i have never personally attacked anyone...i bring my experience and opinion and, believe it or not, look for suggestions should i ever own a ford (yes that could happen!!)....so before you point fingers, just try and locate what iv done wrong other than wearing red in a blue house
Yes, your posts are disruptive. You don’t have to personally attack someone to be disruptive. The definition of a Troll is not to personally attack anyone… it is to disrupt through controversy… something you are starting to excel at. I don’t need to check myself, the admins do that for me. I DO have to ensure this site is not degrading into something that is no longer of any use to anyone… such as constant Ford vs Holden battles. Trust me, I have good practice too.. just ask around about what happened when The GT vs T3 wars were on (both Fords.. note, this is not an anti holden issue, it is an any troll issue).

Just think before you post ok? Is this going to cause people to start an Ford vs Holden commentary? This is Ford Forums.. post, offer advise, learn, whatever. Just lay off the “but my holden……””my holden is…..””when holden did this…..” type comments.
Actually.. do yourself a favour, go one whole week without mentioning the word holden in any thread that is not specifically about them..ok?

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 06:23 PM   #64
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Exactly why are you even here? I'm still confused why you seem to want to constantly be the "holden fan" on here.

Well said! I too am not against commodore boys posting here, however, I'm not seeing the point in replying with how good a holden is in a "Why I like Fords thread." Doenst make sense.
Old 18-11-2005, 06:24 PM   #65
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Shall I start a poll? “Does SSBUB shove Holdens in our face in almost every post?” What do you think the result would be? I can already tell you.

Start the poll!!!! Please!
Old 18-11-2005, 07:13 PM   #66
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
My last 3 cars AU6, BA XR8, BF F6 All have been good cars with no issues, i hope the F6 gives the same service.....the 6 speed auto its fantastic..
Your a happy boy at the moment arn't you Mark!
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 07:31 PM   #67
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

The first Car I remember is Dad's Sky View Blue 250 3 on the Floor (tm) XB Falcon 500.

:Reverend:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 07:55 PM   #68
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Start the poll!!!! Please!
Yeah mate, and i troll and am evil and everything....yet comments like this are all fine?

I tell ya what casper....have a look at all the non-fords you have for your dyno day.....what does that tell you? You struggle to get others here because a lot here are so Ford Ford Ford, if you mention the H word your automatically shoving these down peoples throats apparently.
Your site would be much better if you could post Holden stuff as well as ford stuff....this is called the PUB...anything goes...i dont post in the Ford tech sort of areas because i respect its for Ford cars, fans whatever...but hey what do i know, im just a troll who drives a different badged car and talks about them IN THE PUB section of a forum
Oh and re-read my post, i praised the BA/BF

Start a Poll if you like, i think thats childish and expect more from a moderator...
And when you start to say i should care a lot because YOUR startnig to care...it sounds like that is a threat...i was looking forward to the dyno day here in Perth and meeting some people, but why should I when im threatened?
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 07:59 PM   #69
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

SSBUB, quit while you are ahead mate, you're digging yourself deeper.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 08:06 PM   #70
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

i just find it amusing that holden people are always banned yet the forums, in particular THE PUB - General auto chat - is preached by 'we dont mind holden people but....'

My sincere apoligies to the rest of you in going through this here, please continue with the thread of why you love fords, if i have problems i will PM the moderator. Thanks.
Old 18-11-2005, 09:06 PM   #71
oneredED
need more boost

To go back to the thread topic for just a second:

I like ford because I own one, and it was my first car. I orignally looked at holdens, but now having driven both holdens and fords, I prefer to drive a ford BECAUSE I love holden drivers hurling abuse at me. I like the underdog, and when in a holden, ford drivers generally leave you alone.

I am not brand loyal really, as I would buy a mint old HT for example if it came along, or a nice 4WD hilux, or even a Nissan 300ZX. Just because I drive the car I do currently, is the reason I am here. In general though, I don't think I'd ever buy a post-VH holden, but I do appreciate nice ones immensely. I mean heck, my step brother is building a VP Aero 355 showcar, and I'd love to own it :P
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 09:11 PM   #72
big_pete
Sublime

i think my dad has summed (sp?) it up best when he said:
"the reason you never see modified fords is because they dont need modifying"

i think that a factory Ford (especially the old ones) is so good straight from the factory, looks and performance.

although im not one to NOT modify a car, so i guess they are a good starting point if you look at it that way....
Old 18-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #73
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
i just find it amusing that holden people are always banned yet the forums, in particular THE PUB - General auto chat - is preached by 'we dont mind holden people but....'

My sincere apoligies to the rest of you in going through this here, please continue with the thread of why you love fords, if i have problems i will PM the moderator. Thanks.
Phew

I thought the thread read why i love Fords and Holdens for a moment then!

There is always a time and place, but do it the wrong spot and your going to gather a crowd!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 11:20 PM   #74
WASP
Whipple Induced

Why I liked Fords?
When I was very young I remember seeing the Moffat Ford Dealer 1 & 2 XC Cobras win Bathurst and never forgot it. Later on Mad Max sealed the deal along with my Dads XB Falcon 500. Ford was always the underdog where I grew up and I always found myself going against the masses. I went to a high school in Elizabeth SA next to the Holden plant and had one of only a few blue Ford jackets in a sea of red..lol

My first car was an XY Panel van and I've had 1 XR, 2 XY's, 3 XB's, 2 XD's, 1 XC, 1 EB, 1 AU, 2 BA's and 2 Lasers and 1 Focus since. I have bought 6 or so other manufacturer models with only the Supra RZ TT being something worth mentioning.

Last edited by WASP; 18-11-2005 at 11:28 PM.
WASP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2005, 11:24 PM   #75
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
Your a happy boy at the moment arn't you Mark!
its like Ford heaven.... :1syellow1

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2005, 12:52 AM   #76
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
SSBUB, quit while you are ahead mate, you're digging yourself deeper.
Good idea, give the holden stuff a rest mate, at least on threads like this.
I like the idea that FORD has been to some degree, 'the underdog', afterall it would be pretty boring if everyone loved holden wouldnt it?. I also dont believe the 'were more Australian' argument or have to wear (team red) supporters gear everyday just to show what a great deal it means to me either. I like FORDS and always have since dad bought a brand new XA when we were kids.
The areas where FORD seem to let me down such as: not advertising as much on TV, being unable to win Bathurst lately, slightly less horsepower or bragging rights at the dragstrip are more than compensated by:
delivering a good looking, technologically advanced and profitable product, 2 or 3 championships in a row instead of a race here or there and not just following its competitors but offering other power alternatives instead of the most litres.
Were back, Im proud to say.
Old 19-11-2005, 01:44 AM   #77
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoggs
lol how old are you dude?

I don't have `blue blood' running through my veins, but the Falcon suits many people's needs, including myself. Ford is a brand, not a cult, despite that company's essence usually given to the cars they make (eg refinement in BMW & Merc, Toyota for reliability, etc), and I'm not brand-loyal, although I have my favorites. A Falcon just suits my needs.
I do have my avoid-brands though. Like many of you though, I never liked Holden. In an extreme, there's something about Holden that just brings up images of a VL Commodore on the front lawn of a battered-up house, with a dozen kids being yelled at by an equally battered-up skinny woman in a Fox motocross jersey who swears like a trucker, stepping over beer cans and rusted trail bikes with grass growing out of them.

+ $0.02
So Bloggs , you' be talking about one of them up market holden families then ! And they arent rusted trail bikes , they are stolen and broken ! :

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2005, 02:40 AM   #78
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Quote:

As Laminge and Casper said - there is nothing wrong with talking about Holdens. You can say the Holden word all you like. There are plenty of threads relating to Holden. However, in a thread entitled "Why I love Fords" you told everyone why you love Holdens! Thats completely off-topic. Why not start your own thread entitle "Why I love Holdens" If you really want, I can do it for you!
Old 19-11-2005, 02:50 AM   #79
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
As Laminge and Casper said - there is nothing wrong with talking about Holdens. You can say the Holden word all you like. There are plenty of threads relating to Holden. However, in a thread entitled "Why I love Fords" you told everyone why you love Holdens! Thats completely off-topic. Why not start your own thread entitle "Why I love Holdens" If you really want, I can do it for you!
If a topic like that was ever kept opened there would be lucky to be 1 reply
Old 19-11-2005, 02:54 AM   #80
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Quote:
If a topic like that was ever kept opened there would be lucky to be 1 reply
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...016#post413016

We'll see.
Old 19-11-2005, 09:08 AM   #81
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I love my Falcon EB and also the other 2 wonderful Fords I have owned (ZG Failane and XD Falcon).

I owe my livlihood to FORD and I believe that by BUYING Ford we are being real Aussies. Most fo the Profit stays in Australia unlike that LION Brand that can send up to 90% of its profit HOME to America?

The Lion Brand closed a plant in Sydney years ago ( they were given that to start with and received 5 million Pounds to start the ball rolling).

Give me a FORD anyday
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2005, 11:34 AM   #82
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Originally i was brought up on all things chev/holden. My old man used to build hi-po chev/ford engines out of his garage for customers. He used to have a 550hp 350 chev shoehorned into an EH. The thing was off its tits. Ran a 10.7. Nicely done.

Then he decided to buy a 5spd ED sprint (which had been tickled to 300kw). Now this thing moved. He used to let me drive it on my L's and i fell in love with it Then when i got my P's i got some use out of the old ladies EF2 Fairmont Ghia when i could and also the sprint on the rare occasion. Id baby the ghia, clean it inside and out every week, the car still is immaculate hehe

Its funny how one car changed it all for me. Im not ignorant, ive driven HEAPS of different cars, but ill always prefer a Ford, it just seems closer to the heart..
MustangNicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2005, 01:31 PM   #83
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who here owns a GTHO or been in one? If so, are they as wild as people say they are?
I believe this is one of reasons why there are a lot of ford fans out there. The HO's, especially in my mind, is probably the best cars which rolled off the line in Australia. We need another HO, and for the GT to go back to its evil looking ways :the_finge.
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2005, 02:28 PM   #84
fatxagt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its The Vibe!!!!!!
fatxagt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2005, 02:48 PM   #85
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had sex with the ST's exhaust pipe twice...
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2005, 07:47 PM   #86
Drive XR7
American Muscle

Ford is huge in the states. I'd love to have a 92 Mustang 5.0 GT. They're cheap to work on and cheap to modify. Had a buddy with an 88 GT 5.0 that ran a 13.3 in the quarter mile with exhaust, drag radials, and a 6000rpm launch. Impressive.

Don't forget that there is still $$ from both Holden and Ford that goes back to the US.
Drive XR7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2005, 11:16 AM   #87
Paddyboy

when i was young and before i knew to much about cars and how they run, i was a ford man, just coz they were the underdog, especially in the 90's when we all know it that holden pretty much kicked ford *** in racing and sales, but i still loved fords, there was just something about them, then my dad had an awesome el fairmont v8 with a bodykit, and was dumped and loud, and then got a T3 TS50, i knew fords were starting to come back, fast forward 5 years and fords are better then ever and clearly rival holden.
so im looking forward to the next 10 years when ford continue to get better and better and show holden a thing or 2, just hope the ford supporters dont get to y about it.
theres my 2 bobs worth.
Old 20-11-2005, 11:38 AM   #88
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I classify it as a genetic disorder.
My old man & grandfather are blueoval fans from way back.

My sister was mutated into liking holdens :yeees:
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2005, 12:59 PM   #89
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Its 1975 im 28, sitting in traffic on parramatta rd granville syd, a car pulls out of a used car yard and goes belting up the road,next day i go into car yard to have a look if the car is for sale, it is, a rough as guts XT GT(gold) body rusty mech perfect. i buy this car first FORD i ever owned.never owned another brand since,that car as rough as it was spoiled me forever..GO THE FORDS......
Old 23-11-2005, 02:16 AM   #90
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

I remember riding in a taxi years ago thinking what a sweet comfortable ride it was. I started talking to the driver about his car and how come just about every taxi I see is a Ford. He told me that Fords just keep on going and going and going, they are easy to repair and don't rust if looked after. Hmm, I thought.. Ford hey..

A few years later I was looking for a used car. I test drove a 1997 Magna Sports, it was a nice car but getting a bit old. I test drove some Holdens too but the base model of the Commodores seemed too flimsy and spartan inside, I don't think they start to look good until you get to the Calias. But then I test drove an AUII and my memory returned to the taxi and I was thinking the Ford just handles so nicely, the interior was spacious, well designed and is so comfortable to drive. I brought it.

Alot of people don't like the AUI series, mainly I think because of the lights (front and rear) and the front grills (have to agree), but personally I think the AUII looks good. Had the AUII for two years, it NEVER once left me at the side of the road.

I only traded it in to get another Ford, this time a Black BAII XR6. I love it so much, sometimes I just like to sit back and look at at. It looks mean, it's got muscle when you need it and if you have to take your mum places in it, it purrs like a kitten and won't give her a heart attack, it's all in the way you drive it.

I am a Ford man through and through now.
I will keep the XR6 until one day (when I can afFORD it), I can get a XR6T.

GO FORD! FORD ROCKS:sm_headba
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post