Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 18-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #61
Redmund
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE72
Redmund, I really think you are using the wrong incident here to get your point accross.
This guy was clocked at 160 BEFORE the chase started. Complete fool.
I think the point you are trying to make is that perhaps some chases escalate for fear of the laws consequences.( That may be true sometimes, and may explain the increase in incidents)
In this case, the guy was a stain waiting to be washed down.
Lets be thankful he took no one else with him.
At least one person understood, but I truely believe my reasoning above will be behind many high speed chase and many deaths in the future.
Old 18-08-2009, 04:26 PM   #62
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon Turbo
ltd big call on the racial point
Sorry mate, Bankstown is 20 minutes from my house as is Punchbowl, Lakemba and a raft of other urban delights. Little bit of a vent there mate.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 18-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #63
Redmund
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Mate it's simple, back then people had a lot more respect for the law. Back then we also didn't have every Tom, Dick and Harry or in todays speak; Mahmoud, Habib and Wassim involved with firearms and/or drugs desperately trying to evade the law. This is why we didn't have as many chases as there are now. I'll put it this way, at 1:00pm last saturday in Westfield Parramatta's food court, in front of hundreds of customers a man was stabbed numerous times. Can you remember that kind of thing happening 20 years ago in broad daylight?
Respect for the law is a totally different issue and one I would happily digress to, but perhaps not now.

That could be a reason for chases and what not. I agree with you. But there are other reasons also which is what my posts have eluded to.

No I cannot remember things like that happening regularly 20 years ago, but it's hard to say that happened because the attacker had no respect for the law.
Old 18-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #64
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i feel sorry for ya mate move over to the hills district.. they havent made it over here yet
Old 18-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #65
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can vouch for the fact there were just as many 'chases'20/30 yrs ago,they just didn't get the publicity they do now.
Amazing thing technology, seems just about everyone has a scanner these days back then they didn't
Media, wonderful thing isnt it, anything for a headline.
Idiots on the road,to many cops and robbers tv shows with chases,young,ten foot tall and bullet proof.
I think you get my drift now time out,coppers have a dirty job and they don't like idiots killing themselves or others.

I'll give this thread hhmmm about 12hrs and out will come the 'Lockwood'.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 18-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #66
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmund
Respect for the law is a totally different issue and one I would happily digress to, but perhaps not now.

That could be a reason for chases and what not. I agree with you. But there are other reasons also which is what my posts have eluded to.

No I cannot remember things like that happening regularly 20 years ago, but it's hard to say that happened because the attacker had no respect for the law.
Mate, what I was getting at with the stabbing thing was a reflection of societies values and behaviour. 20 years ago most people would never entertain the thought of stabbing someone, now it is seen in some communities as a right of passage. Furthermore, police chases are also being used in the same way (as a right of passage). The reasons for these are varied but the most cause as identified by judges, prison officers and police has been the failed "softly, softly" approach to law and order.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 18-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #67
just_pazz
Ford Convert

ok I'm not here to say that that the cops suck or that guy is an idiot for making a stupid mistake in haste, but seriously redmund is not all that far from the truth.

Like it or not, too many young men the car and licence to drive it are by and large the most important things they possess in their lives and this can make people make stupid decisions in haste which can cost them a whole lot more.

I have got a "fictional" story of a young man who also made a stupid decision in haste, to run from the cops when they tried to pull him over. Said driver was unlicensed, with passengers in the car. Needless to say the police DID NOT call off the pursuit, despite this driver reaching speeds off the clock on several occasions, in the middle of the day with traffic everywhere, obviously severely risking his own life, his passengers and everyone else on the road. Pursued him with multiple units through a dozen suburbs, with the pursuit only ending with the driver losing the cops and hiding the car.

Fortunetly this story ended with no-one hurt, but I wonder what the coppers would have said if he had killed himself, or his mates or some poor innocent bystanders.

Anyway my point is I agree somewhat and I see where redmund is coming from.
Old 18-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #68
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
You all missed my point!

Why so up tight? Geez!
Take a pill and relax.
You made a stupid point, got called out for it now you're backpeddling...?

The moron sealed his own fate the min he realised the police had detected him, he wasnt going to back off till he was home or somewhere far away.... he'd certainly have no idea thes police called the chase off or others were ahead waiting for him..

Last edited by 4Vman; 18-08-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 18-08-2009, 06:15 PM   #69
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_pazz
ok I'm not here to say that that the cops suck or that guy is an idiot for making a stupid mistake in haste, but seriously redmund is not all that far from the truth.

Like it or not, too many young men the car and licence to drive it are by and large the most important things they possess in their lives and this can make people make stupid decisions in haste which can cost them a whole lot more.

I have got a "fictional" story of a young man who also made a stupid decision in haste, to run from the cops when they tried to pull him over. Said driver was unlicensed, with passengers in the car. Needless to say the police DID NOT call off the pursuit, despite this driver reaching speeds off the clock on several occasions, in the middle of the day with traffic everywhere, obviously severely risking his own life, his passengers and everyone else on the road. Pursued him with multiple units through a dozen suburbs, with the pursuit only ending with the driver losing the cops and hiding the car.

Fortunetly this story ended with no-one hurt, but I wonder what the coppers would have said if he had killed himself, or his mates or some poor innocent bystanders.

Anyway my point is I agree somewhat and I see where redmund is coming from.
Hold on, was that story fictional or fact?
Why didn't the passengers do something to stop the car or were they complicit in trying to evade the police?

Quote: