Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-09-2006, 12:32 PM   #61
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsFord06
I was talking about the exact same issue today and my ex said you can get performance LPG systems and he's seen performance cars at show n shines on gas, I said yeah avgas, but he swears LPG.
GAS RESEARCH make performance systems.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 11:28 PM   #62
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus
I agree with this. I mean, what's so special about leaving the suckers on petrol, if some other fuel is just as good, and lot cheaper.

As has been said, the money you save allows you to spend a lot more on other stuff. Like mods, insurance, or women.
It's generally not the type of fuel, but the way the conversion is executed. Quite often a cheap system is fitted & running issues arise then they come into us techs to get the car running right. You can't always make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2006, 06:28 AM   #63
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

my brother in law has a BA xr8 ute on gas, as he does around 1500km's p/w it's his work car wanted a v8 for the noise and power, it's also been custom tuned for the lpg and petrol and has more power with gas than when it's on petrol
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2006, 09:26 AM   #64
GT-P BOSS
True Australian V8 Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Genuine EL GT, on LPG. Hole punched in drivers side rear quarter for the filler. I left old mate a note telling him he sucks.
What a tool to do it to a EL GT
I think I would shed a tear if that happened to my baby :
GT-P BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post