Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-07-2015, 10:06 AM   #61
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 
Default Re: Superyob Tuesday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
This thread was originally created as lighthearted satire and not a place to vent your personal thoughts about other members.

Please keep it like that.

I'm sure that Superyob has other subjects in mind for any future treads.
Agreed, satire when done well can be amusing. We are all potential victims as portrayed in older threads some may not have seen.

Example: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=14134

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 24-07-2015 at 10:11 AM.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2015, 10:36 AM   #62
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Thread is useless without a dyno printout and cofirmation from V8SC of aero parity...dont bother responding unless you agree!
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2015, 11:48 AM   #63
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe View Post
Agreed, satire when done well can be amusing. We are all potential victims as portrayed in older threads some may not have seen.

Example: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=14134
Ahhh memories...
Old 24-07-2015, 11:58 AM   #64
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Ok 1tuffute, I did not want to do this but you leave me no choice! You are about to receive... (drum roll) a literacy lesson!!! Humour is mostly based on a power relationship whereby the subject (the target of the laughter) is subservient, or in a lesser position than the creator of the humour.

Laughter equals winning
(a) For every humorous situation, there is a winner
(b) For every humorous situation, there is a loser

If you have ever laughed at anything that involved the above relationship (99.99% of humour revolves around this) then you have played the game yourself...
I'll give you a tip bud...literacy is being able to read and write....

And imho there's a huge difference laughing with someone in a satire nature, then making them the laughing matter.....or laughing AT them.
Old 24-07-2015, 12:06 PM   #65
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

wow, this escalated quickly.....

I thought this was a humorous thread and now it's taken a massive turn into something so super serious.

8-O

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2015, 12:07 PM   #66
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People do roasts all the time, the point of a roast is to laugh at them!
Old 24-07-2015, 12:12 PM   #67
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post

And imho there's a huge difference laughing with someone in a satire nature, then making them the laughing matter.....or laughing AT them.
As far as tips go, here's one.

If you don't like a thread, don't read it.
Old 24-07-2015, 12:38 PM   #68
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
As far as tips go, here's one.

If you don't like a thread, don't read it.
Maybe if it was titled as 'take the p.i.s.s out of a forum member' ......I could then stay clear!

From the Forum TCs....

This is a moderated site, which means that there are a few simple rules in place to ensure that everyone is free to enjoy the community here without fear or favour.

Bullying of another member (defined as torment, threats, harassment, humiliation, embarrassment or otherwise targeting by another member) will not be tolerated. Any member engaging in this sort of behaviour will be removed from the forum without further recourse.

Just saying.....obviously you don't agree soo...continue!
Old 24-07-2015, 12:54 PM   #69
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Maybe if it was titled as 'take the p.i.s.s out of a forum member' ......I could then stay clear!

From the Forum TCs....

This is a moderated site, which means that there are a few simple rules in place to ensure that everyone is free to enjoy the community here without fear or favour.

Bullying of another member (defined as torment, threats, harassment, humiliation, embarrassment or otherwise targeting by another member) will not be tolerated. Any member engaging in this sort of behaviour will be removed from the forum without further recourse.

Seeing as you're so well versed in the T&C's ...
T&C 5. Posts containing attempts to avoid the language filter.

As I mentioned before if you don't like a thread don't read it and don't comment in it.

It's not that hard really.
Old 24-07-2015, 01:04 PM   #70
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:

From the Forum TCs....

I would agree if said forum member had stated that he was offended, however, in Superyobs first thread that said forum member actually posted laughing at himself stating something along the lines of mimicking is the best form of flattery. Sure, that forum may have sent a pm to someone stating that was offended, and if he has, well then maybe I would think differently.

Another thought may be that the forum member won't speak up about being bullied for fear of being ridiculed. However, this forum is THE MOST moderated forum that I am a member of (that is a compliment to the administrators and moderators), and based on that, if said forum member has/had expressed any concerns the moderators would have taken the necessary action.

Sorry to derail the thread.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2015, 01:47 PM   #71
superyob
Banned

Quote:

1tuffute, we could go around in circles here and get really wound up about nothing. The fact of the matter is that I have had an amicable discussion with Hulk_I6t, have not personally attacked him or called him names, but have seen fit to have fun with some of his posts. I have agreed to cease and desist yet you are still fighting the 'good' fight while standing on shaky ground it seems.

Well here is a joke you might enjoy:

I hope you enjoyed that one but I also hope you did not laugh AT anyone...
This user likes this post:
Old 24-07-2015, 02:06 PM   #72
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
1tuffute, we could go around in circles here and get really wound up about nothing. The fact of the matter is that I have had an amicable discussion with Hulk_I6t, have not personally attacked him or called him names, but have seen fit to have fun with some of his posts. I have agreed to cease and desist yet you are still fighting the 'good' fight while standing on shaky ground it seems.

Well here is a joke you might enjoy:

I hope you enjoyed that one but I also hope you did not laugh AT anyone...
Yes and I was happy with your original response. Examples in this thread alone have people calling his opinions bull****, calling him herpes and as mentioned laughing AT his expense. It's the thread as a whole, along with previous well known comments and opinions that all add up. I was expressing my distaste in a thread devoted at laughing at one person.

And sorry Gosolane.... But P.I.S.S was not a swear filter avoidance. It's an acronym meaning slang talk and chat against normal cultural tendencies. Passive Ignorance (forget) Strike.

I'm just responding to you, so feel free to continue
Old 24-07-2015, 03:11 PM   #73
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jeez this threads been ruined..
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
6 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2015, 03:33 PM   #74
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Doesn't take much, does it.............
This user likes this post:
Old 24-07-2015, 03:45 PM   #75
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Geebuz 1tuffute, you defended hulk many a time and you always said if you don't like what you are reading, just leave the thread, and let sleeping dogs lie, but you have just been going on and on in this thread.

Time to move on I think mate.

Keep up the great satirical work superyob, we know many a comment in here is said tongue in cheek and in gest.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2015, 04:12 PM   #76
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Parody.
Definition: an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.
Old 24-07-2015, 05:19 PM   #77
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Nuts.
Closed Thread