Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #61
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: VFacts June 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
May 2011 - 1330
Jun 2011 - 1850

May 2012 - 1000
Jun 2012 - 1400

In both years, a 40% lift at EOFY.
Ah, I see where you're going with this
But see what happened in July last year:

May 2012 - 1000
Jun 2012 - 1400
July 2011 – 1835

We can only hope that Falcon keeps jumping up..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #62
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Soo...next month 1800 sales, or 2000?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #63
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Soo...next month 1800 sales, or 2000?
Hold on I muffed that up, let's try again..

May 2011 - 1330
Jun 2011 - 1850
July 2011 – 1835 ( No apparent pull ahead in sales by Jun registrations)

May 2012 - 1000
Jun 2012 - 1400
Jul 2012....??????..........Will it be another 1400 month or go higher?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #64
The Snout

Falcon down 25% compared to same time last year. Ouch.
The Snout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #65
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snout
Falcon is down 450 but Territory is up 300
Old 03-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #66
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
In my opinion the Cruze in 1.4 turbo form is the better choice. The Focus isnt as good to drive as it used to be and the Cruze feels more substantial and solid on the road. Also the Aussie-assembled Cruze has much better build quality than the German built Focus,.
Errr, a korean kit car made in Elizabeth has better build quality than a German made focus ? are you sure about that ?
My sister bought a new Focus Titanium recently after looking at and test driving all its competitors including the cruze, and it was miles ahead of the rest in every possible way.
Her words not mine.
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #67
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snout
n a segment that contracted how much ?

If share of the market segment is up - that is good news for the car.
If the volumes are too low for profitability - that is bad news for the company.
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #68
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Geez, don't Australians have a love affair with " the ute "............
Old 04-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #69
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Hate to be a wet blanket but I don't see what is the good news. Falcon sales are down 450 on the same month in 2011. You can't compare month to month fluctuations. 1,400 sales per month equates to 17,000 per year which is no where near enough to save the Falcon.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #70
aualright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win
That's true but let's be realistic, most people opt for autos these days in just about everything, and all fleet Corollas are auto. Plus the Corolla is very popular in North America where 90% of cars on the road are automatic. With the huge budget they have to develop the Corolla, and the massive global market it's sold in, a 4 speed auto in 2012 is pathetic.

And what difference do concealed windscreen washers and LEDs make when the car rides like a horse drawn carriage and has deafening road noise?
Parents are in their late 60's and dad has had Falcons all his life. Now he has the previous model Fiesta so definitely prefers Ford.

Despite this, when looking for a car for mum they were both insulted in some way or another by the local Ford dealer's saleman.

Crossed the road to Toyota and were almost fawned over. Add 1 more Corolla sale thanks and Ford are poorer for it. Wouldn't surprise me if they go back, too.

aualright is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #71
BHDOGS
Banned

**** Toyota moving on excellent news for ford just thought I'd say it again to rub it in the haters faces I might say it again in this thread tomorrow to
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #72
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aualright
Parents are in their late 60's and dad has had Falcons all his life. Now he has the previous model Fiesta so definitely prefers Ford.

Despite this, when looking for a car for mum they were both insulted in some way or another by the local Ford dealer's saleman.

Crossed the road to Toyota and were almost fawned over. Add 1 more Corolla sale thanks and Ford are poorer for it. Wouldn't surprise me if they go back, too.

Off topic, but what exactly was the insult exchange all about? People rarely insult people deliberately for no reason. Misunderstanding? what was the insult?
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #73
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
Hate to be a wet blanket but I don't see what is the good news. Falcon sales are down 450 on the same month in 2011. You can't compare month to month fluctuations. 1,400 sales per month equates to 17,000 per year which is no where near enough to save the Falcon.

you can't compare month to month but you can compare it to 12 months ago, even though the large car segment is trending downwards. yeah, i can see how that makes sense.

as for saving falcon, ford will still have local operations this time next year and beyond. people have been touting the death of falcon for years and its still here. maybe we'll revisit this thread in the future and see who is right.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #74
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
as for saving falcon, ford will still have local operations this time next year and beyond. people have been touting the death of falcon for years and its still here. maybe we'll revisit this thread in the future and see who is right.
Ford will stll be building Falcons in 2013, 2014 and 2015. 2016 and beyond is looking very unlikely.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #75
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Ford will stll be building Falcons in 2013, 2014 and 2015. 2016 and beyond is looking very unlikely.
Imo ford would have to have bloodshed before it dies. For now we have been told until 2016 is good..can we just except that for now? No one here knows the tipping point so until then conjecure means very little.

Great results for ford, down on last years..sure...but everyone is generally struggling and ford is yet to ramp up advertising for the falcon.

You need to start a fight back somewhere.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #76
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Really looking forward on being able to get Focus from Thailand, if we can get enough supply from the all Ford factory plant we will have a real shot at Mazda3. Waiting time will be shorter, I can spec change until the last minute as well.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #77
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wouldnt that be great if FBT was removed from Aussie made vehicles - probably sell a 1000 Territories a week!
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #78
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Wouldnt that be great if FBT was removed from Aussie made vehicles - probably sell a 1000 Territories a week!
Still cant believe it happens...the gov could "maybe" save cash but not co-investing all the time as there could be more sales.

How much does LCT (that the same as FBT?) effect the average Falcon/Tez?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #79
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It depends what happens in that time, China also has large car needs like our own.....
Old 04-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #80
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
It depends what happens in that time, China also has large car needs like our own.....
I think even in Asia there is a massive market for sedans like the G6E Ecoboost. The amount of top of the range Accords, Maximas and Sonatas in Malaysia is insane, size over there is a big sign of status, and Falcon is a big car. With the 2.0l motor should have minimal road tax too.

Grab a MKII G6E Ecoboost, call it a Falcon Titanium, replace the position lamps with DRLS, use the series 1 - 17 inch G6E wheels instead of the 18 inch series 2 wheels and you will have something that will rival the 2.4 Camry V.

I think they could sell a couple of thousand a year in Malaysia alone.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #81
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aualright

I find this a strange way to buy a car- i do understand that some sales people approach is super annoying , i prefer them to say nothing or very little ( my last sales person was great , he pretty much stayed quiet for most of our intraction) -
but i do my research and know precisely what i want down to colour and every option and rough price.
If one sales person treats me with disrespect i 'll walk but i will buy the car i intended to buy off someone else in the same dealership or elswhere.
Buying a different make and model because of bad salesperson is rather silly - you ll never see that sales person again but you ll be driving your car every day...
For some reason focus seems to be on receiving a vip treatment instead of getting the car you want and getting a good deal on it.
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #82
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Still cant believe it happens...the gov could "maybe" save cash but not co-investing all the time as there could be more sales.

How much does LCT (that the same as FBT?) effect the average Falcon/Tez?
Once you reach a certain threshold, any part of the retail price over that level is subject to the tax,
the slight lift means that more Territorys and Falcons now sit below it..I think G6ET is still above.

Shame it's so broad brushed, a more sophisticated tax would be better, perhaps one where GST
rises progressively from 10% to 25% depending on price bracket and fuel economy achieved.
I gather some changes have been made to allow for the latter but the tax itself is quite clumsy and ham fisted.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #83
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Imo ford would have to have bloodshed before it dies. For now we have been told until 2016 is good..can we just except that for now? No one here knows the tipping point so until then conjecure means very little.

Great results for ford, down on last years..sure...but everyone is generally struggling and ford is yet to ramp up advertising for the falcon.

You need to start a fight back somewhere.
The tipping point is about now if FoA are to start design work on an 8th generation Falcon. It is difficult for FoA to ask Dearborn to approve funding a new program when sedan volumes are less than 20K per year. Does not take rocket science to work that out.

Having just been made redundant after 19 years in the Australian automotive manufacturing industry, I can tell you from my personal experience that things are very crook at the moment.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #84
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The tipping point is about now if FoA are to start design work on an 8th generation Falcon. It is difficult for FoA to ask Dearborn to approve funding a new program when sedan volumes are less than 20K per year. Does not take rocket science to work that out.
We already know that any next gen Falcon will most likely share with Mustang development and that
Ford has both "Global" and "Sustaining" platforms so it depends whether Dearborn allows Falcon to
take shelter under the Mustang's protected "wing", Dearborn is not eager to throw Falcon away...
Old 04-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #85
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Dearborn is not eager to throw Falcon away...
I hope you are right but dealing with FoA don't give me much confidence. Not many engineers working on E8 projects atm. FoA's main focus at the moment is the 2015 U375/P375.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #86
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I hope you are right but dealing with FoA don't give me much confidence. Not many engineers working on E8 projects atm. FoA's main focus at the moment is the 2015 U375/P375.
I'll throw a "hypothetical" at you,
Let's say that the 2014 car has a few more changes to it than Ford is letting on (not new platform btw)
and that the changes are enough to keep E8 fresh through to 2018/19 with a running change somewhere in 2016.
Depending on timing and how the update presented, the 2014 car may or may not have to meet Euro 5 and it may
give Ford time to the cut off in 2016 to decide on engines and how they want to play Falcon.

We also shouldn't forget what a major role in sustainability Territory is now playing, will its sales continue to climb?
Old 04-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #87
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.caradvice.com.au/180313/c...inners-losers/

Hyundai third highest seller for the month!!!.

Might not be too long before Holden is kicked of the podium for monthly and Yearly sales!
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #88
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

So you mean to say that after 87 posts this is when the real data has been added - FFS

Thanks for the linky
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda

Hyundai third highest seller for the month!!!.

Might not be too long before Holden is kicked of the podium for monthly and Yearly sales!

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #89
KIWI-1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Everyone is struggling?
"With total sales up 10.4 per cent so far this year, the Australian automotive industry is on track for a record sales year, with the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries reporting a seasonally adjusted average rate of 1.079 million sales for 2012."
KIWI-1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #90
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
So you mean to say that after 87 posts this is when the real data has been added - FFS
A lot of the information is sold by FCAI so not that much straight up in the public domain.

If you wait a bit, Russell will have his well tabulated results and links to Technical resources.
I find them to be of immense use when seeing the whole picture where sales are across segments.

More here http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257A3000200903

CX-5 up to 1900 sales, I doubt anyone will miss the slow selling CX-7

Last edited by jpd80; 04-07-2012 at 02:51 PM.