Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #61
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Talking Re: So CRYHSV wasnt such a crowd pleaser at todays Street Commodore Cruise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Technically rice is an acronym for Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.

I.E modding a car for a lot of show and no go. For example adding spoilers, bodykits but ignoring the engine and other things that increase performance
Old 21-08-2011, 11:37 PM   #62
RAPID_BA
Banned

Default Re: So CRYHSV wasnt such a crowd pleaser at todays Street Commodore Cruise...

Id like to retract my comment about LOLFPV, its a nice VL and it adds to the healthy rivallry.
Old 21-08-2011, 11:39 PM   #63
RAPID_BA
Banned

Default Re: So CRYHSV wasnt such a crowd pleaser at todays Street Commodore Cruise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Yes they can, as can anyone else. Some people might say that about a BA aswell.
Is the focus awd?
Old 22-08-2011, 12:27 AM   #64
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now it makes sence about all those holden drivers on the M4.....

To be perfectly honest just from the glimpse i got on the M4 i would not want to attend that event...
Old 22-08-2011, 12:42 AM   #65
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Didnt miss out on much Mick.
Old 22-08-2011, 12:46 AM   #66
ray38l

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Just for the record, a lot of Americans consider the XR and SS body kits on our Falcons and Commodores far too much like "Ricers".
really? Who exactly says this? Everything i have heard from the Americans is that our designs are to conservative.
Old 22-08-2011, 01:03 AM   #67
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

CRYHSV, my Mrs said she saw LOLFPV(she liked the plate) on saturday with a whole bunch of other Commodores getting around Richmond, like they were on a Poker Run or some sort of Observation Rally. Did they say much about what they were up to yesterday ?
Obviously this has been a two day event for them.
Old 22-08-2011, 01:18 AM   #68
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyyyy
Now it makes sence about all those holden drivers on the M4.....

To be perfectly honest just from the glimpse i got on the M4 i would not want to attend that event...
They were in Bunnings Michinbury carpark as well.
Old 22-08-2011, 02:28 AM   #69
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Just for the record, a lot of Americans consider the XR and SS body kits on our Falcons and Commodores far too much like "Ricers".

This is from the country that brought us spinners....and actually bought them.
Old 22-08-2011, 02:34 AM   #70
munkky
turbo mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR09
please - it would be exactly the same if it were the other way round - what did you really expext?!?
there was a holden at the boosted falcon cruze and ive seen numeras jap cars at aff meets and a worm welcom was given to them boys.
PS love your work cryhsv my mate coped the same thing with his 1300 13b rota down here at a holden cruz.

i think if you put a chev badge on it they would of thought it was one of them hehehe

2008 FG G6E TURBO
AND YES IT HAS A LSD
ORSM F.C.
Old 22-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #71
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYHSV
Didnt miss out on much Mick.
Yeh i cant imagine i did bud

I think the Holden brand seems to attract a SPECIAL crowd compared to Ford but having said that, ford has abit of them but no way as much........
Old 22-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #72
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
Is the focus awd?
Wtf has that got to do with anything?
You missed my point, you said can a VL owner cant throw stones ie implying that VL's are rubbish and the owners cannot comment as they own a VL. Same rule applies to any car yours and mine included as yeah we might like em but I'll bet someone doesnt
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 22-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #73
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went to last years Cruise for Charity - started from Homebush. I have to agree with your thoughts on the mentality - as I drove into the car park in my ED XR6 I copped the same sort of comments but after I met peoples passengers who were Ford fans - brightened up my day haha

Its a free-for-all to join cruise and its for chairty, some douches just take the Commodore bit too seriously
Old 22-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #74
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

We have covered VL's, Honda, Mazda, Toyota, ricers, etc.

Now what do we do about it?

Join in the Ford Forums Xmas Charity Toy Cruise for the Salvo's, will be held in every State in Australia on Dec 11, Details for QLD, S.A & W.A coming soon.
Register your interest in Vic Here:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339900
And NSW here:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339857

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread