Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #61
jonk

I've got 2 next door neighbours, one at the back, one at the side. Both have drum kits. Kid at the back does the drumming in the tin shed. The one on the side stopped after who knows rang the police heaps of times.

Problem is, years ago when the fence was replaced, the next door drummer's control freak, decided not to have aforesaid fence extended past her carport. It's an open space. So, the cops would everytime, come over to our place, knock on the door thinking we'd complained. The control freak thinks we did, even after we said we didn't.

Drumkits are far worse than parties.
jonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2009, 12:59 PM   #62
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
If that was me i'd be developing a taste for cruisers and whatever crap music p plater girls listen too these days but maybe i'm just a sick bastard.
HAHAHA no i'm in the same boat with you there
Old 17-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #63
Selwonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk
I've got 2 next door neighbours, one at the back, one at the side. Both have drum kits. Kid at the back does the drumming in the tin shed. The one on the side stopped after who knows rang the police heaps of times.

Problem is, years ago when the fence was replaced, the next door drummer's control freak, decided not to have aforesaid fence extended past her carport. It's an open space. So, the cops would everytime, come over to our place, knock on the door thinking we'd complained. The control freak thinks we did, even after we said we didn't.

Drumkits are far worse than parties.
oh yeah i've seen heaps of drunken teenage drumkits trashing gardens and vandalising other peoples stuff,they also have no respect for authority figures either.are u serious? grow a brain idiot.
92 eb 2 i6 extractors 3''inch exhaust hi flo cat,xh tickford snorkel,t5 heavy duty clutch, 3.45 lsd ,dobinson s/lows, 16''roh milanos,DBA slotted rotors,in dash dvd flip out 7'',roof mount,front splits,12 carbon dvc sub,800w monoblock,h/d cabling and gold accessories,el ghia leather seats,au centre console,el door trims,custom number plates.
Selwonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #64
jonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selwonk
oh yeah i've seen heaps of drunken teenage drumkits trashing gardens and vandalising other peoples stuff,they also have no respect for authority figures either.are u serious? grow a brain idiot.
Yes brains.

The drunks are the one's who trash the front yard/letterbox every so often from the pub that's open till 4am on South Road (about 200 metres away). So, it still stands. I'm use to the drunks.
jonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #65
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah you can do something.

Few years back a stereotypical stupid old couple complained regarding our band practise.

4pm-6pm every Wednesday only for 2 months we barely played loud with 50watt amps 1/4 cranked. The council sent some big suit over with a decibel meter.

Of course we just dampened the drums and turned down, I doubt we would've been past the limit anyway we could talk over the damn instruments and the loudest thing was an acoustic drum kit.

At my house our neighbours (old couple again) complained about us playing basketball and that the ball hitting the pavement was too loud. They always have their windows open "because they like their fresh air". Of course in that situation they can't do anything.

You need to discuss it with him and work out a fair plan so both parties can live their lifestyle. It's not reasonable for him to be swearing blurting music all the time. It's also not reasonable to expect him to shut his parties down.
If he lived there before you expect a typical bogan lecture.

If you call selling drugs winning the lotto then yeah.

If he refuses then you get the law in.

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 19-02-2009 at 01:46 AM.
ILLaViTaR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 02:09 AM   #66
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

once our neighbours called us up at 4:30am to kindly let us know that our dog was barking. mind you our dog never ever barks unless someones letting off firecrackers or someones out the front being loud in the middle of the night, hes never a disturbance so i really doubt he was barking for no reason.
i was so ****ed off i stopped speaking to them for a very long time... until the guy opened up a panel beating shop
now i always say hi and greet him kindly
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 04:26 AM   #67
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR

Few years back a stereotypical stupid old couple complained regarding our band practise.

4pm-6pm every Wednesday only for 2 months we barely played loud with 50watt amps 1/4 cranked. The council sent some big suit over with a decibel meter.

Of course we just dampened the drums and turned down, I doubt we would've been past the limit anyway we could talk over the damn instruments and the loudest thing was an acoustic drum kit.

At my house our neighbours (old couple again) complained about us playing basketball and that the ball hitting the pavement was too loud. They always have their windows open "because they like their fresh air". Of course in that situation they can't do anything.

You need to discuss it with him and work out a fair plan so both parties can live their lifestyle. It's not reasonable for him to be swearing blurting music all the time. It's also not reasonable to expect him to shut his parties down.

There's nothing worse than a 81oody basketball being bounced onto concrete next door every second in a very quiet street when you have a thumping migraine :

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showth...71#post6891271

2006 Lightning Strike BF Fairlane Ghia...HIS

2024 Titan Grey Hyundai Tucson Highlander...HERS
Linz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 05:12 AM   #68
FPV0137

Quote:
Originally Posted by xy500
i guess perth is a more peaceful place than townsville then, i've never heard of that happening before
HAH you would think so
ive had someone try to run me over because i asked them to try and keep it down at 3 am
i had to be at work for 6:P
and NEVER approach the gangster wannabes
almost always on some sort of drugs and get very violent when asked to do something they dont like
i found that out the hard way aswell
i just told the to get off the bonnet of my car
and then there was the guy that was actually going through my car
the bastard was trying to hotwire it
THE CAR WAS IN THE BACKYARD!!!!
all of them these gangster wannabes with the hats backwards wearing the wife beaters and listening to their yip yip gangster music

Last edited by FPV0137; 19-02-2009 at 05:19 AM.
FPV0137 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #69
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stattic
once our neighbours called us up at 4:30am to kindly let us know that our dog was barking. mind you our dog never ever barks unless someones letting off firecrackers or someones out the front being loud in the middle of the night, hes never a disturbance so i really doubt he was barking for no reason.
i was so ****ed off i stopped speaking to them for a very long time... until the guy opened up a panel beating shop
now i always say hi and greet him kindly
OH your one of those people,"my dog never barks" type, ive listened to many a neigbor who has dogs just like you, yeah every time a leaf drops "bark bark bark"when you go out "bark non stop till you return" then nice and quiet till you hop back in your car.
Do you think your neighbor realy cares that your dog only barks when something disturbs it,like a another dog barking two miles away in next suburb, or at a cat next door?
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #70
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Angry

Jeez this thread is really developing.

Started with a party noise and it was pretty objective but didn't the drums and dogs bring out the tensions!

It really has touched a few nerves (which I can understand)

Anyone got a Grand Torino in the shed?

And a 45?

It would be easier wouldn't it than actually informing/consulting the neighbours BEFORE you intend to make some unusual noise.
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 05:26 PM   #71
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Let's not over-engineer the issue here. As mentioned above, if you're going to have a party then fine, but maybe a bit of warning to your neighbours before the event via a note in the letterbox etc is a good idea. Basic good manners.

However, constant noise, loud music etc during weeknights and/or every weekend is little more than blatant disregard for others. It reflects a "can't give a stuff" attitude that seems to have gained some good traction over the years.

As a sidenote to this issue, the practice of placing stereo speakers outside so all and sundry can hear them doesn't exactly help, not to mention the interesting science of why some people seem to talk at roughly 110 decibels, even when outside with only a couple of mates. It actually has me quite intrigued.......why every sentence must be shouted in a booming voice despite the fact that the perpetrators are barely 1.5 metres apart around the BBQ. And the use of the "f" and the "c" bomb every second word, requiring approximately 12 minutes for a single sentence to be said by the time the appropriate allocation of swearing is inserted. Its got me stumped.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #72
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR

110% agree with you. You summed it up well!

EDIT: I want to add. People have views on things and ideas on things. There is no reason to name call and put somebody down for their own theories or ideologies. I have experienced it my self, and I have witnessed countless times this happening to others.

Please keep the name calling option turned: OFF

And if you have a valid argument, idea, theory, question, comment, ECT, regarding somebody else's post or topic, then provide it without the hurting and bashing.

I hope this has come across clearly.

Last edited by AUIIForte; 19-02-2009 at 08:01 PM.
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #73
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munroman
...... actually informing/consulting the neighbours BEFORE you intend to make some unusual noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
.......if you're going to have a party then fine, but maybe a bit of warning to your neighbours before the event via a note in the letterbox etc is a good idea. Basic good manners.

However, constant noise, loud music etc during weeknights and/or every weekend is little more than blatant disregard for others. It reflects a "can't give a stuff" attitude that seems to have gained some good traction over the years.

As a sidenote to this issue, the practice of placing stereo speakers outside so all and sundry can hear them doesn't exactly help, not to mention the interesting science of why some people seem to talk at roughly 110 decibels, even when outside with only a couple of mates. It actually has me quite intrigued.......why every sentence must be shouted in a booming voice despite the fact that the perpetrators are barely 1.5 metres apart around the BBQ. And the use of the "f" and the "c" bomb every second word, requiring approximately 12 minutes for a single sentence to be said by the time the appropriate allocation of swearing is inserted. Its got me stumped.
Spot on
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #74
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate call crimestoppers say you think they are taking drugs I know someone who had an unemployed bloke(drug dealer) living next to him who would party from 4 in the afternoon till 4 in the morning every night of the week all the druggos and losers would come . Speakers in the backyard swearing etc the police raided him 3 times in two weeks on the 3rd ocasion he had a heart attack and passed away he was 26 years old .
They have made it uncomfortable for you make it uncomfortable for them have you got a community police beat go see them or go to the local station they are probably driving under the influence as well.

I actually had a dog that would only bark when someone or something was around never barked at postman etc he started barking one night I went outside and a few of the neighbous where outside they thought there must have been a prowler because the dog doesnt usually bark there was a big possum in our yard
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #75
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFORDNUT
OH your one of those people,"my dog never barks" type, ive listened to many a neigbor who has dogs just like you, yeah every time a leaf drops "bark bark bark"when you go out "bark non stop till you return" then nice and quiet till you hop back in your car.
Do you think your neighbor realy cares that your dog only barks when something disturbs it,like a another dog barking two miles away in next suburb, or at a cat next door?

mate thats absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for, my dog does bark and he shuts up on his own accord. maybe you can stay with my neighbours for a few months and count how many times he wakes you up at night? mate i live at my god damn house i would know. just get real, you dont know me or my dog so go whinge about something important
Old 20-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #76
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
mate thats absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for, my dog does bark and he shuts up on his own accord. maybe you can stay with my neighbours for a few months and count how many times he wakes you up at night? mate i live at my god damn house i would know. just get real, you dont know me or my dog so go whinge about something important
i have a dog too and have always had at least one and i know they will bark when someone's around especially at night,
my dog and others over the years have aways been good watch dogs but there are some who will bark at anything day and night and will drive even other dog owners to ring the council especially if they bark at every person going for an early morning walk from 5am onwards,
my dogs only bark at someone entering the driveway or yard,It only takes a bit of training when they are a pup.
Maybe your dog is like mine but there is a hell of a lot that drive neighbours mad.
Old 20-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #77
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My neighbours over the back have a Maltese Terrier and a Silky Terrier .... when they first moved in the dogs never stop yapping .... day or night!

Both this bloke and his missus would go out to work all day and leave the dogs in the backyard and they never stopped, hour upon hour ... yap yap yap yap yap!

The biggest shock for us was when they carried on all night as well ... bear in mind these neighbours were home asleep at the time .... how they slept I'll never know?, we and everyone else I'm sure within a 5 mile radius couldn't get any sleep at all!

Well this went on for a couple of days when they first moved in until I went round and nearly knocked his door down at 2.00am one morning and had to "educate him!"

He was fast asleep, didn't know what all the fuss was about? ... what noise he said? ... my dogs don't bark that much, only when someone goes past "blah blah blah" .... all the usual excuses rubbish dog owners make.

In a way I actually felt sorry for the dogs as they never ever went for a walk, that backyard was their world, they were just completely stir crazy.

Good ending though ... these idiot neighbours sold their house last week .... thank god!

Probably didn't like the neighbours .. LOL
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #78
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
My neighbours over the back have a Maltese Terrier and a Silky Terrier .... when they first moved in the dogs never stop yapping .... day or night!

Both this bloke and his missus would go out to work all day and leave the dogs in the backyard and they never stopped, hour upon hour ... yap yap yap yap yap!

The biggest shock for us was when they carried on all night as well ... bear in mind these neighbours were home asleep at the time .... how they slept I'll never know?, we and everyone else I'm sure within a 5 mile radius couldn't get any sleep at all!

Well this went on for a couple of days when they first moved in until I went round and nearly knocked his door down at 2.00am one morning and had to "educate him!"

He was fast asleep, didn't know what all the fuss was about? ... what noise he said? ... my dogs don't bark that much, only when someone goes past "blah blah blah" .... all the usual excuses rubbish dog owners make.

In a way I actually felt sorry for the dogs as they never ever went for a walk, that backyard was their world, they were just completely stir crazy.

Good ending though ... these idiot neighbours sold their house last week .... thank god!

Probably didn't like the neighbours .. LOL
Those small fluffy dogs are the worst for noise cant see waht purpose they serve apart from company for an old person.
Ive had neighbours before who dont look after their dogs .
Next door neighbour had 2 beautiful labradors they used to cry and bark when they were out ,they never got taken for walks .When they were upset I used to give them bones , feed them through the fence and talk to them this worked well.
Stopped doing it once I realised the dogs were barking at the back door of their house called the dogs over and then saw the neighbours had been watching tv and ignoring the dogs sitting about 4 metres from them.
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #79
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heh Static, your rite ,i dont know you and your comment about sucking up to neighbour you were rude to when you found out he owned a panel shop, speaks volumes
Old 21-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #80
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFORDNUT
Heh Static, your rite ,i dont know you and your comment about sucking up to neighbour you were rude to when you found out he owned a panel shop, speaks volumes

mate its an exaggeration, hes really not a bad bloke and so far he hasnt done any work for me (he will soon) but i actually installed and supplied his air conditioner at a very cheap price so it goes both ways
look, if you reply to this post with another such comment, im going to ignore it because no one else here wants to listen to our back and forth and quite frankly im sick of it because its for no purpose other than you trying to ruffle someones feathers
if ive offended you somehow then i had no intention to do so, lets all calm down and be friendly
Old 21-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #81
satria
FOXWHO

i just bought my first house with my mrs only 9 months ago so i've been trying to be real nice to all my neighbours... one day i come home and a section of my back garden was being crushed by some (huge) branches that fell from a neighbours tree that hangs over my fence. I didn't get upset so i moved the branches to the back corner of my garden hidden from view by one of my large-ish trees and bushes. The previous owner of the house created a REALLY nice backyard/garden setup so i've been maintaining it and it looks great.

A couple weeks later and the same thing happened and now my garden definitely was crushed... I could hear the neighbour on the other side of the fence so i decided to jump on top of my wheelie bin and say hi. I was polite and mentioned his tree keeps crushing my garden so let's come to a solution to fix this because if i'm away (i work in the mines) my mrs can't move the branches and my garden will die.

Now, he has the nerve to say for me to call the council and get a free skip bin and dispose of them that way...they are his trees!!! i actually have the right to have his tree lopped to my fence line if i wanted but i was just trying to be polite. So i said no i will throw all of these branches back on his side and he even suggested I chop them into smaller pieces for him lol!!! I agreed to chop them up for him with no intention of doing so...

I got my brother-in-law to help throw them back over his side all in huge pieces haha

If it happens again i'm getting his tree lopped. Serves him right for giving me lip while i was trying to be polite!!!
satria is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2009, 01:32 AM   #82
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
mate its an exaggeration, hes really not a bad bloke and so far he hasnt done any work for me (he will soon) but i actually installed and supplied his air conditioner at a very cheap price so it goes both ways
look, if you reply to this post with another such comment, im going to ignore it because no one else here wants to listen to our back and forth and quite frankly im sick of it because its for no purpose other than you trying to ruffle someones feathers
if ive offended you somehow then i had no intention to do so, lets all calm down and be friendly
no worries, it was my sarcastic sence of humour the first post ,i got a bit angry about your reply,to what i thought was a funny aussie stir,.
cheer up ,i am sorry for being sarcastic.
cheers Nick
Old 22-02-2009, 02:07 AM   #83
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got people about 4-5 houses away with their crappy indian music cranked up loud from their backyard again. I did a drive by to establish where it was coming from, went home and called the cops. While on the phone, walked out into the yard and they could hear it down the phone and agreed it was way too loud and they'll put the job through. These people are literally 5 houses from me and I can't get to sleep from the noise, so it's not a case of being a touch too loud and me being a little too sensitive. It just shows they have no consideration for others. I've been to parties where the music is kept at a good level - then people can converse without yelling and the neighbours don't lose sleep.

Now it seems either they've had enough or that the police have responded within 15 mins and shut them down.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2009, 06:39 PM   #84
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

The police respond in 15mins?? i dont think so!, are you sure the power didn't go out lol!!
Old 22-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #85
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
The police respond in 15mins?? i dont think so!, are you sure the power didn't go out lol!!
I don't know about your area, but in mine, the Police ring the offenders first. If the call doesn't work, then they go to the offending house, and ask them to turn the music down. I've been to parties when this has happened.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #86
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

in my area the police turn up pretty quick...
not everybodys local police are busy 24 hours a day with hoodlums and other junk so can respond quickly
Old 23-02-2009, 12:49 AM   #87
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wouldn't even be 1km from Dandenong station - which is a police hotspot and probably 3 mins drive from the cop shop at 1am. Maybe they already had a job nearby.

I wasn't able to give an exact address of the offending household, but gave a good estimate - so they would have needed to drive by and use their ears to find it. These people tend to shut it off around 11-12 normally, but I reckon they turned it up at about 12 this time. It has happened on multiple occasions and I'm not interested in putting up with it and waiting for them to do the right thing any more. Didn't help I had a splitting headache last night - so that prompted me to take action this time. We'll see what effect it has on their future behaviour.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 03:15 AM   #88
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The worse I've had. Well, when I was turning 13 the stupid kid across the road decides its a good idea to tease the out of his step dads two german shepards. We could hear him all afternoon throwing at the fence near them. Being the little head he is, basically the neighbourhood trouble maker.. he sees my Mum in the front yard with our, I dare say 10kg Aussie Terrier on a chain.. lets the two dogs out. My Mum had to witness and try to fight off two ****ed off German shepards as they ripped about our dog. Within 15 mins, he was at the Vets, put down as they was nothing really left on him.

Great 13th Birthday. Awesome.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2009, 04:47 AM   #89
vaughany
Starter Motor

My place is lovely to

Me and the missus have only been here for about a year and the cops might as well park up and wait for the fun, here is what has happened in 12months.

1) I was comming home one day cops every where because some guy have broke a restraining order and tried to bust up his missus, she got taken away in an ambo

2) Young aboriginal kid getting bashed by his foster mum, cops called kid taken away

3) A BABY, like crawling non talking infant was in our front garden having a great time pulling weeds lol, cops called and kid was from three houses down other side of road,then the mom had a go at my missus for calling the cops.

So if your only concern is loud music mate, I would be counting my blessings
vaughany is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 08:06 AM   #90
Streetvision
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughany
3) A BABY, like crawling non talking infant was in our front garden having a great time pulling weeds lol, cops called and kid was from three houses down other side of road,then the mom had a go at my missus for calling the cops.
I had to read that twice. i guess it's lucky that it all ended well, as i can see many ways that situation could of been so much worse.
Streetvision is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post