Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #61
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Default Re: What is SIDI Direct Injection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuRT12
You are severely misguided. I am a Holden man, but i am not bias and i know were to put credit were it is deserved. i currrently drive a VE SIDI SV6 and am considering buying an 5.0L GS later this year.

I'll think you'll find that there are only a few one eyed ****** (on both sides of the fence) that love to make a lot of noise.

From reading your above posts you appear to be one.
Oh the hypocrisy.
Good to see some holden guys on here. Provides another perspective on things in particular holden cars which its easy to abuse amongst ford fans when alot of guys (myself included) haven't even driven them.

I think engine wise there is no doubt that SIDI has been a big improvement (more on some models than others) over what holden had before. So if you upgrading from a previous VE (or a pre-FG falcon) than you will get fuel burn savings most likely that are noticeable, which is great. The 3.6 SIDI is also no slouch so another plus.

The problem for me is that the rest of the package is not as good as the FG based on what i've found driving them, what others have told me and critical reviews. In addition, the 3.0 SIDI has struggled to beat 6sp auto falcon's by enough of a margin to justify its lower performance. Unlike the 3.6SIDI that gives great punch (if more revy than the I6) the 3.0 needs to be beaten a fair bit harder based on my understanding. The now infamous drive.com.au bathurst fuel economy test was evidence of that.

It is this latter reason my sig calles it 'successful in decieving individuals'. The gain in fuel efficiency and performance may have been there versus previous base VE powerplants but it aint there versus many competitors. I think the EB 2.0I4t falcon will rip the 3.0 SIDI a new one in just about every way imagineable. I see recent reveiws of the updated captiva say the newly fitted 3.0 SIDI engine is pretty average in that car too. DI isn't a saviour for poor engine design...and the alloytec (3.0 size especially) is now a long way from world's best. The fact a 3.7 non-DI duratec V6 matches or exceeds it in just about every measurment is proof of that at least, let alone fact it struggles to beat the venerable 4.0L I6....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Old 04-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #62
stevz
Banned

Default Re: What is SIDI Direct Imjection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcman0o7
Sorry guy's i knew what SIDI direct injection was i just wanted to see how many of you would think it was a bit stupid and made it sound better.
And right here is proof of how much of an immature moron you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter

Mods and OP. My apologies for my abrubtness. Comments that people like this member make are pure childish and shouldn't be accepted on the forum, regardless of it beng a Ford based forum.
Errr, why are you apologising to the OP, he is the OP!
Old 04-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #63
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think most people here are forgetting that the SIDI has enough punch for average joe and the difference between Fords I6 and Holdens V6 is really not much at all these days..very similar economy and power. Works in Holdens favour as a 4L Inline 6 sounds old tech and very thirsty therefore won't even get a look in..hopefully EBI4T is the saving grace..unlikely given the stigma attached to 4cyls in large family cars...
Old 04-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #64
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the technology for this was deleloped by Mercury Marine for GM years ago
Old 05-04-2011, 05:51 AM   #65
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
You're one of these one eyed nitwits that need to get your head upright, instead of it pointing down wards.

Fact is, all makes (and that's not limited to just Fords and Holdens) have their good points and their bad ones. It's just people like you that can't be bothered finding out where the good points are.

So I'd suggest you keep your smart alex comments to yourself and grow up. You're acting like a school kid with your carry on.

Mods and OP. My apologies for my abrubtness. Comments that people like this member make are pure childish and shouldn't be accepted on the forum, regardless of it beng a Ford based forum.
Oh sooky sooky...Why apologise? it's a FORUM. Where we all have our opinions. That was mine.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:52 AM   #66
Falcman0o7
Banned

So i must be due for another ban then? It seems the going thing for expressing yourself on here.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:04 AM   #67
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Whenever people say EBI4 twin turbo, I think of a 1992 falcon with an inline four twin turbo engine.
LOL, off topic but still it made me chuckle.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #68
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredByCNG
In actual fact, DI engines emit higher levels of NOx than port injected engines. This is because AFRs tend to be leaner, reducing the efficiency of the TWC.
problem is actually two fold, lean burn engines emit more NOx and twc's dont work too well in reducing nox with excess Ox(lean burn) in the stream. It would be better to write,

"reducing the effectivenss of the twc in reducing NOx", the "efficiency" of the twc remains unchanged.

regardless, we'd have to assume that the have been able to meet emission regs with this engine, your point is that they need more/expensive equipment bolted on the exhaust to do that?
Old 05-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #69
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz

Errr, why are you apologising to the OP, he is the OP!

Oops made a slight mistake. So I'll correct it. Sorry to the mods for my abruptness.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 05-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #70
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Oh sooky sooky...Why apologise? it's a FORUM. Where we all have our opinions. That was mine.

True it's your opinion, all be it an opinion that school kids play out. So it really shows how immature you really are.

Me apologising. It's for the abruptness, rather than for your immaturity. Your immaturity is something only you can sort out.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 05-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #71
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
True it's your opinion, all be it an opinion that school kids play out. So it really shows how immature you really are.

Me apologising. It's for the abruptness, rather than for your immaturity. Your immaturity is something only you can sort out.
Immature? your to SQUARE. How old are you? 80...
Old 05-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #72
Falcman0o7
Banned

Sorry to all members. I forgot to be a simple simon that must think and have an opinion like the rest.
I'm not one eyed i was simply stating a fact that 90% of commodore fans are bogans that see fords as sh*# yet know nothing about them.
Go join them ya knob jocky.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #73
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Sorry to all members. I forgot to be a simple simon that must think and have an opinion like the rest.
I'm not one eyed i was simply stating a fact that 90% of commodore fans are bogans that see fords as sh*# yet know nothing about them.
Go join them ya knob jocky.
Pigs behind you're not one eyed. 90% of your previous posts are mindless anti-Holden drivel.
Just because it's a Ford forum doesn't mean we can't appreciate other brands.
Seriously, grow up. I've seen more intelligence from pre-school children.
Closed Thread