Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #61
fords35to75
No plastic bumpers

Default Re: Ford Capped Service - Worthless

To those who say that capped price servicing is just a gimmick regardless of which manufacturer, I would say you are off the mark The Toyota model of $130 capped on passenger scars covers all services to 3 years / 60,000 and includes whatever the book says - priro to this the 40,000 / 45,000 depending on the model was $450 - $500 so where's the gimmick here? The initial oute of $ 255 for a 15,000 service and $450 for a 45,000 quoted by Charles wif XF makes fixed price servicing sound dodgy for sure but don't judge all fixed price servicing on the whims of one manufacturer. Yep - I've only got FORDS as toys.
'65 Galaxie Convertible (390)
'75 XB John Goss Special
Old 20-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #62
THE CADBURY KID

It wouldnt be any different to mitsubishi capped price servicing which is a big load of horse poop,yet another trick to get the punters in the door.
Youll be going to automasters before you know it
Old 20-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #63
EF
Formerly gt.4.me

I am a first year I get 7.50
Old 20-09-2011, 11:44 PM   #64
v8falconsrule
Blue ~oval~ Blooded!!!

i have a question...how many unhappy keyboard warriors have come on here lately to have a sook about "xyz dealer doing this or that??"

now of those same people, how many have scrapped together enough cognative thought and actually phoned or sent an e-mail to the dealer or even ford themselves.....not many i'll wager!

instead of whinging and moaning be pro-active, nothing will ever improve if the customer can't or won't provide honest and constructive feedback. I often do service follow up calls at work, and while we all like to hear about the good things we do, as part of improving my departments quality assurance i really NEED to hear about what we aren't doing well at!

50th Anniv G6E Turbo in Sensation
Cobalt blue 94 ED XR8 Sprint- resto/ project

Last edited by flappist; 21-09-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: tch tch.....swear filter Ivan
Old 21-09-2011, 12:12 AM   #65
BigAlsFGXR6

Wink Re: Ford Capped Service - Worthless

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8falconsrule
i have a question...how many unhappy keyboard warriors have come on here lately to have a sook about "xyz dealer doing this or that??"

now of those same people, how many have scrapped together enough cognative thought and actually phoned or sent an e-mail to the dealer or even ford themselves.....not many i'll wager!

instead of b!t*hing and moaning be pro-active, nothing will ever improve if the customer can't or won't provide honest and constructive feedback. I often do service follow up calls at work, and while we all like to hear about the good things we do, as part of improving my departments quality assurance i really NEED to hear about what we aren't doing well at!
I pinged my dealer for spraying silicon all thru my engine bay! LoL
I keep my engine bay so clean I could eat off it, and they spray that rubbish on it, and it goes EVERYWHERE... Even discolored my engine block
Old 21-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #66
BigAlsFGXR6

^^^ I think someone needs a hug
Come here buddy ....'better? LoL
Old 21-09-2011, 12:25 AM   #67
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlsFGXR6
^^^ I think someone needs a hug
Come here buddy ....'better? LoL
you asked.. you got... now give me a hug.....
Old 21-09-2011, 01:17 AM   #68
hawker

Capped service is good, you know that's all it's going to cost unless you ask for more or if they find something (which they have to tell you about anyway - before they start work!)... It gives people a quick peace of mind that they're not going to find out the service they were expecting for $150 is now $500, which I'm sure many people have had happen to them.

This thread does seem to focus on the big bad Ford dealers service. Let's just remember you'll always find good and bad places, even local garages are not perfect. I've been burnt by people at the local servo, and at dealers. I've also had awesome service from both... Buyer beware, if you don't like the price or what they're doing, shop around! No ones saying you have to use them for a service... You have the right to request the info regarding the service, and most places will happily tell you what they'll be doing and what they'll supply, in terms of oil, filters etc.

As for warranty work, I don't work for Ford, however I used to work at an Apple repairer. I just want to bring something up that has been raised in this thread. We don't pay for warranty work, but the dealer get money. Just be careful, they might not be getting a lot. Sure they might charge us say $80 an hour, that doesn't mean they're turning around and charging Ford the same $80. A lot of the time, warranty work actually cost our Apple repair agent money... A lot of the more complicated warranty jobs would take us 2-3 hours to fix, yet the max we could claim from Apple was $50 (they did review this from time to time, and some cases it was increased, but only after hassling them, which cost us more money). That's right, they supplied the part, shipped it to us, and we got $50 for 3 hours work..................

Someone who works for Ford might be able to give more info about this, I could be wrong, but Ford wouldn't be making money if they paid out every dealer the full hourly rate and hours worked. Sure sounds shonky, but they have to make money.
Old 21-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #69
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I never knew there was such a vast difference in servicing costs. I suppose because my daily at the moment is a Toyota and everytime it goes in for a service, they give me a price upfront and if anything else needs doing, they call me first.

I always get a detailed invoice with what was done as well as what needs to have an eye kept on in the future...I must be leading a very sheltered life as I thought that was how it worked for every car servicing place and if it's not, then it should be!
Old 21-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #70
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

UPDATE:

So I picked up the car from Service at ALTO FORD yesterday and turns out my invoice is $298 ! (instead of the $255 capped price)

So I asked the dealer WTF, I did not ask for any extras … he’s response was oh its GST, went what???

Anyways I was on the phone with them and they are looking into it …
Old 21-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #71
GT-E

Charging GST on an advertised price is illegal, unless it was clearly stated on their advertising. ALL RRP's need to have GST included as it is a retail price.
Old 21-09-2011, 10:20 AM   #72
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know, and the Ford website definitely includes GST … I called them to work out why I got over charged, I will post the answer.

I also noticed my fuel gauge was a bit lower than when I dropped it off … but I know they all go for a thrash about … its normal I guess.

In any case, I cannot possibly recommend them to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-E
Charging GST on an advertised price is illegal, unless it was clearly stated on their advertising. ALL RRP's need to have GST included as it is a retail price.
Old 21-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #73
HUNTER8

Can't be GST because that would make it $255 plus $25-50 so $280-50 not $298.
Old 21-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #74
purnong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Right, so even though the FG turbo motors have oil specs as full synthetic in the owners manual
Can you point out where it say's that, Mine just say's 15w40 no mention of synthetic at all
Old 21-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #75
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100
I also noticed my fuel gauge was a bit lower than when I dropped it off … but I know they all go for a thrash about … its normal I guess.

In any case, I cannot possibly recommend them to anyone.
Could be a case of you get what you give? Going on your first post, you were out to be an **** right from the start, you wanted a fixed price service, but wanted all extras that aren't even part of the factory handbook service, & despite what you claim, wouldn't have been done elsewhere unless you asked, & even then they would've been charged for over & above a standard basic minor service.

I regularly go to Alto Ford for a service & can't fault their work, they are a bit dearer than a smaller workshop, but do a good job & they're all nice guys (polite & helpful). I know their road test course & there's never usually more than 5km more on the oddo, when I pick it up than when I left it there & know the apprentices aren't allowed to drive customer cars. The team leader or service manager takes the FPV's for the road test, so it's highly unlikely to be thrashed about. Unless they're really, really busy or I need the car back urgently, they usually wash it for me too when it gets a service. I know not all dealers are the same, I've had a car damaged by another Ford dealer, but can't recommend Alto Ford more highly.
Old 21-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #76
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like you have the usual bad tradie attitude … if you don’t like the customer then it’s OK to F them over.

Well let me tell you what … it’s NOT … if you do not like the customer or you think they are being too difficult on you then you HAVE the right to refuse them service. As a business it’s your choice to provide service or not, should you chose to provide the service to the customer, then do the right thing by them and don’t F them over just cause you don’t like them …

At the end of the day they overcharged me by $43 dollars - $298 instead of $255, after a few phone calls they said they charged me for stuff that was supposed to be free but anyways …

While they might be ok compared to other factory dealers, I had much better experience being serviced by smaller workshops prior, and better value for money too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobramania
Could be a case of you get what you give? Going on your first post, you were out to be an **** right from the start, you wanted a fixed price service, but wanted all extras that aren't even part of the factory handbook service, & despite what you claim, wouldn't have been done elsewhere unless you asked, & even then they would've been charged for over & above a standard basic minor service.
Old 21-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #77
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:

At the end of the day they overcharged me by $43 dollars - $298 instead of $255, after a few phone calls they said they charged me for stuff that was supposed to be free but anyways …
So what did the $43 consist of that was supposed to be free?

The conditions of the fixed price are pretty specific.

Sounds to me like you've set them upto paint them in a bad light regardless...
Old 21-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #78
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
you say you were overcharged on a capped price service, but now mention it was for extra work you wanted carried out.......... how convienent to leave those details out in the first place

go buy a euro, theyre built better, and cost triple for every bloody part
Old 21-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #79
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The $43 was a computer glitch ... I did not ask for any extra servicing to be performed, period, and NO extra servicing was performed of any kind.

In any case now I have to wait for the $43 refund …

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGC63
So what did the $43 consist of that was supposed to be free?

The conditions of the fixed price are pretty specific.

Sounds to me like you've set them upto paint them in a bad light regardless...
Old 21-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #80
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No extra work was carried out! I was only enquiring about the cost of the extra work ... the $43 was a computer glitch ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont
you say you were overcharged on a capped price service, but now mention it was for extra work you wanted carried out.......... how convienent to leave those details out in the first place

go buy a euro, theyre built better, and cost triple for every bloody part
Old 21-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #81
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

If you were not happy with the invoice, why did you pay them for it then? Surely it could have been sorted out on the spot if it was a computer glitch??
Old 21-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #82
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was picking up the car at 5:30pm closing time, all guys were leaving home, I did not want to stay and get stuck in evening traffic getting home trying to sort this out … anyways the $43 dollars is not a big deal, but in my personal opinion it does not make customer service look good, or maybe that is my expectations are a bit too high … really everyone has their own opinion.
Old 21-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #83
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Quote:
Sounds like you have the usual bad tradie attitude … if you don’t like the customer then it’s OK to F them over.

Well let me tell you what … it’s NOT … if you do not like the customer or you think they are being too difficult on you then you HAVE the right to refuse them service. As a business it’s your choice to provide service or not, should you chose to provide the service to the customer, then do the right thing by them and don’t F them over just cause you don’t like them …

While they might be ok compared to other factory dealers, I had much better experience being serviced by smaller workshops prior, and better value for money too.
Maybe I do, but doesn't matter where you go, being nice gets you much further than not being nice, if you want to be a *****, why should I be nice & fall all over you? The customer isn't always right, (most of the time they are never right, so I'm not sure how that saying came into being), also why is it alright for you (or a customer) to F over a business, but not the other way around?

Your invoice would've been fully listed & priced out, exactly what did they charge you for that was supposed to be free? Why didn't you stay & sort it out when you picked up the car, as I said it's all listed out, the service manager could've sorted it out on the spot.

I'm no idiot, I wouldn't waste my time & money to drive 165k's each way, to get a car serviced at Alto Ford if they didn't do a good job & I didn't think it was worth it, especially when I have a good mate who's a mechanic & owns an UltraTune workshop 10 mins drive away. He services my other cars, but not the FPV.

If you're happier going to a smaller workshop, that's great, I'm sure they'll be happy to have you back, & if Alto are as bad as you say, I'm sure they won't care.
Old 21-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #84
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love not getting the whole story. I also see some deleted posts.. Presumably aimed at me? Lol.
67 SS Nova Coupe. Iron AES 398 LS. T56. 2x 72mm T-netics BB. TCI Pro Touring F&R Clip. Streetfighter Project. 1200hp
73 Z28 RS Camaro. 6.0 LS. Coilovers. 18x9 / 18x10.
Old 21-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #85
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
The $43 was a computer glitch ... I did not ask for any extra servicing to be performed, period, and NO extra servicing was performed of any kind.

In any case now I have to wait for the $43 refund …
Ok, so an error on their behalf, they admitted it, you'll get a refund and at the end of the day the service cost you $255... So where's the problem?
Old 21-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #86
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why do you think there is a problem??? My car was serviced as per the Ford Fixed Pricing servicing arrangement … small invoice issue but it’s not a biggie …

All I was saying is that smaller privately operated workshops offer better value for money and more professional service in my experience at servicing a Falcon (it was a BF but same thing) …

I’m gonna see if I can find my previous invoice but the smaller privately owned workshop I used before did the following extras that the Ford service did not cover:
  • Used premium full synthetic oil.
  • Changed the Air filter
  • Did a full shock absorber test with a printed report.
  • Did a basic emissions test with a printed report.
  • Rotated my tyres.
  • Tightened up some bolt underneath the car to spec.

All up for about $300 or so … if I was gonna ask all that from Ford it would be 500 – 600 based on their synthetic oil quote alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGC63
Ok, so an error on their behalf, they admitted it, you'll get a refund and at the end of the day the service cost you $255... So where's the problem?
Old 21-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #87
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Lmao at requirement for shock absorber test!
Old 21-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #88
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Why do you think there is a problem??? My car was serviced as per the Ford Fixed Pricing servicing arrangement … small invoice issue but it’s not a biggie …

All I was saying is that smaller privately operated workshops offer better value for money and more professional service in my experience at servicing a Falcon (it was a BF but same thing) …

I’m gonna see if I can find my previous invoice but the smaller privately owned workshop I used before did the following extras that the Ford service did not cover:
  • Used premium full synthetic oil.
  • Changed the Air filter
  • Did a full shock absorber test with a printed report.
  • Did a basic emissions test with a printed report.
  • Rotated my tyres.
  • Tightened up some bolt underneath the car to spec.

All up for about $300 or so … if I was gonna ask all that from Ford it would be 500 – 600 based on their synthetic oil quote alone.
I think a little realism wouldn't go amiss.
First service on a naturally aspirated FG Falcon does not require:-
Full Synthetic oil
Air filter replacement
Shock absorber or emissions test

I am sure they hooked-in the Ford dianostic system and ran an ECU and PCM test, uploaded any PCM updates and most importantly of all, you get a Ford dealer stamp in your log book, (which I am sorry you can debate till the cows come home but this is ALWAYS more valuable than any other brand of stamp when it comes time to resale) and ALSO removes any doubt whatsoever regarding your eligability for future warranty.

So you're completly covered for future warranty work, your re-sale is maintained to the maximum possible extent and the oil they used is perfectly fine for a naturally aspirated FG AND the capped price gave you assurance of exactly what it would cost you up front, which is all you should of paid, if you're silly enough to have paid more regardless of when you picked it up then, you can probably count yourself as fortunate they're refunding it back to you.

When you look at the situation from a realistic and overall perspective, IMO you got fair value for money, sure no bargain, but then again you wouldn't realstically expect that from a Ford dealer would you and lets face it, you knew the cost up front and chose to take it there.

Last edited by Rodge; 21-09-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 21-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #89
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge
I think a little realism wouldn't go amiss.
First service on a naturally aspirated FG Falcon does not require:-
Full Synthetic oil
Air filter replacement
Shock absorber or emissions test

I am sure they hooked-in the Ford dianostic system and ran an ECU and PCM test, uploaded any PCM updates and most importantly of all, you get a Ford dealer stamp in your log book, (which I am sorry you can debate till the cows come home but this is ALWAYS more valuable than any other brand of stamp when it comes time to resale) and ALSO removes any doubt whatsoever regarding your eligability for future warranty.

So you're completly covered for future warranty work, your re-sale is maintained to the maximum possible extent and the oil they used is perfectly fine for a naturally aspirated FG AND the capped price gave you assurance of exactly what it would cost you up front, which is all you should of paid, if you're silly enough to have paid more regardless of when you picked it up then, you can probably count yourself as fortunate they're refunding it back to you.

When you look at the situation from a realistic and overall perspective, IMO you got fair value for money, sure no bargain, but then again you wouldn't realstically expect that from a Ford dealer would you and lets face it, you knew the cost up front and chose to take it there.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 21-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #90
sexyxe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just go get it serviced at the other shop. Doesn't sound like anyone is going to sway your opinion no matter how much advice is placed before you.

Might save Ford the hassle of dealing with such a nit picky person.
Closed Thread