Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-04-2010, 04:23 PM   #61
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Good dose of hair spray gets 'em.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2010, 05:22 PM   #62
IH8HSV
XR6T 400kw(well one day!)

You could use a Mortein bomb... But it would take weeks to to get the smell out.

I suggest using this:

Should get rid of him, and any eggs too.
Old 22-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #63
Futura_2nv

snakes eat spiders...... get a nice green tree snake... they arn't poisonous and they could go anywhere the spider could and b4 u know it bye bye mr creepy thing with big hairy legs n fangs n eyes n just creepiness. and at the same time you'll have a mascot for your car :P and you'll have ur very own super snake :P
Futura_2nv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #64
saam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

do huntsman like xa's or something, a few months ago i was going to a friends house with the missus in the car, whilst stopped at the lights i see these large legs crawl across the front guard and see its a hunstman... I know it was a huntsman becasue i killed 2 already the week before in the driveway, they were making a home for themselves under the balcony
This one must have dropped onto my car. I tell you my missus made me ask my friend for a can of morteen so i could spray the crap out of the car. I havent seen it since, but im always on the lookout now......
saam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 12:58 AM   #65
Gladio

That last picture is scarey... I cant stand spiders and that just made me wish i didnt open this thred lol!
Gladio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 02:33 AM   #66
Halfmo Rocks
Bearded Hermit

i see one & can't hit it with size 12 i pull the entire interior out until i find it. i can tentatively search for a spider while pulling out the dashboard without peeing my pants completely, but one popping out in surprise i freak right out like the arachnophobe i am.

i find one coming out from engine bay & across windscreen every few months, never encountered one inside car when driving though...well once.

i once had a huntsman fall through my open window & land in my lap. happened to be driving under tress...which always creeps me out now - but it was fortunate there was no other cars around at the time, as my right foot stayed on panic stricken autopilot accelerator duties...while my arms flailed wildly trying to smack the bugger - i actually spun the car & ended up cracking a rim on hitting the gutter.

and didn't find the spider until i was parking at work A FULL 3 DAYS LATER...it crawled out from under the body somewhere as i got to work. fortunately the crazy phobia fuelled attack made sure the driver's side needed a clean of spider remains
Halfmo Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 09:24 AM   #67
GHO57
Frequent Fryer Card

I had a red belly snake as a pet, found a baby one in my back yard. Bloody cute little things, very gently and kind to play with. Didnt bite me once. I let it go after a few months was getting a bit big for my tank. I have tried to spray mortein around the door edges etc: under seats. They usually come out. Good Luck.

Or you could chuck a small python in there?they cant harm you if there still fairly small. But aside, dont fight fire with fire i spose:P.
GHO57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #68
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Use a bug Bomb!, can only get them for houses/caravans but that didn't stop me putting one in my 4wd!, worked a treat, aint seen any bugs or spiders in weeks!

OMFG!, that pic with the one with its babies is scary as hell!, im paranoid now!! :
Old 23-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #69
Futura_2nv

seeing them pics on the previous page sent shivers down my spine n gave me goose bumps, to think the majority of them lil spiders will grow as big as mummy spider.
when i kill one of the buggers i always get a thought that crosses my mind i hope i dnt tick off the spider high council or something and they send an elite trained spider hit squad to deal with me LOL

and they say that in a life time we'll swallow 8 spiders in our sleep, hense why i tape my mouth up at night... well i dnt really but it makes me want to lol
Old 23-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #70
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I live in a big shed up in the bush so get a nightly dose of spiders. I use Hortico surface spray which seems to knock them over quick. 5L for $15 at Bunnings. I've also found that if I light a mozzie coil inside hunstmans will drop down from the roof on a single thread. Not sure if they're dying or trying to escape. Maybe light a mozzie coil in your car and smoke him out.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #71
Phyber
BF= Backend's Farked

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrules
had one of these under the tarp, size of my hand

used to have that as my avatar here! great pic hahaha. Was titled "how to save toilet paper"

Have had huntsmans crawl around on the car before, not mine luckily. Was on an old Porsche 924 owned by my ex's mother...she wouldn't hop in until we found and squished it, was hilarious!

-------------------------------------------
BFII XR6T - ZF box
Racewars 2017 result - 800m @ 229km/h - 1000m @ 241km/h
PB: 317rwkw - 11.94 @ 120mph - 2.093 60'
PB: Stock/208rwkw - 13.594 @ 105mph - 2.297 60'
-------------------------------------------
Phyber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #72
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyber
That's the one that was behind the clock I posted back on the previous page.
Old 23-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #73
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Apparently huntsmans are more feared than there smaller more dangerous cousins due to the way there legs are angled forward, gives them a very aggressive stance ,therefore scaring the bejebus outta people like us!

That and they run upside down on the ceiling! that really freaks me out! :
Old 23-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #74
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

the size and epic speed is what gets me every time, knowing that in a few seconds they could be on the other side of the room

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
xbrules is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 06:16 PM   #75
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

TUF 302

Did the bugbomb damage ur interior in anyway???
Old 23-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #76
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyyyy
TUF 302

Did the bugbomb damage ur interior in anyway???
if it is still in the car, go for a drive and when finished open the boot. it will probably be sitting under the boot lid, beside the rubber. it will be seeking shelter from the 60-100kph winds that a moving vehicle is subjected to
it will probably not be inside, because there will be a very limited food source inside. however a quick spray of mortein or similar will be enough. they are not super spiders. a breath of the fly spray will kill them. spray for a couple of seconds around the car - from front to back, make sure to limit directly hitting your interior
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #77
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Excuse from taking over from TUF 302, but used one for the back garden shed last weekend - they emit a spray that hit the top of the shed, approximately 2.5 metres in height with a reasonable amount of force.

With the one I used, if put in a car would likely leave a rather large stain on the roof lining and would most likely drip over seats, consoles etc - definately get spidey though.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #78
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just leave him alone... and he'll leave you alone........... hahahaha...
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 09:00 PM   #79
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

God, i've never had a spider in my car but i'll be terrified to get in my car in the morning after reading this thread lol.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #80
My32Doors

Go to the chemist/essential oil type places and buy lemon oil. Grab a soft clean brush (shaving) a few drops on the brush and get into corners--no spiders at all --lasts well
My32Doors is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #81
goodie308
Starter Motor

Sell the car!!
goodie308 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #82
Futura_2nv

just think if mozzies were bigger than birds back in the dino age.... how big were spiders lol
Old 23-04-2010, 10:50 PM   #83
XC GXL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This thing came out onto my windscreen at about 04:00 in the morning during the summer while I had the window down. Those electric winows don't go up very fast scared the $41t ot of me.

I managed to get rid of it in the morning after I woke up. God they can run fast.

Wayne

XC GXL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2010, 02:34 AM   #84
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Apparently they can cover 100 meters in 4 seconds
Old 24-04-2010, 06:04 AM   #85
barra265t
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyyyy
Apparently they can cover 100 meters in 4 seconds
: 16 second quarter mile? Isnt that about as quick as an EF/EL falcon down the quarter?
barra265t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #86
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

I have a German Shephard pup I can lend you. He loves chasing spiders. Likes chewing to................He'll get rid of the spider for you but you might have some holes in your seats as well...............
Old 24-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #87
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Try the doors in the garage open trick, works every time and also gets the buggers like that one under the guard there.

Quote: