Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 13-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #31
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

TAFE will be considered later on, but not at the moment...
Old 13-03-2007, 11:14 AM   #32
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
No it's definitely only Universities, no Tafe's in the list..
Well I did say I could be wrong :
I only looked at the list long enough to find Monash Uni, clicked it and continued
Old 13-03-2007, 07:06 PM   #33
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it will work for tafe students, but only if its part of a uni. i;m at rmit tafe so i clicked on rmit uni. same with vic and stuff
Old 15-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #34
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Ok so I purchased Office 2007 from these guys, I downloaded it (502 MB) and installed. I received my product key and now am using Office Ultimate. HOWEVER: I still have not been debited on my ANZ Visa Debit Card the $75. I made the purchase late Tuesday night. Do these things usually take this long???
Old 15-03-2007, 08:44 PM   #35
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Ms
Ok so I purchased Office 2007 from these guys, I downloaded it (502 MB) and installed. I received my product key and now am using Office Ultimate. HOWEVER: I still have not been debited on my ANZ Visa Debit Card the $75. I made the purchase late Tuesday night. Do these things usually take this long???
You're complaining why??
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 15-03-2007, 09:39 PM   #36
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i used visa debit and it was instant
Old 16-03-2007, 12:26 AM   #37
1600GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
which you'd easily be able to afford
says who?
looks like i need better security on my finance's, as u seem to have an faaaaaaaaaaaaar better knowledge of them than myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
Even though I'm taking a year off uni, I know exactly how hard it can be financially for a uni student. I struggled to make ends meet in the last couple of years, so much so that I am taking a year off to work, to earn money, and make it easier for myself next year. Uni certainly isn't cheap, plus when you are there for 5 days a week, it doesn't give you much chance to work. The fact is, students want to work to earn a living, but you need to be properly trained to do a lot of jobs (for example I'm studying to be an electrical engineer... You can't just go and get an apprenticeship to do that sort of work). So I think it's a great idea that students get a discount
i know how the system works mate.
"been there, done that" is probably a good way to some it up.

i just get a bit sick to death of hearing uni students whinge about the cost of study.
fact is that it's an ELECTIVE. u simply dont have to do it.
if u dont like the cost, then dont do it.
u wouldnt spent, for arguements sake, $250,000 on a house if you dont like the cost or cant afford it, would u?? so why go to uni if u dont like the cost or cant afford it...??

i must admit tho, i do serious commend u on having the sence to get out in the real world and earn your way and go about obtaining your study materials in a responsible manner, instead of ripping off the system like 'some' that have previously posted in this thread about having a job AND a uni student email address...
i'm sure those studying law could clarify, but i think thats called 'fraud'...
Old 16-03-2007, 01:42 AM   #38
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

1600gt, let me sum something up for you ..

The only requirement for the offer, is you must have a valid email address from a selected uni to get the cheap office. If someone has taken a year off, and is still enrolled (just taking what is called 'intermittence') that student still has full right to get the offer. If the student has un-enrolled from Uni, and is now working full time, then they aren't allowed to. But if their Uni email address is still valid, then good luck to them not getting caught.

Secondly, I'll complain as much as I like to about Uni. Just because I complain about being poor, has no bearing on whether i want to better my education to gain employment in the thinking sector of society. Anyone can use their hands and be hard working, but i'd like to be hard working in using my educational skills, and hopefully in the near future run a company and be responsible for strategic tasks in managing the people within that company.

I have twelve hours a week that I have to be at uni, and I spend another 30 hours studying, attending group meetings for assignments, etc. On the weekends, I work on revising the previous weeks work. Where does that leave time for suitable employment? Sure, if i wanted to have no free time whatsoever and miss out on some uni, I could get a job. But most employers don't want to know you if you have a strong committment such as Uni, as it's very hard to work around the Uni work.

You don't have the right to commend someone on leaving uni and telling them they have more 'sence' for not staying in school. He didn't leave because he doesn't want to further his education, he left because it is incredibly hard to survive and study at the same time. There has, and always will be discounts for Uni students on software, etc, because we are generally poor compared to someone who gets paid for the work they do.

Also, the cost of Uni is just that. It is a cost. It's not a benefit to have a $80,000 hecs deabt at the end of our study, it's a cost. We accept that cost as the cost of bettering our financial future, and becoming something important, with a well paying job.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 16-03-2007, 02:02 AM   #39
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1600GT
i must admit tho, i do serious commend u on having the sence to get out in the real world and earn your way and go about obtaining your study materials in a responsible manner, instead of ripping off the system like 'some' that have previously posted in this thread about having a job AND a uni student email address...
i'm sure those studying law could clarify, but i think thats called 'fraud'...
What?
I work and right up until I had my workplace accident I was doing some seriously long hours. But whilst doing those long hours at work, I also studied, and raise my family alone.

How is having a job and a uni student email address anything like fraud?

You say that you have 'been there, done that', well you would have to be aware that your post is not only ridiculous but very insulting to many.

I take great offence to you even remotely suggesting that I myself could be seen as a fraudulent person (considering what I am studying I would not be looked upon very well at all if I were to be one and most certainly would not succeed in my chosen field).

If I have managed to buy a piece of software somewhat cheaper then so be it, lucky me

Do not knock those that wish to further their education and achieve greater employment than if they did not have any study behind them.
There might be people out there that don't work whilst studying but there are more than likely a lot more that are working.

Oh and to anyone considering getting the software, it is something I have not regretted. It is fantastic but very different to what I had, which was 2000 I think
Old 16-03-2007, 07:28 AM   #40
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

WTF? Having a job and studying at uni at the same time is fraud??

LMFAO...I think you need to go to uni and study Law...
Old 16-03-2007, 04:12 PM   #41
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
You're complaining why??
Dam.... These people must be members of Ford Forums coz my card just got debited after I wrote that. Well, just incase they are members: MICROSOFT RULES!!!!! haha.

P.S. Office 2007 is great, but I really don't see the point of getting the Ultimate Version when the Home and Student Version caters for most peoples needs. But for $75, you'd be insane not to!!!
Old 16-03-2007, 07:56 PM   #42
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

For *******'s sake, i study at uni full-time but I hate computers and I hate Microsoft so i wouldn't buy their ***** for 50C! I can cruise through uni without this crap so why can't u guys???
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
Old 16-03-2007, 08:03 PM   #43
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Quote:
Secondly, I'll complain as much as I like to about Uni. Just because I complain about being poor, has no bearing on whether i want to better my education to gain employment in the thinking sector of society. Anyone can use their hands and be hard working, but i'd like to be hard working in using my educational skills, and hopefully in the near future run a company and be responsible for strategic tasks in managing the people within that company.
Yagz, u rock! At the end of the day ur at uni to better urself and ur employment opportunities or your there to occupy time til u register for the dole! I use my brains to pass assignments not microsft programs they take the learning out of uni!!!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
Old 16-03-2007, 08:28 PM   #44
1600GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordel
Bought this the other day, great bargin for $75
Yey for student cards, and working full time hahaha
this is the example i was refering too.
what sort of impression does that give to the public??
and shuresm58, do you really think that your post has any weight when you write...
Quote:
If the student has un-enrolled from Uni, and is now working full time, then they aren't allowed to. But if their Uni email address is still valid, then good luck to them not getting caught.
this is just as bad as fordel's post.
i dont have an objection to those that take a year off to return to studies at a later date.
that situation would still mean an individual has more studying to do, and all the help you can get to do so would be an advantage.
please read on...

Quote:
You don't have the right to commend someone on leaving uni and telling them they have more 'sence' for not staying in school.
where did i ever say that he wasnt staying in school??

Quote:
He didn't leave because he doesn't want to further his education, he left because it is incredibly hard to survive and study at the same time.
There has, and always will be discounts for Uni students on software, etc, because we are generally poor compared to someone who gets paid for the work they do.
hence my previous comment of:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1600GT
earn your way and go about obtaining your study materials in a responsible manner
would that, in simplfied terms, means that he is returning to school in a year's time, as he will use the money he has earned on study materials in the future?

fiery... i must apologise. i really didnt mean those like yourself that are genuinely doing a hard enough job of studying, whilst working part time to make ends meet, but even more so that you are raising a family alone.

my comments refer to those that blatantly abuse the system, and give it a bad name, while most are like yourself and go about things in a decent and hard working manner.
my concern is that a few bad apples will spoil things for everyone, and unfortunately, they are the same ones that get away with it...

again, my apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman
WTF? Having a job and studying at uni at the same time is fraud??

LMFAO...I think you need to go to uni and study Law...
and i think you need to re-read the context of the posts and make a better contribution to the thread.
if not... leave.
Old 16-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #45
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

I started the damn thread....and I was talking in context...If you are working and at uni, your doing very well, and DESERVE to get this offer...simple.
Old 16-03-2007, 08:41 PM   #46
1600GT

Quote:
I started the thread idiot....
DONT start that mate.
have a go and just see how far you get...
Quote:
and I was talking in context...
could have fooled me.
Quote:
If you are working and at uni, your doing very well, and DESERVE to get this offer...simple.
CORRECT!!
and if you're a ******** artist that is now working full time, but still has a uni email because you like ripping off those that are doing the right thing, then you DONT!!
Old 16-03-2007, 09:16 PM   #47
MRSXR-8
I'm a V8 Mum..

Quote:
I started the damn thread....and I was talking in context...If you are working and at uni, your doing very well, and DESERVE to get this offer...simple.
I don't give a fat rats who started the thread & by the way, you tried to get yourself out the pooh real quick by changing what you had originally said, shame 1600GT has it in his quote!!

The point he is trying to make (which no one seems to be reading his posts properly), is that, yes while you are a uni student & may you be working P/T by all means buy it at that cost. It is those that are now working full time and are claiming what they shouldn't be!! It isn't fair to those that are doing the honest thing!!

I am a full time mum, have loans, a mortgage and P/T worker as well as trying to further myself by going to TAFE and find it hard enough to come up with the funds, but at least I'm not ripping off the system!!

By the way I'M married to 1600GT so he knows full well what the costs are for trying to further your intrests!!!!!!! My advise, read things thoroughly and let it sink in before making comments like those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese Bobby (Ricky Bobby's father)....
Shut up, you little pot-lickers, or I'll shove you in the microwave....
Old 16-03-2007, 09:39 PM   #48
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

Im not going to argue...so no, I won't "have a go"...sleep:

I started this thread to give people a heads up on this great offer, not to hear people preach to us about "morals" and "ripping off the system"...
I still can't see your point...who cares if your working full time and at uni...your still at uni...the offer is for uni students...simple...

Who says you shouldn't claim a reduced price because you are working full time? I reckon that's bs...Why is it ripping off the system? If you get an offer like that, why the hell would you refuse it? You qualify by being a uni student, so you'd be mad not to take it....
Old 16-03-2007, 10:05 PM   #49
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Another one bites the bullet.....
Closed Thread