Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-02-2007, 01:30 AM   #31
awsome4.0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
Cliff top, sunset.....done deal
Worked for me :
awsome4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 11:43 AM   #32
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Take her to the place where you had your first date. Pack some of her favourite foods (I took strawberries, chocolate and champange). Get down on the old bended knee, pull out the ring and pop the big Q. Eat the goodies together after you pop the question.

For this to work really well though:
1. She needs to be the romantic type.
2. You need to get the type of ring that she likes, so casually (read sneakily) get an idea of the rings she likes when you're out shopping together.
3. The spot of your first date needs to be something really nice. If your first date was at Red Rooster, I'd choose the first really romantic place you went for a date. LOL!

All the best with it. Go get her mate! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 12:43 PM   #33
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Take her to the place where you had your first date. Pack some of her favourite foods (I took strawberries, chocolate and champange). Get down on the old bended knee, pull out the ring and pop the big Q. Eat the goodies together after you pop the question.
Hmm I dont think I should do it where we met cos we met at the cheap uni bar obviously while we were at uni. But she ended up have a little to much to drink that night. Needless to say she ended up seeing them again in the morning. Nice...
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 09:20 PM   #34
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXLS
So I am thinking of getting engaged in the near future and I am after your ideas on how I can pop the question....
Dont.
Old 24-02-2007, 09:38 PM   #35
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunns
Don't do it!
I'm with Mr Gunns (and Gasolane)! Don't be daft man!!!
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 12:12 AM   #36
EvilChief
Boost Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK

For this to work really well though:
1. She needs to be the romantic type.
2. You need to get the type of ring that she likes, so casually (read sneakily) get an idea of the rings she likes when you're out shopping together.
3. The spot of your first date needs to be something really nice. If your first date was at Red Rooster, I'd choose the first really romantic place you went for a date. LOL!

All the best with it. Go get her mate! LOL!

GK
i dont think the movies would allow me to take some picnic with me :

my missus is alreeady thinking of what wedding dress she would like to wear etc .... and no we are not engaged! ... talking about hints :

i will wait until her best friends and cousins wedding where she is 1st girl and see how she handles that day and then go from there ... i will be asleep in the last row with the rest of her family (will not be pretty that day ... well at least for me)
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 12:25 AM   #37
drcook
I Bleed Orange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
Cliff top, sunset.....done deal
worked for me too.
Old 25-02-2007, 12:37 AM   #38
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
First time: Came home absolutely farking plastered from the pub and after literally kicking the front door open (I thought it would be funny at the time) I stumbled into bed and then proceeded to tell my half-asleep girlfriend (now fiance) that although there were some pretty hot chicks at the pub, they weren't her and I didn't want them anyway because they were skanks. Then I said to her "Theoretically speaking, would you marry me if I asked you?". Needless to say she said "Let's talk about this in the morning" or something. Can't remember too much after that cause I fell asleep on top of her.
Absolute gold! It gets funnier every time I read it.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 12:40 AM   #39
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am happy to read this stuff. the current gf wants to become mrs mk1.0

she keeps telling me we are going to get married. Not i have a problem with this its weird how girls worth things in their own way to get you sucked in.

That look they turn on.

So whats it like for those currently married peoples out there. I dont even want to think about gremlins in the oven yet !!!

Dont be surprised if you see a blue fairmont ghia v8 for sale after its been traded for a territory or some other van-esk thing.
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 01:34 AM   #40
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_c
I am happy to read this stuff. the current gf wants to become mrs mk1.0

she keeps telling me we are going to get married. Not i have a problem with this its weird how girls worth things in their own way to get you sucked in.

That look they turn on.

So whats it like for those currently married peoples out there. I dont even want to think about gremlins in the oven yet !!!

Dont be surprised if you see a blue fairmont ghia v8 for sale after its been traded for a territory or some other van-esk thing.
LOL. I dont really want to get married, anytime soon anyway because I want to spend the money on the car and do other fun stuff...

We are basically married anyway - we have bought a house and hence mortgage together and have a 10 month old son together. I wouldnt trade Toby for a wedding in a fit.

One day we might get around to it, maybe, maybe not. If we do, it will be fun, we will be ready for it, and we will have a blast.

As for proposal - no one can answer that for you. You have to go with what is right for you two, how she is as a person and her preferences, etc... just make sure that a) you want to do it, b) that you are fairly sure she will say yes, c) that it is the right time to start this way of thinking.

Good luck!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 01:54 AM   #41
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXLS
So I am thinking of getting engaged in the near future and I am after your ideas on how I can pop the question....
you need a good slap about the face and body , now have a lie down then ignore any further thoughts of marriage and live in sin like the rest of us..
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 03:41 PM   #42
AussieJason

I got engaged, married, and after a few 'incidents' with her it ended up in divorce. I am now a single Dad with a full time job and a 3 year old son to look after. Due to legal costs etc... I am now unfortunately looking at getting a second job. I have just gone back to one car, and my mortgage is now going to be doubled, even though it was in my name and I had it before we were married.

Sounds bad, but it hasn't put me off ever getting engaged and married again. It isn't the end of the world if you get engaged and it doesn't work. If you and her are ready, go for it.

Previous Falcons:
2003 BA Falcon XL Ute White
1994 EF Falcon GLi Aqua

bseries.com.au Member

And drive a Holden company car...
AussieJason is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 04:19 PM   #43
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Just remember the old saying.

If at first you dont succeed, try, try again... then give up. There's no need to show everybody that you're a complete idiot!
Old 25-02-2007, 10:57 PM   #44
ltd
Force Fed Fords

My GF plain out asked me one day; "Are we going to get married?"
I responded with "Of course, one day you'll meet the right guy and I'll meet the right girl"
She didn't laugh like I'd hoped.

Anyways, do something romantic because girls love that stuff.

When I finally get engaged I'm going to take her flying, get her up to about 35000 feet, then point the aircraft to the ground and tell her that until I get the right answer, we're not pulling up. You'll know I've done this when I've suddenly stopped posting.

Quote: