Old 13-02-2005, 01:55 AM   #31
THORNSPAWN
In the Forced 'lane

Awww isn't he cute :
THORNSPAWN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 03:41 AM   #32
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

I had a huntsman in my car once. I put some things in the back seat at southland shopping center. I drove out on to the Nepean Hwy when a female friend started screaming, I felt somthing on my neck and shoulder. I turned around to see the hairy beast on my seat, with that i drove across 4 lanes no indicaters straight into the service lane. I looked in the boot to see what i had to kill it with...I had nothing. We went back brought some fly spray all that did was make it mad and it went under the drivers seat. I wasn't going anywhere till it was dead, so i removed the seat and killed it.

Another time i was in a freinds car in the back with another mate in the front seat it was dusk and the sun was coming in the front screen. The mate in the passenger side thought he would flick the sun visor down. As he did i seen the spider, knowing what was about to happen i started to laugh. It dropped down onto his lap, to this day i have never seen anyone who was wearing a seat belt try to go though the roof of a car strapped in. I still find that amusing but i guess if that was me in the front i would of bailed out while the car was moving.
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 04:11 AM   #33
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Default more text

If they don't bite I'm cool, however its the fact that they always look like they bite that freaks me out.

Spiders are bastards.

I'd sooner play with a taipan or something lol. Snakes don't look as freaky.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 05:38 AM   #34
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

that bird spider, isnt that non deadly like the trantular???

lol i used to go collecting huntsmans when i was younger :P

stuff looking for em now though :s

I HATE BUGS!!!!!!

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 06:06 AM   #35
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilch
I continue to swing anyway and he now seems to have realised I can't get him so he darts back and forth just to toy with me, and than duck down a little crack in the passenger side corner :
Hahahahaha that's too funny :

You would not believe the amount of times I had a huntsman run accross the windscreen in the XB while driving. Petrified doesn't even begin to explain it lol. It would always happen in the XB - never ever in the XY. I use to accuse the ex of purposely getting them from the garage and putting them in my car lol.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 09:40 AM   #36
Ford Fanatic
Kiwi Ford Nut

Unhappy

Awwww you guys have all the fun. We dont have huntsman, crocs, poison toads, snakes etc etc etc
Black AUII 5.0L Fairmont, Koni Adjustable Sports Shocks, King SL Rear, SSL Front. Pacemaker TRI-Y's and 3" Rage exhaust, Willwood 4pot front callipers with 325mm directional vaned rotors. Still to come :- 6 speed manual conversion, head, cam and of course a blower!
Ford Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 10:45 AM   #37
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
Spiders are bastards.

I'd sooner play with a taipan or something lol. Snakes don't look as freaky.

you sure?:P i think i know which one for sure i would prefer to drop into my lap when im driving :P
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 10:54 AM   #38
pauly85
commodore bogan

if either of those dropped in my lap whilst driving id exit the car, doesnt matter how fast i was going id just get the fudge out lol
pauly85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 11:15 AM   #39
FordFan86
meow

LOL this thread has been a great read, i haven't really got any spider stories to share tho, but me and my mates used to go thru a bushland area and we'd have metal sheets around a few places (in the summer they warm and and u get skinks and such beneath them) anyway we'd come to everyoen and think what if there is a snake under here... we never got one but just thinking about it was scary enough...
and you don't need to kill huntsmans, they are harmless, when we get one or two in the house we leave them, they tend to just crawl around the roof, tis awesome
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 01:28 PM   #40
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

You know what Guys and girls, it could be worse..all these spiders could be holden lovers, instead they Like Fords :
Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 01:34 PM   #41
AdzT3-146
own the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
You know what Guys and girls, it could be worse..all these spiders could be holden lovers, instead they Like Fords :
Yes they do, unfortunatly. i got a spider living in my drivers side mirror. has crawled across the windscreen a couple of times while driving. freaks me out
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 01:39 PM   #42
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

i was driving to work one morning when a huntsman descended from the top of my hat and scuttled under the brim for shade.

Ute went sideways into a carpark, cap got thrown into passenger seat and beaten to death with steel capped boot.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 04:14 PM   #43
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

one day there was a huge huntsman in my shed, being of the young age that i was back them of 15 i put petrol on it and lit it, it ran into a pile of bookwork that was stored there for records sure enough half of my shed was alight, lucky a hose and an estinguisher was near by
Sprint_ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 04:27 PM   #44
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

My dad found a huntsman in his old shed while he was cleaning it out before we demolished the house. He told me to grab a can of mortein and pass it to him.
For the next 3 minutes all i could hear was the can being sprayed. Then dad kept going about what he was doing.
about 10 minutes after that he came out of the shed looking groggy, and red eyed and feeling sick.
He didn't think it would be a problem to spray so much in such a small enclosed space and then stay in there. :
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 04:30 PM   #45
danege

Spiders scare me. *shudders*

I had this spider in my room once when i was about to go to bed, it crawled behind some cupboards where i couldnt get to it. So i didnt sleep in that room for the next 3 nights till i found that spider.

It was a huntsman aswell.

(p.s. im arachnaphobic :P)
Old 13-02-2005, 04:35 PM   #46
paul7v7
bring it on

i hate spiders. if i see one, i'm outta here. i usually get someone else to kill them too as i fear that i will bodge the kill and either they'll jump at me or run for me hehehe.i clean my car weekly on the inside to prevent spiders from getting in there.
Old 13-02-2005, 04:57 PM   #47
buickman
buickman

Get a pair of gloves on and flush it out with a thin stick or knitting needle and grab or knock it out of your car. I grabbed one many years ago when young and stupid as someone told me they won't hurt you. It bit me and was like a burning needle and painful for a few days but you won't die from their bite.

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 05:15 PM   #48
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Ok, my turn for a scary spider experience story. Was 11 years old and fast asleep when I felt a tickle near my left ear. Sort of brushed it off, but a few seconds later, felt the tickle rising towards my cheek and nose. Fortunately, or unfortunately on this occasion, I am a very light sleeper, so I opened my left eye a little and saw what looked like a peice of dirt on my left eye lid. Sort of brushed it off again, only this time it walked across onto my forehead!! Slapped it off in a big hurry (read sh!t scared), and jumped across the room and turned on the light. Found a adult Huntsman (as big as my hand), with a couple of broken off legs on the doona trying to make a run for it. He made it over the edge of the bed, but I found the bastard about half an hour later and mashed him with my school shoe.

To take a lyric from a famous Mettallica song, "Sleep with one eye open"... yeah, that's what I did for the next couple of weeks, only this time I wasn't watching out for Sandman, it was Hunts-man. :hihi:

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 06:03 PM   #49
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

CURSE THIS BLOODY THREAD.

In over 6 years of owning the EA, I've seen a huntsman on it once (think it lived in the rear louvre)
Opened the boot of the ED today and there sits... A fat huntsman.
Got the camera (not digital) took a pic, got a thong tried to squish it and it's guts went about a 10cms then it ran off behind the jack cover.
Hopefully it dies.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 06:25 PM   #50
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I know some one who was once told spiders came in threes. So if you saw one, then there were another 2 you hadn't seen yet.
It still scares her now. if she sees one, then she can't relax until she finds another two.
Funny to watch, but obviously not funny for her.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 06:43 PM   #51
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
Get a pair of gloves on and flush it out with a thin stick or knitting needle and grab or knock it out of your car. I grabbed one many years ago when young and stupid as someone told me they won't hurt you. It bit me and was like a burning needle and painful for a few days but you won't die from their bite.

buickman
talking about gloves...

im normally not worried about spiders, although,

where i work, there are heaps of spiders (they seem to love hiding in headlights...) im always paranoid that there is a spider living in my leather gloves - so i hit them with a hammer on all the fingers before i put them on, to make sure that if there is any spider living in them they are dead.........

always have....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 06:59 PM   #52
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I saw a huntsman in the shed, by the time I'd got a container so I could drop it into someone's tool box at work the bastard had ****ed off, not happy!

There's a spider in my LHS mirror. Well there was. I'd wash the car and a few days later a web would be over the mirror. Kept happening. Didn't happen when I got a can of degreaser, put a tube on the nozzle and emptied it behind the mirror.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 09:11 PM   #53
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That reminds me. We had a huntsman 2 nights ago that only had four legs, presumably the missing chewed off by a gecko. The amusing part was they were all on the one side. Round like a record baby! Poor bugger.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 11:01 PM   #54
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had retrieved the remains of my ute from the paddock it had been sitting in since we rolled it and moved it back to Qbn on a car trailer, we were unloading the ute in the street out the front of the house and Nic volunteered to untie one of the ropes under the ute.
When she was on her back under the ute a large and very active redback walked across her chest and dropped to the ground.
She dosent get under vehicles much anymore......
Regards,
Tote
Old 14-02-2005, 10:09 AM   #55
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

some awesome stories, how can I begin to comment on them.......that bird eater would have me hit the roof in fright regardless of where I was.

to put some closure on my story, at the X-Series cruise yesterday I opened my rear drivers side door and saw the bugger sitting on the wheel arch.........just gave him the flick with my hand onto the ground, and I think he jumped in warrens falcon (MADXF), good luck with him mate!

Last edited by Pilch; 14-02-2005 at 10:12 AM.
Pilch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2005, 10:25 AM   #56
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Glad I parked up the other end of the carpark now!

As buickman said, huntsmans won't kill you but they hurt like hell for a week or so. They move in packs of 2 generally.... if you see one there will be another within a couple of meters but not always. Like one might come inside and the other stays outside.

As for other spiders I always kill them for peace of mind, but I keep the daddy long legs because they eat other spiders... ones that can hurt!
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2005, 11:02 AM   #57
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilch
and I think he jumped in warrens falcon (MADXF), good luck with him mate!
I'm Pearly!

Paul is MADXF.

Haven't come across it yet. It's not me that will worry anyway I don't mind them. If the missus comes across it, all hell will break loose!
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2005, 11:29 AM   #58
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly
I'm Pearly!

Paul is MADXF.

Haven't come across it yet. It's not me that will worry anyway I don't mind them. If the missus comes across it, all hell will break loose!
Sorry mate wasn't sure which "real" name and "aff" name linked up, but I know who you are anyway. keep an eye out for that huntsman, he's a real smartarse.
Pilch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2005, 06:02 PM   #59
BlueVU
Starter Motor

*LOL* this has been a very amusing thread, you pussies :P haha. But I do sympathise with all of you. As said they are not poisionous to us, but dam!, their bite stings like buggery. The huntsman seems to be the common vehicle dweller spider.They look menacing and dangerous, but looks in this case are deceiving, I too don't wish to be driving along in la la land, when this beast runs from one side of the dash to the other or in my case once, jumps off the dash onto ya lap hahaha, I froze like a friggin statue, tried to pull over quickly yet safely, with it still sitting there. I pulled over and slowly got out of the car, and did the "spider shake". BUT wouldn't you know it, the big ****er did not budge, it was looking at me, mocking my attempts. In the end I ended up using my reluctant hand to brush it off. But Im sure I shit myself when it jumped on my lap, didn't stop to check! except to ditch my unwanted joyrider. LOL.

Last edited by BlueVU; 14-02-2005 at 06:06 PM. Reason: I can't spell today!
BlueVU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 04:04 AM   #60
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6
CURSE THIS BLOODY THREAD.

In over 6 years of owning the EA, I've seen a huntsman on it once (think it lived in the rear louvre)
Opened the boot of the ED today and there sits... A fat huntsman.
Got the camera (not digital) took a pic, got a thong tried to squish it and it's guts went about a 10cms then it ran off behind the jack cover.
Hopefully it dies.
And here it is, The Ford Factory Issue Spider. A lot of guts came out of that abdomen when i attempted to squash it with a thong, as mentioned in previous post.. it ran off. I haven't seen it since.