Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-02-2020, 12:07 AM   #31
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Default Re: What is the name of the song and artist used in the Kia Seltos commercial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
That’s says a lot about the people who listen to that station then....
It was enough for the OP to start a topic, asking what that song was. The advertising guru's have done their job!
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2020, 01:41 AM   #32
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Default Re: What is the name of the song and artist used in the Kia Seltos commercial?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billie_Eilish

Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O'Connell (/ˈbɪliː ˈaɪlɪʃ/,[1] born December 18, 2001) is an American singer and songwriter. She first gained media attention in 2016 when she uploaded the song "Ocean Eyes" to SoundCloud, and it was subsequently released by Interscope Records subsidiary Darkroom. The song was written and produced by her brother Finneas, with whom she collaborates on music and live shows. Her debut EP, Don't Smile at Me (2017), reached the top 15 in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.

Eilish's debut studio album, When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (2019), debuted atop the Billboard 200 and became the best-performing album of 2019 in the US.[2] It also reached number one in the UK. The album contains six Billboard Hot 100 top 40 singles: "When the Party's Over", "Bury a Friend", "Wish You Were Gay", "Xanny", "Everything I Wanted",[a] and "Bad Guy", the last of which became her first number one single in the US.

Her accolades include five Grammy Awards, two American Music Awards, two Guinness World Records, and three MTV Video Music Awards. She is the youngest person and first woman to win the four main Grammy categories, Best New Artist, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Album of the Year in the same year.[3][4]

You don't have to like her music, but many do. She has broad appeal, and has won many awards anyone else in the industry would envy.

All before she turned 18.....
Old 03-02-2020, 11:46 AM   #33
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Don't think it was correctly answered previously.

Song name: Bad Guy
Artist: Billie Eilish

Woops - should have opened the second post

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 03-02-2020 at 11:58 AM.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2020, 12:10 PM   #34
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashie View Post

The best Falcon ad IMO is the BA "Can't get enough of this"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDaLxN5FIjE
Agreed. Only thing I hated when they showed it was the sweaty shirt armpits.

Don't know why!

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #35
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This song is/was featured in a number of ads at least as far back as June of last year.
I know because it got stuck in my head and eventually my daughter bought my the CD as a birthday gift.

The song is everywhere and while nearly everything released today does not much for me, this song is different and interesting......I don't need to hear it several times a day however.
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-02-2020, 05:03 PM   #36
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Unfortunately it's Country and not Music
Gaso, Geeze you mustn't be much of an Aussie truck driver if you don't like country.
Are you one of those gangster Supertruckers playing the duff duff, with the air out of the seat and the gearstick hitting the roof.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2020, 02:55 PM   #37
Hawkeye84

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
You must be in the advertising/marketing industry. I do not understand any of what you wrote.
But then I failed to understand Holden's adverts, such as the Colorado vs The Goat, Mum's crowd surfing at a pop concert (Equinox), how to get out of an Arcadia, and how to steal a painting using various SUV's.
None of these made me want to research the internet, or entice me to walk into a Holden dealer to find out more.
Failed to understand - but you were able to tell me the brand, the model and the story of the ad......its done its job in awareness phase...

To entice you to walk into the dealership, they'll have to hit you during the conversion stage - but that's only if you are in market...otherwise, theyd be wasting money...

You dont even have to search it up either - if you fit the target audience/ or hit the criteria based on your recent google searches (not necessarily searching for car). Theyll serve you another ad....if your not interested and dont click on it...they'll stop. if you are theyll hit you ad ad again.

And yes, i am in Marketing/Advertising industry...
Hawkeye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2020, 05:31 PM   #38
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye84 View Post
Failed to understand - but you were able to tell me the brand, the model and the story of the ad......its done its job in awareness phase...
And yes, i am in Marketing/Advertising industry...
I still don’t get the philosophy of what you are advocating.
Just because I am aware of an advert for a Farnarkle doesn’t make me want to rush out and buy that item. When I decide I need to buy a Farnarkle, I would probably go to Bunnings (there you go…. brand awareness, mainly because I know my local corner store hardware does not stock Farnarkles) and compare prices and specifications of various Farnarkles.

If I see an advert which I think is ridiculous (Colorado v Goat), or makes me wonder what it is all about, I dismiss it as a load of BS, consign it to memory as irrelevant. I may be aware of it, but as a potential customer who is totally impressed and must have ……… nah.

I must be really different from the mainstream sheeple who follow influencers.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2020, 01:17 AM   #39
Hawkeye84

Alright mate, You got it down pat..

Those mainstream sheeple who follow influencers have no idea...

Last edited by Hawkeye84; 08-02-2020 at 01:22 AM.
Hawkeye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2020, 01:37 PM   #40
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
It was enough for the OP to start a topic, asking what that song was. The advertising guru's have done their job!

The song caught my attention. Not the vehicle which is the purpose of the advertisement. My conclusion? Song? Weird. Vehicle? Not into SUVs as I prefer sedans.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post