Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-06-2016, 09:33 AM   #31
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FPV sales almost stagnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
I think genuine buyers know what it should cost. The dreaming part is probably just having 10k and hoping for a car thats too good to be true in that bracket. I went in knowing what the GT-P would cost (and had my top dollar price, which happened to be the sellers lowest price after my counter offer). Everyone walked away happy (well, i drove away happy, and he was standing in his driveway with tears in his eyes)
I agree with this. The buyer hadn't seen the car in person, just went off the photos, and wanted to do an EFT before he'd seen it. My car was genuine and he was a genuine buyer - knew what he was after the ballpark figure.

When he drove off, he was happy, I was happy but had that tear in my eye!
Old 26-06-2016, 11:46 AM   #32
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1964 View Post
Yeah I'd go GT over XR8 anyday. I just think modern era muscle cars reached their peak with the FPV 335s and F6s other than the GTFs that is. After that things were toned down in the bells and whistles and looks department with the FGXs. FPVs have that personal individuality about them. Not to mention that balls out front end presence. Kinda reminds me of my old shaker. It demands attention.
Demand attention and will demand a much higher price than the non GT/F6 badged cars in time.
As many of these cars start exchanging hands as ex lease , ex runabouts and start going to people who want them as "keepers" then the prices will stabilise and there will be greater demand v availability. Nothing new here , happens in cycles and happened in the 70s and 80s and will happen again. I'm surprised at how well these cars have maintained their values already. Good examples in both B and F series are in the 20s and 30s respectively and look to be comfortable there. Supercharged cars will stay in the 40s. There will be the %#^* sorry examples in the fringes that will mediate the prices for sure.
There is always mustang to lure the coin , but it's a different beast and a cultural shift so FPV cars are guaranteed more $$$ than falcon scrap value.
I think now it's more about emotional investment rather than $$$ investment so we won't ever see ridiculous prices but we will see "higher" prices relative to people's expectations. I think that's what is happening now.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 26-06-2016, 02:12 PM   #33
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

No doubt about comments regards to GT badge and FPV's....everyone has a choice.
The record will stand forever also that a FGX XRSprint is the LAST special Falcon produced locally - don't discount how much that will appeal in the distant future and with its drive ability up grades and even better wolf in sheeps clothing I expect she will hold her own as well.....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-06-2016, 04:34 PM   #34
Grom13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
No doubt about comments regards to GT badge and FPV's....everyone has a choice.
The record will stand forever also that a FGX XRSprint is the LAST special Falcon produced locally - don't discount how much that will appeal in the distant future and with its drive ability up grades and even better wolf in sheeps clothing I expect she will hold her own as well.....
Everything made in the last few years is the last , GT, GTP, GTE , GTF, GS , F6 , FGX, Pursuit all the last not only the Sprint people seem to loose sight of that..
Grom13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2016, 05:08 PM   #35
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazawaki View Post
Different beast if I spent the extra $30,000 extra on my pursuit that one of these cost well there wouldn't be anything that would get near it.
And you would nearly have to give it away if you wanted to offload it. The modified engine ones seem to be the hardest to sell.
5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2016, 08:10 PM   #36
Rob1964

Yeah its more than likely worth returning a modded car back to stock and flogging the bits! As usual unmolested examples will command a premium
Rob1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2016, 08:38 PM   #37
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazawaki View Post
Different beast if I spent the extra $30,000 extra on my pursuit that one of these cost well there wouldn't be anything that would get near it.
I definitely wouldn't want you as a broker for me.

I'd rather spend an extra $30,000 on a well appointed factory stock car and come second in power to your extra $30,000 worth of go fast modifications.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-06-2016, 09:08 PM   #38
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Not really surprised, these cars are expensive to own and really only a toy these days. A lot of cars are just for sale and if they sell they sell with no real urgency. It's the case of if I get what Im asking I'll sell otherwise it can sit there.
Old 26-06-2016, 09:22 PM   #39
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grom13 View Post
Everything made in the last few years is the last , GT, GTP, GTE , GTF, GS , F6 , FGX, Pursuit all the last not only the Sprint people seem to loose sight of that..
Its not the point of losing sight - yep those name plates have gone and hold their own but Falcon was/is still being made therefore people change/adjust move ahead so FGX will be remembered more so that its the Last Falcon to a punter.
Everyone thinks/see things differently.
How much would people care of GS for eg ? not many if at all with all due respect.
GT ? yep that will be missed no doubt about it.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2016, 10:38 PM   #40
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

I’m starting to wonder if there will be far more Falcons of all variants kept then there will be collectors and enthusiasts that want them.

The most collectable things are often something most of us can’t have.

I wish I'd dragged home my mates old split window Kombi a few years back before he bulldozed it into the back paddock, restored it's now worth more than most GT's outside of the P3.

Last edited by Express; 26-06-2016 at 10:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-06-2016, 11:23 PM   #41
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERG_51 View Post
Im looking for a 335 GT, so I know every FPV for sale atm, a couple of car yards offering cars as one owners but after doing my own research ive found this not to be the case, so struggling to trust dealers and the private cars are generally 5 to 7k dearer . Mainly looking in SA and VIC. Am I dreaming thinking I can pick up a 335 with under 80,000km for 40k with good history? WA cars are in the ballpark but cant seem to track down the history plus the freight can be costly.
Just recently picked up my 2011 GT (one female owner) for $47,831 with only 50,000km in WA... car is in like new condition with only a few marks around the power windows switches.

Tried to contact this private seller asking $45,990 for a 2012 Mk2 but he's not answering phone calls, most likely sold.
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...3501416/?Cr=17

Anyways, I'm happy with mine being the Mk1, not a fan of touch screens in cars and I can use my phone for GPS.

I would go for one with 50,000km or less as they seem to be well looked after.

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-06-2016, 12:01 AM   #42
ken1939

I would agree carsales.com.au has a few vehicles posted that are questionable in asking costs. I tend to use it as I do not have eyes on the ground all over Oz in looking for a BA or XF Falcon Ute.

I recon some are trying to cash in on some of the specialty cars, with the cease in production. I see it here in the USA all the time. Piles of rust with ridiculous prices on them. Especially high KM vehicles with road rash.

I know the economy is playing a part, and in some cases it is a buyers market. What I am familiar with is if I own it, its not worth much, if someone else owns the same thing, the asking price is astronomical.
ken1939 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2016, 03:44 PM   #43
Full_Monty

I got my Mk1 335 with 17,500kms in October 2014 for $44,750 with full years rego.

Pretty happy with that.
Full_Monty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-06-2016, 04:43 PM   #44
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
I’m starting to wonder if there will be far more Falcons of all variants kept then there will be collectors and enthusiasts that want them.

The most collectable things are often something most of us can’t have.

I wish I'd dragged home my mates old split window Kombi a few years back before he bulldozed it into the back paddock, restored it's now worth more than most GT's outside of the P3.
Exactly.
These things will drop to $2000 and be worthless pieces of junk before prices start to rise.
I saw it all happen with my Cobra.

These people buying sprints and then putting them onto a truck to get home so they don't rack up any k's, and then having the cars as garage queens sitting under covers will be well and truly 6ft under the ground before they are worth anything. With so many being put away I doubt they will ever get near the figures people think they will.

Enjoy the bloody things, if you want to make money you'd be far better off putting $70k into a term deposit for 30-40 years.

The only car I have ever known to hold it's price was the XE ESP 351 when Ford stopped the V8.
Once the EB was released they became worthless almost overnight too.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2016, 10:27 AM   #45
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my guess is that when the Mustangs hit the used car market the Falcon will drop value real quick. people holding onto the last falcon might have to wait 40 years just to recover half of the purchase price then probably have to spend near that on maintainance once all the electronics go dry and fail.
a $65k Falcon will have to sell for $440k in 40 years time.....(RBA Inflation calc based on 1975 to 2015)

I bought my FPV cheap, i'll keep it in good condition and i'll probably not make money but i'm sure i won't lose money.
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2016, 10:59 AM   #46
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think only a few people have bought these as investments...

Everyone else is out enjoying them and I think that's true of most members on here.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2016, 11:05 AM   #47
ken1939

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8 View Post
my guess is that when the Mustangs hit the used car market the Falcon will drop value real quick. people holding onto the last falcon might have to wait 40 years just to recover half of the purchase price then probably have to spend near that on maintainance once all the electronics go dry and fail.
a $65k Falcon will have to sell for $440k in 40 years time.....(RBA Inflation calc based on 1975 to 2015)

I bought my FPV cheap, i'll keep it in good condition and i'll probably not make money but i'm sure i won't lose money.

I think you may be right on all points. If we all knew what cars would be collectables, we would all have bought them when. I think of people who grew up with 32 Fords when you could get one for $500. Who had the money? Who had a place to keep them.

I think we can agree there were some special cars built over time. Alot are not. I think when it comes to owning something special, it has to be special to you. For a very special reason. I learned to drive in a 1974 Caprice Estate Wagon. The big 20ft wagon with the clamshell rear. I really loved that wagon. I have been looking for one like it since 1981. Is it a valuable car? Well they only made 30,000 Estate Wagons in 74. Is it a 32 Ford Roadster Pick Up? Nope. Value to me is more. I want to purchase a 2003 BA Falcon XR8 Ute. Its not exactly a XW GTHO, but to me it will be a car that reminds me of Australia, along with my XC Falcon Ute that I will be rebuilding this summer. I don't want them because everyone else here in the US does not have one. I want them because I get them, I get the attraction from your point of view as well.

I would be glad to put 70K away in the bank today, instead of buying a truly shot in the dark hope on that same 70K going to pot in 20 years.
ken1939 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2016, 12:03 PM   #48
XWGT