Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-04-2015, 11:47 PM   #31
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What small to medium size car would you buy?

Check out the BMW 116i which should be close to run out as a new model is on the way. Turbo petrol and 8 speed auto, good power/torque and one of the most economical petrol cars on the market. Be aware that options list can drive the price right up so you may be better off looking at ex demo or up to 30,000km old. Go drive or sit in one and you'll realize those who rate these over rated cheap Korean crap should be in a mental asylum not parroting what the house wife or advertising companies ram down ya throat.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2015, 09:17 AM   #32
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dont doubt your veracity Smoo, you have to admit though, a 7 year warranty does make some people overlook a few short comings in the driving experience.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2015, 10:33 AM   #33
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We've got 1 and 3 series BMWs at work I dont see the appeal in them to be honest.

$55k+ for a car with 100kw that weighs 1400kg doesnt do anything for me. Sure they drive nice, but why would I want to own a car that would have its doors blown off by a Camry.

Same coin gets you in a Falcon with 3x the power.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2015, 02:12 PM   #34
esppwr

The BMW is a bit out of the price range. But to be honest I wouldn't own one in aus. In Europe aftermarket parts are readily available & the cars don't command such a price premium. (Hope the gov changes the new car import laws, it will make all these German stealers honest) My mum wants an A to B car, driving dynamics aren't anywhere on my mums priority list.
esppwr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2015, 04:19 PM   #35
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kia Optima
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post