Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 26-07-2014, 01:34 AM   #31
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What to do with a moron like this guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIONIC MAN View Post
IMO, repeat cases of drink driving and unrego, unlicensed SHOULD have the car confiscated. same provisions as the hoon legislation. I don't care if the cars your mums, boss, friend etc, it would stop people lending these idiots their cars because they would know they risk losing it if they are caught.
While I support throwing the book at hoons, I do not and will never support laws that purport to take people's property away from them.

Hoons should be locked up, not their cars. I'd fully support mandatory jail sentences for repeat hoon offenders. But as far as I'm concerned, stealing other people's property is not on.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
Old 26-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #32
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Unfortunately, old mates disrespect of the law coincides with his total lack of self respect, he's in dgaf mode. To speed through a school zone like that is pure madness, mindless & criminal.

Jail can change his attitude - but depends on his background & how new he is to the system...

Maybe he deserves a clever Chinese way of punishment, a sign around his neck & being paraded in the cbd for a month plus doing some cbd street cleaning - Im sure his attitude will change after that!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
This user likes this post:
Old 26-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #33
Itsme
Experienced Member

It is about time for people to lose their rights when they re offend.

That is the problem with this world, too many rights, just lock them up.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #34
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

while i agree he should be taught some serious lessons and lockin him up might do this but.....i dont see why i have to pay for his *** to be in jail
but then again i have no other solution

so either way
it costs the general population somehow
Old 26-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #35
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Public safety especially to children is paramount. If a wild dog attacks someone we put it down, hell we even put down particular breeds of dogs based on their propensity to injure innocent bystanders, we should be no different with flagrant morons such as this. The fact that this idiot is well known to police and has such a blatant disregard for others warrants extreme action to prevent the chaos this idiot is likely to cause. He clearly needs to be removed from society, as such we either lock him up or put him down.

In PC Australia, neither would occur, so we'll continue on as if nothing has happened and wait until he kills someone, then we'll throw the book at him by giving him a suspended sentence - after all it's worked well for us so far hasn't it?
What we need to do as a society to save us from both flaccid politicians and an out of touch judiciary is to start suing those who enact and practice legislature which has seen the foreseeable outcomes we have come to expect. When it becomes too much of a cost burden on the state budget, action will be taken to prevent these kinds of crimes.

Quote:
Powered by GE
3 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #36
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
While I support throwing the book at hoons, I do not and will never support laws that purport to take people's property away from them.

Hoons should be locked up, not their cars. I'd fully support mandatory jail sentences for repeat hoon offenders. But as far as I'm concerned, stealing other people's property is not on.
So if I do a crime with my gun I can get to keep it, Not likely.
I have no issues cars being taken off owners if proven to be misused.
Old 26-07-2014, 07:03 PM   #37
The FOMOCO

We need to build a large prison for these sort people in the Simpson or Tanami desert and remove the fencing and just hope
Old 26-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #38
bathurst-racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEYBA View Post
The law needs to go hard on people like this. Its the only way they learn and you set the example to the rest of the community.
Unfortunately they will never learn and the people who you wish to set an example to won't learn either. The Law will never be hard on these people because the justice system is unable to cope with the numbers already.

I take these people to court everyday and despair at the waste in resources spent on the dregs of society.
Old 26-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #39
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
1. Depending on the gun, having it may be illegal in the first place, let alone using it to commit a crime.

2. Even if it were legal to own a gun, you wouldn't be able to use it when you're in prison ...
Old 26-07-2014, 11:19 PM   #40
BIONIC MAN
Two turning.. two burning

I was particularly talking about REPEAT offenders having vehicles taken from them..

how often I hear on the local radio, of unlicenced driver caught again speeding/drink driving etc, banned from driving for a further 2 years...bla bla bla..

often over and over again.. if they took the car, he would run out of cars, and friends to lend him cars, pretty quick!
or has been mentioned, lock them up if they repeatedly break the law. its hard to kill people with reckless driving from behind bars...

BLOWN, 2013 FPV GS UTE
TURBO TERRITORY GHIA
545ci XB GS UTE
Daily, 2006 F250 crew cab
BA2 Fairmont Ghia
Old 26-07-2014, 11:54 PM   #41
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
You're thinking about it wrong.

It's as if a murderer gets their gun/knife confiscated, and sent on their merry way. To go out and buy another one, and murder again.

Take a drunks car, and they'll go out and buy/borrow another one and drink drive some more. Fellas like this retard show it's the case, repeat offenders NEED to be locked up as it is shown all the fines confiscations etc. don't work.

Lock up/crush the offender. The car isn't the offender, it's a tool that can be used lawfully or lawlessly.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
3 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #42
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
1. Depending on the gun, having it may be illegal in the first place, let alone using it to commit a crime.

2. Even if it were legal to own a gun, you wouldn't be able to use it when you're in prison ...
Correct, gun would be confiscated as much as the car should be confiscated to try to prevent the fool from re-offending.

Fines & confiscation all the same designed to hit your hip pocket for deterrence.
Old 27-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #43
Nova 8

As much as I hate to say it, you know any law made to deal with these sorts of people will just be abused and be force on the general public. Get caught going 5km over the limit twice, repeat offender and due to idiot xyz case they take your car and the charge you a crap load to get it back.
Old 27-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #44
Super Roo 1970
Windsor=Screamer

Jail will only be an effective deterrent to people as long as the Jail's aren't run like country clubs with a curfew. Jails should be run like they were back in the Alcatraz prison era. Privileges were earned, not just expected as a given.

Common sense has also gone totally out the window with people and laws today, replaced with duty of care and political correctness. This leaves no real consequences for any wrong actions someone may do, and with little parity or logic given to penalty severity.
All the repeat offenders need to do is play dumb or act up like they have issues to get off lightly on most things, while the more honest people who might make one bad call or mistake cop the full works.
3 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #45
Brendo_GSUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Unfortunately, old mates disrespect of the law coincides with his total lack of self respect, he's in dgaf mode. To speed through a school zone like that is pure madness, mindless & criminal.

Jail can change his attitude - but depends on his background & how new he is to the system...

Maybe he deserves a clever Chinese way of punishment, a sign around his neck & being paraded in the cbd for a month plus doing some cbd street cleaning - Im sure his attitude will change after that!

cheers, Maka
So true. Someone taking that many risks doesnt care about themselves or anyone else needs some sence in them ASAP.

Im a fan of making people who are young or repeat offenders getting drafted into the militatry to understand a bit of dicipline and what its like to be a functioning member of society.

Expect to see more of the people who dont understand boundaries due to "modern" parenting methods these days such as no smacking and the child reasoning and reward techniques.

Im looking to swap my chrome roll bars and soft tonneau with the cut outs on my GS ute for just the normal FG FPV soft tonneau cover. Basically i want to do away with the chome bars

Im from Perth so it would be easier if someone from Perth is willing as well. I will drive to you as well.
Old 27-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #46
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

And to think that this generation is going to breed.....................scary............
Old 27-07-2014, 10:18 PM   #47
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by data_mine View Post
You're thinking about it wrong.

It's as if a murderer gets their gun/knife confiscated, and sent on their merry way. To go out and buy another one, and murder again.

Take a drunks car, and they'll go out and buy/borrow another one and drink drive some more. Fellas like this retard show it's the case, repeat offenders NEED to be locked up as it is shown all the fines confiscations etc. don't work.

Lock up/crush the offender. The car isn't the offender, it's a tool that can be used lawfully or lawlessly.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu
Fines & confiscation all the same designed to hit your hip pocket for deterrence.
And jail isn't a deterrent? They can't very well offend when they're locked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Roo 1970
Jail will only be an effective deterrent to people as long as the Jail's aren't run like country clubs with a curfew. Jails should be run like they were back in the Alcatraz prison era. Privileges were earned, not just expected as a given.

Common sense has also gone totally out the window with people and laws today, replaced with duty of care and political correctness. This leaves no real consequences for any wrong actions someone may do, and with little parity or logic given to penalty severity.
On this point, I agree.
Old 27-07-2014, 10:38 PM   #48
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo_GSUte View Post
So true. Someone taking that many risks doesnt care about themselves or anyone else needs some sence in them ASAP.

Im a fan of making people who are young or repeat offenders getting drafted into the militatry to understand a bit of dicipline and what its like to be a functioning member of society.

Expect to see more of the people who dont understand boundaries due to "modern" parenting methods these days such as no smacking and the child reasoning and reward techniques.

Good idea that & probably we will see it happen very soon!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Old 27-07-2014, 10:49 PM   #49
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
This.
And jail isn't a deterrent? They can't very well offend when they're locked up.
You are learning, most will have time to think while serving their sentence & hopefully will not re-offend.
Old 28-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #50
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo_GSUte View Post

Don't think for a minute that the armed forces want to play the disciplinarian role by drafting offenders young or otherwise.

People like this repeat drink driver have always been around and thankfully are a minority. This thread has a lot in common with ACA and their endless repeat cycle of dole cheats, dodgy businesses and conmen.
Old 28-07-2014, 08:43 PM   #51
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty4 View Post
Sober...................and possibly cured.
It's not drugs it's marginalized groups (which leads to drugs/crimes). Which are created by bringing out the hammer. Some people don't actually even know how to feel good or ever had that golden egg, they've only experienced negative feedback from people their whole life and know no better. If they knew what life was actually meant to feel like then they simply wouldn't be like that.. lol!

As for the hammer... http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0724094207.htm

People wouldn't be like this if it wasn't for how others treated them throughout their lifetime. Real facts top your right wing bigotry. Glad to clear up that caveman ideology.

These people actually deserve sympathy and the "abusers" should be grateful they're not getting Adam Lanza on their doorstep for what they did to his life (physically ie dna as you can see). This is what you get for distressing, marginalizing and rejecting people from an equal shot at like for no good reason. Here's a solution how about don't do it and put your stupid problem hammer down? All those kids you bullied into mental illness to build your self image from in your school days are now entitled to your money if you're lucky. Moreso the house and wife you denied them by abusing them into the very illness that created those incapacities. Moreso entitled to put you in the same mental state and deny you the same quality of life you denied them.

If you're responsible for destroying someone then you're lucky enough for them to not destroy you back and deny you the same good health. Then you could at least not ***** about having to compensate them for the damage you've caused when you should be trading quality of lives to receive proper justice.

Like I said in another thread just watch this escalate crime. Only an incredibly stupid person would try and fix an abuse derived condition with more abuse and belittlement. Like Murdoch they fuel their persona's with self inflated gas instead of basic intelligence and rationale.

So bring out that hammer and watch your wallet come out as well.
Old 28-07-2014, 08:56 PM   #52
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

everybody else's fault bar himself.............boo hoo...."feel sorry for me time again",........lock the ***** up and throw away the key, if he does it again upon release, shoot him.

enough of the softly softly do gooder approach........we ALL have choices, those that choose to go against society don't deserve societies offerings.

the armed services don't want these inbred feral halfwits........they want men, not dole bludging halfwits who can't even hold a job.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
2 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2014, 08:58 PM   #53
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol I notice that study I referenced uses the word "maltreatment". So what does the hammer accomplish exactly?

I don't think the far right is capable of comprehending that part of the dictionary.. I guess that's why all their journalists get swept up by newscorp. The small minded people with strong opinions have to get their voice somewhere.

Now excuse me while I get my daily laugh and go read "The Australian" LOL WHAT A JOKE OF A PAPER these neanderthals are supposed to have private educations and be non biased small minded cretins instead of biased ones.
Old 28-07-2014, 09:11 PM   #54
Nova 8

So its societies fault that someone is a criminal? So someone breaks the law we should be kind to them, just driving offenses or pedophiles and murders too? By the same logical then the "abusers" are not to be blamed either cause something must have caused them to be like how they are. This means no one is guilty, always pointing the finger at someone else, or does this only apply if the victim is a bit delicate and fails to act like someone would within the normal bounds of society?

People can always make the choice to change their situation, people do it every day. Smokers quit smoking, drunks quit the drink, bludgers get jobs and so on. People who repeatably go outside of the bounds of the society they live in are too be held accountable for their actions by said society. Gaol is a perfectly reasonable response to the man in question in this thread.
Old 28-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #55
Nova 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR View Post
lol I notice that study I referenced uses the word "maltreatment". So what does the hammer accomplish exactly?
It protects the INNOCENT from HIS actions, but I guess when he hits another car and kills someone that's not his fault neither, its societies... Maybe he can simply name the bully from school and we will charge that person with murder instead....
Old 28-07-2014, 09:17 PM   #56
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR View Post
It's not drugs it's marginalized groups (which leads to drugs/crimes). Which are created by bringing out the hammer. Some people don't actually even know how to feel good or ever had that golden egg, they've only experienced negative feedback from people their whole life and know no better. If they knew what life was actually meant to feel like then they simply wouldn't be like that.. lol!

As for the hammer... http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0724094207.htm

People wouldn't be like this if it wasn't for how others treated them throughout their lifetime. Real facts top your right wing bigotry. Glad to clear up that caveman ideology.

These people actually deserve sympathy and the "abusers" should be grateful they're not getting Adam Lanza on their doorstep for what they did to his life (physically ie dna as you can see). This is what you get for distressing, marginalizing and rejecting people from an equal shot at like for no good reason. Here's a solution how about don't do it and put your stupid problem hammer down? All those kids you bullied into mental illness to build your self image from in your school days are now entitled to your money if you're lucky. Moreso the house and wife you denied them by abusing them into the very illness that created those incapacities. Moreso entitled to put you in the same mental state and deny you the same quality of life you denied them.

If you're responsible for destroying someone then you're lucky enough for them to not destroy you back and deny you the same good health. Then you could at least not ***** about having to compensate them for the damage you've caused when you should be trading quality of lives to receive proper justice.

Like I said in another thread just watch this escalate crime. Only an incredibly stupid person would try and fix an abuse derived condition with more abuse and belittlement. Like Murdoch they fuel their persona's with self inflated gas instead of basic intelligence and rationale.

So bring out that hammer and watch your wallet come out as well.
Can you take you, and everyone like you, and please exit Australia?
Or whatever the hell we live in these days?

Dick from OP needs a bullet.
Old 28-07-2014, 09:17 PM   #57
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's only one type of person I've ever met that would "choose" this type of lifestyle and it's the perfectly healthy adrenaline junkie with no respect that treats everyone/thing around him like life is his own game. They do have a mental issue themselves as it's not normal but they're in perfect health with no real deficits inhibiting their ability. They just have very different/aloof idea on what life should be and hate the idea of anything cliche (planning, wife kids etc). They choose to alienate themselves from everyone because they want to feel special and being a normal part of society is too lack luster for them. I don't think people with autisms and downs choose to be marginalized though so make sure you're not unfairly abusing other groups.
Old 28-07-2014, 09:18 PM   #58
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
Can you take you, and everyone like you, and please exit Australia?
Or whatever the hell we live in these days?

Dick from OP needs a bullet.
No go join Murdoch land you're the dying bred.

There's no place for your archaic apathy in this day and age.
Old 28-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #59
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont understand your fancy words.
But I think I understand your point of view.
Are you a communist aswell?
Old 28-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #60
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova 8 View Post
It protects the INNOCENT from HIS actions, but I guess when he hits another car and kills someone that's not his fault neither, its societies... Maybe he can simply name the bully from school and we will charge that person with murder instead....
Well yes in this case as he's endangering others... (well actually he'll just be released in a couple yrs to continue endangering others). But bringing out the hammer on everyone disadvantaged like they're currently doing with the dole will only escalate crime not to mention the nazism if it all.