Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-05-2014, 11:35 PM   #31
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Default Re: Ford Ranger Closing in on Toyota HiLux After Becoming Top Pick-up Challenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
When is the new Hilux released? Because there is bugger all info about when the next one will be out. No prototypes, no concepts, no sneak peaks, which means its still years away.

However a new Navara is only a few months away.
http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and...83272_20140422
More pics in link.

Quote:
2016 Toyota HiLux | spy shots

By Malcolm Flynn
Carsguide
22 April 2014

Not expected on sale until 2016, eagle-eyed Carsguide reader Colin Ozzie Wiese snapped the two prototypes parked in Ballarat, and appear to represent entry grade 2WD and high-riding 4WD dual-cab models.

The lower 2WD model is wearing ‘Caution Left Hand Drive’ signage on the rear, suggesting that the mules’ presence is part of the new HiLux’s global evaluation.

The HiLux prototypes appear to be wearing production head and taillights, with the 4WD mule wearing what looks to be a Toyota Genuine Accessories bullbar with added driving lights.

The frontal styling of the new model looks to follow the muscular detailing of the new Kluger SUV, while also referencing the full-size Tundra truck sold in the US.

A deeper rear window can be seen, and the new model looks to continue with the current model’s slanted tailgate design, with the upright taillights featuring similar blocky detailing to the current Prado SUV.

The taillights also appear to wrap around to the bodyside more than previous models, following a similar but inverted approach to the current Mazda BT-50.

The two mules are pictured alongside a current-model SR5 4WD dual cab and Ford Ranger XTR dual cab, with the two production models likely being used by engineers as a benchmark for the new model.

The current seventh-generation model was the third best-selling car on the Australian market in 2013, despite being on sale locally since early 2005, and continues to outsell the Ford Ranger, Mitsubishi Triton and Nissan Navara at the top end of the light commercial ute segment in 2014.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2014, 03:59 AM   #32
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default Re: Ford Ranger Closing in on Toyota HiLux After Becoming Top Pick-up Challenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
I hope they have fixed the supply problem.
I wanted one but they couldn't supply for months!
I was in a position that I couldn't wait that long so ended up with a Hilux.
exact same for me.
ended up going for the comfy option

mind you theres a reputable guy on here who swears he can get you any ranger you want anywhere by the weeks end. Funny, I don't remember seeing im in the ranger section offering to help out the threads full of guys waiting

totally didn't blame ford for the wait tho....I respect its an amazing truck and therefore under heavy demand
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #33
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
exact same for me.
ended up going for the comfy option

mind you theres a reputable guy on here who swears he can get you any ranger you want anywhere by the weeks end. Funny, I don't remember seeing im in the ranger section offering to help out the threads full of guys waiting

totally didn't blame ford for the wait tho....I respect its an amazing truck and therefore under heavy demand
I'm over not getting the Ranger - maybe next time.
11 months and 36000km later I'm happy with the Lux.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: