Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #31
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Default Re: VFACTS October 2013

Are we sure that Holden have actually sold these vehicles?

I mean, they've done this before, the whole - my dicks bigger than yours to toyota. Register the vehicle and it's been sold, according to vfacts.

Wait and see how many, low Km, discounted vehicles are put onto lots and internet web pages.
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #32
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
is it a problem? if they are building flat out and selling everything they build world wide, i fail to see how that can be construed as a problem. if so, its a very good problem to have.
It is called a supply rate or more to the point a low supply rate in Rangers case. This would be a key measurement tool for any business with Ford’s product & size.

The company I work for had an aged inventory problem about 12-18 months ago & cutting inventory levels was the big target we had to meet. We did that, but supply rate dropped & we lost sales because of it & now increasing supply rate is the latest thing!!

However, I guess it is better to sell everything you build, than have them sitting around collecting dust.

Quote:
sorry, i don't agree. if demand is outstripping supply in your business, then you would be a very happy business owner.

australia is a little island out in the middle of the ocean. if they ship 2500 units here, give or take, and sell all of them, i fail to see the problem.

its the same with focus. its the biggest selling car in the world, and australians buy about 1000 of them. if they didn't sell a single unit in australia, then they would probably still be the biggest selling car in the world or at least still up the pointy end. australian sales aren't really that critical to the big picture. if they bring in x amount, and sell x amount, then they have done what they set out to do.
Regardless of Australia's size, every sale matters & Ford wants to sell as many cars as people will buy. If Ford is losing sales over a very long time frame (don’t forget this has been going on for over 18 months with Ranger) because they can't supply, then Ford is not doing a good enough job & they need to address it. How else will Ford grow if they don’t increase capacity?

Last edited by Joe5619; 03-11-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #33
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya View Post
Are we sure that Holden have actually sold these vehicles?

I mean, they've done this before, the whole - my dicks bigger than yours to toyota. Register the vehicle and it's been sold, according to vfacts.

Wait and see how many, low Km, discounted vehicles are put onto lots and internet web pages.
Holden registered a lot of VEs in September, nearly all of those vehciles went to fleet buyers.

I dunno if dealers would be ready for a repeat show but it's possible with the number of base SSs at dealerships,
it sounds like everyone now wants SS-Vs because they are great value, Redline is attracted fewer sales than expected.

Last month fleets did jump on board with quite a few Evokes so it's possible that 3300 is sales not just registrations.

Re Ranger Thailand production, you can't sell what you don't have - very few 3.2 diesel autos.
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #34
prydey
Rob

without knowing details of the thailand line rate its all just speculation. i'd rather ship 2500 here and sell most of them, than bring 3000 here and have supply outstrip demand.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #35
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yeh Ford Australia need to commit to as many cars as possible to get them for the right pricing point. If they don't meet targets then they don't get approved wholesale costs or stock numbers.

In the case of the Ranger they are slowly catching up except for some Auto models and Wildtrak. They could potentially sell more Wildtraks but who to is questionable, would they only be upselling XLT owners or pulling people from other brand (Amorak is probably the main competitor to the Wildtrak).

One company that has a stock over supply is Nissan. Its estimated that they have around 30,000 cars sitting in Australia at the moment in their stock and in dealer stock. Expect to sell some cheap deals on Pulsar, Navara and Dualis coming up to Christmas.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #36
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Holden registered a lot of VEs in September, nearly all of those vehciles went to fleet buyers.

I dunno if dealers would be ready for a repeat show but it's possible with the number of base SSs at dealerships,
it sounds like everyone now wants SS-Vs because they are great value, Redline is attracted fewer sales than expected.

Last month fleets did jump on board with quite a few Evokes so it's possible that 3300 is sales not just registrations.

Re Ranger Thailand production, you can't sell what you don't have - very few 3.2 diesel autos.
I cant believe the amount of VEII Omega's the QLD police just took delivery of (run out VE's) someone has had them sitting some where waiting for them with police packs for the last 6 months. They must have got some mega discounts on them to get rid of old parts etc.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #37
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongwaynorris View Post
Imagine what the numbers would be if you could actually get one , supply is the ONLY limiting factor to Ranger sales at the moment .
Yep... And if Ford actually priced models correctly... E.g. 3.2 Litre Auto 4x4 Single Cabs are pretty much as dear as a dual cab? What the **** is with that?
Old 04-11-2013, 01:39 AM   #38
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post
Disappointing to not see the Focus in the top 10. That car needs to perform better!
I recently hired a car in Nth Qld from Hertz did not see any Focus cars for hire in any of the hire car companies all they had were I30 Hyundai’s in the size I needed. After a week in the car and have read some good reports by the motoring press the car was a fairly ordinary drive the steering was vague excessive engine and tyre noise in the cabin and the tyres on the car were very poor in grip on the tight roads. So I guess Hyundai sales are mainly to fleets maybe because of cheap running costs that put it over the Focus or Cruze.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:29 AM   #39
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry, but if you're selling 2500 a month, but have the potential to sell 3500 per month but do nothing to boost supply, your business wouldn't last very long and it is not a good problem to have. As a company they need to grow their customer base and at the moment there are a number of people walking over to other brands because they can't get what they want from Ford.

Let's assume an ever age sale price of $45,000, and a loss of 500 sales per month due to under supply, that's a lost $22,500,000 in sales. Can be as tiny an island as you want, but in anyone's language that's a lot of cash going elsewhere...
Adamz Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #40
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
Sorry, but if you're selling 2500 a month, but have the potential to sell 3500 per month but do nothing to boost supply, your business wouldn't last very long and it is not a good problem to have. As a company they need to grow their customer base and at the moment there are a number of people walking over to other brands because they can't get what they want from Ford.

Let's assume an ever age sale price of $45,000, and a loss of 500 sales per month due to under supply, that's a lost $22,500,000 in sales. Can be as tiny an island as you want, but in anyone's language that's a lot of cash going elsewhere...

firstly, it is pure speculation that they could sell more if they had them, and secondly, they are selling well north 2500/month globally.

do you know what it would cost them to up the line rate in thailand? its all speculation, so i maintain that if they are selling everything they build (and they are building plenty) then that is a good problem.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #41
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
firstly, it is pure speculation that they could sell more if they had them, and secondly, they are selling well north 2500/month globally.

do you know what it would cost them to up the line rate in thailand? its all speculation, so i maintain that if they are selling everything they build (and they are building plenty) then that is a good problem.
Its pure speculation that they are "selling every one they build" as well.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #42
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wouldn't cost as much to up the line rate than it would make them in profit. Otherwise no one would be in business... And of course it's speculation, but when you have a waiting list that hasn't gone away it's safe to say they would be selling more...
Old 04-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #43
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In reference to your point, I agree that demand outstripping supply is a great short term problem to have, long term it will just cost customers and cash...
Old 04-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #44
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
Its pure speculation that they are "selling every one they build" as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia
but when you have a waiting list that hasn't gone away it's safe to say they would be selling more...
actually i didn't think of that. perhaps the waiting lists are simply due to buyers wanting models that aren't here. perhaps the imported model mix isn't quite right. pretty much every dealership i drive past (admittedly its not many on my commute in adelaide) has rangers on display, so i'm guessing if you want one that matches what they have on the floor, you wouldn't have to wait.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #45
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What are Falcon, Fiesta, Focus, Kuga and Mondeo sales figures ?? please
Old 04-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #46
blk6t

I'm sort of torn I guess, I would love to see Falcon's selling in higher numbers, however looking at the industry continuing to operate, it would be better see growth in Toyota and Holden.

I mean the possibility of Holden and Toyota growing again and increasing manufacturing may bring support and relief to those affected by Ford reducing and eventually stopping manufacturing.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #47
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Still no real figures?
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #48
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
actually i didn't think of that. perhaps the waiting lists are simply due to buyers wanting models that aren't here. perhaps the imported model mix isn't quite right. pretty much every dealership i drive past (admittedly its not many on my commute in adelaide) has rangers on display, so i'm guessing if you want one that matches what they have on the floor, you wouldn't have to wait.
Ford are building them in two plants and they are working flat out. But your right the wait is for certain model configs. Seems that the auto is popular, not sure why as its a bit of a let down when you drive it.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #49
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongwaynorris View Post
Imagine what the numbers would be if you could actually get one , supply is the ONLY limiting factor to Ranger sales at the moment .
Sorry mate, but apart from wildtrak, there arent any. 3.2 autos are on their way in a huge way.
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #50
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Yep... And if Ford actually priced models correctly... E.g. 3.2 Litre Auto 4x4 Single Cabs are pretty much as dear as a dual cab? What the **** is with that?
This is more the issue. Ford are in la la land with pricing hence the pathatic kuga number too. You reckon they would have learned from the previous model kuga wouldnt you. Not Ford, thats why they are where they are. Love the products not so the people that pitch it to the public.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #51
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post
. Not Ford, thats why they are where they are.
yeah, sucks to be ford. out of 60+ brands in australia they are top 5, and globally they are right up there as a brand and auto manufacturer. yep, they have no clue!
4 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #52
Bossxr8
Peter Car

If they are so good at selling cars why have their sales dropped year after year for the last decade or so. They are getting beaten by their competition left and right in terms of sales numbers, and it makes it even worse when they have superior vehicles than what their rivals outsell them with.

Focus, the highest selling car in the world, and they can't even get it into the monthly top 10 sellers here, as an example.

Ford are doing very well globally but they could be doing much better here.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #53
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Still no real figures?
Real numbers come on the 3rd working day of the new month. Today is working day 2, so we should get them tomorrow.
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #54
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
yeah, sucks to be ford. out of 60+ brands in australia they are top 5, and globally they are right up there as a brand and auto manufacturer. yep, they have no clue!
They are also a brand that has lost the highest percentage of market share in the last 8 years. Does that tell you something? The brand Ford has excelled globally and will continue to do so however its the opposite for australia. Hope that tells you something too. There is no harm in telling it how it is. I love the cars but the brand in austalia is suffering and someone at Ford needs to accept it and steer the ship in the right direction.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #55
Struggo

Quote:
sorry, i don't agree. if demand is outstripping supply in your business, then you would be a very happy business owner..
Well that all depends on your products life cycle, I'm sure most whom purchased elsewhere wont be looking at a Ranger again for 2-3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
If they are so good at selling cars why have their sales dropped year after year for the last decade or so. They are getting beaten by their competition left and right in terms of sales numbers, and it makes it even worse when they have superior vehicles than what their rivals outsell them with.
Agree, the brand is on the nose and is losing ground. Most on here know the merits of its product line up, however the message is not reaching the masses.

Side Note: Just had a look online (Ford AU) and all falcon latest offering pricing is no longer there, maybe an aggressive push to move excess stock before the end of the year is about to start.

http://www.ford.com.au/latest-offers/sydney/new-falcon
Struggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #56
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Check out BMW deals !! My daughter just bought a 116i , auto, convenience package, aluminium interior finishes, business navigation package, advanced parking package. 5 year warranty, 3 year servicing, road side assist, paint protection and window tint, carpet mats, 17" alloys, slim line plates....$47k driveaway and only a 2 week wait!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #57
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
Ford are building them in two plants and they are working flat out. But your right the wait is for certain model configs. Seems that the auto is popular, not sure why as its a bit of a let down when you drive it.
Three plants, Thailand, South Africa and South America.

I was on a bus to the Ford Go Further presentation, sat next to a major fleet buyer
who went to order 125 Rangers but had to be 3.2 Auto, Ford could only supply 5 so he went to Toyota.
That's the kind of example we're seeing over and over with the industry, you either supply or miss out.
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #58
GT014

Stats Meant to be released today, guess tomo now because of public holiday
Old 06-11-2013, 04:13 AM   #59
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
Apparently they looked at very seriously, but the numbers just couldnt add up.
Yeah pretty sure that was when ford and Mazda both put in 100millish to upgrade the Thai plants last yeah for extra ranger/bt50 numbers. Don't quote me on numbers.(some clowns love doin that)
And there's a new plant in the US, nearly finished for ranger.....so yes they are doing plenty to fix these supply issues. It's a good problem to have

Last edited by 1TUFFUTE; 06-11-2013 at 04:31 AM.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2013, 04:23 AM   #60
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post

Do nothing....? Read my above comments. That's just a brief version!
And I'm pretty sure it's not the end of the world when ford has to tell customers the waiting line is long because the car is sooooo good they can't make enough.
I know I was impressed when I was shopping for one and found out the facts from the dealers as to why the waiting lists were as long as they were.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post