Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #31
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LandRover driver gets attacked from Bikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Ha, there's a link in there for donations to assist with his medical bills.
Where do we contribute to Alex Liens defence fund because you can bet your bottom dollar some bottom feeding lawyer will want to represent these vermin in a civil suit .
Old 02-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #32
cool65
carefactor zero

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justi...601619?fref=ts 14000+ likes in 24 hours

Bit of a frenzy going on here

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Ale...ficial?fref=ts 570 likes in 24 hours

Last edited by cool65; 02-10-2013 at 04:36 PM. Reason: double post
cool65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #33
Xauterus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

More good public relations for motorcycle riders. That fiasco must be doing their cause a lot of good world wide.
Xauterus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #34
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xauterus View Post
More good public relations for motorcycle riders. That fiasco must be doing their cause a lot of good world wide.
Sadly this is true , in October 1984 I was stationary in traffic on the Harbour Bridge on a KR250A1 in bright lime green and white leathers when some clown yelled " Shot anyone lately ?"
Old 02-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #35
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongwaynorris View Post
Sadly this is true , in October 1984 I was stationary in traffic on the Harbour Bridge on a KR250A1 in bright lime green and white leathers when some clown yelled " Shot anyone lately ?"
What was the answer? Haha.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #36
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The most frightening part of the whole video clip was right at the end when the dude starts repeatedly smashing the drivers side window with his helmet. The Range Rover driver obviously couldn't go forwards anywhere, and I'm amazed that he didn't totally panic and mount the kerb or something which could have caused carnage.

If I were in the driver's shoes, I would have genuinely feared for my life at that moment, and would most likely have whacked the car into reverse and planted the foot. The bikes behind would have been toast. People probably would have been killed. Ugly stuff, but could have been so much worse.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #37
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Still like to know what happened to start it all off...did the riders do something, or did the Rangie driver do something stupid?

Depending on the answer to that question, the whole thing can be viewed in one of two ways.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #38
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Still like to know what happened to start it all off...did the riders do something, or did the Rangie driver do something stupid?

Depending on the answer to that question, the whole thing can be viewed in one of two ways.

this mob are well known for just causing chaos for the fun of it, have a look at a few posts about them on facebook and youtube, they are doing it all the time.

I can see only one way to view them.......mindless thug's who should be hunted down and jailed.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #39
creative
I am Batman

as I said on another forum, no sympathy for the bikies.

brake test a RR and get hit. driver stops and is surrounded with people trying to get in the car. having your familiy in there, I would of done the same. At the end when the helmet comes through the window, reverse would be engaged and the accelerator pressed, no matter who was behind me and I would sleep sound knowing I did what I can to protect my family no matter how many were run over.

now the driver of the RR is beaten to a pulp and slashed in front of his family. (so the bikers were armed, nice bike rally that one).
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #40
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hope the RR driver is ok.

Even if the RR did something wrong, the way the bikers acted was completely pathetic.
If it was a biker by himself, surely he would of yelled abuse at the car, then carried on with his day. But because they had the whole mob mentality going they thought they were invincible.

I read that the biker who was paralyzed was not messing around with the car, but helping another injured biker.
If that's the case, it's his bike riding mates who caused him to be paralyzed, because it was their antics what forced the Range Rover driver to flee.
So really the bikers attacking the car are the root cause of most of the injuries that day.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #41
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Without knowing what started this , this is an extremely stupid statement . What if a kilometre back up the street he deliberately drove or attempted to drive into one of the bikes . It has happened to me before.

Just after posting this I looked at Trevors post and watched Pottery Beiges link . On balance it would appear these ********* gather on a regular basis to terrorise motorists for the hell of it . The photo showing the injured guy wearing a Nazi helmet which pretty much says it all for me . There is still no concrte proof just how this started sadly . This is the very reason I have a camera in my car .
Stand by my statement 100%

If you can't see the reality that's fine.

Lets see what the US justice system says. ..
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #42
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good work, I laughed when he went over the top of those morons, Range Rover V motorbike, mmm Range Rover wins.
Who do these clowns think they are, take command of the roads, blocking off traffic so they can go crazy. Notice half the bikes had no rego plates, obviously flouting the law and don't give a damn because they're in a pack.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #43
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
More video of these bikers acting like the run the place. Haven't watched them all but seen them do many stupid things including riding of footpaths to get through traffic.
http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/ill...nge-1436878129

Found this supposedly written by a NY truck driver.
Quote:
Here is some additional information you all might want to read. This is my personal experience with this situation. I made sure to post this on the support site as well. As a trucker that would deliver in north jersey and New York I am familiar with these gangs. I can hopefully clarify a few things. First the initial "accident" is part of a game they play. They ride in a huge group and will operate together to slow down traffic. Next they pick out high end vehicles targeting people with families in them, the targets will usually be white or Asian. Then one of the riders will do a "brake check" and stop suddenly in front of the target vehicle causing a minor bump. In some cases they will just roll back into their target vehicle. They will then mob the vehicle demanding money and or begin attacking the person inside. It is their practice to also slash the tires to prevent the vehicle from escaping. Truckers are well aware of them and are advised not to stop. You can clearly see in the video how they are well practiced in this style of attack. The police in NY have backed off them after an officer ran one down using his vehicle a few months back. The video was all over the net so I advise you to check it out. These "bikers" ride dirt bikes and sport bikes very few of which are street legal and even fewer have plates. They run red lights, stop signs, and have no regard for the law. If you are ever in this situation do not stop, immediately call the police and do whatever you have to to keep them from boxing you in. NEVER leave the scene of an accident if you are not under direct threat!!! Only run if you have no other choice, and again immediately call the police. This is not rare by any means, the only reason this incident got any attention is because of the helmet cam video being posted on the net. If you see anyone in this situation, call the police. Make no mistake confusing these punks with true bikers. You will rarely if ever see a member of these gangs on a Harley. Do not for a minute blame true bikers for this kind of behavior. Bikers like those involved in the 2 million Bikers to DC Rally are American Patriots and would be among the first to come to your aid. A final note, always be aware of motorcycles and share the road. Check your mirrors and don't ride anyone's bumper, motorcycles have a much smaller profile then a car and are harder to see.
Also saw a video of NY Police Commissioner saying that on that day they received over 200 calls of complaints about this group.
Anyone should be able to see these guys were not out for a nice peaceful Sunday ride.

Last edited by Ben73; 02-10-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2013, 03:20 AM   #44
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

That's funny that they attack Asians, when they ride jappers.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #45
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO View Post
That's funny that they attack Asians, when they ride jappers.
And wear Nazi helmets being of Hispanic Extraction . In Hitlers Germany he would have been shipped off to a camp . Not the sharpet tools in the shed this lot are they .
Old 03-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #46
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

really?
what could justify the mob chasing, surrounding and attacking the car, the driver and his family?
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #47
cool65
carefactor zero

Same 7 extra videos with some interesting comments at bottom of page

http://www.carthrottle.com/7-videos-...-you-to-watch/
cool65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #48
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Once the bikers that are caught are identified their families are going to be paying a very steep price for their behaviour.

As mentioned, I have most of my family living there, some of which work in the justice system. The facts that are currently known are extremely damning on the riders. Once more information about them is released revenge attacks on other family members will quickly follow. With the unfair dismissal laws non-existent there, some family members will be instantly sacked from their employment due to their connection (fair or not, this will happen). Ugly incident, some people don't have the right to breath oxygen in our world.

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #49
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Ha, there's a link in there for donations to assist with his medical bills.
He should have to confess to his idiocy and identify everyone before getting financial help.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #50
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower View Post
He should have to confess to his idiocy and identify everyone before getting financial help.
Correction , I agree with him identifying his moron mates but he should not get one cent of financial help . I wonder how much his so called mates are going to tip in ?
Old 03-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #51
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah that was the point, what a nerve to suggest anyone out there should help him financially.
I'd rather see him rolled out his hospital bed to the floor and then beaten with a helmet.
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #52
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
I wonder how much his so called mates are going to tip in ?
That depends on how many little old ladies they can roll..............

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #53
BHDOGS
Banned

dammit djr all i ever think when i read your posts is the voice of clint eastwood saying it in my head
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #54
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Without knowing what started this , this is an extremely stupid statement . What if a kilometre back up the street he deliberately drove or attempted to drive into one of the bikes . It has happened to me before.
I can't think why anyone would deliberately drive into you without a reason.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-10-2013, 02:29 AM   #55
Tysonv48
Fairlane Ute

From what's seen in the video it's not the start, the guy in the range rover is a dick head for trying to drive through a pack of bikes and should of backed of like other cars are doing. The range rover panicked and the bikers got ****ed because he's run a few of them down. Range Rover was in the wrong place and looked like he just wanted to barge through.
Tysonv48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2013, 03:08 AM   #56
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
They ride in a huge group and will operate together to slow down traffic.
They do that here too. I remember almost ten years ago, on my way to the doctors, was doing 100k limit, and having a lead bike overtake me, roll right out of it down to 70, letting all the other bikes pass, hold me there till they got a bit of distance, then they accelerate away. This was on a country road, single lane both ways, and if I tried to re-overtake that first bike, he would have just twisted the grip to prevent it anyway. A car cant match a bike (with exceptions on both sides of course) in acceleration.

When these guys get together, and its not always a "Gang" or "Club" per-se, this happens. Its no different where you are, they think they own the road, and trying to teach them a lesson using your car will never work, because you cant outrun a bike let alone 20 of them. So you will have a big problem.

Dont get me wrong, I am too about to hop on a bike, and known mates who riden bikes for years too. But they never do this crap.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2013, 06:04 AM   #57
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
I can't think why anyone would deliberately drive into you without a reason.
Neither can I but it happened , twice .
Old 04-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #58
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Quote:
Neither can I but it happened , twice .
I can vouch for one time--when we were leaving Bathurst last year.

It may not have been deliberate, but there was no reason for it to have happened and the bloke who did it obviously didn't care.

(This was truck hitting trailer, though.)
Old 04-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #59
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysonv48 View Post
From what's seen in the video it's not the start, the guy in the range rover is a dick head for trying to drive through a pack of bikes and should of backed of like other cars are doing. The range rover panicked and the bikers got ****ed because he's run a few of them down. Range Rover was in the wrong place and looked like he just wanted to barge through.
There's a video that shows earlier footage. The bikes swarmed the Range Rover, moved in front and closed him in. One even slowed in front so closely that he bumped the bike. The bikers were also apparently banging on the Range Rover. The bloke got scared and nailed it. To be honest, I wouldn't be hanging around either, especially with wife and kids in the car.

The bikers thought they could own the road and block everyone....GTFO....
Old 04-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #60
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

I hope the state authorities crack right down on that mob & declare them a illegal organisation. Now!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post