Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #31
Chay87

Default Re: AFF at the Ford Australia Go Further event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
Thanks for the write-up and shots guys. New Mondeo does look great BUT no matter which way you slice and dice it, there ain't no way this vehicle will kick **** like an FPV does...nothing even remotely like it

Not everyone wants a "little bit too environmentally PC and dare I say it girly" Mondeo or a 2 door Mustang, and Ford think the market for a big boofy four door large sedan with a really proper engine is dead. Makes me sad they are soon to abandon this segment that I've grown to love. The future from where I sit and my perspective and motoring desires regarding Ford is bleak.
I'm with you Rodge, every car maker needs a car that can fit 5 people in it, with 4 doors and the shopping in the boot and still launch everyone into the seats when the pedal is full throttle. I only watched to see the falcon and they only talked about it for barely a minute then moved on. No everyone cares about fuel usage and smaller engines they will never replace the sound, fun and enjoyment V8s bring.
Upgraded Sound System
Chay87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #32
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

I sat next to a major fleet buyer on the bus going to the event, he tells me that he ordered
125 Rangers to lease to the mines, the mines now refusing Hilux because of safety regulations.
Ford could only deliver five, auto transmissions are in such tight supply it's killing Ranger big time...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #33
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great write up & pics guys. Thanks for representing the forums & giving us a run down on what happened.

Despite the death of the falcon, the future is looking bright for Ford with the new line up, finally we have a decent variety of cars in Australia as opposed to just different versions of falcons (yes there are other cars apart from falcons that ford build, lol).

By the look of that ecoboost 1L we have found the replacement for displacement & its easy on the juice. it sounds great in the formula ford as well. I'd rather one of those than a prius or volt.

It defiantly looks as though for is no longer concerned very much with the falcon, a bit like the old toy in the toy box.
Even when you go into a dealer they aren't trying to sell them. I was in a dealers the other day & was eyeing off an XR6. Then the sales man said why do you want that, the focus ST has more technology, its faster & more fuel efficient & only $5k more.
Sure he was trying to make more money but he did have a point, the focus ST is a more attractive buy than an old technology, thirsty falcon, that doesn't go as fast or handle as well as the focus.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 12:03 AM   #34
Buntz
Straight Eight

The Mondeo looks great in that Sliver. Hopefully the last Falcon will have that same colour.

As for the Everest that was designed here. It would have looked better with the Ranger face on it. 'Merican's think it looks like a Dodge Durango, and it's not hard to see why:

Last edited by Buntz; 15-08-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Buntz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #35
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chay87 View Post
I'm with you Rodge, every car maker needs a car that can fit 5 people in it, with 4 doors and the shopping in the boot and still launch everyone into the seats when the pedal is full throttle. I only watched to see the falcon and they only talked about it for barely a minute then moved on. No everyone cares about fuel usage and smaller engines they will never replace the sound, fun and enjoyment V8s bring.
They fly the top brass out and tell everyone how great the new American made product will be and spend less than a minute on the 2014 updated Falcon and to rub salt into the wound don't even show existing FPV customers the respect of confirming one way or the other whether there will be a new FPV model next year. Nice for the people that had free flights and the free show and hospitality from Ford, but this sucks for existing FPV customers.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 15-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #36
BDA074

Thanks for the write up. Watched live as well, was very impressed.
Everest looks great and am assuming the Edge will replace the Territory.
Mondeo looks awesome, shame it won't be re-named Fusion...
Would have like more info on Falcon and particularly GT but guess I will have to wait. Teasers look good though.
Old 17-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #37
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post

Thanks again for the opportunity AFF - the only forum represented AFAIK which raised a bit of interest.

Cheers, Rob
Sorry but there were other forums present.