Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #31
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 
Default Re: Smash repair whinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by The FOMOCO View Post
A lot of crash shops are greed driven they will tell you just about anything to make sure they win the job. They tend to book in too much work and then guess what!! you get the run around .If your car is an insurance job and you feel your being mucked around by the crash shop get onto your assessor they don't like the insurance company getting annoyed with them. Make sure you have a very good look at the quality of the workman ship before you take the vehicle home,If its not satisfactory leave it there .I hope your car is just a parts shortage issue good luck.
Yep, and every maccas worker spits in your food and police are just there to annoy us. What do you do for a crust?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #32
stace650

I pick up the car this arvo, so haven't seen the repair job yet. But the smash repair staff have been really polite and helpful so far and say the guys have even polished out scratches elsewhere on the car free of charge. I don't think they've been stalling, I think it's just a matter of parts taking a while to arrive. We get used to that in Perth. Not everything is in stock at all times.

I can wait.

'63 Mercury Meteor
Long and slow
stace650 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #33
Legit290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate when mine was done they had to wait for a new front bar to be made.
Legit290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #34
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Nath deserve's a Technical Contributor award for his willingness to share everything in his vast knowledge of tuning EEC-IV and -V Falcons, not to mention engines! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
Try getting a restoration done. Someone I know has a Coupe getting done ..... was to be 12-18 months. 6 years later and things are getting a little bit toey!!!
I know his pain. 5 Years I have been trying to get someone to actually do the job i want on the Valiant ... Paid whatever they wanted (within reason) and had it in and out within 10 weeks!

Money Talks most times if they are not waiting for parts!

My 11 Second AU Fairlane
364w | 225cc CNC | ---/---@0.050 | Morrison Motorsport ITB Manifold | MoTeC M150 (Engine Control) | PCS TCM-2800 (Trans Control) | 6800rpm Stall | 4R75W
FAT245 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #35
V8 6I

I had a part paint job on a car that I wanted done,Quote 2 weeks and $2K turned out to 2 months and $3 K Used the away time to sort out the junk in the garage.
V8 6I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #36
Magee

My G6E has just gone in this week for smash repairs to the front guard and door. I think will factor in double the repair time given to be on the safe side.
Not too worried not having the car as I have found I can walk to work in 35 mins.
Magee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post