Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #31
Cabbage
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VFACTS November 2012

Beats me how the Commodore can out sell the Falcon by so much, yeah I know sheep and all that but the Falcon is streets ahead of the Commodore in looks and drivetrain and edges it comfortably in efficiency. Lets see if the marketing effort makes a difference.
Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #32
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
Beats me how the Commodore can out sell the Falcon by so much, yeah I know sheep and all that but the Falcon is streets ahead of the Commodore in looks and drivetrain and edges it comfortably in efficiency. Lets see if the marketing effort makes a difference.
Commodore sedan + Sportwagon production aligns with Falcon + Territory production...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #33
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
Well if you listen to the many advertising gurus on here then we should see a significant increase in falcon sales shortly...
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #34
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwil View Post
Does anyone know total numbers for falcon and territory YTD?
Falcon

Jan 931
Fab 1192
MAr 1275
Apr 1009
May 1008
Jun 1400
Jul 941
Aug 1353
sep 1188
Oct 1391
Nov 1206

Territory

Jan 804
Feb 1400
mar 1335
Apr 1076
May 1280
Jun 1800
Jul 1084
Aug 1357
Sep 1096
Oct 1227
Nov 1296

Ute

Jan 394
Feb 403
Mar 489
Apr 468
May 584
Jun 600
Jul 397
Aug 536
Sep 531
Oct 499
Nov 44

Total

So we should see just about 35000 sales in 2012, not a bad effort at all...

Actually, add the NZ exports (does anyone know? About 5000 YTD?), and FPV sales and the mark would be closer to the 40000 mark...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/

Last edited by Nikked; 05-12-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #35
Bossxr8
Peter Car

NZ only sells a hundred or so a month, and FPV sales are already included in Falcon sales.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #36
Cabbage
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would be interesting to see the Falcon breakdown between 4cl ecoboost, gas and standard 6. A few more tweaks to the line up and the Falcon will be on its way back, xr8 ute anyone?
Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #37
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it`s good to see ford oz advertising , however it`s dog eat dog out there , the other brands are advertising the crap out of their models, and you`d have to surmise whether the the 0% deals for various other brands are good or not, they seem to be doing the job for them.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #38
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Ford global 3rd 1/4 sales...

Falcon outsells MKS, Territory outsells navigator.

28.Ford Falcon - 4,838
30.Ford Territory - 3,903
31.Lincoln MkS - 2,720
33.Lincoln Navigator - 2,144

note...vfacts have falcon sales at 3482 over the 3rd 1/4...a 1356 difference...could this indicate NZ sales? 450 a month?

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 05-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #39
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Ford global 3rd 1/4 sales...

Falcon outsells MKS, Territory outsells navigator.

28.Ford Falcon - 4,838
30.Ford Territory - 3,903
31.Lincoln MkS - 2,720
33.Lincoln Navigator - 2,144

note...vfacts have falcon sales at 3482 over the 3rd 1/4...a 1356 difference...could this indicate NZ sales? 450 a month?
You do realise that the MKS is just a tarted up Taurus, while the Navigator is a tarted up Ford Expedition. Might as well call the Navigator the Expedition Ghia.

Quote:

Actually, add the NZ exports (does anyone know? About 5000 YTD?), and FPV sales and the mark would be closer to the 40000 mark...
5000 in NZ... more like half that. The NZ new car market is 1/10th the size of ours, and Ford is not as strong over there as it is here.
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #40
OZQUAD44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Falcon sales are promising, especially considering FoA sells the Mondeo which is almost a direct competitor to a falcon. If taking in consideration, size, economy, and style of car.

Makes me wonder what the Falcon proposition would look like if diesel variants, and a wagon existed. I know my business would be all over a diesel falcon like a fat kid on a cookie
OZQUAD44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #41
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Macaulay View Post
Marketing. That's all it is. They just wanted people to believe that they were driving a real Falcon/Commodore competitor rather than a stretched Camry.

Unfortunately, whatever Territory and Falcon Ute sales do, I still believe that Ford as a manufacturer in Australia is doomed. In this brave new world, Ford can no longer afford to have small runs of "orphan" models just for the Australian market.

If, however the American unions "grew up" and recognised what a great car the Falcon (and Territory) are and allowed variants to be sold in sustainable numbers in the US and elsewhere then the thousands of jobs in Geelong and in supplier companies could be saved. That is why Commodore is being a longer lifespan because GM will allow (albeit small numbers) to be sold in America. I just wish Ford would do the same.
i know your new here.... but ford...and me dont really care what your doomsday opinion is. People like you have been blabbing away saying ford and falcon would be dead looooong ago. But its still here...numbers are up...and ford is selling EVERYTHING they build. And as we all know ford tend to have good profit margins...one of the key reasons many believe the large car market is shrinking(high starting prices) And if you pay attention youll hear that ford are still spending money on the current models and their support. Now why would ford do that. DO YOU THINK FORD DOESNT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING?????

And dont compare support GM and ford give their australian branches...because Ford US actually isnt owned by the tax payer blah blah blah...you get my point. They obviously know what their doing to survive in such a hard time off their own backs and not the governments bailouts.

So dont worry ...ford know what they r doin bro
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #42
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZQUAD44 View Post
Falcon sales are promising, especially considering FoA sells the Mondeo which is almost a direct competitor to a falcon. If taking in consideration, size, economy, and style of car.

Makes me wonder what the Falcon proposition would look like if diesel variants, and a wagon existed. I know my business would be all over a diesel falcon like a fat kid on a cookie
diesels are not the future....small turboed engines are. So this is what ford is giving us. A diesel falcon would not sell because it would be front heavy and handle like a dog let alone the fact that most fleets do not buy large cars like they used too. Diesels are only a big hit in suvs in the private sales. This changes the WHOLE scene for falcon. And like you said ...the mondeo allready exists...in wagon...with diesel and it has way more rear space then a comadore wagon. Territory too. Why spend useless money on a minority falcon product. Ford know whats going on i tell ya
Old 06-12-2012, 12:48 AM   #43
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Pom View Post
Escape 35
Falcon 1206
Falcon Ute 444
Fiesta 894
Focus 1920
Kuga 61
Mondeo 353
Ranger 4x2 623
Ranger 4x4 1564
Territory 1296
Transit 116
People post a lot of doom and gloom about the local fords, but as we can all see, they are still very important to the line up, and the monthly tally.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:02 AM   #44
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
diesels are not the future....small turboed engines are. So this is what ford is giving us. A diesel falcon would not sell because it would be front heavy and handle like a dog let alone the fact that most fleets do not buy large cars like they used too. Diesels are only a big hit in suvs in the private sales. This changes the WHOLE scene for falcon. And like you said ...the mondeo allready exists...in wagon...with diesel and it has way more rear space then a comadore wagon. Territory too. Why spend useless money on a minority falcon product. Ford know whats going on i tell ya

Erghh no... Diesel is what everyone wants.... The 2.7 would have been an unbelievable package in Falcon and would have increased sales dramatically. You only have to look at how popular diesel Focus Titaniums are to see the value in Diesel.. Hell most of the top selling vehicles are diesel!!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #45
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Erghh no... Diesel is what everyone wants.... The 2.7 would have been an unbelievable package in Falcon and would have increased sales dramatically. You only have to look at how popular diesel Focus Titaniums are to see the value in Diesel.. Hell most of the top selling vehicles are diesel!!
so you think it would profit ford by engineering a diesel into a falcon right now do you??? What about the extra price ontop of allready seemingly high priving of larger cars. There are so many downsides.....
Old 06-12-2012, 02:36 AM   #46
Buntz
Straight Eight

Diesel Falcon is a dumb idea. Lots of ado going on about Diesel at the moment, and European Manufacturers are rolling our smaller, turbocharged, highly strung, petrol engines.

EcoBoost is fine for Falcon.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:00 AM   #47
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Diesel Falcon would be a game changer, ute sales would double overnight.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #48
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Even though diesel passenger vehicles are are the decline in Europe...and there is a boost in small turbo petrol engines...

DPF are playing a big part in this, with problems they have getting clogged up because under city driving the DPF doesn't get up to its heat for the re-gen cycle...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 06-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #49
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
so you think it would profit ford by engineering a diesel into a falcon right now do you??? What about the extra price ontop of allready seemingly high priving of larger cars. There are so many downsides.....
Diesel in Falcon right now? No. Falcon is in care-taking mode now and will see itself out with what its got coming for 2014 update.

At launch of FG yes. Much the same as Territory should have had LPG at its original launch and diesel, oh I don't know when it was supposed to come out before the ******** boss they had at the time cancelled it.

Longer term Ford US are still saying there is a "chance" of a new RWD Lincoln with next gen Mustang rear end. I think if that gets the green light, that might be Falcons future as Ford Aust could build that and Falcon. For Ford Australia its export or die as the market here is to small and splintered for them otherwise.

As for the dont' you think Ford dont know what they are doing comments you often make. No they don't always do and the evidence is self evident just in the decade odd plus collection of comments on these forums. Its not rocket science to see where they slipped up and badly over the years. Ford recently admitted the have some work to do, so they are saying it to. You don't have to fix something if as you claim, they never got it wrong.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #50
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
What engineering it's already in Territory... The only reason why they won't do it is because it will kill I6, ecoboost and Ecolpi all at once...

People will pay a premium for diesel.. Prado, Territory, Focus, Mercedes all prove that.. A diesel 2.7 would give falcon a range of 1200 kms.

Ecoboost is great but diesel is cheaper (pulp) and should last longer.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #51
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

If anyone knows the split of a E class mercedes and 5 series BMW is petrol VS diesel, I believe the falcon split would be similar. These won't be all new customers as a diesel Falcon would eat into I6, Ecoboost and LPG sales.

I vote no for diesel Falcon, It would greatly increase ute sales but IMO not enough to justify the investment in the project (if it was my money).

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #52
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So Falcon is looking like 14K annual sales and Territory is looking like 15K annual sales.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #53
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No diesel was a political decision for:

a. Keeping more Australian jobs (I6 manufacturing) and hence having a greater political influence.
b. Getting extra money from the government for EcoBoost & EcoLPI development.

At the end of the day we all know that Diesel was the only chance that Ford had for reversing the Falcon's declining sales trend. Instead Ford went ahead with a decision that gives them greater political options/triggers but will most likely end up cost them the life of the Falcon. It was a poor decision in my personal opinion ...
Old 06-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #54
I6DOHC

Quote:
Ute
Nov 44
This is a terrible number....

It's a real shame seeing this iconic workhorse dying a slow death. There is no doubt they are preferencing the foreign built ranger (truck) over the old aussie ute. Double edged sword I know, as there was Aussie engineering input, but to me it's a shame seing our manufacturing scale down so much.

Just my opinion, but I hate seeing single cab Rangers being used by councils everywhere, get 'em back in the falcon utes I say.
I6DOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #55
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by I6DOHC View Post
This is a terrible number....

It's a real shame seeing this iconic workhorse dying a slow death. There is no doubt they are preferencing the foreign built ranger (truck) over the old aussie ute. Double edged sword I know, as there was Aussie engineering input, but to me it's a shame seing our manufacturing scale down so much.

Just my opinion, but I hate seeing single cab Rangers being used by councils everywhere, get 'em back in the falcon utes I say.
Im pretty sure it should be 444 utes sold not 44
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #56
I6DOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwil View Post
Im pretty sure it should be 444 utes sold not 44
Ah rito, thanks. I should have clarified first as that is not so bad.
I6DOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #57
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Yeah...typo on my behalf :-(

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 06-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #58
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wouldn't the R & D be already done with Territory ??? andthe diesel just slot into the Falcon ???? Engine bays the same ?????
Old 06-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #59
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Even though diesel passenger vehicles are are the decline in Europe...and there is a boost in small turbo petrol engines...

DPF are playing a big part in this, with problems they have getting clogged up because under city driving the DPF doesn't get up to its heat for the re-gen cycle...
Someone please listen to this guy, and as someone who has been affected by this.

Diesel passenger cars = fail. End of story.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #60
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
Someone please listen to this guy, and as someone who has been affected by this.

Diesel passenger cars = fail. End of story.
That's your opinion....

Sales figures in Australia say otherwise...

People are still buying diesel passenger cars here like there's no tomorrow. Mercedes Benz and BMW sell boat loads of diesels... C and E Class diesels for example are more popular then petrol variants.... Ford Focus Titanium Diesels are also a good example... leave Petrols behind for dead... Mondeo sells way more diesels then Ecoboost... Why is that?

Its too late to change Falcon now, Ford invested their $$ otherwise and will have to stick with it to save face. Ecoboost Falcon is one of the best things they have ever done, but people still don't buy it... There's a certain snobbery value with diesel powered cars. Don't ask me why! I bought my first diesel last year and love it.....