Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #31
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: This is why ford sales are falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Does that Mercedes dealership at the Airport have a service department? .
Yes it does.

We went away for a week, left on a Saturday note flight 7.00pm got back following sat 8.30 pm. Drove to the dealership, they had someone meet us there, dropped us to the airport proper, met us upon our return, took us to the dealership. Paid the bill and gone. Oh and they fixed the car.

Just brilliant.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #32
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks
Yes it does.

We went away for a week, left on a Saturday note flight 7.00pm got back following sat 8.30 pm. Drove to the dealership, they had someone meet us there, dropped us to the airport proper, met us upon our return, took us to the dealership. Paid the bill and gone. Oh and they fixed the car.

Just brilliant.
Interesting, thanks for that I'll bring it up at work as its only about 5 minutes away.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #33
drpopper

Had no issues with the wife's terri or my G6 .. both the cars and the dealer have been good.
drpopper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 03:20 AM   #34
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

These threads always amuse me... I've had nothing but great service from my Dealer (McInerny Ford). Sure, I've had a couple of issues but they've all been addressed and rectified, some for free even out of warranty.
I find it helps to actually treat the people that work there like human beings... I've witnessed behaviour from some people that is utterly disgusting... and yet they expect their issues to be fixed immediately.
I was at the Dealer once and remember watching a guy who had just (privately, not even from said dealer) purchased a BF falcon in shockwave blue scream that he wanted a new full paint job, because it had a few chips. He had obviously heard that there was a known problem with that colour and wanted to take advantage of it. To my amazement, the dealer rep remained polite and professional.
I'm not saying this will solve every situation, but alot of the time how an issue is treated has to do with our own attitude and how we approach it.

Peace.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 03:29 AM   #35
zoomie
Owner of "0066" F6 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
I'm with the OP, no more new Fords for me for the same reasons.
Having said that, I've now had the same experience with my wife's SP 25.
Like the SP 23 before it, we never had the slightest problem with the cars or service until the bumpers on the SP 25 started to change colour dramatically. The bumpers on my F6's were slightly different and I could hande that but the Mazda ones are beyond a joke. Mazda service says "they all do that"

Check it out ....

The colour match on the bumpers of my wifes SP25 is pretty much spot on, her car is graphite colour though so probably easier to get a closer match from the factory. Her car is a october 2010 build.

Its a known fact that some colours are harder to colour match than others and that painted bumper plastic always seem to be "off" colour (by either a few shades lighter or darker)...
Ive seen some shocker colour matchs like yours on new VE's and my old ego coloured FG wasnt too flash on the colour match of the rear bumper to the rest of the car.
My current Vixen red F6 has a front bumper that is noticably darker than the rest of the car and is particularly noticable where it meets the front guard on the passengers side.
zoomie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #36
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra
These threads always amuse me... I've had nothing but great service from my Dealer (McInerny Ford). Sure, I've had a couple of issues but they've all been addressed and rectified, some for free even out of warranty.
I find it helps to actually treat the people that work there like human beings... I've witnessed behaviour from some people that is utterly disgusting... and yet they expect their issues to be fixed immediately.
I was at the Dealer once and remember watching a guy who had just (privately, not even from said dealer) purchased a BF falcon in shockwave blue scream that he wanted a new full paint job, because it had a few chips. He had obviously heard that there was a known problem with that colour and wanted to take advantage of it. To my amazement, the dealer rep remained polite and professional.
I'm not saying this will solve every situation, but alot of the time how an issue is treated has to do with our own attitude and how we approach it.

Peace.
THANK!!!

It is nice to know there are other people out there that think like me..
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #37
RASER
Banned

Quote:
So I went back to Essendon Ford, got jumped on the moment I set foot on the property, so I bought the Focus, had no issues with warranty claims, only took it back for the battery which died, thats it.

The only problem I have is they keep sending me messages, emails and letters telling me my totalled Focus and my current one are due for services and I should book them in .
MINUS ONE [ - 1 ]

I found Essendon [Duhigs] Ford totally hopeless!

Sure i purchased from Duhigs as they where most keen to do the deal, but they cannot fix simple genuine warranty issues properly.

The BEST after sales service and warranty dealer without any question is Bayfords, they must be magic as they have the solution for every issue i have had [even the ones in my head only!] they also changed the floor cover [no carpet, its a 1 tonner] as it was not 100% correct WITHOUT ME EVEN MENTIONING IT!

Highly recommended
RASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #38
RASER
Banned

Smile Re: This is why ford sales are falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds
To put it simply Poor quality and lack of service .
The wife took the terri to the dealer today to have them test drive it for a rattle / thump that was reported at the 3000 last week . The mechanic went for a drive with her and listened to what I would describe to be a shocker knock in the rear , The mechanics diagnosis a LH rear shocker noise , leave it with us . Picked the car up 6 hrs later the report back is tightened rear suspension repositioned exhaust hangers , they told the wife the noise is still there but they all do it .So is the dealer telling me that all new territory's have rattles from new or does the dealer not give a toss or both . And that ladies and gents is why Ford sales are falling because my next 50 wont be spent on one.
Sorry for your mishap

Don't bag all Ford dealers because your one is a clown, Ford are obliged to fix genuine warranty issues by law, just go to another dealer like i did.

If your in Melbourne i recommend Bayfords, they listed to and understand your issue, treat u like a human, make great coffee, give you a lift to work, and contact you when ready.

Bayfords should be used by HQ to train other dealers!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #39
RASER
Banned

Quote:
Its not just Ford, we deal with Mercedes, particularily Sprinters, they have trims missing, damage, rattles from factory, tail light with no clips in it, one has blown 3 engines since its gone into service as well, this is a $75,000 van as well with the 3 pointed star on the front.
vw are just as bad, must be a german engineering thing?

and insane prices to repair them and for spares [like wtf??], other than my work ute all my cars will be Japanese now and forever, its a no brainer.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #40
RASER
Banned

Quote:
I'm with the OP, no more new Fords for me for the same reasons.
Having said that, I've now had the same experience with my wife's SP 25.
Like the SP 23 before it, we never had the slightest problem with the cars or service until the bumpers on the SP 25 started to change colour dramatically. The bumpers on my F6's were slightly different and I could hande that but the Mazda ones are beyond a joke. Mazda service says "they all do that"

Check it out ....
This looks like it was most likely damaged in transit/transport and painted [poorly] before being delivered, happens far to often.

Mazda rebuilt the gearbox in my Bravo ute under warranty, it was for mine a genuine issue, had to push like hell and lean on them though
Old 11-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #41
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So is the dealer telling me that all new territory's have rattles from new
Take a test drive of a new territory. not only will you find out they don't have that rattle (i hope), you might also find you'd like to buy another terri!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #42
RASER
Banned

Question Re: This is why ford sales are falling

Quote:
It was Mazda Australia that told me to go jump in the lake.
Japanese are not big on warranty, its like they have failed.

I am currently putting Mitsubishi warranty to the test, thats when ever the parts arrive! [Seat belt, air vent, outer window rubbers, all MIA]

Its p/iss poor by MMA HQ, 2010 vehicle, and no parts in AUS!

Last edited by RASER; 11-05-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Manufactures should keep more spares in stock!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #43
olds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
Take a test drive of a new territory. not only will you find out they don't have that rattle (i hope), you might also find you'd like to buy another terri!
I know they all don't do it this is just what the dealer is telling my wife . I don't want to go back and have an argument with the service rep or the service manager to be honest its only a car and I will change it over in two years anyway. There many other choices out there for my next purchase life is too short to be dicked around and lied too .The only reason I posted is because people on this forum are always wondering why sales of new fords are falling and I was offering an answer based on fact from my experience.To all the people that posted about their experiences with vehicles they own and have paid for with their hard earned I Thank you for your responses .
olds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #44
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Quote:
To put it simply Poor quality and lack of service .
The wife took the terri to the dealer today to have them test drive it for a rattle / thump that was reported at the 3000 last week . The mechanic went for a drive with her and listened to what I would describe to be a shocker knock in the rear , The mechanics diagnosis a LH rear shocker noise , leave it with us . Picked the car up 6 hrs later the report back is tightened rear suspension repositioned exhaust hangers , they told the wife the noise is still there but they all do it .So is the dealer telling me that all new territory's have rattles from new or does the dealer not give a toss or both . And that ladies and gents is why Ford sales are falling because my next 50 wont be spent on one.
If you dont like this kind of service than you had better start catching the BUS. All brands have these type of customer experiences as you have seen by posts made above. This Ford dealer you went too would have 20 mechanics and maybe 5 of these would be really good trades persons, than you would have 8 average ones followed by 2 useless ones as well as 5 apprentices. You have too look at the long term ownership experience and if you only have 1 or 2 small problems over the 3 years of warranty and you love the car than whats really wrong with this. I would rather have bad service on 2 occassions than have problems on 10 occasions with excellent service. Nothing annoys me more than having constant problems and having to go back and be without a car
Old 11-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #45
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
+1

I had a drive of my mate's I6 Titanium. Lovely to drive indeed. 6 speed was a ripper and the thing had heaps of go.

He's putting it on LPI pretty soon.

If I had the coin, I'd have one in a flash.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #46
superfly
Go the Hogster!

I'm not sure how complaining on here helps the situation. Complain directly to the manager or Ford themselves, or try another dealer.

I had a rattle in my XR50 and the local dealer (not the one I bought the car from) fixed it with no fuss at all.

Not all Ford dealers (or dealers in general) are bad. Metro Ford have so far done a great job with my XR50.

I used to have a Subaru and one dealer didn't do the right thing so I went to another dealer and they sorted my issues with no complaints.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #47
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

if you guys want something done then all you have to do is open the first couple of pages of your service book and give FORD CRC a call. they will hound the dealer in more ways than one and make sure you get your car sorted.
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #48
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Cant understand how people think that "It only happens to Fords" All dealers have problems, all manufacturers have problems, no car is perfect, all cars have recalls, everyone has different expectations ....... and unfortunately when things do go belly up ...... we have to deal with people. Some are good, some are not.

I truly believe that if people think this is the reason that Ford sales are flagging, they are living under a rock and haven't done the rounds. Might be a reason why some people do not buy a Ford again ..... but is also a reason some do. It is not just a Ford thing.

Anyway ...... buy the car you want as that's what you are taking home ..... not the salesman.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #49
babyf6
Young Ford Enthusiast

Well it must be customer service because lately on tv, I have seen more falcon ads on tv than any other car
Old 12-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #50
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Anyway ...... buy the car you want as that's what you are taking home ..... not the salesman.
i think this is the ironic bit. how many people go out and end up with something else rather than what they really wanted, simply because the salesman was rude?? haha.

'i'll show that sales guy. i'll buy a car i don't really want from someone else! that will teach him!!'
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #51
K93George

The problem here is that people go to the internet to complain, rarely does anyone come on here to tell us about there great experience with a company. This obviously leads to a false picture.

As for your problems with this particular Ford dealership, how is this Fords fault, rather then the dealers fault? Better yet, it may be that particular person to blame, inform the manager, you may well get somewhere!

In comparison to my experience with purchasing my 2012 XR6, today I got a call from the Ford dealership, personally thanking me for purchasing a car from them and asked if I am having any troubles with the car, what I like most about it. Asked if I was informed about the warranty, the roadside assist and so forth. She even asked if it was ok to follow up with another call to see how my new car is going in the future. How good is that! I am now left with a warm fuzzy feeling =)
K93George is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #52
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i for one actually have some good news
i got 2 of my mates now looking at buying a falcon this week
1 is driving a vy at the moment and he is sick to hell of it
is now looking at a second hand fg
the other is looking at buying his 1st car and will be going to test drive a new
ego fg2 on tuesday with me and his gf
he was looking at a rodeo untill i talked him out of it
so heres to hoping they buy it
both are not really brand minded with cars

Performace
DBA 4000s, Blue power intake, Whiteline swaybars, FG manifold, PWR Radiator, king springs low, Monroe gt sport
DJR bobtail, LSD 3.46, 20%UD
Pacemaker 4490s, Venom cat, redback catback
mick457 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 01:27 AM   #53
bingoTE50
Steve

My take on all this is that the poor service is not borne from the brand being represented,but the attitude of employees overall. Customer service is not as prevalent now because bean counters know it is a cost.Its a shotgun approach to business. They know they sell x amount of cars and a % will only ever have genuine service because the majority of nuffy's who buy cars have this belief that if they don't it will void warranty. If Mr Serviceman tells them how it is,, they walk away tail between their legs and keep on paying .I don't expect many if any do on here ,because we make informed choices as enthusiasts,but ,belive it or not, many of the joe public don't and thats why we have to scream blue murder to get action. My opinon only..
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 04:00 AM   #54
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last time I bought her indoors a new car it was a Honda Odyssey. We NEEDED 7/8 seats.
Loved the car, price was beyond brilliant, and the salesman and his boss were both incredible.
Dealer we bought it from also owned one of the biggest BMW dealerships in Perth, and service facilities were shared. Service department was deplorable. Stupid, unhelpful, dishonest,…

In short, the world is full of *********, move on.

One of the BEST service guys I ever found, ran a Kmart Tyre & Auto. So we should all buy our cars from Kmart?

When I am shopping for a new car, I usually start using the phone (and now internet/email) before going to visit them in person. Guess what, some of them are *********.

In regards servicing, the irony is that it is WE the consumer that have forced standards down. We like taking our cars to autoshafters where we get a $99 “bog-book service” performed by some illegal immigrant. We force Ford to compete with this crap, then when something goes wrong we expect Ford to maintain the experience, knowledge, and expertise to diagnose our unusual problems.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 04:05 AM   #55
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz
In regards servicing, the irony is that it is WE the consumer that have forced standards down. We like taking our cars to autoshafters where we get a $99 “bog-book service” performed by some illegal immigrant. We force Ford to compete with this crap, then when something goes wrong we expect Ford to maintain the experience, knowledge, and expertise to diagnose our unusual problems.

everyone wants something for nothing, and when it all goes pear shaped, they just want someone else to blame.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #56
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Quote:
Might as well as be able to customise and build the car off Ford's website, it gets built at the factory and kitted out with your options, then they have a tow truck bring it to your door from the factory and you do quality control check on it before you sign for it, would solve a lot of issues.

Then for servicing, take it to your local mechanic and put food on his table, if it needs warranty work they should be able to do it on behalf of Ford, or it gets towed back to the factory and a team of people there works on it.

Just some ideas.

Its not just Ford, we deal with Mercedes, particularily Sprinters, they have trims missing, damage, rattles from factory, tail light with no clips in it, one has blown 3 engines since its gone into service as well, this is a $75,000 van as well with the 3 pointed star on the front.
Definitely not restricted to fords. We buy half a million dollar trucks at work with heaps of teething problems. And the servicing and repairs leave a lot to be desired. I buy fords because i like them. And if i want them fixed i go to my own mechanic.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #57
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have had nothing but positive relations with our local ford dealership......cant praise them enough....they are the only reason I kept on with the BA and now it's a very pleasant car

many times I was out to sell it

the dealership I bought it from is not ford and they are the worst mob of mongrels under the sun.....the head mechanic was sacked from the Ford dealership for being a ponce

I will NEVER deal with them again

it aint FORD nor Holden nor Mazda.....it's the folks running that particular dealership that need a kick in the freckle

dont shoot the company....look at the employees

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #58
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking generally, of course, because as we all know different dealerships vary widely in standard, even within brands, but...

I wonder if some of the problem is that Ford (and Holden dealers, for that matter) have a belief that they don't have to try as hard because the brands are well established in Australia.

Dealers in Hyundai or Kia, on the other hand, are still fighting that perception that the product is not as good, so they go that little bit harder to please the customer.

As I said, just a generalisation, because I'm sure there is a crap Hyundai or Kia dealer for every excellent Ford dealer, but maybe some food for thought?

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post