Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #31
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bushman GT

That's it...you look at a nut and bolt, better than new resto job, and you go "Nice...", but you look at something like that GT (or a genuine GTS 327 Bathurst Monaro that used to drive around Bundaberg some years back which was in similar condition), and you say "WOW...imagine the story that car could tell..."
Old 29-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #32
falconator
Regular Yobbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
great story , almost brings a tear to the eye.
Almost!I did cry,pass me the tissues.

QLD number plate....V8 COUPE !!! for sale,make a offer!
Old 29-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #33
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey i know the old Bushman. i worked with John's son for a few years. i'd heard he had a GT and was keeping it hidden / would do it up 'some day'.
Old 29-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #34
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Given that the Bushman was always going to do it up, I would have thought it would have been more appropriate to finish what he was unable to do.
Old 29-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #35
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teak81
Good story. That gt looks tuff as. There is also a red one that a bloke has and it is all origianal.
The website for the red gt (the outback gt) is at the bottom of the page of the (bushmans gt)
Old 29-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #36
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome
Old 29-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #37
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by teak81
The website for the red gt (the outback gt) is at the bottom of the page of the (bushmans gt)

The "red" one is actually Bronze Wine in colour and is in the last pictures of this story.

IMO the car should at least be cleaned properly and then presented as is.

On a side note the wrecked upside down car that is claimed to be a Phase 3 is definatly not a Phase 3. I wonder if the bushman got ripped off and the car was being passed off as a HO. This was not uncommon back in the day and easily done by adding some spoilers and a glovebox sticker to an XY GT.

Great story!!!
Old 29-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #38
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Great read, thankyou for the link
Old 29-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #39
falconator
Regular Yobbo

The bushman looks like the pieman out of the "dying breed" movie,Tasmania.

QLD number plate....V8 COUPE !!! for sale,make a offer!

Last edited by falconator; 29-02-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 14-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #40
karma101
Banned

Sorry to spoil everyone's illusions re the alias "Bushmans GT", but, and brace your selves ok, the car is a resurrected fake !. The engine is a genuine GT I rebuilt from John Kellands wrecked red GT in 78. The engine was replaced some 20 years ago all the facts are here;
https://www.facebook.com/glen.coughl...04869647520135

Photos of the engine build presently in the vehicle are here;
https://www.facebook.com/glen.coughl...7922658&type=3

Sorry to set the record straight on this but facts are facts and myths are myths, I am the nephew of Kelland, cousin to his son.

The vehicle was supposed to have been passed to his son and not re birthed from a wreck and sold.
Old 14-11-2014, 06:28 PM   #41
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by karma101 View Post
Sorry to spoil everyone's illusions re the alias "Bushmans GT", but, and brace your selves ok, the car is a resurrected fake !. The engine is a genuine GT I rebuilt from John Kellands wrecked red GT in 78. The engine was replaced some 20 years ago all the facts are here;
https://www.facebook.com/glen.coughl...04869647520135

Photos of the engine build presently in the vehicle are here;
https://www.facebook.com/glen.coughl...7922658&type=3

Sorry to set the record straight on this but facts are facts and myths are myths, I am the nephew of Kelland, cousin to his son.

The vehicle was supposed to have been passed to his son and not re birthed from a wreck and sold.
Appropriate username.

Good that you set the record straight for the right reasons. I'm not not keen on people with an axe to grind
Old 14-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #42
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

29-02-2012, 09:12 PM hmmm welcome newcomer but the thread is 2.5 years old
Old 14-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #43
tommof
Starter Motor

The original blog if anyone is interested.

http://web.archive.org/web/201208162...shmans-gt.html
Old 14-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #44
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

****a
Old 14-11-2014, 10:07 PM   #45
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm calling BS..not sure of the real story but the Yellow Orchre car looks pretty damn genuine to me. Many genuine GT details that not many guys were going in the 80's...

May not have the original engine but that does not make it a fake GT just a non matching nos GT.

The guys who "found" it are not newbies either...

Not all classics were owned by Mother Teresa...##### happens.
Old 14-11-2014, 11:59 PM   #46
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Surely if the bits were pilfered from the wrecked red GT then the paint code on the ID plates is going to be wrong on the Bushman GT? (Unless the red wreck was originally Yellow Ochre as well).

I really feel for the present owner if it is in fact a cobbled up Falcon 500. He obviously purchased it in good faith and it would be a real shame if he was ripped off because he trusted the previous owner.

I'm hoping you're right Stefan.

Russ
Old 15-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #47
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The guy goes on about verifiable facts but presents none.

He say the red wrecked GTs compliance plate and running gear were installed in a red falcon 500 and sold. I'm not surprised, happened alot back then.

Then the engine from the wreck, despite being moved on, was actually at a wrecking yard and rebuilt and fitted to the yellow orchre car, this now makes yellow car a falcon 500 and a fake GT.
Old 15-11-2014, 08:53 AM   #48
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

All GT sumps are painted black????????

Hahahaha
This user likes this post:
Old 15-11-2014, 09:02 AM   #49
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

punching on at the RSL

this tale has it all
2 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2014, 09:12 AM   #50
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503 View Post
All GT sumps are painted black????????

Hahahaha
dont let bs get in the way of a good yarn

take him up on his $500k bet they were painted black
5 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #51
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dam George you 500K richer.....
Old 15-11-2014, 10:53 AM   #52
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Dam George you 500K richer.....
I will buy 3 GTFs with the proceeds

One for me, one for potty beige and one for you

Rejoice!

3 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #53
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's a headache to read but from what I can gather all he is saying about the yellow car is that it doesn't have the original engine.
He seems to be saying that the running gear and ID from the wrecked red car went into a Falcon 500,which was passed off as a GT and sold.I don't believe he is saying that the yellow car is a 500.
To confuse it even further he then says that the engine in the yellow car is from the candy apple red wreck.

Last edited by Morexbs; 15-11-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 15-11-2014, 11:58 AM   #54
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503 View Post
I will buy 3 GTFs with the proceeds

One for me, one for potty beige and one for you

Rejoice!

WOW....i think they might have black sumps too
Old 15-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #55
FERG_51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Regardless of which story is true, the old girl is still a survivor and has its own story to tell. If only cars could talk.
This user likes this post:
Old 15-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #56
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm trying to get my head around Karma101's facebook entry as reproduced in his post, and if what he says is correct then the ID plate on the existing 'Bushman's GT' should tell the story - i.e. it should show a colour code for red and not Yellow Ochre:

"It is a fact, that the engine I rebuilt and installed into the yellow ochre Bushmans GT came from the burned out wreck, the very car the brother in law burned to death in."

"John's excuse for the project was something along the lines of "I want to have the numbers match up"

The burned out car that the engine came from was red. If, as he says, John wanted "to have the numbers match up" wouldn't this mean that he was wanting to use the red car's GT credentials to enhance the ochre car? What confuses me though is that the other statement relating to the burned out red wreck:

Anyone with a degree of intelligence has to wonder about an uninsured GT wrecked, what do you imagine happened with the compliance plates, engine, running gear etc. It was all stripped from the wreck and the chassis was dumped on the back ridge of Glenlee to decay. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to put it all together along with the fact he went out and bought īn his very own words " a ****** Candy Apple red falcon 500", soon afterward then moved that vehicle on soon after very very discretely.

One part of the post says the engine from the wrecked red GT ended up in the Bushman GT and then in the next few paragraphs it went into a Candy Apple Red Falcon 500 and was moved on discretely soon after.

Which one is it Karma101 - or am I missing the whole plot completely?

Back to you mate.

Russ.
Old 16-11-2014, 07:23 AM   #57
66GT

I read it that the burned red GT was reborn from a candy apple red falcon 500 using some other engine, & car was sold. Yellow car received the burned red GT engine. I don't believe he states that the yellow GT is in fact not a GT. So according to him, the numbers from the yellow GT would be the key to solving the mystery. Plate & stamping numbers may prove the yellows origins, but the non matching GT engine number should provide the numbers of a rebirthed fake red GT that someone may still unknowingly own.
Old 16-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #58
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

I gave up trying to read his Facebook page story - the bit about the car is indecipherable but the bit about his uncle quite coherent. They don't sound like nice people anyways..
Old 16-11-2014, 10:04 AM   #59
rex351

Confusion reigns. The writer first says the yellow car is a GT that originally had a phase IV engine (!?) which was swapped with the rebuilt unit. Then later he tells us it's not a GT but a mock up as it had been left under a tree. Also the wrecked GT shell was discarded and the driveline sold off in a red 500. Same engine was then pulled out of the weeds and rebuilt for the yellow car?
Old 16-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #60
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Even Judge Judy would have a nervous breakdown trying to work this one out.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread