Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #31
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: US cop car for sale in Victoria

ugly pos........
Old 13-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #32
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Why don't you get a large Farva?
I don't want a large Farva I want a goddamn litre of cola!

This look like spit to you? Ah who cares.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 13-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #33
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
Looks straight from Super Troopers hehe
One of my favourite movies!
Old 13-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #34
w2008

you should get an Aussie cop car like this,

Old 13-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #35
BEN189
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
We should pass the hat around and buy it as an AFF car. Then at Holden shows or dyno days pull over every Holden with a Chev badge and issue them with citation and a pair of glasses. Those in V6's with Chev badges we shoot on sight.

That's what I'd do.
Brilliant idea!

350rwkw with Rapid cooler, Herrod CAI, Deka 80lb injectors, full xforce 3.5" exhaust, actuator.
Old 13-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #36
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha that car is such an epic fail its funny lmao.
nah seriously keep the guise its in put a big engine in and go drag racing imagine the face on a guy if they just got done by a deputy sherriff lol
Old 13-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #37
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

At times like this i wish i had $15,000 cold hard.

Subaru Outback '02
Old 13-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #38
utilise_bc
Starter Motor

Just use it on weekends to go and do a donut run..
Old 15-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #39
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
We should pass the hat around and buy it as an AFF car. Then at Holden shows or dyno days pull over every Holden with a Chev badge and issue them with citation and a pair of glasses. Those in V6's with Chev badges we shoot on sight.

That's what I'd do.

What's the 0-100 in the bloody things? Although I suppose you would add another 5 seconds on top of that to cart round donut munching cop. Surely there is a few more Crown Vic's in the country you could get cheaper.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
Old 15-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #40
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhcbm

What's the 0-100 in the bloody things? Although I suppose you would add another 5 seconds on top of that to cart round donut munching cop.
About 8/9 seconds if I remember rightly. About the same as an E series 6.
Old 15-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #41
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like a Commodore 64 at the driver's seat...

I want it!

Don't snap my undies.
Old 16-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #42
MJG
NEWBIE!!

Quote:

That's what I'd do.
That sounds like a good plan!!!
There is a Astra in my street with Chev badges on it!! Couldn't get much further from being a Chev!!!

95 EF Futura 5L V8 Navy Blue
94 EF Fairmont 5L V8 Dynamic White
Old 16-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #43
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Meanwhile...http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...ar&distance=25

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
Old 17-01-2012, 02:39 AM   #44
BFZ Wagon
Formerly All Wheel Drive

Wow that's an awful colour.
That car would be either a personal import or a special import for use in a tv series or movie as it's a 1998 model and as the Crown Vic isn't on the SEVS list it can't be imported unless it's older than 1988.

In regard to it being LHD. You could drive it in WA in 2013 when it becomes 15 years old (as they have a 15 yr LHD rule) or anytime in the NT. The NT doesn't have a restriction on LHD vehicles like every other State/Territory does.
Would certainly be interesting conversation piece and good for car shows though.

I like how the ad states that it has all this particular stuff but then goes on to state at the bottom that all police equipment has been removed to comply with policies. So I wonder why he states that it has the radar and light bars etc?

Nice find though BEN189.
Old 18-01-2012, 03:25 AM   #45
XKCOOL

Price is down to $11k - that's a big drop from $15k to $11k in one hit!
Old 18-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #46
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFZ Wagon
Wow that's an awful colour.
That car would be either a personal import or a special import for use in a tv series or movie as it's a 1998 model and as the Crown Vic isn't on the SEVS list it can't be imported unless it's older than 1988.

In regard to it being LHD. You could drive it in WA in 2013 when it becomes 15 years old (as they have a 15 yr LHD rule) or anytime in the NT. The NT doesn't have a restriction on LHD vehicles like every other State/Territory does.
Would certainly be interesting conversation piece and good for car shows though.

I like how the ad states that it has all this particular stuff but then goes on to state at the bottom that all police equipment has been removed to comply with policies. So I wonder why he states that it has the radar and light bars etc?

Nice find though BEN189.
Thanks for posting that info. Didnt know that was the case! Do you know much else about importing?

Another reason for me to jump ship to WA haha.

Subaru Outback '02
Old 18-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #47
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

these crown vics are rubbish really a xf falcon would kill it in every area but would be a awesome car just to own, if i had space or a shed i would buy it in a heartbeat but for $7k though

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
Old 21-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #48
BFZ Wagon
Formerly All Wheel Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor
Thanks for posting that info. Didnt know that was the case! Do you know much else about importing?

Another reason for me to jump ship to WA haha.
Hi mate. Yep, I know a bit about what you can and can't bring in as well as what's currently being complied and how to go about getting engineer's to sign off on older imports etc. Friend of mine imports vehicles from overseas all the time. Mostly Trucks and buses from Japan but can get stuff from other areas.
Can also get parts from Japan for most JDM stuff fairly easy as well.

If you're after any further info, feel free to send me a PM.

Shame the Crown Vic is a bad car. They do look nice, but the steering wheel is still on the wrong side.
They really seem popular for mods in the US too. People like putting massive wheels on them.
Old 24-08-2014, 07:45 PM   #49
nigelmelb
Starter Motor

Hey guys.

New to this forum.

Was going to say that I just came back from 3 weeks in the USA and tried my hardest to find a Crown Vic to hire from a care hire place. Managed to find one as there are not many around anymore due to hi milage.

Have to say, for a rental with 95000 miles on it, the crown vic was the nicest most cruisy car I've ever driven. It had 0 engine noise as well as absolutely no driveline noise or vibration. I had to keep looking at the tacho to make sure it was still running in peak hour it was that silent and smooth.
I currently have a SZ Titanium Territory, have had a G6E Turbo and for a while had a '76 Lincoln Continental which was beautiful.
The crown vic although no Falcon in handling was a much smoother and cruiser car to drive than the G6E.
People compare them to falcons but they are totally different styles of cars. Falcon is smaller and more nimble while the Crown Vic is more like a Limo for highway cruising.

It went pretty well as well. The gearing is so long and that slows its sprints a little but once moving she did quite well. Heaps of torque.
Am thinking of importing one to Australia and just leaving it totally original. I know the restrictions on driving them around but will sort something out there.

My question is, do you think there would ever be a market if I decided to sell it locally?

Thanks guys.
Old 24-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #50
Falcman0o7
Banned

Gud dem!
Old 24-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #51
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Hi nigelmelb. Welcome to the Forums

If its OK I will close this thread and you can copy and paste what you typed and start a new thread if you wish. Just that the title, even though is about Crown Vics, your topic can be a stand alone.

Also the main fact is the thread was started a couple of years ago about a car for sale and can be confusing

Cheers

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread