Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #31
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New toy time. FG XR8 s/c, FG GT s/c, or 300c SRT8 s/c

Im suprised at seeing some support for the 300c, good stuff.

Only reason i suggested the 300 was its something different and for the money the SRT8 is pretty loaded not too mention with a few mods makes some serious power.

Stopped to have a quick look at the GS on the way home from work this morning and im pretty impressed didnt have time for a td which ill do on the weekend but my only gripe is at first glance it really does just look like an XR8 with decals. Maybe im too picky

This is stroked to 426 but it sounds very angry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DKt...eature=related
GT 160 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #32
big_landau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

id go the 300c
big_landau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #33
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

300 SRT8 or the FG XR8 with a Harrop or Kenne Bell S/C.

The SRT may not handle as well but how often do we use a large % of our cars handling potential.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #34
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, after test driving umpteen friggin vehicles over the past few weeks i'm still no closer to deciding.

Been in everything from a new WRX, VW's/Audi's, Bimmers through to the GT and 300C. Has been a hell of alot of fun though and the list just keeps growing so many quality cars its ridiculous, luckily i have a few mates in various dealerships so all the test driving hasn't been an issue.

And to throw yet another spanner in the works i'm holding off untill the new Land Rover Evoque arrives in the next couple of weeks. After alot of reading it's pretty much top of the list now considering the price, standard equipment, options etc and not too mention it looks absolutely sensational. I know its nothing like i was originally looking for but on a compromise basis with the mrs and kids as a daily it makes more sense.... i hope

Anyone else considering one ?

I've got the dealer spec and option/cost lists if anyone wants them posted up its pretty extensive which can run upwards of $100K if you get carried away.

Turbo petrol with a few options about $60-$70K but you get alot of standard kit for the money, except keyless entry which is a $1400 option..? WTF !

Last edited by GT 160; 19-10-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 19-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #35
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

The Evoque is sensational, but where you after performance or looks?
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #36
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
The Evoque is sensational, but where you after performance or looks?

At first i was blinded by performance as most of us are and in reality the mrs and kids will be in the car 80% of the time anyway so i have to come to some sort of compromise in that regard.

And as i said im importing a 60's car from the US in the new year so i can do whatever i like with that.
Old 19-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #37
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Well then I was actually going to ask you what you thought about the 300C? We also need a new(er) car mid next year and I have been looking at wagons. The 300C CRD Wagon is winning at the moment but I was worried about fit and finish, but it cant be any worse than the local stuff surely.

Yes Id love an 8, but like you its not for me.
Old 19-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #38
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Well then I was actually going to ask you what you thought about the 300C? We also need a new(er) car mid next year and I have been looking at wagons. The 300C CRD Wagon is winning at the moment but I was worried about fit and finish, but it cant be any worse than the local stuff surely.

Yes Id love an 8, but like you its not for me.

I only drove the 5.7 Hemi and the 6.1 SRT and i thought they were great, alot of car for the money, the 5.7 can be had for low 40's new which is a bargain. They cop alot of stick for there handling but if you want a car to throw around the 300c isn't it and the SRT goes like stink.
Old 19-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #39
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzwa
I only drove the 5.7 Hemi and the 6.1 SRT and i thought they were great, alot of car for the money, the 5.7 can be had for low 40's new which is a bargain. They cop alot of stick for there handling but if you want a car to throw around the 300c isn't it and the SRT goes like stink.
Yes an SRT would be sweet, but complete overkill and for a daily with the kids etc, shopping blah blah then it seems a bit wasted. That and I imagine the fuel bill would be large, hence looking at the CRD. The only other thing was parts and servicing was a concern. We are going test driving next month so Ill see for myself I guess.

The 300C is a bargain at the moment, I have no want for a go kart with this car, actually I would trade off cornering for suppleness
Old 19-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #40
noosacuda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

300C SRT8 any day over a Falcon!
noosacuda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #41
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The 5.7 hemi also has the cylinder deactivation thing when cruising, so I guess that would help the fuel bill slightly when you just want to cruise.

My computer thing in my 5.7 hemi says I am averaging 15.4L/1000kms driving around Newcastle, zero freeway driving. I also do not baby it around.

If you are very tall you may have trouble sitting in it. I am 6 2 and my head is quite close to the roof with the seat in one of the lowest positions.

I wish It had a proper hand brake, but that is not a big deal. But over all I am happy with and would recommend it if you are into that sort of thing.

Its always funny when you see people pointing at the car with a confused look on their face. I am surprised how many non car people have no idea what they are and claim to have never seen one.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #42
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Spoke with a few LR dealers today and they can't supply an Evoque till end of Jan/Feb atm.

All there stock is allocated, one local dealer has 17 on order ready to go with another 9 in the pipeline.

At that rate they'll be as common as Kluger.
Old 19-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #43
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Well, after test driving umpteen friggin vehicles over the past few weeks i'm still no closer to deciding.

Been in everything from a new WRX, VW's/Audi's, Bimmers through to the GT and 300C. Has been a hell of alot of fun though and the list just keeps growing so many quality cars its ridiculous, luckily i have a few mates in various dealerships so all the test driving hasn't been an issue.

And to throw yet another spanner in the works i'm holding off untill the new Land Rover Evoque arrives in the next couple of weeks. After alot of reading it's pretty much top of the list now considering the price, standard equipment, options etc and not too mention it looks absolutely sensational. I know its nothing like i was originally looking for but on a compromise basis with the mrs and kids as a daily it makes more sense.... i hope

Anyone else considering one ?

I've got the dealer spec and option/cost lists if anyone wants them posted up its pretty extensive which can run upwards of $100K if you get carried away.

Turbo petrol with a few options about $60-$70K but you get alot of standard kit for the money, except keyless entry which is a $1400 option..? WTF !

You've gone from considering a muscle car to a moderatly performing SUV, you're worse than a kid in a lolly shop with no idea whatsoever. I thought I was bad with my random thoughts about buying alternatives to my current garage, (currently lusting after a Jaguar XFR, 2012 model) but I feel positivly normal now

Just to confuse you even further, you do realise the new 2012 2.2 diesel XF Jag can be had for just a bit more money than you're considering spending, retail is $78K. Sensational looks and style, with decent handling and performance and i'll bet there are plenty more lollies to buy you havn't even thought of yet.... Good luck.

Last edited by Rodge; 19-10-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #44
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is another one … what about the new VW Passat V6? About 62K drive away retail.

You get German design, quality and engineering … Engine from the R36 and all wheel drive handling … seriously for this kind of coin it would be very very hard to beat this car on comfort, luxury, prestige, safety …
dimka100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #45
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100
Here is another one … what about the new VW Passat V6? About 62K drive away retail.

You get German design, quality and engineering … Engine from the R36 and all wheel drive handling … seriously for this kind of coin it would be very very hard to beat this car on comfort, luxury, prestige, safety …

Just going off the title I have a gut feeling this is not the kind of car the OP would be looking for.. Something with modern muscle seems to be his cup of tea and considering this is a V6 with around 100kws less, 220NM less and only 270odd kgs lighter then the bulkier 300c, it seems to be straying away from the muscle look/feel he's looking for. Ofcourse this is only my opinion...
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #46
Corzza

What about something completely left field

2011 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T ??

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...3970&silo=1011

Race 2 Clipsal 500 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOZvWBp4Eo

"I plucked her into first, gave it some jandal and F@#$ Yeah!" - Scott McLaughlin
Corzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #47
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge
You've gone from considering a muscle car to a moderatly performing SUV, you're worse than a kid in a lolly shop with no idea whatsoever. I thought I was bad with my random thoughts about buying alternatives to my current garage, (currently lusting after a Jaguar XFR, 2012 model) but I feel positivly normal now

Just to confuse you even further, you do realise the new 2012 2.2 diesel XF Jag can be had for just a bit more money than you're considering spending, retail is $78K. Sensational looks and style, with decent handling and performance and i'll bet there are plenty more lollies to buy you havn't even thought of yet.... Good luck.

, you sound like my wife ! I sit on the net for a few hours browsing car sites and it only gets worse.

Maybe its time to bring out the cardi and just buy a Camry.
Old 19-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #48
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corzza

Love it, but not exactly sure how i'll go getting 2 car seats in the back of that.

+ its left hook so will have to be converted before rego in good ol NSW and there's the $$$$
Old 19-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #49
sarrge2001
SZII in Silhouette

Price includes conversion & compliance.......

Strangers have the best candy.......
sarrge2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #50
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
, you sound like my wife ! I sit on the net for a few hours browsing car sites and it only gets worse.
Maybe its time to bring out the cardi and just buy a Camry.
Or try and save the planet and buy a Prius But seriously choosing is half the fun
and there's so many good cars out there, there's no need to rush.
Relax, take as much time as you like and thoroughly enjoy the process I reckon. I find
the more cars your drive, gradually the mist of confusion begins to lift and the
picture of what you're really looking for becomes clearer. If all else fails
you can always draw up a short list of what you and your wife agree on
and let her choose. Happy wife = happy life !!
Old 20-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #51
noosacuda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corzza

I'm SOOOO in LOVE!!!!
noosacuda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #52
Corzza

Quote:
Originally Posted by noosacuda
I'm SOOOO in LOVE!!!!

So am I haha

Quote:
Love it, but not exactly sure how i'll go getting 2 car seats in the back of that.

+ its left hook so will have to be converted before rego in good ol NSW and there's the $$$$

I have my eye on a Challenger, Camaro or Mustang.

Hard to pick really all have their talents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarrge2001
Price includes conversion & compliance.......
Yep sure does. Bargain if you ask me!

Race 2 Clipsal 500 2014

"I plucked her into first, gave it some jandal and F@#$ Yeah!" - Scott McLaughlin
Old 21-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #53
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

What about a new Jeep Cherokee? They got really good reviews and optional 5.7L V8.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #54
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
What about a new Jeep Cherokee? They got really good reviews and optional 5.7L V8.
Wayyyyyyyy better option than the Evoque. Real performance, real 4WD abilities and absolutly choc-a-block full of kit for $69,995, and if people want reasonable running costs the diesel version is a good option to chose. Option up an Evoque to a similar level, if you can, and its $100,000 and you're still driving a modestly performing and much smaller SUV.
Old 21-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #55
Corzza

L ike the new Ford Ranger! Looks animal!

Race 2 Clipsal 500 2014

Old 22-10-2011, 01:24 AM   #56
cedric
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

300c they sound so good its not funny.''mopar or no car''
just off to car sales as i thought there was no new 300c v8's left for sale
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2011, 02:15 AM   #57
J.Molloy
Territorial

"Anyone else considering one ?

I've got the dealer spec and option/cost lists if anyone wants them posted up its pretty extensive which can run upwards of $100K if you get carried away."

Hey Fitzwa,
You still got that dealer price list? was having a little look at this a while ago but they didn't have any info on them at that point,

Appreciate it if you could chuck it up,

Cheers mate
Jake
Old 22-10-2011, 06:24 AM   #58
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Molloy
"Anyone else considering one ?

I've got the dealer spec and option/cost lists if anyone wants them posted up its pretty extensive which can run upwards of $100K if you get carried away."

Hey Fitzwa,
You still got that dealer price list? was having a little look at this a while ago but they didn't have any info on them at that point,

Appreciate it if you could chuck it up,

Cheers mate
Jake

Jake, shoot me a pm with your email and ill fwd them on to you.
Old 23-10-2011, 05:00 AM   #59
1TUFFUTE
Banned

gheto barge slops dont do it go euro..aussie
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2011, 10:38 AM   #60
monzie

There's a 5.7 300c on the Manhiem auction site, $26k, Brisbane

Pete