Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #31
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Baby Mobile

When the time comes remember headreast DVD's are your friends. I couldnt survive with my 2 lunatics without them.
GT 160 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #32
98AUXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzwa
When the time comes remember headreast DVD's are your friends. I couldnt survive with my 2 lunatics without them.
Oh yeah, my 7 year old step son never leaves home without the DVDs!!

Guys, I am a very proud Dad and do love shwing off my little princess, and do love driving with the kids in the car. It's just I will have to be driving an Astra MOST of the time now!!
2006 BIONIC XR6 - 6 Speed manual (of course), F6 upper and lower snorkels, 19" Replica GT Rims, lowered SL Front/SSL Rear, iPod AUX attachment, tinted. Hopefully, more to come!!! UPDATE!!! Colour coded engine parts! :

For your photographic needs see

www.alluringlightimages.com.au
98AUXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #33
BA Baracus
xls

I offered to use my car for my little bloke but when I came back from the shed with the gaffer tape the missus insisted we just put the seat in her car, everyone's happy.
BA Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #34
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GF has an Astra and me an XR8, lucky for me she doesn't have her license yet nor can she drive it on P's.
But I agree on what you have said about the Astra, the seats are hard as rocks and 2 full grown people are almost holdong hands in the front seat.
Linkachu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #35
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokedXT
It's suggested speed is 60 for a reason, country road of not you never know what's happening or coming the other way, I just figured with children in the car having a bit of a safety margin would be common sense, apparently not...

I'm not going waste my time justifying my actions to someone who doesn't know the road, area or situation I'm in suffice to say I'm not in the habit of putting my kids at risk. The posted "suggested speed" is at least 20kph below a moderate and safe speed in this case and I'd guess it's a suggested speed for a fully loaded semi on a wet day, not a well balanced car with sports suspension and 17's.

Plus, after living in NSW for a couple of years I can honestly say we have better dirt roads here in SA than most of the bitumen roads over there and I certainly wouldn't dream of doing even 100kph round ANY NSW secondary road corner posted below the speed limit. I bent 3 of my 4 factory alloys on the skinny, crappy, uneven, potholed excuses for paved roads over there in 2 years so if your opinion is based on the goat tracks you call roads in NSW then I suggest you come for a drive to SA and see what a decent flat smooth paved road should look like before you go shooting from the hip again.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #36
Werd.
nou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
I'm not going waste my time justifying my actions to someone who doesn't know the road, area or situation I'm in suffice to say I'm not in the habit of putting my kids at risk. The posted "suggested speed" is at least 20kph below a moderate and safe speed in this case and I'd guess it's a suggested speed for a fully loaded semi on a wet day, not a well balanced car with sports suspension and 17's.

Plus, after living in NSW for a couple of years I can honestly say we have better dirt roads here in SA than most of the bitumen roads over there and I certainly wouldn't dream of doing even 100kph round ANY NSW secondary road corner posted below the speed limit. I bent 3 of my 4 factory alloys on the skinny, crappy, uneven, potholed excuses for paved roads over there in 2 years so if your opinion is based on the goat tracks you call roads in NSW then I suggest you come for a drive to SA and see what a decent flat smooth paved road should look like before you go shooting from the hip again.

Bushbasher
Well said, and at the end of the day it's YOUR judgement that matters, not some tool on an internet forum acting tough, having never seen the road before.

And yes NSW roads... Don't think you can go more than a few hundred meters without seeing a pot hole anymore
Werd. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #37
StrokedXT
Banned

No one is acting tuff werd, but some people are ******* idiots saying 80 os safe and moderate but they do an extra 50ks with the kids in the car.

When the kids are dead because this guy didn't gave time to react to an animal or oncoming car I wonder if you will defend his right to endanger his kids lives. The fact this morons wife thinks it's dangerous and she knows the corner in question says it all really.

Maybe I'm just one of those weirdos who put their kids safety first.
StrokedXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #38
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
No one is acting tuff werd, but some people are ******* idiots saying 80 os safe and moderate but they do an extra 50ks with the kids in the car.

When the kids are dead because this guy didn't gave time to react to an animal or oncoming car I wonder if you will defend his right to endanger his kids lives. The fact this morons wife thinks it's dangerous and she knows the corner in question says it all really.

Lets keep the personal insults out of it please, and get back on topic
Old 28-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #39
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher

Bushbasher

I can second that.

Take a drive from Sydney to Tamworth via Gloucester and you'll understand.
Unsettling at times when your driving a small Mazda 121. Some parts caused the rear end to shift a few times, and thats not a good thing when you are going 95kmph.
On the other hand makes you concentrate on the road more as you have to analyse every section of bitumen coming up...

The unsealed SA roads ive been on were smooth with minimal corrugations.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #40
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:

Clearly your selective reading skills make you think you know what you're talking about. I said 80 was moderate and in my original post I said I do 110 so by my calculation that's only 30 over not 50 but hey, I guess 30 doesn't sound as dramatic and inflammatory as 50. Also, if you'd ever been on country roads this side of the Blue Mountains for more than 5 minutes and bothered to take in my description of the corner in question you'd maybe understand what I said. The fact that you had to resort to personal insults and half truths tells me you've run out of logical and rational arguments so I'm not going waste any more time on the subject. If you still have an issue with it, start another thread and see how long it lasts..... Oh, and my missus is looking over my shoulder and although she may not be totally comfortable with me giving my kids a thrill on this corner, she also thinks you're an over reacting city boy.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #41
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I took my car to the creek with the babyseat in the back of mine, wife used it fort daily duties and i had her car.

I loved the thought of my kids first automotive experiences being in a car with 450 odd hp and most importantly one with a blue oval on the front.
I have taken my el down the track a few times with the babyseat still in place

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post