Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #31
G6E Turbo 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
What! Are you suggesting VE is made at a loss?

If true the blame would lay squarely on GM's "promises" to Holden and the never ending "ZETA will be sold here, there, and everywhere".

Well would it be any wonder if they were

Bloody hell they have a cycle like me missus

A sale every month for a week
A new bloody Commodore special every other month
A front page in Holden, sorry Wheels Magazine every other month
And a negative **************** Story on how good they are going on the other week

Just because there are ******** loads of them on the road doesnt mean
the bloody things are any good

My son In law has his V8 Calais at the dealer for warranty work
every month as well, Putana is right !!!!!!!!!
G6E Turbo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #32
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-E
you have to watch out for the trolley trucks as they don't give way to people...

...I was also surprised that Toyota does all the trolley trucks for Holden.
That's why they use Toyota; they don't have brakes, but are otherwise reliable.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #33
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-E
I was fortunate enough to do the full tour of the Elizabeth plant about 4 years ago.
I was told it cost Holden $14k per hour to stop the production line and that is should never stop except for maintenance.
During the tour the line stopped at 10am, all the staff just walked out for smoko as they had run out of body shells. The line remained shut for most of the day and had not started when I left at 5pm. Massive place to go through and you have to watchout for the trolly trucks as they do nto give way to people, you give way to them as it is just in time production and they need the parts NOW.
I was also suprised that Toyota does all the trolley trucks for Holden.

GT-E, at the risk of certain people calling me a liar (as to my lack of knowledge of Holdens operations), the penalties Holden places upon its suppliers who stop the line are way in excess of $14000 per hour. A few years ago, when they had two shifts (roughly 1500 operators per shift), the penalties were way above $50,000 per hour. When the line stops the idle workers wages alone amounted to way over $14000. I remember once a supplier was hit with Just over $164,000 penalty for a few hours stoppage.

Alot the time the penalties arent enforced, as 1) Holden know the suppliers cant afford them and 2)when traced back, alot of the time the issue has arisen from faulty information from Holden.

For the record, Holden also use a transport company, which is a subsidiary of Toyota Japan, to import some of the products for the commodore.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 10:13 PM   #34
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Holden also use a transport company, which is a subsidiary of Toyota Japan

i didn't know holden's sponsor in motorsport was from japan; yes it's no coicidance that holden uses a sponsor.

toll holdings.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #35
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Can I ask, what has A Toyota owned transport company got to do with penalities for non-production based issues? Are Holden going to sue the backside off Toyota for failing to deliver their parts on time something? Or is it something to do with the Holden fraud related issues discussed recently?

Please explain, I'm sure I'm not the only one interested

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 11:04 PM   #36
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
Can I ask, what has A Toyota owned transport company got to do with penalities for non-production based issues? Are Holden going to sue the backside off Toyota for failing to deliver their parts on time something? Or is it something to do with the Holden fraud related issues discussed recently?

Please explain, I'm sure I'm not the only one interested
OH SVO, your personal messages and attacks in these forums are just becoming tiresome. The comment about the Toyota subsidiary supplying imported parts to Holden was just an extension on GTE's comment that Toyota supplied the Trolley Jacks to Holden. It was just a comment, wasnt aimed at you (is a fact), and yet somehow you have to try and turn it into a chance to ridicule.

Quote:
Holden also use a transport company, which is a subsidiary of Toyota Japan
i didn't know holden's sponsor in motorsport was from japan; yes it's no coicidance that holden uses a sponsor. toll holdings

Burnz thanks for that comment, but it has absolutely no relevance to what i said. I said Holden use a Toyota subsidiary to supply some of its imported components for the commodore. Toll Holdings work at the other end for Holden, Transporting the cars from the sales yard to the dealer network, and the docks.

Now to make it simple, the Toyota subsidiary (imported) parts go into Holden, and Toll takes the commodores away from Holden. They are two different companies, and they are both transport companies.

SVO, when you are riding your pushbike to work down purling avenue, you need to open your eyes abit.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 11:15 PM   #37
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

BOB. Make google earth your friend. Then come back on here about Purling Ave.

Just to help a bit, try the streets, Commercial Rd, Purling Ave and Playford Cresent Salisbury North. Then you can try West Ave as well.

Oh and BTW, Purling meets up with West Ave, right near Tolls transport yard and Chep pallets at one end and the other it meets with Commercial rd.

Ah ha. Now I know where I've seen you before. You're the person that tried to knock me off my bike riding to work a couple of weeks ago. Next time, could you please stay out of the bike lane when driving. It's for bikes, not cars.

I wasn't attacking you in any way shape or form either, with tolls. So don't flatter yourself. It was a general comment relating to how it's got anything to do with the thread title. The rest was just me sumising whether it has something to do suing people or a fraud related issue that has been mentioned.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone

Last edited by svo supporter; 28-04-2010 at 11:32 PM.
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #38
marty1000cc
one sore bore...now 13.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
Now to make it simple, the Toyota subsidiary (imported) parts go into Holden, and Toll takes the commodores away from Holden. They are two different companies, and they are both transport companies
It would be simple...if that was correct.
Toll, K+S, Allied, all transport material into the plant. Imported material is decontainerised by DHL (a German company) in the business park.
marty1000cc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #39
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fair bit of topic guys - firstly Holden dont make trolley trucks so it makes sense they bought from someone else (Toyota, Nissan, Crown it doesnt really matter) Ford (to my knowledge) dont make forklifts therefore if you go through their plant the forklifts will come from another manufacturer who does make Forklifts. Secondly it is completely irrelevant as to where people live. Thirdly it is possible that Holden purchase parts from one of Toyota's subsidary companies- Holden willl purchase parts at the cheapest possible price. Keep in mind there are thousands of parts that go into manufacturing a vehicle - very few people would be aware of where all the parts come from.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post