Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #31
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
if you know that it was you that was speeding and it is merely an administration error - just man up and pay the damn fine already.

all these threads where people can't handle the consequences of their actions are getting rather tiresome.

and pay registred post
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #32
ea_monty

have a read on this website. it helps and very informative
http://www.aussiespeedingfines.com/

and some of the Testimonials
http://www.aussiespeedingfines.com/p...timonials.html

Last edited by ea_monty; 27-02-2010 at 09:48 PM.
ea_monty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 01:01 AM   #33
ZC001
Cruisin

Wowsers on this forum should pull their heads in.
Why should someone who has made a mistake (speeding) volunteer to make a donation to the government on an allegation of someone else who has also made a mistake (a public servant who will be given the benefit of doubt in a court, even though they are so unreliable they cannot even complete a simple document without c0cking it up).

DONT PAY IT YET.
There are two options :

1: Send in a letter of objection. The police will thank you for pointing out their mistake and reissue you another ticket with the correct details. You might get lucky and have it withdrawn, or the fool who wrote the ticket may no longer be available to reissue it.

2: Request to have matter heard before a court. You will have to take a day off work. 'unfortunately' whoever issued the ticket will also have to do turn up and will not be out writing tickets to others for that day.
Make sure you request a copy of the brief of evidence before your day in court. This will contain the police statement & evidence against you. If you are lucky this will also contain the incorrect registration number and you may have some chance of convincing the prosecutor not to proceed with the case on the day. If you are unlucky, the incorrect registration number on the ticket will not matter and the court will only consider the evidence of the police to the court on the day. If you are convicted, in theory you have lost nothing over just initially paying the fine. Reality is you will have the conviction on your record to be produced in court if you appear in court at some point later in your life.
ZC001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 01:20 AM   #34
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

We have to live with the mistakes our authorative figures make everyday, some with consequences far more dire than a friggin speeding ticket. It's not often we get to turn the mistakes on them, so why not take advantage of it? They sure like to take advantage of us. Using the "better man" ideology also is rather pointless as they all will just sh** on us anyway.

My 2c.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #35
prydey
Rob

disrespect for authority is the reason for the mess society is in.

there are no allegations here. the OP was caught speeding, and admitted fault.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 01:34 AM   #36
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Please God save us from all the do gooders.

I am just wondering if all you pious holier than thou wowsers actually practice what you preach.

If your car breaks traction in the wet or on gravel do you immediately pull over and order a tray truck to take it to the impound yard?
If you notice you have exceeded the speed limit do you write a letter with a cheque enclosed to the transport department?
If you get mud on your windscreen do you defect yourself?

If you are not seen by anyone else is in not illegal?

Or are you just hypocrites and the law only applies to others......

The law is the law and there is due process. The same laws that denote the speed limit and penalties also denote the infraction process and if the process is not followed then that is no different exceeding the limit, it is not lawful.

As a community car enthusiasts do not need to fear the rabid car hating Scrubys of the world for there is far more danger from within...........

As far as morals, the guys who crashed the aircraft into the twins towers, the guards at the various gas chambers and work camps throughout history, the members of the Spanish inquisition, the crusaders of the middle ages etc. all had extremely strong moral values.

They thought they were doing the right thing for a better world.

Others may disagree.....
What a load of rubbish!

For a start, the breaking of traction is why I have traction control. If it was to happen and a cop was to see me, I would cop it on the chin and not give the cop BS.

If I exceed the speed limit, of course I do not pull over, write said letter and enclose the cheque. What I do is answer the cop honestly and pay the fine if I am caught, like any responsible adult.

If I get mud on my windscreen, no need to defect myself, that is why my car was fitted with window washers (which are always in operating order).

If you are not seen, it is still illegal, just like if a tree falls over but no one hears it, it still made a noise.

As for you reference to aircraft into the twin towers, gas chambers etc, relevance? Or did you just bring that in for shock factor. Don't worry mate, it is just another one of your government conspiracies I guess.

People amaze me, they will use any little issue to try and get off when they know they are guilty, but they are first to jump up and down, criticise the system and want to lynch people if someone gets off a more serious charge due to a technicality (which is what this is).

It's all a question of ethics, are you a consequentialist or deontologist? Personally I am a deontologist in my beliefs, you know you broke the law, you admitted it, man up and pay it rather than trying to hide behind the mistake in a system that is over stressed due to workload. It does mean it is ok to break the law as long as it can not be proved you did so or as long as no one was hurt.

One key piece of info that has not yet been disclosed, was it a camera fine or did you get pulled over. If it was a camera fine and you take it to court, don't forget the cops will have a nice happy snap of your car and the magistrate will go to town on you for being smart.
Old 28-02-2010, 01:38 AM   #37
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
We have to live with the mistakes our authorative figures make everyday, some with consequences far more dire than a friggin speeding ticket. It's not often we get to turn the mistakes on them, so why not take advantage of it? They sure like to take advantage of us. Using the "better man" ideology also is rather pointless as they all will just sh** on us anyway.

My 2c.

So if someone was to murder a member of your family, leave no evidence and leave the police with no suspects. Then that person manages to confess to the murder but that confession is not admissible due to a technicality, is that then ok because it is a "good thing to get one over the system, they do it to us"?

I am with Prydey on this one.

Last edited by geckoGT; 28-02-2010 at 01:46 AM.
geckoGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 02:05 AM   #38
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
So if someone was to murder a member of your family, leave no evidence and leave the police with no suspects. Then that person manages to confess to the murder but that confession is not admissible due to a technicality, is that then ok because it is a "good thing to get one over the system, they do it to us"?
We always like to bend our perspective to suit something that benefits us. All humans do it. What it comes down to is who is standing after the dust settles. If you can do it, then do it. Instead of conforming to a system that also enjoys doing this and has greater capability to abuse it than you.
So to answer your question of course I wouldnt like it since its not a preferrable outcome to me. And like everyone else, (including the murderer of your story) ill fight tooth and nail to make the outcome beneficial to me.

Once again simply my standing on it. I dont expect to (or will try to) change any minds with it.
Old 28-02-2010, 02:11 AM   #39
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:

Once again simply my standing on it. I dont expect to (or will try to) change any minds with it.
And you are correct in your view of it, the murky waters of ethics. You are a consequentialist in that something passes your test of ethics if no one is hurt or disadvantaged. It fails my deontological view of ethics because even though no one was hurt or disadvantaged, it was still wrong.
Old 28-02-2010, 02:28 AM   #40
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Well it is good that we can agree to disagree on this matter geckoGT. And that it was done in a sensible way. Unlike the molehill mountains we've been seeing lately. Good show mate.
Old 28-02-2010, 02:31 AM   #41
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Well it is good that we can agree to disagree on this matter geckoGT. And that it was done in a sensible way. Unlike the molehill mountains we've been seeing lately. Good show mate.
Always happy to disagree as long as there is reason behind it, some rep points have already come your way.
Old 28-02-2010, 03:18 AM   #42
dom_105
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Consider it karma.

You getting out of this fine makes up for one guy (maybe even yourself) who got done by those shifty Wellington Road cameras on Eastlink, or who got done by those Maribyrnong City Council cameras, or got done when they believed they were in the right.

You think Spring Street would give you the benefit of the doubt if you forgot to pay your rego? No, of course not. So why should you be expected to give them the benefit of the doubt when they are in error?

You will probably have to pay up anyway, but if I was in your position I wouldn't be paying squat until I've sent a letter to try and get out of it.
dom_105 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 04:02 AM   #43
sk8xr8
sliding by you...

Im 26 years old, i was brought up fairly diciplined, when I acted up as a kid, dad would ask me, " did you break that?" he always knew the answer, it was a test of honesty and integrity, if I tried to make excuses, or lie, I would have the sense beaten out of me, if I just man up and apologised, I was still punished, but it didnt hurt as bad...

In january of 2007 I was caught speeding, I overtook some cars on open highway, pulled back into my lane, went around a very slight bend and what happened?!? well, let me tell you, there was this silver VZ SS 6.0l looking straight down the lens right at me, i immediatly looked at my speedo, 136ish km/h, "im done here" I said to my mates, I pulled over directly across the road from the police car, he said to me " I appreciate that you didnt make me chase you" but to my suprise, the fine was for 158km/h in a 100 zone, I was shocked, in denial, but took the fine, turned around and went home, regardless of what the figure on the ticket was, it was payed, I did 12 months with no licence due to the fact that it was a long weekend, double points, double time....

I copped it on the chin, I knew I did the wrong thing, maybe the degree of wrong was a little innacurate, but I would have lost my licence either way...

Im not a "do-gooder" as I read earlier, but if I do the wrong thing, and I get done, I man up and face the consequences, its life, you just have to deal with it, looking back on it now, it was a good thing, I learnt a lesson, it was a hard one, but I did it, as far as I can tell so far, you're not loosing your licence, you know what you did, I get what your argument is, but c'mon man, this is ridiculous....

IF YOU DO THE WRONG THING, AND YOU KNOW IT, WHAT ARE YOU ASKING EVERYONE ON HERE ABOUT?

IF IT WAS A PHONE BILL, AND IT CAME IN WITH A LOWER AMOUNT THAN WHAT IT SHOULD BE, DO YOU RING THEM AND TELL THEM YOU'RE NOT GOING TO PAY IT BECAUSE ITS NOT THE CORRECT AMOUNT??? .............NO, YOU'D PAY IT AND SAY,

"IDIOTS"

THIS ALL JUST SOUNDS LIKE EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE......
sk8xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 04:37 AM   #44
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_

Has anyone had this problem before?
or know what to say?
and what my outcome should be?
yes it has happened to me, i copped two speeding fines that were not mine, the number plates and cares were almost identical.

I asked for the photo to be sent to me from both fines then also added a photo of my plates and sent it back into the police via email ( from the phone calls )

It took a little while to process but it was cleared and i did grab a letter from the police that null and voided the fines and still have it some where.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 05:15 AM   #45
Stoney!
Happy Volkswagen owner

Just pay the stuffing fine, the guy made a mistake, we all do it every day. It would be a really shame to see a police officer get in trouble over this easy mistake when he was just doing his job and you are clearly in the wrong.

Stoney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
Holden are kicking the enemy when they are down. Trouble is Ford seems to lay down a lot.
Stoney! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 05:21 AM   #46
sk8xr8
sliding by you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney!
Just pay the stuffing fine, the guy made a mistake, we all do it every day. It would be a really shame to see a police officer get in trouble over this easy mistake when he was just doing his job and you are clearly in the wrong.

Stoney!

second that...!
sk8xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 06:35 AM   #47
iliov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
at least people like prydey try to look at things from two sides and not just the one that helps them
Who cares, help a fellow forum member out. help him get out of the fine. stop being such technical nerds.
iliov is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 06:43 AM   #48
iliov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT

I am with Prydey on this one.
Murder is different to a fine. He sped , who cares. He can exploit the system so let him. If you were in the same position im sure you would rather not pay 227 dollars.

Last edited by fairmont1998; 01-03-2010 at 08:47 PM. Reason: No need for name calling
iliov is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 08:20 AM   #49
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Mate, do as Kamshaft says, DO NOT write a letter, it is an admission if you do and they will reissue the brief. Front the magistrate, he will note the fault and send you on your way.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 08:35 AM   #50
EB 2 XR8
Traino!

Quote:
if you know that it was you that was speeding and it is merely an administration error - just man up and pay the damn fine already.

all these threads where people can't handle the consequences of their actions are getting rather tiresome.
pffttt whos gunna do that?

if you got a chance to get out of a fine - you would.

simple.

EB 2 XR8 - 5 Speed, All Black, SSV Bodykit,

EF 2 XR6 - 5 Speed, XR Kit, Sunroof,

Current Car:

EL GLI - Straight As!
EB 2 XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #51
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_105
So why should you be expected to give them the benefit of the doubt when they are in error?
they are not in error. he sped, they caught him. i don't think any of that is in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB 2 XR8
pffttt whos gunna do that? if you got a chance to get out of a fine - you would. simple.
sorry, not everyone thinks like that, as evidenced in this thread.

like others in this thread, i was raised to accept responsibility for my actions. i've had my share of fines, done a stint on public transport even and so learned my lesson. in the last 12 yrs i've had 1 speeding fine and maybe 2 other traffic infringements. i'm not perfect, i'm just saying, when i'm wrong and get caught, regardless of how many mistakes are on the notice, i pay up.

the only time i would consider arguing, is if i was confident it wasn't me.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #52
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

I'm with Prydey Too.

Pay the fine and take responsibility for your own actions.
Old 28-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #53
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

Wink

Quote:
... i was raised to accept responsibility for my actions. i've had my share of fines, done a stint on public transport even and so learned my lesson. in the last 12 yrs i've had 1 speeding fine and maybe 2 other traffic infringements. i'm not perfect, i'm just saying, when i'm wrong and get caught, regardless of how many mistakes are on the notice, i pay up.

the only time i would consider arguing, is if i was confident it wasn't me.
Frankly mate, who cares? You guys want to preach? I'll preach.

China, it doesn't really matter how you were raised here, as it's hardly about respect, honor, etiquette and all the other blown up aspects you sad clowns are crowing about as a tool to get one up on another man - a man who's who's asking for help.

That's good for you and the rest of you preaching from your high horses who are so grossly narcissistic that you really think you're a cut above the rest and everyone else wasn't raised properly, and cannot believe otherwise.

Taking a leaf out of your book of pompous arrogance, I tell you categorically that I was raised in a perfectly cultured manner, and I don't often go around riding my high horse like the Duke of Hamburg. Get over yourselves and help a bloke out.

Perhaps if you were really cultured, you'd know your etiquette, keep your mouth shut, and help the man out even if you didn't agree with it OR or retain your so valuable self integrity and don't speak at all. You'd know your place.

There. I said I'd preach.

Post Script:

This is not a personal attack. It is an anti-personal attack. No, but seriously, this is not about Prydey. It's MUCH larger than that. This is about all of the saddled people who feel that this thread just wouldn't be complete without their two shillings worth. I just do not feel that it's neccessary for people to ride around these forums on bandwagons and crucify anyone who doesn't join them for whatever reason be it their own way of living or dealing with an issue, having some balls, or simply a difference of opinion.

This is one impersonal charge against a dozen, who together charge on one. An ever changing dozen.

Before a mod deletes this post, one should think, which is the lesser crime here? It is wildly off topic though! For that I plead guilty.

Last edited by Kamshaaft; 28-02-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Kamshaaft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #54
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamshaaft
Frankly mate, who cares? You guys want to preach? I'll preach.

China, it doesn't really matter how you were raised here, as it's hardly about respect, honor, etiquette and all the other blown up aspects you sad clowns are crowing about as a tool to get one up on another man - a man who's who's asking for help.

That's good for you and the rest of you preaching from your high horses who are so grossly narcissistic that you really think you're a cut above the rest and everyone else wasn't raised properly, and cannot believe otherwise.

Taking a leaf out of your book of pompous arrogance, I tell you categorically that I was raised in a perfectly cultured manner, and I don't often go around riding my high horse like the Duke of Hamburg. Get over yourselves and help a bloke out.

Perhaps if you were really cultured, you'd know your etiquette, keep your mouth shut, and help the man out even if you didn't agree with it OR or retain your so valuable self integrity and don't speak at all. You'd know your place.

There. I said I'd preach.

Post Script:

This is not a personal attack. It is an anti-personal attack. No, but seriously, this is not about Prydey. It's MUCH larger than that. This is about all of the saddled people who feel that this thread just wouldn't be complete without their two shillings worth. I just do not feel that it's neccessary for people to ride around these forums on bandwagons and crucify anyone who doesn't join them for whatever reason be it their own way of living or dealing with an issue, having some balls, or simply a difference of opinion.

This is one impersonal charge against a dozen, who together charge on one. An ever changing dozen.

Before a mod deletes this post, one should think, which is the lesser crime here? It is wildly off topic though! For that I plead guilty.

Your points would have relevance if he had posted on here and said that he received the fine with his name and address but it was not his rego and there was no way it was him as he was not even in the area at the time of the offence. If that was the situation then most of us (if not all) would give him advice to fight it.

But that is not the case, it was him and he did the offence and now he is trying to get off on a technicality when he knows he is guilty. We are not preaching, we are just giving an opinion that he asked for. That is the danger of internet opinions, you will not always recieve the one you want to hear. I don't see how our opinion is preaching and we are being "do gooders" and "hollier than though" when we are just saying man up and accept the responsibility for an offence you have admitted doing.

By the way, we still have not heard from the OP as to the type of fine, was it a camera? That vital piece of information will make all the difference in trying to defend it.

As for all us "people on bandwagons". none of us have criticised him for speeding, I for one have not, I just disagree with this attitude of "fight it and get off, even though you did it", to me it shows a lack of responsibility. That same lack of responsibility that those very same members preach on here about in different circumstances. Maybe responsibility and honesty are ideals that are only important if it suits the individual faced with the decision, that is the way it seems here.
Old 28-02-2010, 01:11 PM   #55
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamshaaft

I disagree, this is about not taking responsibility for ones actions, a common occurrence on these forums and in life now days.

All of us in here have done the wrong thing at some stage, the difference is some man up and cop it on the chin, others look for a way out.

If the OP wants to try and find a loophole then so be it. But don't expect everyone to pat him on the back and rain down sunshine and lollipops for doing so.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #56
nthnbeachesguy
Starter Motor

What a load of codswallop, ppl have an amazing ability to justify their own actions to themselves and outside of that it's very difficult to persuade them otherwise. Personally if I was the OP I would do everything in my power to get out of it, ******** the govt and the ever increasing hand in my pocket and stick over carrot mentality.

Similar to that If I can put one over big business I'm happy to do it. AGL, Telstra , Holden ( probably ford as well if I'd owned one) amongst others have all tried on various ways of raping my back pocket. If I was to "cop it on the chin" how long would I have to wait for them to give me something for nothing?

From mind fines for speeding on open deserted roads like the OP trangression benefit nothing other than the officers quota and the govt coffers. I have had AGL try and charge me ridiculous amounts for gas consumption when it turn out they havent even read the meter for over 2 years, I could have shut up and copped that one, would that have been fair enough in the eyes of some of the other posters in this thread?

Having said all that I have managed in the two years I have lived in Australia's police state Victoria I have clocked up almost 90,000kms without so much as a parking fine touch wood. It's always easier not to give them an excuse. IMO if you can get out a fine that resulted from a momentary lack of concentration on the speedometer to actually look at the road you should do it.
nthnbeachesguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #57
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I don't think any of us here are arguing against speeding fines being Draconian.

If only those here who disagree put as much emotion and energy into lobbying their local member to have something done about it we may not have so many of these threads.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #58
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

I would just write the letter as advised, pointing out that the registration is incorrect, no admission, nor say you aren't paying since it is incorrect. And dont offer the correct details. Then it is up to them to resend the infringement notice with the correct information after they have rechecked the details. Just be prepared to pay in the end, but I would not pay until all details on the notice are correct.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #59
elvisidal
Tatalia's a pimp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_
and what my outcome should be?
shitlisted basically

you should pay it.you were speeding you got caught man up and pay it.
Old 28-02-2010, 03:34 PM   #60
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Well, as far as i can see you have made two mistakes.....

1. Getting caught speeding.

2. Admitting on here that you where infact speeding and asking for advice on how to avoid paying the fine.

Let me ask you a question if you do decide to fight the matter in court, what will your answer be to the judge when he/she asks if infact you where speeding ?? remember you will be under oath, and believe me, a third mistake may cost you a lot more.

My 2c worth of advice on this....just pay the dam thing and move on, i doubt you will win this one.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post