Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #31
Outback
Banned

Ash trays
Outback is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #32
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I will certainly miss my xenons when I ditch this R32. The view distance is incredible, the light is so clean and they'll adjust when you turn into a corner.

Those wondering about heated seats - you do realise you can turn them off?! In winter, they're an absolute godsend on leather. Maybe because I do on-call work and often get called out at early hours of the morning.. in winter, sitting on leather seats certainly makes downstairs pucker up - a quick flick and your nether regions are warm within a minute.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 11:54 AM   #33
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPOG6
For that I have also added to your reputation.

Heated seats. Are you having a laugh? We live in Australia... not Antartica.

I have a black G6E Turbo with black leather and on a hot day... it takes about 10 minutes with the A/C on to get it to a point where I can sit in it. Stuff heated seats. Give me better A/C.
Actually cars with heated seats tend also to have cooled seats as well. It's quite nice having cooled leather seats on hot days.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #34
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1) A sun roof from factory
2) A manual gear box that is actually good
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #35
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Traction control tries to stop the wheel which is slipping and therefore transfer the torque to the other wheel, this kills a bit of momentum as the brakes are trying to bring the spinning wheel to a stop. You then have the traction control kill engine power if it thinks both wheels have little grip.

A EDL works differently ( in fact you have to turn traction control off for it too work), it doesnt try to stop the wheel with no grip, in fact it doesnt care at all if the wheel is spinning, all it is doing is making sure that both wheels are receiving 50:50 torque, it does this by slighty retarding the more free wheel to send the power the other way, constantly adjusting the slight brake pressure to keep both wheels spinning, in effect it works like a locked diff, probably not as effective as a trulely mechanically locked diff (like a RTV) but it will help in a lot of low traction situations, and it was bloody impressive to witness.

It adds no weight and little cost to the car as it acts purely using the ABS and traction ctrl systems. Its simply an extra program in the ABS/traction control module.

Hey I liked it, but understand if people think it would be useless.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #36
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

* Auto windows up/down. It is a feature of the BEM on the Ford Focus so for heavens sake bring it to the Falcon.

* Sync. We want Sync. Stop treating Australia like back-water idiots. We're a country of early tech adopters. (Temp er a ture twen ti two.....)

* LCD Instrument Cluster with customization options. Same for the ICC. ie Customizable background, intro video, colours, in-car warnings (doors open, lights left on, reverse park distance, handbrake on etc) - all individualised to each drivers keyfob.

* Multicolour instrumentation - not only can you change the brightness of your IC, ICC and other switchgear, but you can cycle through the colour range too.

* EDID video input on the ICC with a standard physical interface (VGA, DVI, HDMI etc) for the upcoming wave of aftermarket CarPC systems. Also, change the size of the under-parcel-shelf sat-nav location so as to fit common CarPC case sizes.

* Optional - Climate Controlled Seats with electric quick-start heat augmentation. Heated seats are on many Toyota's. There are many parts of Australia that could use heated seats - southern states, definitely anywhere inland during winter early in the morning. Those people suggesting that it is hot everywhere at all times of the year have their head up their nostrils. However, CLIMATE CONTROLLED SEATS would be simply fantastic - especially if it meant you could have optional back, neck or rib-cage vents. Hot black leather leaves scorch marks. And don't leave out the rear seats.

* Seat belt warnings for rear seats. OK, so they just added it to the passenger seat for Euro 4 compliance. But I have kids and I want those damn rear seatbelts on.

* Mirror Dip on Reverse and Auto-Dipping Rear-Vision Mirror as an option across all models.

* Add memory to passenger seat as well as the drivers seat. When my wife drives I want to sit in the passenger seat a certain way. When I drive she wants the passenger seat set differently. And for heavens sake, ADD SEAT TILT ADJUSTMENT to passenger electric seats! Has electric Lumber adjustment on drivers seat filtered down from the BF LTD into any of the FG models?

* Ability to add in-cabin night-vision rear-seat-facing camera to the Reverse Camera system. I have put something like this in my own BA myself. As a single adult driving in the dark with kids quite frequently, I can see what the kids are doing in the back - can see if they are asleep, being mischievous, have blown the seals on the nappy and are sitting in poop etc.....

* Ability to lower the drivers seat further. I'm not tall and I still feel like I'm looking through the graded tint at the top of the windscreen. And that sunvisor is going to decapitate me one day. Does anyone ever wear a cap in their falcon? I keep my cap into the sunvisor - and if I have to flip the sunvisor up or down forget it!

* 3-zone climate control with better rear-seat venting. Vents in the Rearmost seats for 7 seater Territory. (Let's hope it's been added in the new model)

* Option for a name-brand high performance sound system. Premium sound was OK but they can do a lot better than that.

* Electric Boot Closer. Check out the mid 1990's Chevy Caprice taxi. Or many current Audi's.

* Optional tyre pressure monitor.

* Support for DAB (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Audio_Broadcasting) with TIME SHIFTING. I live in the age of Set-Top PVR and Windows Media Center. When I'm in the car, sometimes I want to skip back to listen to a song again, or repeat what someone just said, or pause a radio station while I'm filling up with petrol.

* Speed Reduction on Cruise Control. When the current Bosch 8.0 ABS module is upgraded to 8.1 spec, add the ability the apply the brakes when on cruise control when on down-hill overruns. And I'm sure that the Bosch 8.0 model already includes an amount of brake application during wheel sleep (ie this so called EDL) to function as an electronic LSD. The Territory does it with the same module so it's just programming. The hardware is all already there. Hill Descent Control is already a form of cruise-control downhill-over-run speed limiting when you think about it.....

* Cup Holders with Cooling/Heating for Coke/Coffee drinkers.

* Revtones. OK, this one has a bit of silliness attached. But the ability to have an engine noise play within the cabin, linked to rpm or engine load, that is from another type of car. This is GenZ XBox/Playstation type stuff that could appeal to younger buyers. Those who have bought an I4T or I6LiLPG for economy purposes could still enjoy the 'sound' of driving a V8, V10, V12 or even an F1. Do I dare suggest an optional under-bonnet loudspeaker?

* Integrated Internet Access - probably over the top. But with the addition of a wireless keyboard/mouse, you could either put an optional USB 3G Dongle into the car, or even Bluetooth to/from your existing Mobile Phone, and browse the Internet from the car (Or from your phone via the car). Not good while driving of course unless you're using Google Earth, but otherwise good for searching for accomodation, restaurants, satnav map updates, music downloads etc

* Rain sensitive wipers

* Programmable Auto-Lights-Off delay timer.

* Optional blinking brake lights on brake application.

* I'd like to see a baby hybrid system that replaces a traditional torque converter with a hybrid generator/motor and allow for engine stop-start in city traffic.

* ABS module assisted Sports Mode - corner assisted braking.

Lukeyson
Old 23-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #37
MAD
Petro-sexual

One small thing I've seen on a few euro cars is puddle lights. Its small but I reckon it would add something.
Old 23-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #38
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

And some more.

* A PCM that allows for 2 or more dynamically accessible engine mappings. At least one for Economy and one for Sports. You could also add a lockable Valet mode, or even a 'my kid's driving the car' mode.

* Bimodal Exhausts with electronic control - with some level of user-selectable rpm trigger.

* It would be cool if some sort of sonar technology existed that could be used to detect whether you will scrape the chin spoiler or some part of the undercarriage on driveway entries or speedhumps. I have no idea how this could be implemented though.

* Front Parking sensors.

Lukeyson
Old 23-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #39
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier
* Auto windows up/down.
This. For God's sake Ford get with the program.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #40
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why does eveyone keep saying "Auto windows up/dowm" for?? My FG has it.. Are we talking about pressing the window button (once & then release) & then the window keeps going down by itself?? They already have this!!

OMG luke... Anything else??
Old 23-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #41
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Why does eveyone keep saying "Auto windows up/dowm" for?? My FG has it.. Are we talking about pressing the window button (once & then release) & then the window keeps going down by itself?? They already have this!!
And does it do the same to wind the window back up? No.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Old 23-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #42
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
And does it do the same to wind the window back up? No.
Personally I've never see any car have auto up!! I would have thought there is a safe issue with that.. Figures, neck, head, god knows what kids could get stick. Is there any car in the world with auto up? Not something I'd want on my car to be honest.. It's dangerous.
Old 23-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #43
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Quote:
On the drivers door only, and on window open only, that feature has been around in the Falcon for a long time, yes.

But on the Focus this is what you get:

(1) On EVERY door, press the window open button for more than a second, and the window automatically opens completely.
(2) On EVERY door, press the window close button for more than a second, and the window automatically closes completely.
(3) When the car is locked. Unlocked the car with the keyfob. Then press and hold the unlock button again - and ALL windows open automatically.
(4) Conversely, Lock the car, then press and hold the lock button again, and ALL windows close automatically.

The only extra thing that would be useful is a rain sensor auto-windows-up, so if the car is left sitting with the windows open on a hot day, the same rain sensor used for rain sensitive wipers would trigger the windows to close automatically.

Lukeyson
Old 23-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #44
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Personally I've never see any car have auto up!! I would have thought there is a safe issue with that.. Figures, neck, head, god knows what kids could get stick. Is there any car in the world with auto up? Not something I'd want on my car to be honest.. It's dangerous.

My Mazda 6 has auto up and it works a treat. No safety issue as the window will stop if something is blocking it.

Old technology that has been around for years. Purely a cost cutting initiative on Fords part that Falcon doesn't already have it.

On my wish list for Falcon:
A manual transmission drivetrain that doesn't have more backlash then a tractor.

Premium sound system that is actually premium.

Locking fuel cap like Falcon had in the good old days.

Factory that backs the product. Current Terri debacle comes to mind.

New dealer network to go with new Falcon. The seventies are over, the dealer network needs to update with the car. One deserves the other.

I know the last two aren't "Falcon features", but without the last two, what is put in the car, is basically irrelevant for me at least and I suspect a lot of other potential customers.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #45
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
The fleet hack Toyota Corollas and Camries in the carpark all have it, and the window will stop if something obstructs it.

Old 23-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #46
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Geez...Listen to yas.

With some of the stuff you guys want you may as well sell your house and live in the car!!

New feature that I would like:
Slightly modified XR6s (like the E-series), different cams, tune, etc.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #47
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I had never read this topic I would have never know about these window options. I've been missing out all these years!!
Old 23-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #48
BlackLS
yum

Quote:
On the drivers door only, and on window open only, that feature has been around in the Falcon for a long time, yes.

But on the Focus this is what you get:

(1) On EVERY door, press the window open button for more than a second, and the window automatically opens completely.
(2) On EVERY door, press the window close button for more than a second, and the window automatically closes completely.
(3) When the car is locked. Unlocked the car with the keyfob. Then press and hold the unlock button again - and ALL windows open automatically.
(4) Conversely, Lock the car, then press and hold the lock button again, and ALL windows close automatically.

The only extra thing that would be useful is a rain sensor auto-windows-up, so if the car is left sitting with the windows open on a hot day, the same rain sensor used for rain sensitive wipers would trigger the windows to close automatically.

Lukeyson
On my focus the power window switches are a 2 stage switch, press it down a notch and when you release it the window stops, press it fully down 2 notches it opens/closes automatically.

Also with the fob, you can keep holding down lock or unlock for all auto down/up (no need to press unlock once, then hold down) Awesome on a hot day though, airing out the hot air from the car whilst your still 30 metres away. Also means I/passengers never need to wind the windows up before stopping the engine.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #49
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Quote:

OMG luke... Anything else??
nissan patrol has it ...the santa fee doesnt and it annoys both of us ....
Old 23-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #50
Gaz
Got Ghia?

Yep, auto up/down is a godsend. Work bmw has it on all windows, if it's hot when ya jump in, flcik them all at one and drive off, when ya park, flick them all again and walk away.

Could we also get electric windows that close with speed and stability. Ever closed a falcon door with the window half open? the glass bounces around badly!
Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #51
HSE2

Huge effort Luke
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #52
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Luke, fantastic well thought out list, you've captured my thoughts (plus more) exactly.
We picked up our new 2010 CX7 luxury Sport 2 weeks ago and the level of appointment in that car far out classes anything from our local manufacturers. Its simply a fantastic vehicle to drive and "live" with...
I pick up a new FG XR6 on thursday and i'll put together a comparison between the 2 to show where we miss out....

Old 23-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #53
BA_GTR

Along with many of the above such as Xenons and whatnot... Paddle shift for the ZF and faster shifts on the ZF.
BA_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #54
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

You want to track down Datamine. He's developed a way to at least add paddle shifts to 4Sp Autos. I think he was also working on a way to do it with ZF's as well.

Lukeyson
Old 23-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #55
irlewy86
Meep Meep

I'd like to know how well the Prius solar cooling system works. Would be a hot option (scuse the pun) for some Outback customers if it can handle the heat.
Old 23-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #56
turbo_man

a spa in the place of the drivers seat
turbo_man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 05:34 PM   #57
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

"And I want a horn, here, here and here!"

Old 23-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #58
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Good list there Luke,

My Citroen has a feature, then you quickly remove the foot from the accelerator and then apply the brakes quickly and hard (ie in an emergency) the hazzard lights automatically turn on. Don't know if it has already been mentioned, or if the new Falcons already have this feature.

Many of the requested features are small electrical additions / modifications to already existing hardware.. wouldn't cost all that much to impliment them in a new model if part of the design process.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #59
glavas

god people it takes 5 seconds to open all the windows how impatient can ya be?

i would like to see weight reduction start stripping these big mumas down. and no buttons on the dam steering wheel there so crowded. also a factory head and cam package would be bliss

maybe even have a option were you replace the center console with a small fridge

and the heated seats just were long pants people. were not in russia

and rain sensing wipers? is it that hard to turn them on?

Last edited by glavas; 23-02-2010 at 06:39 PM.
glavas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #60
b2tf
not here much anymore

I'm sorry to those I offend here but I am reading this list and some of it is a bit far fetched.

Quote:
* Auto windows up/down. It is a feature of the BEM on the Ford Focus so for heavens sake bring it to the Falcon.
Agree with you 100% - and if/when they do it, PUT IT IN THE UTES TOO.

Quote:
* Sync. We want Sync. Stop treating Australia like back-water idiots. We're a country of early tech adopters. (Temp er a ture twen ti two.....)
Not quite sure what Sync is so no judgement on this one. Yes I am Australian.

Quote:
* LCD Instrument Cluster with customization options. Same for the ICC. ie Customizable background, intro video, colours, in-car warnings (doors open, lights left on, reverse park distance, handbrake on etc) - all individualised to each drivers keyfob.
Don't really have an issue with my current cluster but the keyfob thing is a good idea.

Quote:
* Multicolour instrumentation - not only can you change the brightness of your IC, ICC and other switchgear, but you can cycle through the colour range too.
Does it come in Pretty Petunia Pink? ****.

Quote:
* EDID video input on the ICC with a standard physical interface (VGA, DVI, HDMI etc) for the upcoming wave of aftermarket CarPC systems. Also, change the size of the under-parcel-shelf sat-nav location so as to fit common CarPC case sizes.
I am 23 yrs old so I probably should be right up to speed with this sort of thing but why in the hell would you want a computer in your car? Would you like a dishwasher too?

Quote:
* Optional - Climate Controlled Seats with electric quick-start heat augmentation. Heated seats are on many Toyota's. There are many parts of Australia that could use heated seats - southern states, definitely anywhere inland during winter early in the morning. Those people suggesting that it is hot everywhere at all times of the year have their head up their nostrils. However, CLIMATE CONTROLLED SEATS would be simply fantastic - especially if it meant you could have optional back, neck or rib-cage vents. Hot black leather leaves scorch marks. And don't leave out the rear seats.
Have removed my head from nostril long enough to suggest anybody who needs heated seats ought to harden up. Your kids will be bullied for asking for it to be put in the school bus too.

Quote:
* Seat belt warnings for rear seats. OK, so they just added it to the passenger seat for Euro 4 compliance. But I have kids and I want those damn rear seatbelts on.
Not a bad idea - but neither is telling the kids to do what they're told.

Quote:
* Mirror Dip on Reverse and Auto-Dipping Rear-Vision Mirror as an option across all models.
Good idea.

Quote:
* Add memory to passenger seat as well as the drivers seat. When my wife drives I want to sit in the passenger seat a certain way. When I drive she wants the passenger seat set differently. And for heavens sake, ADD SEAT TILT ADJUSTMENT to passenger electric seats! Has electric Lumber adjustment on drivers seat filtered down from the BF LTD into any of the FG models?
Good idea - that's 2!

Quote:
* Ability to add in-cabin night-vision rear-seat-facing camera to the Reverse Camera system. I have put something like this in my own BA myself. As a single adult driving in the dark with kids quite frequently, I can see what the kids are doing in the back - can see if they are asleep, being mischievous, have blown the seals on the nappy and are sitting in poop etc.....
Would you like a periscope too? I much rather watch the road instead of my kids taking a dump while I'm driving.

Quote:
* Ability to lower the drivers seat further. I'm not tall and I still feel like I'm looking through the graded tint at the top of the windscreen. And that sunvisor is going to decapitate me one day. Does anyone ever wear a cap in their falcon? I keep my cap into the sunvisor - and if I have to flip the sunvisor up or down forget it!
Cap wearer here and no real issue but this is one that has been common in falcons for ages, so yes add it to the list.

Quote:
* 3-zone climate control with better rear-seat venting. Vents in the Rearmost seats for 7 seater Territory. (Let's hope it's been added in the new model)
Fair. Drive a ute so it's not an issue for me but fair.

Quote:
* Option for a name-brand high performance sound system. Premium sound was OK but they can do a lot better than that.
Agreed entirely, would be a great idea.

Quote:
* Electric Boot Closer. Check out the mid 1990's Chevy Caprice taxi. Or many current Audi's.
I have 2 boot closers stuck one to the end of each arm.

Quote:
* Optional tyre pressure monitor.
Yes, so long as it is electrified to prevent the neighbourhood rats from stealing the valve caps which you'll then have to replace from Fraud Spares at cost and curse the idiot who put the system in the car all the way back to the car.

Quote:
* Support for DAB (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Audio_Broadcasting) with TIME SHIFTING. I live in the age of Set-Top PVR and Windows Media Center. When I'm in the car, sometimes I want to skip back to listen to a song again, or repeat what someone just said, or pause a radio station while I'm filling up with petrol.
In the words of the TV ad - the rest of Australia shouldn't have to wait for me. But maybe you could tie this one in with the upspec name brand sound system. Could someone please tell Ford's audio Dept to stop shopping in JB HiFi and buying all the cheap knockoff weirdo name brands.

Quote:
* Speed Reduction on Cruise Control. When the current Bosch 8.0 ABS module is upgraded to 8.1 spec, add the ability the apply the brakes when on cruise control when on down-hill overruns. And I'm sure that the Bosch 8.0 model already includes an amount of brake application during wheel sleep (ie this so called EDL) to function as an electronic LSD. The Territory does it with the same module so it's just programming. The hardware is all already there. Hill Descent Control is already a form of cruise-control downhill-over-run speed limiting when you think about it.....
My FG will hold speed perfectly when going downhill.

Quote:
* Cup Holders with Cooling/Heating for Coke/Coffee drinkers.
Stuff it - let's go the whole hog and put a vending machine in. Imagine if this system was put in - it'd bugger up and freeze your coffee and boil your coke, break down and Ford service will tell you 'it's normal, they all do it'.

Quote:
* Revtones. OK, this one has a bit of silliness attached. But the ability to have an engine noise play within the cabin, linked to rpm or engine load, that is from another type of car. This is GenZ XBox/Playstation type stuff that could appeal to younger buyers. Those who have bought an I4T or I6LiLPG for economy purposes could still enjoy the 'sound' of driving a V8, V10, V12 or even an F1.
Dear God, re-read the bit above where I mentioned your kids getting bullied for goofy ideas. Admittedly though it would save FPV heaps to whack the Focud TDCi engine under the hood of the GT and just put a 'broom' sound on it.:

Quote:
Do I dare suggest an optional under-bonnet loudspeaker?
Do you dare to step outside and admire the sunshine in the real world?

Quote:
* Integrated Internet Access - probably over the top. But with the addition of a wireless keyboard/mouse, you could either put an optional USB 3G Dongle into the car, or even Bluetooth to/from your existing Mobile Phone, and browse the Internet from the car (Or from your phone via the car). Not good while driving of course unless you're using Google Earth, but otherwise good for searching for accomodation, restaurants, satnav map updates, music downloads etc
See the satnav thing I get but refer to the 'why do you want a computer in your car' point - would it not be much easier to attach a steering wheel to your PC at home somehow?

Quote:
* Rain sensitive wipers
Hopefully they're not too sensitive to the rain or they might not work?

Quote:
* Programmable Auto-Lights-Off delay timer.
AU's had this, has it been deleted?

Quote:
* Optional blinking brake lights on brake application.
Yes because nothing encourages confidence in drivers like the car in front of you flashing like it's about to explode. Two big red taillights not enough?

Quote:
* I'd like to see a baby hybrid system that replaces a traditional torque converter with a hybrid generator/motor and allow for engine stop-start in city traffic.
I drive a V8 and live in the country. Hybrids are about as intresting to me as Toll Road.

Quote:
* ABS module assisted Sports Mode - corner assisted braking.
Huh?