Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-10-2009, 12:56 AM   #31
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxr
Sounds to me this gentleman (cough) maybe a recent release from a mentally impaired institution.
I believe the non offensive term is retirement village.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #32
timothyds

this happened to my wifes new car but whoever did it kicked the out of the whole drivers side, if id seen them doing it you would not have needed to call the cops id have put them in hospital. if you cant have somthing please dont ruin mine i work hard for what i have. its my greatest fear to have my coupe, which has been in the paint shop for 6 months damaged when i finally get it back on the road.
timothyds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #33
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am sorry to see that this lame behavior is becoming more widespread, sorry to hear that you had this happen, and others. I have a (kindof) related story - friend of mine bought a then NEW BA Futura, on the way home from the dealership he hit the supermarket to get some milk - some charmer parked beside him give him a huge door dent/scratch on his driver doors, front and rear. insurance wouldn't cough up cost him 1.2k to get the panels repaired on a car with less than 50 kms on it, not to mention the inconvenience took them a week to fix it up. Absolute pathetic behavior, dogs have more respect for trees than some people have for each other

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 10:03 PM   #34
4117kev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had this happen to my BA xr8, usually i would park well away from anyone this time I was sick and took the first available park, come out of the doctors to the full length of the rear gaurd scratched back to the primer.

This was my first new car and cost us $68000 after options only too find some jealous had to feel better about themselves by scratching it.
4117kev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 10:47 PM   #35
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4117kev
This was my first new car and cost us $68000 after options only too find some jealous had to feel better about themselves by scratching it.
There's the key word right there.

I recently purchased my first car, a BA XR6 and it's my pride and joy. If someone were to key it i'd go nuts!
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2009, 01:29 AM   #36
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I recently took a trip to Canberra. Made a halfway stop at Tarcutta servo. The was 4 empty spaces on either side of me. But a Volvo wagon had to take the spot right next to me with 3 kids in the back.

I charged up to my car and got something out of the boot so they knew any untoward banging of doors would be seen by the owner.

Geez, I'm glad I drive a dented crapbox of an EB everywhere. The stress of parking the G6ET ANYWHERE near other people is shocking.
Daily: SZII - 56,000 km - converted to Tezza
Watto_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #37
GavL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watto_Cobra
I charged up to my car and got something out of the boot so they knew any untoward banging of doors would be seen by the owner.
That is something that really peeves me. Empty carpark and someone HAS to park in the spot next to you.

Go figure :

BAII XR6 in SHOCKWAVE
5SP Manual | Sports Leather Seats | Premium Sound | Dual Zone Climate Control | Sunroof | Reverse Sensors | 18" XR8 Wheels | XR6T Exhaust | Lowered | XR6T Intake | GT Steering Wheel

AUIII XR8 in NAROOMA BLUE
Info to come soon!
GavL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #38
China

Had it happen to my XR6 $3700 to repaint the drivers side of the car, it probably a good thing I didn't catch the perp or I would have accidently broken his his fingers, but that is propably my old school upbringing
China is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #39
jizza182

Well you are far more restrained than I, first thing would have been to beat the ******** out of anyone I saw doing that to my car or anyone elses regardless of their mental condition or circumstance.

Would expect the same treatment if I was the kind to do that to others in return......

No excuses or reasons for vandalism, if your jealous get a damn job and buy something nice for yourself.
jizza182 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #40
jizza182

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavL
That is something that really peeves me. Empty carpark and someone HAS to park in the spot next to you.

Go figure :
Agree completely, its always the bogans with the crap cars too, its like magnetism.

I had an event at the little girls child care centre and the park was chockers so I purposely parked at the end where the were no parks (but enough room to park one car), some bogan mother parked her dinged up excell right against the door where there was certainly no parking allowed.

This with a car not 3 days old, needless to say I saw only the red spectrum for a few minutes.

I am not a large bloke and pretty agile but I had to squeeze damn hard to get in the door.

Hope she enjoyed the feel of the big greeny which was hocked on to her drivers door handle, didnt want to make a scene removing her door mirrors for her with the little kids around.........

It sucks having to be doctor ******** in a car park and hunt for the end car park and ensure you reverse in with your rims dangerously close to the gutter just to reduce the chance of others stupidity.
jizza182 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #41
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Timely thread. Last Sat nite around 1am I had two guys walk up to our car thats parked outside our house in a quiet suburban street.

I see these two leaning over the bonnet and I guessed they were up to no good. So I jump out of bed, throw some shorts on and bolt out the front. I find the aerial bent over at right angles.

By this time there at the end off the street, oblivious to the fact that I was out the front. I bolted straight after them and fronted the taller of the two.
They were in total shock, denied they did it and carried on like a couple of good sorts. I grabbed the taller one and marched him back to the car, his mate took off which didnt worry me, one less to deal with if things went south.

I make him try and straighten the aerial which he cant do, I took him inside my home, grilled him for a few minutes by this time he was a bit teary eyed. His mate then comes back to my place. The mate admits he was the one that did it. Drunk on cheap wine was the excuse, 17 years old both of them.

I got the main offender to ring his parents which he was reluctant to do. I spoke with his mother, explained what they were up to and asked her to come in pick them up. The mum turned up all apologetic, by this time both were very sorry, they offered to come and mow the lawns or do some chores. Which I declined. I told them I dont want any compensation I just want them to appreciate other peoples property.

In the end they were not bad kids. Hopefully they've learnt a lesson.
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2010, 10:46 PM   #42
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

well done GTpete. you probably did teach them a lesson, non violentally, and it will stick.

i remember, about 6 months ago, i had a horrid day at work. stopped in at castle plaza to grab some cigarettes and i ALWAYS park at the top of the carpark, massive long walk to the complex, no one parks there unless its late night shopping. it wasnt. mine was the only car there, about 10 spaces either side...i get back to see a young woman in a 4WD has decided to park right next to me and boy, did she get close. her drivers door, my passenger door. i stood and watched as she tried to get out without hitting my car, and control her brood. after a bit i walked over and said, "may i make a suggestion?" "what do you mean?" she replied irritably. "i mean, move your petrol drinking SUV two parks over so you can actually GET OUT of the car without damaging mine! there are ample parks, why did you park here?"

replies: "you are rude, i will park where i like."
me:"no worries. ill just grab your rego information so i can prosecute if you hit my car"
...........nothing...
moves SUV as i stand there, tapping foot with arms crossed. i hop in the car and as i leave, copped the bird. oh well, at least she didnt hit the XR. but if she had, i wouldn't have minded, as then her insurance would have paid to fix the dent that a shopping trolley left me with
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #43
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

to beat this phenomenon i drive my car through lantana first and if they can beat my scratches they win a free mars bar ...but thats the patrol ...lol.i dont know about the twits that would key a car ...up there with shopping trolley leavers lazy ....s .
Old 18-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #44
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Delete post... :evil3:

Last edited by pottery beige; 18-03-2010 at 11:07 PM.
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #45
UKXR8

My friend had a similar thing happen to her.
She got up to go to work, found her car had had all its tyres slashed, then looked around to see every other car on the street had the same treatment...
How empty must these peoples lives be. Total losers.

2003 AU3 XR8 MANUAL

1998 EL XR6
UKXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2010, 11:50 PM   #46
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im sick of going to such extreme lengths to park my car. im sick of looking like an idiot for refusing to park in a certain spot in a busy shopping centre when its the only spot free
why cant people just use their brains? at kfc i park at the end parking spot right up against the gutter, the parking spaces are big enough as it is
i park so far i can completely open my passenger side door without going over the white line
next to this space is disabled parking, the spot is wide enough to fit nearly two medium sized cars...
non disabled people ALWAYS park in this spot and ALWAYS park right on the white line
you give them extra room to make up for their poor parking and they still manage to practically park in the same spot! then you look at the other side and theres 2 metres to the path leading to the front door!
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2010, 12:30 AM   #47
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had some tool get up me for taking up four space's at Bunning's once.. I just looked at his busted old sigma and told him to get ************!!
Old 19-03-2010, 09:04 AM   #48
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

4 spaces is asking for trouble
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #49
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Brand new BA GT.. Put as much room between me and $50 sigma's.. And alway's leave my mutt moll in it on guard duty for the car scratcher's..
Old 19-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #50
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I even park my 8 year old BA XR6 as far away from other cars as I can.

But if I see a fellow B-series XR in a carpark I can't help myself and I'll park next to them

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #51
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

its getting worse by all accounts ,in the last couple months i have been a little more aware of others just for curiosity ,and have witnessed no less than 6 people lean the trolly on the next car before driving off.... now where on earth does one get the thought that it is ok is beyond me. and on 1 occasion ( i hope she is not your missus ) in an x5 see a trolley lent against her front drivers side ...i kid you not stood and looked at it (i pulled up just to watch what she was gunna do ),she got in her car and backed out slowly !!!without moving it even a little .so is it a case that noone cares even for there own car and in reality it is just a big car derby .

i regularly argue with a guy at work that freely admits that he does not put trollies back ....ever, and he has 2 new cars so there is no way of beating this problem ,.and for the others that damage peoples cars on purpose well i got nothing ...in a way i cant wait to catch someone doing it to mine ,but in all seriousness i fear for what i would do to them as i have a very short fuse on these matters.
Old 19-03-2010, 12:04 PM   #52
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate was blewing with his missus.. She scratched the word ******** on his driver's side door.. Such a funny sight see him getting down the road in his old Val ute with such a very naughty word for all to see.. hahahaha
Old 19-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #53
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is all news to me. I just park my van anywhere - I regularly squeeze it in to tight parks between whatever kindof car, but I've never had a problem. Not even a scuff mark from the car next to me.

Is it one of those ironies - if I was driving a nicer car and tried it with that, would it be damaged on the first shopping trip? Or are people in my neighbourhood in Inner Melbourne more careful and considerate?
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #54
Fled74
The Thread Killa

My car was brand new back in 2005, I'd only had it for two weeks when I came out of the supermarket to find a little dent in my boot lid. I was so upset I couldn't drive for nearly an hour.

The dent's still there today.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #55
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Quote:
You cant be serious, this is the reason this country is going to ...political correctness.
Ask me, the bloke deserved a belting for being stupid enough to think he'd get away with it.

If his motive is with the influx of tourists, I wonder if he considered why the Merc driver had NSW plates. Perhaps he should have waited until he knew they were definately tourists and not some poor bloke who's been sent interstate on work commitments.

Oh thats right, he didnt care so why should we defend his mental state, he's clearly a nutcase and quite likely always will be.
Quote:
Well you are far more restrained than I, first thing would have been to beat the ******** out of anyone I saw doing that to my car or anyone elses regardless of their mental condition or circumstance.

Would expect the same treatment if I was the kind to do that to others in return......

No excuses or reasons for vandalism, if your jealous get a damn job and buy something nice for yourself.
Agreed that this guy is a tool and needs to be made an example of but seriously!!! Its not ok for an old bugger to key a car, but its ok to belt the guy senseless?! That attitude is about as arrogant as the old guy keying!

As said by others, the end result is a good one, the guy was caught and most likely cop a decent fine and possibly has law suits hanging over his head. Smashing his head would end you in jail give us enthusiasts more of a bad name (thanks to the idiots on the roads) as well as teaching the old guy nothing but avoid owners who are bigger than you.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #56
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would have belted the old dude into next week.. Sorry just that sort of bloke.. You scratcha my car i breaka your face!!..
Old 19-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #57
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i guess its my turn for a story if any1 has noticed in my build thread that i have 1 silver mirror and 1 black well that because 1 day at the shoping center in kingaroy i parked my car up to go do some shoping i probley got about 30meters away from it to here to sound of glass breaking i turned around just intime to c my mirror hanging down
some1 in a banged up vl and ran straight into it amazingly enough no other damage to my fairmont just the mirror.
so anyways started to run back over to the car they saw me and cained it out of the carpark wish i had a rock...... :

Performace
DBA 4000s, Blue power intake, Whiteline swaybars, FG manifold, PWR Radiator, king springs low, Monroe gt sport
DJR bobtail, LSD 3.46, 20%UD
Pacemaker 4490s, Venom cat, redback catback
mick457 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #58
sleek7

If there was accidental damage done to my car in a parking lot and I saw it id be damned ****ed off and be chasing up repair costs off them but I think id stay pretty civil about it all, but to see someone intentionally keying my car or something similiar I really dont think I could stay civil.
There are just some things that will just push a man over the edge and intentional damage to my pride and joy is one of them.
sleek7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #59
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

we've had two occasions this year of someone walking down streets with a can of blue spray paint... 'tagging' everything.

first occasion waws down main street where they sprayed a few business walls, and the side of a Toyota camry hatch.

second time was down my in'laws street, where they sprayed 6 cars all up.

Heroes....
Old 19-03-2010, 06:20 PM   #60
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I too can comment on this phenomenon if you have a nice clean shiny well kept car no matter what you do stuff happens to it I believe people do stuff to it as you look after it it means something to someone so lets ding it up cause its nicer than mine.

I have driven some rather crumby old cars never did they get damaged anywhere but when I went and got myself a more expensive and nicer car all kinds of stuff started happening mirrors smashed off door dents trolley dings etc... here comes a story

I was at supermarket toward back of carpark sitting in car picking up wife was busy carpark was almost full and I was parked beside a quite newish white toyota anyway asian lady comes out with trolley and opens rear door and bends into car to put her crap in car and BOOM she hit my car with her rear door as her rearend pushed the door open out she come more shopping back in and BOOM again at which point i saw red i got out car and said to her "what the hell are you doing hitting my car you have done it twice in a row do you have any respect or what?" her response was typical "I didnt do it mind your own business, have a nice day" clearly I went ballistic and offloaded on this lady telling her that people like her are the reason there is so much road rage today and that she needs to show some respect for the belongings of others and if she is unable to respect the property of others maybe she should go elsewhere to live. She cried got in her car and left thankfully there was no damage to my car but its the principle of the thing we need to make carpark land owners responsible for door dent damage even partially then watch carparks get real wide real fast thats my theory if they make the parks stupid small then THEY should be footing the bill for the consequences not the car owner that receives the damage.

And to that end when did it ever make sense to make carparks so narrow you struggle to park a medium sized car in there (magna cruze) when carparks are this way I feel they are almost discriminating against large car owners as they just can't park.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post