Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 01:19 AM   #31
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

I hope the High Court finds in favour of the Professor. I'm sick of this country believing that the money they are given from the Government somehow comes from a magical place. Now that we have a huge deficit you and your children will be paying all of this money back for years to come, with interest.

We're in recession, we now have a huge deficit, unemployment is rising and yet with all this Kevin Rudd is our favourite Prime Minister? This country is stuffed.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:23 AM   #32
Redmund
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsy351
So if its proven illegal, what happens to the people who have already received it?
He introduced the Alcopop tax illegally. Hands up all those that paid the extra few dollars for their drinks and were refunded.

This package is ridiculous anyway. Plummeting the country into more debt will worsen this situation we are currently in.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:25 AM   #33
Redmund
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO83
I hope the High Court finds in favour of the Professor. I'm sick of this country believing that the money they are given from the Government somehow comes from a magical place. Now that we have a huge deficit you and your children will be paying all of this money back for years to come, with interest.

We're in recession, we now have a huge deficit, unemployment is rising and yet with all this Kevin Rudd is our favourite Prime Minister? This country is stuffed.
Agreed.

Illegal taxes. No economic idea. Borrowing money and sending us further into debt.

But hey, he doesn't have bushy eye brows like John Howard did. :togo:
Old 01-04-2009, 01:43 AM   #34
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:

I'm going to be very technical here, and tell you we are NOT in a recession, as a recession is described as two quarters of negative growth, and we have not officially slipped into that category yet. We will also be paying for government debt regardless(we all pay tax all the time, that's what they use to repay debts) so really, we are simply getting a quick fix. But if your belief is that Ruddles is an idiot, an alternative solution would be......?
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:49 AM   #35
Redmund
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLWXR6
We will also be paying for government debt regardless(we all pay tax all the time, that's what they use to repay debts)
Sorry, let me understand this.

I pay income tax.
I pay 80 odd cents a litre in fuel excise.
I pay 10% GST on most goods and services.
I pay stamp duties on cars and houses.

John Howard managed to wipe off 94 billion dollars of national debt and put us into surplus. Tell me why we are now in debt?
Old 01-04-2009, 02:02 AM   #36
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLWXR6
I'm going to be very technical here, and tell you we are NOT in a recession, as a recession is described as two quarters of negative growth, and we have not officially slipped into that category yet. We will also be paying for government debt regardless(we all pay tax all the time, that's what they use to repay debts) so really, we are simply getting a quick fix. But if your belief is that Ruddles is an idiot, an alternative solution would be......?
Ok, we are not in a recession, but all indications point to the inevitable. I never stated or implied that Rudd was an idiot. An alternative solution would be...cut red tape for small business, cut taxes, introduce a competitive labour market system.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:14 AM   #37
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmund

I pay income tax.

John Howard managed to wipe off 94 billion dollars of national debt and put us into surplus. Tell me why we are now in debt?

coz john howard was leeching off the mining boom....creating massive amounts of money with exports etc... rudd inherited a sinking ship... the mining boom has died.. there goes a fair whack of income...and is the reason the aussie dollar has dropped.... the whole world has gone to poo.... not just australia...
Old 01-04-2009, 02:24 AM   #38
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu-GenixX
coz john howard was leeching off the mining boom....creating massive amounts of money with exports etc... rudd inherited a sinking ship... the mining boom has died.. there goes a fair whack of income...and is the reason the aussie dollar has dropped.... the whole world has gone to poo.... not just australia...
The mining 'boom' wasn't there to help pay off billions in debt left by the Keating Government in the 90's, but I do remember an Asian economic meltdown that we avoided and still managed to pay down debt.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:57 AM   #39
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the fact still remains the world wide economic conditions are A LOT different now then when your beloved johnny howard was in power... the signs were there towards the end tho.. with rising interest rates etc...
Old 01-04-2009, 03:18 AM   #40
RPO83
ĕm-bär'gō? 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu-GenixX
the fact still remains the world wide economic conditions are A LOT different now then when your beloved johnny howard was in power... the signs were there towards the end tho.. with rising interest rates etc...
I didn't state who I support. The signs were there, the interest rate hikes were to slow down economic growth to curb inflation, nothing at all related to the 'GFC'.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:52 AM   #41
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
He introduced the Alcopop tax illegally. Hands up all those that paid the extra few dollars for their drinks and were refunded.

This package is ridiculous anyway. Plummeting the country into more debt will worsen this situation we are currently in.

if you remember any money gained by the "alcopop" tax was returned to the alcohol industry or some crap, so the government didn't see any any part of it.
XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
Old 01-04-2009, 07:04 AM   #42
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

I just want my $900 I dont give a rats about anything else. I pay enough tax to deserve some of it back.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:09 AM   #43
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you pay attention, the Financial crisis started before the election... John howard stuffed up everything, then palmed it off to the new guy

Stupid Liberal party "Er ar, we didn't do it, they did!" :
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

After a patient 2 years...
Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #44
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

How is it illegal!

It's just giving us back a bit of what we give you.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.

Last edited by Laminge; 01-04-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:09 AM   #45
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

The one and probably only time where I was going to get a direct benefit and some useless egghead god damn academic steps on it!! Who is this guy? Has he ever done anything actually usefull?

Probably some left wing bicycle riding twerp with beard, glasses, bad grooming resplendent in a tweed jacket and leather elbow patches. Most likely has NEVER been out of the school system and has no idea of the real world.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:13 AM   #46
AUIIForte

What if this whole stimulus package for the people earning under 80k a year is just one big April fools day joke?
Old 01-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #47
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope this guy realizes if he wins, and we dont get the 900, that be better get security for his family/himself or better locks on his doors, as people will want to kill him, there is plenty of pyscho people depending on this 900...
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Old 01-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #48
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
No he didn't, it was introduced after it was passed in the lower house and was awaiting rubber stamping in the Senate. Didn't happen tax was revoked, what was illegal about that?

Quote:

I pay income tax.

GDP Debt in 1983 under John Howard 8.4%
GDP Debt in 1996 under Paul Keating 6.4% (not bad considering there was 2 reccesions)
Current GDP debt under Rudd 5.0%
Current Average OECD debt 8%

Lets have all the facts before we start crowning politicans like beauty queens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman
The one and probably only time where I was going to get a direct benefit and some useless egghead god damn academic steps on it!! Who is this guy? Has he ever done anything actually usefull?

Probably some left wing bicycle riding twerp with beard, glasses, bad grooming resplendent in a tweed jacket and leather elbow patches. Most likely has NEVER been out of the school system and has no idea of the real world.
No he was a former National Party offical which means he believes unless your ancestors were white free settlers you are simply cheap labour to be used and abused
Old 01-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #49
cob115
COUPE WHORE

im going to upset a lot of people who dont understand what this willl do to stuff australia ,but i hope this $900 dont make it,its a dumb assss stupid idea that us and our kids will be paying back in higher taxes ,inflation will go nuts as well,people who say bulls,,t just give it a few months to a year as things go backwards,i remember our last time when these morons had control of our money ,bring back howard at least he wont and didnt stuff australia : love you john

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
Old 01-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #50
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Settle down people or I will settle the thread.

If you dont know what your talking about dont post, which would be new for some
Old 01-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #51
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:

I pay income tax.

We're in debt because Kevin Rudd borrowed after spending the surplus...
And obviously john Howard didn't repay the money in a day. Took him years to do it. Who's to say K-Rudd won't do the same. Time will tell but seriously, no matter how anyone looks at this, no one is ever going to be 100% happy with our government. I didn't like Howard, and I don't agree with all of Rudds ideas. Like they did in south park-"every election is going to be between a doosh and a crap-sandwich" meaning no matter who the vote goes to, your always getting someone you won't be happy with
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #52
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lets just wait and see what happens today k?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #53
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
The mining 'boom' wasn't there to help pay off billions in debt left by the Keating Government in the 90's, but I do remember an Asian economic meltdown that we avoided and still managed to pay down debt...................

...............I hope the High Court finds in favour of the Professor. I'm sick of this country believing that the money they are given from the Government somehow comes from a magical place. Now that we have a huge deficit you and your children will be paying all of this money back for years to come, with interest.

Two of the best posts I had ever read on AFF.

Daniel
Old 01-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #54
XWGT