Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-02-2009, 11:37 PM   #31
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

The true Heros in our country today are the firefighters, ambulance officers, police officers and soldiers who risk their lives every day so we can live ours.

When it comes to the bushfires in Vic - Lets not forget the other emergency services as well - they aren't getting the media coverage but I guarantee you that where you see a fire truck or two there are ambulances and police tucked in there somewhere as well.

I have grown up in a family of firefighters and am now engaged to a paramedic so have always had a deep respect for the emergency services.

Yes they are just normal men and women who would bashfully decline to be labelled as heros but at the same time a small acknowledgement of what they do everyday goes a long long way in keeping their morale going especially in todays day and age.