Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #31
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I thought I'd move this out here so everyone can have a look.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #32
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Hmmmm this train was moving fast, we're now in Brussells!
Old 05-08-2008, 08:55 PM   #33
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Russell, why in gods name are you online?

Go and get drunk already! And find some hookers in Amsterdam, I'm sure the missus wouldn't mind!
I think he misses us allready he"s on msn too :
have a ball mate.. Cya on your return .

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2008, 09:15 PM   #34
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Tops pics Russ have an awesome time
Old 05-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #35
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Hmmmm this train was moving fast, we're now in Brussells!

Watch out for "the man" in Brussels, he's 6.4" and full of muscle. Don't ask "Do you speaka my language ? "
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #36
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yep, this Sunday the 3rd of August the Mrs and I are off to Europe for about a month and we are excited beyond belief. We're flying in and out of Paris and going around a few countries by Train, plus we have a nights lay over on the way there in Seoul.

So from landing in Paris we spend one night at the Hilton at the airport (I'm still getting good value out of saying "I'm staying in Paris Hilton" ) then heading by train to Amsterdam for a few days. We are then off to Berlin for 2 nights, followed by 5 nights in Prague. After that we are off to Lucerne for a few days on an overnight train then over to London for another 5 nights. Finally we will be staying in Paris for our last 4 nights before flying out on a 24 hour trip home.

I'm taking the laptop with me and most of our accommodation has free internet access so I will be in some contact here and will occasionally make some updates for anyone that is interested. Naturally any exotic cars sighted will be extensively photographed and photos will be uploaded into this thread.

I've also been able to find some safe accommodation for my XR8, it will be living in a shed at my old mans.
So you, the Mrs & PAris hilton man how goods that

my wife and I spent a month in Italy germany etc last eyar it was great she talked me in to going to prague I didnt want to go there but once I got there I loved it we had 3 nights booked extended it to 7 and cut back time with family in Austria (damn : ) stuff was cheap by comparison with the rest of europe and the people were great we met some interesting people. I'm so gelous, I have to go back to Italy again in October so My wife will be meeting me later that week and were planng on taking another week in Prauge

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #37
Ringo
I see you....

Went to Europe in late 06 and had a good time. Notice the pic has Terminus Nord in the background...that the Northern Train Station in Paris - there are 4 of them there and all of them make Southern Cross Station in Melbourne look cute.

Thats the thing that we never got used to in Europe was the size of everything. Charles De Gaulle Airport in Paris has four serperate terminals. We landed at Frankfurt which is the major air hub of Europe and I counted 15 747 Jumbos lined up down one branch of one terminal alone.

We got ripped off by a taxi cab in Paris but its a great city...go there again in a heart beat. The Latin Quarter has great Souvlaki's with chips for 10 Euro and there is nothing like a real french crossaint.

Berlin was the other major higlight. So much history its breathtaking. Do a walking tour they are worth the effort. We went to the concentration camp on the first day in Berlin which is on the outskirts of town. Its a long day trip to do but it leaves an imprint on your soul that you'll never forget. Second day we did a walking town around Berlin that was full of 'pinch me' moments because we couldn't believe we were there. The Germans are also great people and feel apologetic when they can't speak fluent english when at the end of the day your in their country.

In Berlin we had beggar come up to us and rattle off fluent German.. we said (in German) Don't speak German...and he then begged in fluent English !!

Tip from us - Tell everyone that your Aussie. They can tell your not American by the accent but will think your English until you tell them otherwise. When you tell them your Aussie everyone smiles and some do their kangaroo impression too(happened a lot)....No-one has any problem with Aussies when travelling.

Also don't think twice about paying to use a loo...they are the best ones.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #38
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

When in Berlin go down the Unter de Linden, (I think), anyway main street into town from the Brandeburg Gate, a few blocks down on the RHS is a large VW dealership, it is a building with windows etc not a caryard as we expect it but there should be a Bugatti Veyron in the corner window, also has Bentleys, VW's, Skodas etc as well
Across the road and down a bit from that is a Ferrari Dealer

There were Ferrari and Mercedes dealers on the Champse Elysees in Paris to
I stayed opposite where you are standing in the pic at the Hotel Apollo, was the worst one on my whole trip, but was close for the Eurostar back to London

In London go down Park Lane (the Hop on buses do it as well) beside Hyde Park, there are several dealers here, Lotus, Aston Martin, Corvettes and Hummers even. You will see luxury cars over there like you see Falcons here

I wont bore you with the normal tourist stuff, your wife has that under control, only car tips

Have a good time

PS - Not exactly car stuff but the Imperial War Museum in London has planes, Tanks, guns and other war stuff and is very good. There is also a good RAF museum out at Hendon with plane displays, a small way out of London but easy to get to on the train.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #39
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Stroker dude.
Where can i find some decent cheap accommodation in Ballarat for a week?
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #40
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Well I've finally found an internet connection that doesn't block AFF, I could get on some other forums just not here.

I'm currently sitting on a Eurostar train waiting to take off for Paris so I have to be quick.

Jastel I found that dealer and the Veyron was in the corner along with a couple of Bentleys, plenty of pics taken.

More updates as I can.
Old 25-08-2008, 11:12 PM   #41
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Photo's of a Veyron from a metre away is about as much as us normal people can hope for I suppose.....
Old 26-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #42
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Finally a decent connection.

Well my trip to Europe has almost come to an end. I am at my last stop in Paris for the next few nights and then back home on Friday night…but I don’t land until Sunday morning!

I’ve seen heaps and had an absolute ball, I think I’ve taken nearly a thousand photos – up to 2.5gb - too and that’s not exaggerating lol. First night was in the Paris Hilton (so many jokes there) and it was rubbish. The moved us from our first room that had a king bed saying it wasn’t “ready” into a room with a rattle from the aircon and two single beds. A quick phone call from a slightly irate me (I had been on flights for 24 of the last 36 hours) and they moved us to an executive room. Boy you’d be peeved if you had paid the 850 euro for that.

Next was Amsterdam which was a gorgeous city, although marijuana smoking is quite prolific to the point where it started to annoy me lol. The architecture and the history was awesome. After that it was on to Berlin where the weather was rubbish and we were only there for 2 nights, still a nice place though and we saw a bit. Following there we were off to Prague which was definitely a favorite. Words can’t really describe it there, plus our dollar fares really well. Then we were off from Prague to Lucerne – on a 14 hour train trip – not too bad surprisingly even though we were in a couchette which is a sleeper cabin with 3 other people….who all had “hygiene issues”. At least I got a bit of sleep. Lucerne was beautiful and a place where you could really take your time and slow down a bit, a great mid way point for us. From Lucerne we headed to London, I want to move to London lol. It is really addictive and was an absolute ball. Connex really need to head there to learn how to operate a transport system. Did all the tours there - Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament, St Pails Cathedral (got to go up to the top of the dome on the outside of that – I don’t like heights), Tower Bridge, Tower of London etc. It was a truly amazing place. Found some great shoppin g bargains too (I know, it's usually the mrs domain) a pair of YSL jeans for 10 pound reduced from 75 pound. They retail close to $200 at home and I got them from near enough to $20, and they're new.

So today it was a train trip from London to Paris on the Eurostar and then we had a look at the Arc de Triumph and the Eiffel Tower, which of course we went up. The queue for that was nuts but it was a great sight as the sun dropped and it lit up. Well more when I get back (if you want to hear). Pics soon, car ones first.
Old 26-08-2008, 10:08 AM   #43
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Well more when I get back (if you want to hear). Pics soon, car ones first.
Of course we want to hear! Look forward to seeing the pics as well.

Wanna buy me some duty free grog??

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2008, 10:11 AM   #44
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

PICS!
Dodgy Korean loading

WON DONG????

I remember something covering there when we took off?!?!?!?!?!?

Old 26-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #45
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

More

Dodgy Czech rail car

Old 26-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #46
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I'm tired so it's off to bed for me (nearly 0130 here) more pics up tomorrow.
Old 26-08-2008, 10:53 PM   #47
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Your Bugatti pictures are almost exactly the same as mine, one from every angle, LOL!
Old 27-08-2008, 07:13 AM   #48
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Some more car pics, once these are out of the road I'll put up some different ones of some sights for you.

What model Ferrari is this?

Old 27-08-2008, 07:16 AM   #49
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

OLD SCHOOL!!!!

I want one

Or one of these

Old 27-08-2008, 07:30 AM   #50
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

More tomorrow.
Old 27-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #51
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

London is awesome Russell!

Travel to Europe so cheap too

Prague is a favoruite of mine

How good is the efficiency of the Eurostar from Kings Cross St Pancras to Paris ? It departs and arrives right on time every time

Did you get to Harrods at all? Thames Boat Cruise? So many questions, sorry mate
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #52
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
London is awesome Russell!

Travel to Europe so cheap too

Prague is a favoruite of mine

How good is the efficiency of the Eurostar from Kings Cross St Pancras to Paris ? It departs and arrives right on time every time

Did you get to Harrods at all? Thames Boat Cruise? So many questions, sorry mate
It's been quite an experience. London was a favorite, I will definitely be going back. Prague was just something else, the history and the feel was unmatchable.

Funny with the Eurostar, we travelled 1st class so the food and drink was awesome but we left St Pancras 16 minutes late because of a points failure. Not a problem though as St Pancras had a free WiFi connection.

Wen't to Harrods, that's where the pic of the Ferrari came from. Overpriced with too many try hard tossers from what I saw lol. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to do a cruise on the Thames...but there is always next time.
Old 27-08-2008, 09:47 AM   #53
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

The Ferrari is a 599 Fiorano.

How FREAKIN SWEET does that Land Rover look!

Oo\===/oO
Old 27-08-2008, 09:54 AM   #54
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

That is a Range Rover Sport. Lower roofline etc

There is a group here in UK who do bodykits, new valances, lowering kits with big rims etc called Kahn Automotive

Looks alot like one of their creations - they are everywhere here
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #55
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
That is a Range Rover Sport. Lower roofline etc

There is a group here in UK who do bodykits, new valances, lowering kits with big rims etc called Kahn Automotive

Looks alot like one of their creations - they are everywhere here
There you go. I'd have one in a heartbeat.

Oo\===/oO
Old 27-08-2008, 09:57 AM   #56
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

That Jag looks to have "ford like" styling. What is that 3 wheeled white thing? Dont look to stable.
Old 27-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #57
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0
What is that 3 wheeled white thing? Dont look to stable.
A late model Peel P50????

Oo\===/oO
Old 27-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #58
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0
That Jag looks to have "ford like" styling. What is that 3 wheeled white thing? Dont look to stable.
That's because it was made whilst Ford owned Jag.
Old 27-08-2008, 09:59 AM   #59
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
A late model Peel P50????
Solar powered 3 wheeled car, looked rubbish!
Old 27-08-2008, 10:16 AM   #60
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Solar powered 3 wheeled car, looked rubbish!
Makes you want to do a solar conversion on the XR doesn't it!

Oo\===/oO