Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #31
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

No CGI in past Indy films? Check out the horrid airship in The Last Crusade! It looks like it's straight out of the original Red Baron computer game! And then there's the "leap of faith" thingy that he walks across near the end of the movie. 80s CGI.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #32
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

people only remember the good bits of older movies Ie running from the boulder and such
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 01:01 AM   #33
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't mind cgi being used to touch up a film, but to have the entire jungle chase as cgi/blue screen job was just too much. The bs monkey and vine stuff was just waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy over the top...
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 01:38 AM   #34
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw this movie the other day and found it to be much better than the reviews. It's in the same over the top slapstick style as the first ones and well it's the best of the lot and I'm old enough to have watched them all when new as a kid, It's a winner. I went to see it with a few other 30 something year old and we all gave it 4/5 . Well worth a watch if you are a fan of the older ones

I thought last part of the movie was great too unlike alot of people, and they left an opening to continue the series with either of the two actors. (Indy took the hat back did you notice ) So I'm thinking he's got one more movie left in him

Last edited by greenfoam; 31-05-2008 at 01:44 AM.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 01:43 AM   #35
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Best 15 odd bux I spent in a long time.

Though I had to convince my cousin that Aliens arent real (to our knowledge) and that the movie was made up with some real facts too, but he kept call Indy Hans Solo.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 02:19 AM   #36
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
No CGI in past Indy films? Check out the horrid airship in The Last Crusade! It looks like it's straight out of the original Red Baron computer game! And then there's the "leap of faith" thingy that he walks across near the end of the movie. 80s CGI.
2 things that go for what, maybe 30 total together? vs about 45 minutes worth in the new film. Look at his legs when hes having that sword fight between 2 cars, ridiculous. When you cant tell CGI is CGI, thats when itll look good.
Old 31-05-2008, 02:37 AM   #37
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Relax....... When you learn to stop worrying about everything looking perfect (CGI will never be as good as real life because it's not real) then it will be perfect. I didn't care and it looked fine to me. Let gooooooooo

And anyway how awesome looking is the skull, I'm impressed even now and that was days ago
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post