Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #31
bob 351
MIGHTY MAGPIES 2010

Location: yarram se vic in the shed listening to pinkfloyd and rubbing panels

Quote:
Didn't see Harbhajan doing any monkey rolls on the ground today.. perhaps tonight in court he'll do a few
I WAS HOPING CLARKY WOULD DO ONE JUST TO STICK IT UP THE TURBANATORS NOSE
bob 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 08:02 PM   #32
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was jumping up and down cheering, the missus came running in thinking I was being murdered! lol...

Awesome finish to an excellent match!
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 08:07 PM   #33
BENXR6T

indians got murdered with the umpires. umps gave the aussies at least 150+ runs. if symonds would have been given out when he should have, it would be the indians celebrating now. feel sorry for kumble, he triedhis hardest

oh well, happens. good on the aussies

20" incubus rims
6 speed manual
BLUEPOWER CAI
twin 2.5" catback

more to come
BENXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #34
prydey
Rob

who would've thought that australia could pull it off with less than 20 mins left in the days play and still 3 wickets to get with kumble not even looking like getting out. well done clarke and symonds.

from india's point of view they'd be pretty dissappointed with some of the decisions throughout the match but at the end of the day, you play the umpire.

how much would ponting have missed the balding blonde haired chubby bloke that normally stands at first slip. thats a bread and butter 5th day for warnie and i honestly didn't think they would be able to do it without him. glad i was wrong. they'd have to be odds on to take the record to at least 17 now.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #35
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

It's funny. That would probably have to be one of the worst matches I've ever watched. Exciting in its conclusion, but the weight of absolutely awful decisions against the Indians really made this a hollow victory. You haven't heard the last of this match, I'll be shocked if the BCCI don't come out in protest.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #36
Falcon_Crazy
PX3 WildTrak & RTV

How good was S Clark got the best batsman in the world out - Tendulka, averaging 300+ on SCG and who until today had never been dismisse in a tstat the scg - onya Stey
BA Falcon RTV - Project Ute 265,000km
Sold PXII Ranger XLT Cool White. 105,000
Sold PX Ranger XLT in cool white, 151,700km on clock.
Sold FGII XR6T Ute LTD Edition in Kinetic.
Sold FG XR6 Ute
Sold BA Falcon RTV. 251,300km.Was a great mate for last 7 years

Sold AUII XLS Ute
Sold '85 XF & Crashed 84 XF
Falcon_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 09:15 PM   #37
Hawk
I am The Brain!

He certainly loves bowling against the Indians young Pup. Phenomenal finish to the match, and yet another example of why Test cricket is the best sport going around.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #38
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how was the stalling tatics from the indian batsmen especially the last one Sharma, I loved the whole whoops i walked out with two right gloves thing! That was after he had already taken his sweet time...

As for the umpiring thing, well I agree that it was dissapointing, it happens and it tests a side, Australia wouldn't have faultered while india did after the Symonds thing, unfortunately it is part of the game.
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 09:43 PM   #39
bob 351
MIGHTY MAGPIES 2010

Location: yarram se vic in the shed listening to pinkfloyd and rubbing panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockel
how was the stalling tatics from the indian batsmen especially the last one Sharma, I loved the whole whoops i walked out with two right gloves thing! That was after he had already taken his sweet time...

As for the umpiring thing, well I agree that it was dissapointing, it happens and it tests a side, Australia wouldn't have faultered while india did after the Symonds thing, unfortunately it is part of the game.
YEP YOU GOTTA TAKE THE GOOD WITH THE BAD
bob 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 09:44 PM   #40
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Crazy
How good was S Clark got the best batsman in the world out - Tendulka, averaging 300+ on SCG and who until today had never been dismisse in a tstat the scg - onya Stey

99/2000 series, mcgrath got him in the 1st innings for 45 and fleming in the 2nd for 4.

03/04 was undefeated with a touch over 300 runs for both innings.

2 dismissals in 6 innings ave over 300 is still a great record though.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:44 PM   #41
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockel
I noticed in the first test, and now in the second that the Indians aren't playing to win, but are playing to draw. If their openers take 50 balls to get off the mark, yet ours can get to 150, what is the point of them being here? I know not many want to see them play (I have tickets, but have better things to do), however why not enjoy yourselves whilst on tour - you have nothing to loose.

Let's see if we can crush the Indians in the same way we crushed the POMS this time last year. 4-0? I'd be happy with that.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #42
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
I noticed in the first test, and now in the second that the Indians aren't playing to win, but are playing to draw. If their openers take 50 balls to get off the mark, yet ours can get to 150, what is the point of them being here? I know not many want to see them play (I have tickets, but have better things to do), however why not enjoy yourselves whilst on tour - you have nothing to loose.

Let's see if we can crush the Indians in the same way we crushed the POMS this time last year. 4-0? I'd be happy with that.

a lot of that has to do with dravid's form at the moment. if you look at the way laxman, tendulker and ganguly have been playing, it is very aggressive and run rate is more than a match for the aussies.

jaffer isn't working either so when both openers aren't doing there job it puts extra pressure on 3 and 4 not to get out but to consolidate and build a platform.

i would've liked to have seen sehwag come into the side (although apparently his form is not too good either), dravid back to 3 and maybe tendulker to open like in the odi's.

india are a top outfit and were pretty unlucky in this test but as has been said, thats the way it goes. i can't see them doing any better in perth but they do have a pretty good record at adelaide.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:37 AM   #43
itchy brother
Windsor Warlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
It's funny. That would probably have to be one of the worst matches I've ever watched. Exciting in its conclusion, but the weight of absolutely awful decisions against the Indians really made this a hollow victory. You haven't heard the last of this match, I'll be shocked if the BCCI don't come out in protest.

What are the BCCI going to protest?

The result?

Cast your mind back to the (i think) 94 Windies tour.
On day 5 of the WACCA test in the final overs Craig McDermott was given out caught behind when the ball clearly came off the peak of his helmut!
This desission not only gave the victory to the Windies, but also the series! :
While bad umpiring decisions do spoil the game to a certain degree, in the end the umpires are only human and have to contend with the crowd noise, India's exessive appealing at times(which i have previously seen live, first hand!) which can't be an easy job.

Well done to both teams on a great, hard foaght game with india getting a bit of bad luck, but That's Cricket!
Next test i think that India will have The Monkey on Their Backs :monkes: : :
Disco Stu is dancing for you! :disco:
itchy brother is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 01:54 AM   #44
Bax
Projecting

Got an Indian cab driver on the way to the pub this arvo when it was 6 for whatever.

"How's the cricket going mate??"

I didn't get much of a reply.. I really wish I saw him again later in the night.. Poor fella.. He was listening too it intently.
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 06:38 AM   #45
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Great win by the aussies, but i cant help laugh at the people on here bagging the umpires. Im sure everyone here has played the game or umpired it? Well i have for many years and for all you armchair cricketers that think its easy with your hot spots, slow motion replays and hawkeyes, you know nothing, as an umpire you have a split second to make a decision and thats it, standing 25 yards away doesnt always mean you always hear that edge being caught or a bat bad givin not out, you do make mistakes just like umpires in every other sporting game. The umpire cannot guess a decision, its either out or not out and if the umpire is in doubt, the decision always goes to the batsman. Maybe the Aussies got a few dodgy decisions given to them in this test but it evens out, there will be times when decisions go against them, umpires are only human in case you didnt realise. Get over it.
BZINGA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 07:46 AM   #46
Falcon_Crazy
PX3 WildTrak & RTV

TRIK67 - Agreed mate.

Buikld a bridge, and get on woth it. It disturbed me to hear that the Indians are considering going home. Swings and roundabouts people always has been in the great game of cricket.

Lets have a media ban until the first over on Thursday at the WACA!!
Sold FG XR6 Ute

Sold AUII XLS Ute
Old 07-01-2008, 08:03 AM   #47
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki
What are the BCCI going to protest?

The result?
The awful umpiring. Several Indian media sources have confirmed that complaints have been lodged over the standard of umpiring in both matches.

Roy given 2 lives, the first when he whacked the cover off the ball on about 30, to go on and score a ton, a stumping that on all accounts was out to me, given not out. Hussey, glanced one into the keepers gloves on about 40 to go on and score a bigger ton.

Then to give several Indian batsmen caught behind who were nowhere near the ball, to consult Ponting as to whether Clarke caught the ball when it wasn't clear that he a) caught it before it bounced b) the grassed it when he tumbled. Ponting claiming a catch the he himself, grassed.

Now Harby 3 match ban based only on the word of another player.

Already heard screams of boycotting the remainder of the tour. This series is going to linger for a very long time.

Bucknor needs to go, period.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #48
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIK67
Great win by the aussies, but i cant help laugh at the people on here bagging the umpires. Im sure everyone here has played the game or umpired it? Well i have for many years and for all you armchair cricketers that think its easy with your hot spots, slow motion replays and hawkeyes, you know nothing, as an umpire you have a split second to make a decision and thats it, standing 25 yards away doesnt always mean you always hear that edge being caught or a bat bad givin not out, you do make mistakes just like umpires in every other sporting game. The umpire cannot guess a decision, its either out or not out and if the umpire is in doubt, the decision always goes to the batsman. Maybe the Aussies got a few dodgy decisions given to them in this test but it evens out, there will be times when decisions go against them, umpires are only human in case you didnt realise. Get over it.
I'm an Aussie and a man fan. The umpiring out there was absolutely embarrasing. Expect to see a lot more headlines about the appaling standard displayed out there over the last 5 days. (clearly you haven't already been reading those from the past few days)
Old 07-01-2008, 08:05 AM   #49
HTCURRY

Well Harbhajan has been banned for 3 tests, the ruling being he DID racially abuse Andrew Symonds.

The thing is, i wish there was some proof and not such heresay, mind u i wouldnt put it past him.

No umpires, no video, no audio, so whats to stop everyone from accusing everyone else...and we already have an example of this....

The indians have cited hoggy, saying he called them bastards. Which supposedly is a big no-no for them, because it calls into question ones upbringing.

*Dons Conspiracy Hat*

I bet harbhajan is innocent, and this is all part of an evil plan ricky ponting hatched, what with the struggles he has facing harbhajan(has dismissed ponting 8 times in tests)

I wish the next test started tomorrow, you just know things are on the verge of exploding.
HTCURRY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 08:21 AM   #50
Falcon_Crazy
PX3 WildTrak & RTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCURRY

No umpires, no video, no audio, so whats to stop everyone from accusing everyone else...and we already have an example of this....

Integrity - both teams were asked to report any incidents that happened on the field. Ponting did. The Indians have now reported Hoggy.
Sold FG XR6 Ute

Sold AUII XLS Ute
Old 07-01-2008, 08:28 AM   #51
HTCURRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Crazy
Integrity - both teams were asked to report any incidents that happened on the field. Ponting did. The Indians have now reported Hoggy.
But its rubbish...in this instance i am willing to trust the fact that some one who hates courting media attention like Andrew Symonds would not lie or make something up.

However, it doesnt it mean it wont happen in the future.

You know the Indian thing is just retaliation, it has no basis, and they are doing it simply because they are p1ssed off.

Is that what we want? petty, petulant acts by teams?

Im glad the Indians appealed it, i want the ICC judiciary to do a proper investigation, and if he is still found guilty, to increase the ban for having the gall to appeal.
HTCURRY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 08:43 AM   #52
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A proper punch on in cricket
Could it ever happen?

Aussies have been asking for it for years (taking nothing away from their skill)
Good to see other teams toughening up.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 09:16 PM   #53
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After watching the test match, someone has written some rules that have to be incorporated by ICC,

(1) Ricky Ponting - (THE TRULY GENUINE CRICKETER OF THE CRICKET ERA AND WHOSE INTEGRITY SHOULD NOT BE DOUBTED ) should be considered as the FOURTH UMPIRE. As per the new rules, FOURTH UMPIRE decision is final and will over ride any decisions taken by any other umpires. ON-FIELD umpires can seek the assistance of RICKY PONTING even if he is not on the field. This rule is to be made, so that every team should understand the importance of the FOURTH UMPIRE .

(2) While AUSTRALIAN TEAM is bowling, If the ball flies anywhere close to the AUSTRALIAN FIELDER (WITHIN 5 metre distance), the batsman is to be considered OUT irrelevant of whether the catch was taken cleanly or grassed. Any decision for further clarification should be seeked from the FOURTH UMPIRE. This is made to ensure that the cricket is played with SPORTIVE SPIRIT by all the teams.

(3) While BATTING, AUSTRALIAN players will wait for the ON-FIELD UMPIRE decisions only (even if the catch goes to the FIFTH SLIP as the ball might not have touched the bat). Each AUSTRALIAN batsman has to be out FOUR TIMES
(minimum) before he can return to the pavilion. In case of THE CRICKETER WITH INTEGRITY, this can be higher.

(4) UMPIRES should consider a huge bonus if an AUSTRALIAN player scores a century. Any wrong decisions can be ignored as they will be paid huge bonus and will receive the backing of the AUSTRALIAN team and board.

(5) All AUSTRALIAN players are eligible to keep commenting about all players on the field and the OPPONENT TEAM should never comment as they will be spoiling the spirit of the AUSTRALIAN team. Any comments made in any other language are to be considered as RACI SM only.

(6) MATCH REFEREE decisions will be taken purely on the AUSTRALIAN TEAM advice only. Player views from the other teams decisions will not be considered for hearing. MATCH REFEREES are to be given huge bonus if this rule is implemented.

(7) NO VISITING TEAM should plan to win in AUSTRALIA. This is to ensure that the sportive spirit of CRICKET is maintained.

(8) THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE : If any bowler gets RICKY PONTING - "THE UNDISPUTED CRICKETER WITH INTEGRITY IN THE GAME OF CRICKET" more than twice in a series, he will be banned for the REST OF THE SERIES.
This is to ensure that the best batsman/Captain will be played to break records and create history in the game of CRICKET .
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 09:42 PM   #54
prydey
Rob

auxrviii - i couldn't disagree more. adam gilchrist has been campaigning for years for batsmen to be walkers and yet most have said that if he wants to its fine but they'll let the umpires do his job.

now all of a sudden the batsmen are cheats if they don't walk. was richie benaud a cheat? was don bradman a cheat? were the waugh's cheats? all of these would not walk.

if the batsman gets given out lbw after hitting it into his pad does that then give him the right to stand at the crease? of course not. if the umpire doesn't raise his hand you keep playing until he does. end of story.

if you want to walk, buy a dog!

how was the cricket not played in 'the spirit of the game'? are the aussies meant to give up with five overs to go and just go through the motions so to speak or do they not give up till the last ball is bowled. the latter is what they do and it worked. they did not appeal excessively i thought. if you are not familiar with the laws of the game it may look as though they were appealing unjustly at times, but the fact remains, if a batsmen pads up without offering a shot he can be given out.

also how long do you need to be in control of the ball for before it hits the ground or is 'grounded'. another grey area. regardless, it was given 'not out' anyways so i fail to see what all the fuss is about. would it have made a difference if it wasn't ponting who was appealing?

also regardless of how they come to the decisions they make, the umpires make the final decisions and their decision is final.

there is also a big difference between sledging and racism. if symonds called harbijan a monkey it would be a totally different thing. symonds would be banned without hesitation. all of a sudden when its the other way around the aussies are just soft whingers. i don't think so.

for me the poor sportsmanship has been shown by the indians. very sore losers. they are the cry babies. they're the ones who threatened to take their bat and ball and go home.

i've been watching cricket for many years and i didn't think there was anything wrong with the sydney test match. sure there was some poor umpiring and very blatant at times and it all seemed to favour australia but i can bet it wasn't intentional. its just the way it goes and the way it has been for 100 years. to now see the proportions this has all blown out to is mildly amusing and i truly think the australian media should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:47 PM   #55
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXRVIII
After watching the test match, someone has written some rules that have to be incorporated by ICC,

(1) Ricky Ponting - (THE TRULY GENUINE CRICKETER OF THE CRICKET ERA AND WHOSE INTEGRITY SHOULD NOT BE DOUBTED ) should be considered as the FOURTH UMPIRE. As per the new rules, FOURTH UMPIRE decision is final and will over ride any decisions taken by any other umpires. ON-FIELD umpires can seek the assistance of RICKY PONTING even if he is not on the field. This rule is to be made, so that every team should understand the importance of the FOURTH UMPIRE .

(2) While AUSTRALIAN TEAM is bowling, If the ball flies anywhere close to the AUSTRALIAN FIELDER (WITHIN 5 metre distance), the batsman is to be considered OUT irrelevant of whether the catch was taken cleanly or grassed. Any decision for further clarification should be seeked from the FOURTH UMPIRE. This is made to ensure that the cricket is played with SPORTIVE SPIRIT by all the teams.

(3) While BATTING, AUSTRALIAN players will wait for the ON-FIELD UMPIRE decisions only (even if the catch goes to the FIFTH SLIP as the ball might not have touched the bat). Each AUSTRALIAN batsman has to be out FOUR TIMES
(minimum) before he can return to the pavilion. In case of THE CRICKETER WITH INTEGRITY, this can be higher.

(4) UMPIRES should consider a huge bonus if an AUSTRALIAN player scores a century. Any wrong decisions can be ignored as they will be paid huge bonus and will receive the backing of the AUSTRALIAN team and board.

(5) All AUSTRALIAN players are eligible to keep commenting about all players on the field and the OPPONENT TEAM should never comment as they will be spoiling the spirit of the AUSTRALIAN team. Any comments made in any other language are to be considered as RACI SM only.

(6) MATCH REFEREE decisions will be taken purely on the AUSTRALIAN TEAM advice only. Player views from the other teams decisions will not be considered for hearing. MATCH REFEREES are to be given huge bonus if this rule is implemented.

(7) NO VISITING TEAM should plan to win in AUSTRALIA. This is to ensure that the sportive spirit of CRICKET is maintained.

(8) THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE : If any bowler gets RICKY PONTING - "THE UNDISPUTED CRICKETER WITH INTEGRITY IN THE GAME OF CRICKET" more than twice in a series, he will be banned for the REST OF THE SERIES.
This is to ensure that the best batsman/Captain will be played to break records and create history in the game of CRICKET .
Welcome to the Forums Harbhajan......

Old 09-01-2008, 10:33 PM   #56
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Maybe this thread will be deleted also.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #57
prydey
Rob

obviously the other thread on this topic has been removed. i don't want that to happen to this thread, as i started it to discuss the games as they happen throughout the summer.

i feel this has been done to death so time to move on. bring on perth. i sure as hell hope they put tait in the squad as well and leave out hogg. symonds and clarke can take care of the spin.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:54 PM   #58
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ummm, it was supposed to be a joke..... I didn't write it, given that the ICC are bowing to Indias demands someone thought it would be fun to come up with an Australian version.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 10:55 PM   #59
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Indians are threatening to go home just to try and get Harbarjan off his ban. Well I hope he doesnt get off , teams like India need to pull there heads in harden up and just play cricket. They might even win a test!
Old 09-01-2008, 11:23 PM   #60
prydey
Rob

come on guys, let it go.