Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-12-2007, 05:40 PM   #31
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Blimey, I don't think my work xmas party will be anywhere near as decent as what most of you have had, and I work for a large company.... go figure.

They are a little stingy and putting on a limited bar tab at the local sports club but not including any food... tight wads :

We were told there might be a small bonus in our next pay (which is the week after xmas) but from what others have said that were with the company last year it certainly wasn't anything overly fantastic!!!

Will have to dig this thread up after Friday night and let you know just how pathetic it all is :
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #32
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well the company were even tighter than we all thought.. they didn't even put a bar tab on.

Each employee had to pay for themselves. Admittedly my manager gave me a xmas card and some nice little earrings (cheapies but nice all the same), some of the girls didn't get a card let alone anything else...
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #33
rodderz

I had mine Friday for 2 of my workers and a few guys I worked with at our last job, we are all out on our own ventures now. Spent the weeknights (after working til 6-7pm!) putting up a 6m shade sail thinking it would be hot and sunny, only to have it pour down all arvo and night!

Bought a few slabs anyway and about 10kg of meat to devour, it's great to have the breakup for me straight after the last job for the year as you really appreciate the year 's work is over and you can hit it hard to celebrate

Then got called up by a customer yesterday morning to look at a job which had been waterlogged....I was like a bear with a sore head lol
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2007, 10:13 PM   #34
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

We had ours at a ritzy function centre, they supplied the food and soft drink and we had to shell out for booze, which we couldnt bring in unless you were crafty like me...
it started at about 6 and i was blind by 8...
but the main thing is we 'bonded' (well, me and a chick from accounts) which was the goal they said...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 10:44 PM   #35
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

We had a combined work party with the machine shop in our complex on Friday the 21st. My boss owns the land and buildings where we are and had a ball tearer of a night ! Many other business in the trade were invited and we had about 150 people turn up . We had the typical drinks and BBQ type deal with some entertainment. A burnout pad which was utilised by about 15 or so cars , some a few times . An EB sed with a stuffed trans and diff which we sacrificed the engine . $5 bucks a guess as to how long it would last at full revs with no water winner take all . It was a bit tired to start with and lasted 6mins and 46 secs. The winner took home $235 bucks . Then the draw card. We had a stunt driver in an 86 Hyundia jump thru an old caravan. Yep , jump thru a caravan. Ken hilarious it was . After the first time thru the radiator dropped it guts . Old mate driving was was thrashin the tits off it doing hand brake turns in the carpark going thru the van several times before he stalled it doin a brakie. Wouldnt start again so his boss got the L/cruiser and push started it ! Not too gently either . Once it was going he took off , tried to do a brakie to get and other run at the van, stuffed it up and slammed into the EB with the dead engine ! Now he turned his attention on it took of and rammed head on into the side of it a few times , before taking off and jumping thru the van again. About 40 mins of hilarious shite happened with the cruiser being used several times to get the Hyundia going again untill eventualy the hyundai was too stuffed to move under its own power ! It was jammed in gear so we ended up jacking the front off the ground , getting it running and letting it down so that it was doing a one wheel burnout. After the good tires were all fitted and burnt out we let it sit at full revs till it blew. I have a new found respect for hyundai. it went for 25 mins AFTER being thrashed to within an inch of its life , before it locked up solid. Didnt want to say die that little car. The night ended up at about 10:30 when the last of us left for home! I will see if I can get some footage and pics posted to prove it realy happened. Its a long story how it all came about but the unplanned test party a week before had something to do with it !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2007, 11:21 PM   #36
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

We had ours Friday night, held at the sherraton in Perth, Black tie affair, vegas theme had vegas show girls, a vegas singer and a real nice 3 course dinner and they even put us all up for the night.

oh and endless jugs of stella! woot!
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2007, 01:18 AM   #37
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
We had a combined work party with the machine shop in our complex on Friday the 21st. My boss owns the land and buildings where we are and had a ball tearer of a night ! Many other business in the trade were invited and we had about 150 people turn up . We had the typical drinks and BBQ type deal with some entertainment. A burnout pad which was utilised by about 15 or so cars , some a few times . An EB sed with a stuffed trans and diff which we sacrificed the engine . $5 bucks a guess as to how long it would last at full revs with no water winner take all . It was a bit tired to start with and lasted 6mins and 46 secs. The winner took home $235 bucks . Then the draw card. We had a stunt driver in an 86 Hyundia jump thru an old caravan. Yep , jump thru a caravan. Ken hilarious it was . After the first time thru the radiator dropped it guts . Old mate driving was was thrashin the tits off it doing hand brake turns in the carpark going thru the van several times before he stalled it doin a brakie. Wouldnt start again so his boss got the L/cruiser and push started it ! Not too gently either . Once it was going he took off , tried to do a brakie to get and other run at the van, stuffed it up and slammed into the EB with the dead engine ! Now he turned his attention on it took of and rammed head on into the side of it a few times , before taking off and jumping thru the van again. About 40 mins of hilarious shite happened with the cruiser being used several times to get the Hyundia going again untill eventualy the hyundai was too stuffed to move under its own power ! It was jammed in gear so we ended up jacking the front off the ground , getting it running and letting it down so that it was doing a one wheel burnout. After the good tires were all fitted and burnt out we let it sit at full revs till it blew. I have a new found respect for hyundai. it went for 25 mins AFTER being thrashed to within an inch of its life , before it locked up solid. Didnt want to say die that little car. The night ended up at about 10:30 when the last of us left for home! I will see if I can get some footage and pics posted to prove it realy happened. Its a long story how it all came about but the unplanned test party a week before had something to do with it !
from memory there's a video on YouTube somewhere where a few blokes get an oil-less and water-less hoondy and the thing gets the ringpiece thrashed out of it for 20-30mins or so.... hoondy's get a bad wrap but the donks must be as tough as old boots!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2007, 01:45 AM   #38
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

I work at Christmas parties and all those functions so we don;t have one. Christmas is usually our busy season.
In Febuary we have a "Christmas party", its BYO Alcahol, they supply the ice. sometimes its catered. Its help in the factory complex car park at night.

Other job we went to 10 Pin Bowling, we got party pies, meatballs and Tooheys New.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #39
scoupedy

Havn't had a Christmas party for years or leave loading or a decent wage johneys hangover is just starting
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post