Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #31
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Inexperienced driver wether 4x4 or anything else causes sideswipe
Im sick of people overtaking from the other lane in front of me expecting me to move
Its always people in underpowered cars,that cant accelerate from 100Ks
Im not real great at math,but hitting a 3 tonne 4x4 headon is gunna hurt

Anyway back on topic
Hit a cow head on at 100Ks ,pushed it 100 odd metres up the road,jack knifed and went bush (yep had a trialer on back)
Lucky i was in a 4x4,walked away not a scratch
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #32
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
this thread is macarbe why should people relive their traumatic experiences? and for what? this thread should be padlocked imho..
I can empathise with you. I am the first one to run for cover at the first sign of blood and yes I do find parts of this thread a little macabre but
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTTuS
No-one forces you too read or post in it.
Exactly. It is a public forum after all and while no one takes the opportunity to glorify their experience in some way (and I think that the mods would be all over them if they did) then I say let it roll. Who knows, their shared experience may help others make the right call if a similar situation ever arrises.

Bud Bud
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #33
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

big ninja saw XC hubcap came flying off me old XA Fairmont one day... nearly sawed a dozen or so dudes in half waiting at a bus stop......
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 11:09 AM   #34
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Was coming back from Alice Springs to SA one evening just after dusk in a TE Cortina, still in NT so was zipping along at 130. Came around a bend and saw 2 cows standing on the road, one each side with their bums in the middle of each lane but facing the scrub, so there was enough room for me to comfortably go between them. I lifted my right foot and eased on down to about 80 and aimed between them and just as I got about 4 car lengths from the gap a HORSE!!! wandered across the road immediately behind them from right to left. I jumped on the picks with both feet and pulled on the steering wheel $hitting myself and missed the horses rear by maybe 30cm as I went between the cows. Lesson learned for sure that night. Never go more than 100-110 at night unless you know the road and area REAL WELL and always have the biggest baddest spotlights you can afford so you can see peripherally well past the verge of the road and well beyond your stopping distance.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #35
Skotty
Banned

Crash experiance...

In my EFII Fairmont, was driving like a complete ****** trying to keepup with a BF XR6... looked at my speedo, saw I was doing just over 130, saw the sharp corner, hit the brakes (which didnt no anything cause I had ABS was doing skids earlier)... took the corner, coming out of it switched sides, and I still rember to this day seeing 2 massive trees lined up with my drivers door... but for some reason the back end kicked out and hit the trees...

Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 03:24 PM   #36
stev3n

Had a close call years ago. I towed two 600cc dirtbikes on a trailer from Newcastle to Jindabine. No dramas along the way but when unloading the last bike the trailer flipped up, the towball nut had unscrewed and fallen off along the way. Only the weight of the bikes kept it in the hitch.
Took a new towball and the hitch to the local exhaust centre and had the bloke weld the nut to the thread.
stev3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #37
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aran84
ive been side swiped and by 2 4wd's merging into my lane without looking on seperate occasions, now i dont drive near 4wd's
Defensive driving courses will instruct you not to remain in a persons blind spot.

About 6 months ago I was driving on a fairly main road with very minimal traffic. 3 lane road, light goes red, came to a complete stop. Decided to give it a bit from the lights up to the 80km/h speed limit. Some dimwit decides to pull out and cut across two empty lanes of traffic right infront of me, to be in the lane I was in. I was at about 70km/h at WOT with 4 wheel drum brakes. Safe to say I was very angry after avoiding that dimwit.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #38
sarrge2001
SZII in Silhouette

When I first go the XR6T, sitting at the lights one Friday arvo on the way to a mates, I decided to see how well it would take off.

Lights changed to green, popped the clutch and bogged down in third gear Quickly swapped into 1st and tried again (this whole process probably took around 2 or 3 seconds?)

Just as the car started to move off, an XB Coupe came through the intersection at about 120kmh against the red. Had I got the gears right the first time and not had that delay, I reckon that XB would have come straight through the drivers door.

Makes you think.......

Strangers have the best candy.......
sarrge2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #39
mrfordfairmont
351 clevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
inspired by the fact that i just lost control of my XC about 30 minutes ago and im bloody lucky nothing happened!

Dropping a mate off at his place and i was driving along a stretch of road thats known to fall apart after raining (its been raining the past two days)
And i must admit i wasnt paying 100% attention as my front met the edge of the road that had been closer then what i realised
This made my steering wheel jolt (yay for no power steering -_-)
making my car go on the dirt, and stupidly i thought i could just let it gradually go on the dirt and then get it back on the road like nothing happened
Out whips the rear end
On the road i go
then i had spin the wheel as fast as i could to try and straighten it back up, and when it did straighten up, the wheel was still in the same position
back on the dirt i go
same thing again except when i got back on the road i was literally sideways
ended up doing a PERFECT parralell park on the other side of the road.
Luckily there was no other cars coming in that direction :|
Pulled over to check the damage. Nothing Wrong so off i go, slow as possible with the music turned off and the whitest face ever.
i know the pain i had a experience but i keep it on the road

the other one turning a corner in the wet and slid and bang (power pole) but drove the car home with out windscreen

2004 territory ghia
click here for pics
work daily ke laser ghia RIP
click here for pics
Daily EF II fairmont wagon RIP
click here for pics
XD 351 clevo lowered
click here for pics

thanks to
p.e.a.c.h performance at stafford
http://www.peachperformance.com
mrfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #40
kinksta
Luxojet

Can someone tell me how a car can be "dangerous in the wet" if it is road worthy? Sounds like people should be selling up if they just spin out, etc...
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #41
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinksta
Can someone tell me how a car can be "dangerous in the wet" if it is road worthy? Sounds like people should be selling up if they just spin out, etc...
yeah didnt you know? you can be driving down the road in a car and it'll just spin on ya! like that! its a cool tony hawk kind of thing, falcon pop shove it.
Has absolutely nothing to do with the model of car at all, or that tyres have less grip in the wet.

in case you didnt know, light 70s cars handle a great deal differently to modern luxo-barges
Old 08-09-2010, 07:09 PM   #42
yakcam
I drank what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
this thread is macarbe why should people relive their traumatic experiences? and for what? this thread should be padlocked imho..
I share my experience in the hope that someone will listen and hopefully be a bit more careful behind the wheel. Cars are a dangerous thing in the wrong hands and all it takes is a slip up by either you or some other random driver around you and it can end life as you know it, and by that, I don't mean kill you, although it easily could, but it can affect your nerves and your way of thinking about life and how fragile we really are.

It happened in the early 80's when I was 13.

I was at boarding school, no we weren't rich, it's just that my dad died recently and we lived in a rural town and my mum wanted me to have more male influences.

Anyway, I was to catch a ride with friends of my sisters (Husband, wife and 2 kids) for the 500k travel home on the school holidays. Everything was cool, except for odd feelings I had about the trip, I later found out that my mum had them too for a couple of weeks before the trip, but that's another story (BTW, I'll take a polygraph on that subject)

Well, we were about to leave the city and the driver stopped for gas, checked the tyre pressures, which I thought was odd, but now being older, I realised was the correct thing to do. We were in a Fiat, in those days there were no rear seat belts, his 2 young sons (about 8 and 10) and myself were back there. We stopped at a place called Taupo which was around 2/3 the way and filled the car and they bought these things called throatease, they were kind of a chough drop that people also used to suck on as a lolly, anyway, I digress.... I'm just remembering it as it's burned into my memory. I woke at this stage and was offered the sweet, I declined and was about to go back to sleep, but before I did, I thought to myself "Oh this is when we're going to have the crash" and went back to sleep. I know what your asking, why didn't he get out of the car? ......I don't know, I was 13 and maybe I thought my imagination was getting away from me, I really don't know.

About 1/2 an hour later, I was sitting in the centre of the back seat (I was originally on the passengers side) looking out the windscreen, we were moving FAST!!! I was screaming "What's happening" I saw the headlights see a bank at the side of the road and that was it. I woke at the side of the road in the arms of the dad, I looked around and saw a truck driver taking off. I looked to my right and the young one had blood coming out his ears and thought this didn't look good. Then I noticed the car was crushed to almost a pancake, I asked if the car was turned off as I was afraid it would explode, which was strange as I knew nothing about cars then, but I had seen movies of cars blowing up and I think that's what made me think of it.

Next thing I did was woke up and saw my mum at the reception of the hospital, I was close to the front and could see it out my door, I was in a private room. At first my mum didn't recognise me, my face was that swollen, I tried to smile, and I think I kind of did because she gave me a mix of a smile, sadness and shock when she saw me and came into the room, tests showed that I had a fracture in my skull.

The driver had fallen asleep on a loooooong straight road, mashed the accelerator in the process and we struck black ice. The truck driver saw the whole accident and had called ahead for an ambulance. He relayed to the police that he saw the car flip end over end then barrel roll but was slightly off the ground, in mid air but would touch the ground every other roll. He said that there was a body flopping around with the car, outside the drivers side rear side window, but every time the car hit the road it was on the passengers side... the body was me.

The young guy who had the bloody ears now has brain damage and has to be cared for, for the rest of his life. The mum also had a fractured skull and the older boy was VERY beat up. The dad, believe it or not, got grazed knuckles. I feel really sorry for him, I bet he wished he died, but he's really not to blame, he was trying to be a good dad and get us there safely and ASAP.

My apologies for the long read.

Cheers,

Kraig
Old 08-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #43
kinksta
Luxojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by xy500
Has absolutely nothing to do with the model of car at all, or that tyres have less grip in the wet.

in case you didnt know, light 70s cars handle a great deal differently to modern luxo-barges
Cars do not just spin out... If you know your car drives like that in the wet, take more care, simple.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #44
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"dangerous in the wet"
Yep it happens,sometimes nothin at all to do with the car or even the driver
The minister spun 8 times on the highway,actually driving cautiously to the conditions
Cyclonic winds,belting rain
Big head wind blew the car across the road
But dont tell here she cant drive
Drives alot better than most blokes i no
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #45
andrewts
White Car Driver

I was once turning at a roundabout and it was raining. I stepped on the gas halfway through the turn but it wasn't smooth I sorta jabbed it (not to the floor) and the wheels started spinning and the back flicked out to the right. I countered it OK, but it came back with interest and I ended up sliding the back wheel up the kerb and into a tree. It buckled the rim, bent the rear axle, cracked the brake rotor and squished the caliper into the rotor.

This was about a year and bit ago and I only had my Ps for about 2 months at that point. Luckily there was nobody coming and I've been a lot more attentive around corners since. Although now that I drive a Verada, I can't go around corners any more.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:18 PM   #46
JimNiki
71Mach1

This thread certainly has the back of my hairs standing up...

I've had a few...
Dad was driving "Tarzan", an old 1940's flat tray.
My sister and myself were about 8 and 9 years old.

Dad slammed the brakes at a big intersection in the eastern suburbs at the last moment cause he didn't see the lights change.

drums all round did nothing... hit a station wagon...
Tarzan rolled many times ...dad got thrown out when the door opened...
I remember rolling around banging into my sister like we were in a washing machine...

Woke up later in a strangers bed with my sister ... A kind neighbour took us out of the car and took us in their home... while they rang for an ambulance for dad...

miraculously, no-one was seriously injured...

The next one is crazy...
I was reversing out of a block of flats in my XC ... I was familiar with the place cause my mate lived there so I was going faster than normal ... but not dangerously fast...

anyway, this idiot girl who just got her license was parked out the front of the flats and decided to reverse into the driveway to leave when we both magically appeared into each other's view... both reversing ...both hit ... just as we hit she had just engaged "DRIVE" and the impact made her floor it and write off her new Nissan Buebird into the brick wall which was holding all the flats letterboxes... hehehe
Shouldn't laugh but when I looked at the chrome bumper on the XC I was scratching my head cause I couldn't find any dents or marks?!

This last one was my worst ... (don't try this at home kids!)
mate had a nice 67 XR, 351 lowered with 10's all round...

took off hard outside a party (isn't that what being young and stupid is all about).

car started sideways and he over compensated more and more up the road...
ended up slamming into a parked car on the side of the road. With the impact, he floored it again, this time taking out a tree on the tree lined street, with the impact he floored it again and this time went through a brick fence of a house...

I had my seatbelt on, my mate didn't, he headbutted and smashed the windscreen with his head. When I looked at him, his whole face was covered with blood and was unconscious ... I turned the engine off and went back to the party house and quickly rang for an ambulance ... I was with my mate in the ambulance...

I dented the hard metal glovebox with my knee and had bad whiplash from the seatbelt...

Since then, I haven't been involved in an accident in the last 25 years ...
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2010, 10:15 PM   #47
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
pfffft.... step back 40years and actually have to DRIVE a car.....
Old 08-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #48
TheZHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
you are my jesus
TheZHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2010, 01:50 AM   #49
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Cars do not just spin out... If you know your car drives like that in the wet, take more care, simple.
well you have to find a cars limit first to know where it is don't you?
As others have pointed out an xc can be quite a handful once it starts sliding with momentum behind it. It's not a question of taking enough care, its knowing the vehicle, which takes time.
older cars have very different characteristics, so just because its not some "electronics drive it for you" 09 falcon doesn't make the driver an idiot!
Old 09-09-2010, 02:10 AM   #50
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kraig, thanks for the story, no story of survival is too long, and here you are today.
My own story is just as long and also has that surreal feeling to it. I was 18, just off my 'P's, driving my inherited Valiant AP6 wagon. I was handed the keys to the old Val, because she had sat in the driveway, slowly rusting for a couple of years, and I think Dad wanted it shifted - but gees, I cut my teeth on that car and don't regret it. A 'new' pop rivetted floor, a few cans of bog and the roughest paint job you ever felt and she was a dream machine.
I was working in a vegetable oil plant that was looking down the barrel of recievership and closure - my first lab job, barely six months duration. Every pay was (slim, even for then ~1981) spent on the Val. Some decent purchases where, heavy duty (yellow 180's???) Monroes, front and back. A set of the original 195x70 NCT's off a mate, a brand new Cibie Super Oscar driving light (spotty), an instrument cluster that included oil pressure, a vacuum/economy gauge and a tacho that read to 11,000 rpm ( )and here is where the wierd comes in.
My Mum was a night nurse and one of her nurse friends kept a pack of Tarot.
I'll state here and now, I don't sit with it and will never bother to consult on any matter now or ever with a medium.
None the less, Mum invited her mate over for a cuppa after a night shift, chat, and then lay out the cards for Mum. Fine. I made the cuppas, my specialty.
Me, well, I guess not to be the retentive one, I relented.
She shuffled, I split, she dealt. And here, from the vague reaches of my memory is a summary of what she said.
"I see you will be changing your job, not your work, your job, very soon"
"I see you going on a long journey, I see.." confusion/uncertainty, she struggled to read, "danger. There is danger here. You must stop. If you see a Stop sign - stop. It is dark and confusing, but you must stop." Yeah, the old hair on the back of neck started to rise. She mentioned some stuff about meeting the girl I would marry, plus two children, a boy and a girl (I wish I had a tape recorder), but also, I wasn't marrying my true love, okay I'm going a little off track here, but humour me.
Well, that same week, next pay, I purchased a set of seat belts for the front of the Val. Here was a car that Dad had welded one of the back doors shut because the door lock had failed!
Moving on, the factory closed about 6 weeks later. So me and two mates, on the spur of the moment, got our bits together, with nothing to lose, said our goodbyes to the family and at 7 in the morning, took off for Perth and then east on the Great Eastern Highway, took a right turn at Coolgardie and then a left at Norseman, onto the Eyre Highway. It was late July 81, Adelaide was some 2200km away.
We shared the driving, around 3 hour stints. Back then, petrol was 17 cents a litre in Bunbury, it was about 50 cents a litre when we pulled in to Balladonia around 3 in the morning. My turn to drive.
Our intention was to get to Eucla, then pull up stumps for a while before tackling the Nullabour, but I guess, it was around 5:00am that fatigue started to knock and my inexperience started to tell.
It was freezing, the car had no heater and the jumper, jeans and parker weren't enough, I actually had a blanket, swathed over my torso and legs to keep the cold out. My mate, Frank, was co pilot, but he was long gone. John was asleep across the back seat.
Fortune was, the old Val had a fairly heavy return spring on the accelerator, when ever I awoke from my micro sleeps, the speed had dropped to about 70kph. 'Better press down', me thinks, 'or we'll never get there'.
About ten to six, still in the winter dark, Frank woke up.
'Hey Frank', I says,'I'm pretty tired, but we'll be in Eucla in about a half hour, how about you stay awake till we get there'. No worries says Frank. I suggested we do a 'systems check' to keep us occupied - Oil - 3, Tacho - 3, Vacuum - Green, Fuel - 1/2, Temp - Cool, Speed - 60 (mph).
'Well', I said, 'all systems are good.'
When I woke up, I remember driving through salt bush.
I looked across to Frank and said (the obvious) 'FRANK'!
And he, eyes like saucers replied in the obvious 'GAZ'!
I gripped the steering wheel tightly, I saw what looked like a big white rock, but what was actually, just a big salt bush, looming into the headlights. I saw the bitumen off to my left and nudged the steering wheel towards it.
We climbed up over the soft sholder, back onto the black stuff and for a moment I actually thought, we'd be okay, I'll stop now and pull over and we'll sort this out - but TOO FAST - the NCT's bit hard, I sluggishly stomped the brake and swung back to the right. I think, three voices went 'arrghhh' and Val bit the dirt, right road shoulder, thumped first the passenger side, then roof and ended up, drivers door in the down.
First thing, wedged on my right side was turn off the headlights. John, who had been in the backseat, now in the front, started to kick the windscreen which had remained intact - yelling 'Petrol, it's on fire'.
Somehow I realised that we weren't in immeadiate danger and told him to stop and wind down the passenger door window, and there we made our exit.

Last edited by Madaya; 09-09-2010 at 02:28 AM.
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2010, 03:00 AM   #51
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From the Tarot to now, the signs if you want to call them that, where all there. Not withstanding the fact, that the first man who stopped for us, was a German lad, Hans, driving a Combie, who spoke, in his oh so German accent, "So, I zee you boyz have had a little trouble eh, would you like a beer"?
Out came the cans, I think it was Fosters. I only took a sip, thinking, that, if the cops turned up, they might ask a few questions. Within minutes, a gang of off season shearers rolled up. They where tasked with cleaning up the road verge garbage from the state border back to Balladonia.
They helped push Val back onto its four wheels, the passenger side tyres had both blown out, pulled from their rims. They check us out, made sure all was well, before continuing on.
May I say, trucks where pulling over at this time, asking if all was well, and fortunately, we where fine. Frank had a sore ankle, and John a slight bang to the head. I was fine, extremely relieved that my mates where okay, but a little shocked maybe, that I had brought disaster down upon the group.
Left to our own devices for a while, we jacked up the car to remove the blown tyres. The only major damage was the passenger side window on the wagon end had shattered, the roof line shifted, and the battery (my fault for not bracketting it down), had come loose and spilled acid, and hence cranking power, over the block.
The next gent who pulled over, (driving a Torana) by now ~7:30am, gave us a carton of Fosters, and took me, and two blown rims, back to the nearest garage, Mundrabilla, to get the tyres pumped up.
These people who stopped, even those who slowed, until we waved them on, are true Ocker legends. The advice I got from my workmates, when I mentioned to them my thoughts of heading east was - 'don't stop for no one - ever!' Okay, we use common sense here in these desperate times. I now stop for anyone, but I always make the deliberate choice to stop 50 to a 100 meters down the road so as I can ascertain the situation i.e. let them come to me!
A transporter guy named Lindsay, heading to Adelaide to pick up a bunch of Sigmas stopped around 8:30. We explained our predicament, clutching onto the door of his King Ford Louisville - rolled, battery knackered. Lindsay said, 'fart', "$100, us and the car to Adelaide."
That trip alone deserves a story, but I've took up far too much of your time.
Guys, there is nothing macarbre about NDE. Fact, we will all experience a DE one day.
Fact, for the sake of our loved ones, and society in general, we must postpone the inevitable. How? By learning, not only from our mistakes, but the mistakes of others.
My morale is - "DON'T DRIVE TIRED'. If it saves one life, then these words are worth the typing and worth the reading.
Gaz
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2010, 04:34 AM   #52
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Bit of a tough act to follow.

The only time I have ever lost control of a car and not brought it back was in the XR8, before the monster motor transplant. I spent my youth driving FWD hatchbacks around, perfecting handbrake slides and parks.

Anyhoo, one day I'm driving to work in the (then) bog stock ED XR8, and I'm running a little late. The road is dry, so I'm throwing it around pretty hard. Out the back of Eagle Farm (Brisbane) there are some nice wide streets and no traffic, houses or anything, just roads and grass, so I took a shortcut through here to practice my power oversteer (first RWD and all).

Anyhoo, I've hooked it left round a corner, doing about 60 in second. I'm just about to mash the loud pedal when the *** end started to slide. As soon as it let go, I reefed the wheel to full lock right and clutched in. It did no good though, the car was sliding and there was nothing I could do about it.

The car spun round to the left, a full 270 degrees, and parked perfectly next to the kerb, facing the wrong way. I was so confused as to how that happened, I got out and had a look at the road. As it turns out, there was a puddle of suspicious looking motor oil, about the size of an A4 piece of paper, right where the rear right wheel was when the car started sliding.

A quick half donut got me heading the right way again and some light fishtails made me feel better, but damn, that was scary.

I'm a much better driver now than I was back then, but I still wouldn't "play with the power" anywhere close to people or property. Even the best drivers are only human, and puddles of oil or loose gravel or sand could have done so much worse than confuse me if I was in a built up area.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2010, 07:55 AM   #53
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

nearly T-boned some moron in a 45 series landcruiser ute when he pulled out in front of me yesterday morning.... he's living proof P plater laws are ineffective
Old 09-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #54
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

In older cars when you take it slow in the wet people get angry and perform all sorts of crazy manouvers just to not be stuck behind an old car being safe.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #55
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My worst... My 03 xr6 had just had it lowered and was due to be in a dyno comp the next day when... Was going through a set of lights when suddenly a dumb Holden driver (drunk) decided now was a good time to turn I hit the front left hand corner at 80kmph took the front of his car off to the firewall and sent his radiator 30m up the road. I was jammed in my car he came up opened my door and said s*** mate you cleaned me up.... Please. Although the worst bit about it just after this happened the lights changed again and ALL the cars also stopped at the lights drove off, from that day I lost faith in a large portion of the human race
Old 09-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #56
kinksta
Luxojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
sorry, this is 2010. If you take a corner, and your car spins out, it is not the cars fault unless your cars got a serious problem or you don't see gravel or something. The amount of people that just "came out of a corner" and the car spins is unreal.

so what do you tell the police officer when you hit someone/something? Oh it was the car? It's an old car, I can't help it? Give me a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xy500
well you have to find a cars limit first to know where it is don't you?
oh ok, so i should go find the limit out on the public road? oh please...

Last edited by kinksta; 09-09-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #57
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

There's nothing that makes me more angry then when people just drive past an accident they just witnessed. I see videos where it happens all the time. I make sure to stop all the time whenever i see people on the side of the road waving me down. With caution ofcourse tho, but being a built 18 y/o MMA fighter i guess i dont have to worry too much

Also, people who dont indicate!!
A young asian girl on a moped the other week was just randomly zig zagging between lanes, even in the bloody round about!!!!! and when i went to go in the opposite lane to go past her she zooms infront of me. Gave her abit of a fright when a huge XC was blasting its air hornes within a meter of her -_-
Old 09-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #58
kinksta
Luxojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
Also, people who dont indicate!!-_-
Don't get me started on that subject hahahaaa
Old 09-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #59
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
sorry, this is 2010. If you take a corner, and your car spins out, it is not the cars fault unless your cars got a serious problem or you don't see gravel or something. The amount of people that just "came out of a corner" and the car spins is unreal.

so what do you tell the police officer when you hit someone/something? Oh it was the car? It's an old car, I can't help it? Give me a break.

oh ok, so i should go find the limit out on the public road? oh please...
whatever mate, you're obviously too much of a driving hero to ever make a mistake. And you have no idea how to handle an older vehicle. I didnt realise the g6e came with rewind function.
You're obviously too young to realise how imperfect everyone is.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #60
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Delete post

Last edited by pottery beige; 09-09-2010 at 11:44 AM.