Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: Favourite Star Trek Series
The Original 10 13.70%
Next Generation 28 38.36%
Deep Space Nine 7 9.59%
Voyager 23 31.51%
Enterprise 5 6.85%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 09:56 PM   #31
FoxMulder

From what I've heard, the new movie is supposed to deal with how Kirk and Spock met, at the academy. It's being done by J.J. Abrams, who has made Lost and Alias, so it should be a really good movie. They have cast Matt Damon as a young Kirk.
Old 13-12-2006, 03:07 AM   #32
George1861

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder
As for Enterprise, some of the best episodes of the series were in the last season, when they got a new writer on board. If it lasted at least one more season, then I believe it's popularity would have picked up considerably. (especially if Brannon and Braga gave up writing and let others come up with the episodes).
The writers knew it was the last year,so they answered all the questions about various things at the end. Much of those story lines should have been explored earlier in the series, might have kept it going.
Old 13-12-2006, 03:10 AM   #33
George1861

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX
Latest rumor

new movie being written, a prequal
Set before the original series, dealing with the war with the Romulans.
That would make it before Star Trek, but after Enterprise. There have been rumors in the past about a series with Capt. Sulu.
Old 13-12-2006, 03:19 AM   #34
George1861

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn

Battlestar Galactica is AWEsum. i remember watching the old series on foxtel ages ago....this new series is good. cause i remember the old series delt with what happened after they found earth. where this one deals with FInding Earth.....
You are refering to the 2nd season called "Galactica 1980" where they found Earth. It was an effort to cut costs, the 1st season was the most expensive TV series ever made up to that time. The original movie & series was about fleeing the Cylons & finding Earth. Many familiar names were in the 1st episode, but killed off. It's like the parallel universe in Star Trek, simular but different. Like when the Pegasus appears but is destroyed, simular, but different.
Old 13-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #35
Slow Ute

all your star trek XI info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_XI

voyager for me. mainly because of Jeri Ryan (7 of 9) yum yum

enterprise was starting to get really good when they started the "war" with the zindy. my misuss is right into it.
2005 toyota hilux V6 auto 14.9 @89mph SOLD :the_finge
starting new project 2007 (probably 2009) sleep:
Old 15-12-2006, 01:10 AM   #36
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaNob!
That all said, Babylon 5 is miles ahead. MILES. Occasionally ropey acting aside, probably the finest sci-fi ever made.
I have just bought the lot on DVD and am in the process of watching them all.... dodgy acting in some parts, but the whole series improves so much over its duration! I just like the complexity of it.

I still dont think any sci-fi series or movie has come up with anything that matches the Borg concept.

Having said that I really liked Alien 4 - Ressurrection. That half human alien was bizarre.

I just hope that before I die, someone will make an awesome set of movies on the Dune books - all so far have been soooo lame.

: Cobra :
Old 15-12-2006, 06:21 AM   #37
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Love 'em all.

Voyager got my vote, but right behind it are Next Gen & Enterprise....though hard to ignore the original series. DS9 probably my least favourite, but still good stuff.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Old 15-12-2006, 03:20 PM   #38
photn
AFF Post NAZI

is there a place ware you can get the Entire series of Next Gen (illegal or legal? i dont care)

actually all of them......im gonna get battle star galactica when i go to jb-hi fi this afvo..... id really love to have them all for when im down at kiama for 2 weeks on cavation.... a good relaxing laxyness of watching a star trek series...

Old 15-12-2006, 03:55 PM   #39
KaptnKaos
KAOS IS RANDOM ORDER

Gotta be Voyager! How can any man go past Jeri Ryan (seven of nine) wrapped in tight lycra??
Old 15-12-2006, 03:56 PM   #40
Veefore

I was an Enterprise lover. It was the one with the most potential. Unfortunately, by series three it was starting to go off the rails. By season 4 it was ridiculous.
Old 16-12-2006, 06:44 PM   #41
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

photn..any dvd store sells any series. I own all 7 seasons of Next Gen, DS9 and Voyager, plus season 1 of Original. Am waiting for Enterprise to get cheaper.
Old 16-12-2006, 06:45 PM   #42
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Next Gen... Patrick Stewart is so right in the part of Picard.
Old 16-12-2006, 10:32 PM   #43
FoxMulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
is there a place ware you can get the Entire series of Next Gen (illegal or legal? i dont care)

actually all of them......im gonna get battle star galactica when i go to jb-hi fi this afvo..... id really love to have them all for when im down at kiama for 2 weeks on cavation.... a good relaxing laxyness of watching a star trek series...
Try this out http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/790518
It's atm the cheapest legal way of getting the series, brand new. Plus is has a great looking display case!
Old 12-09-2007, 08:54 PM   #44
Fantome

Voyager, closely followed by TNG then DS9, then Enterprise. Don't like the Original Series that much but I loved the movies (Especially Star Trek IV)
Old 13-09-2007, 07:47 AM   #45
red_hotxr6
Banned

Ahm voyager, is probably the go.. :
Old 13-09-2007, 08:49 AM   #46
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh look a Deep Space MINEr.........
Old 13-09-2007, 09:15 AM   #47
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKaos
Gotta be Voyager! How can any man go past Jeri Ryan (seven of nine) wrapped in tight lycra??
Oh yeah, Seven of Nine...I'd like to give her Seven of Mine!!

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 13-09-2007, 09:41 AM   #48
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like Star Trek XII - So Very Tired

"Captain's Log...the air is dank and windy. I complain, but nobody listens."

Don't snap my undies.
Closed Thread