Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 07:31 PM   #31
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Default Re: FPV 30 ?? New model spotted...

Just further to my last post about DJR 30th Anni. Have been doing some looking around, just recently a twin set of models cars has been released for DJ's 30th, & he has released a 30th Anni. book just recently as well.
How long before Bathurst did anyone see, know about or have confirmed the BF Cobra's were coming? It's quite likely they may have needed to take 1 car between the factory/head office & FPV/FPR over the hwy & up the road. Those who know the area or have been to either place, know it's literally a 1.5-2 min. drive between them. If they only had to move 1 car, it's quicker/cheaper & a small risk of someone seeing it, to just drive it rather than cover it up & put on transporter truck, especially if it's not a mule/prototype, but a fully finished production model, to be fully publicly released in the next few weeks.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #32
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrox90
Could be a Taurus, But I agree if it was super secret then it wouldn't have been where it was.

I hope its a taurus the one they had in wheels looked animal, too bad the basic models are FWD, as opposed to RWD or AWD, I cant see ford Oz wearing an FWD after what happened to the Magna (great car but never taken seriously)

I dunno about you boys but if ford get all FWD on me I'll be going to the dark side.
They have Taurus's at Product Engineering at the moment, they have no camo at all. Just a big left hand drive evaluation vehicle sticker across the back.

I reckon it was just a standard Viper coloured GT with silver stripes, straight from the factory with all the barcodes from production still stuck to it. Nothing more, nothing less. 30 was probably 335, or maybe it was a GS with the 302 stickers on it.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #33
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
They have Taurus's at Product Engineering at the moment, they have no camo at all. Just a big left hand drive evaluation vehicle sticker across the back.

I reckon it was just a standard Viper coloured GT with silver stripes, straight from the factory with all the barcodes from production still stuck to it. Nothing more, nothing less. 30 was probably 335, or maybe it was a GS with the 302 stickers on it.
I would've said this could be a concept car for the motor show, but they wouldn't have it made now considering that's over 12 months away.

What was the FPV30 badge (as noted in OP, red & black), none of the current model cars have red & black badges on the boot, & they don't waist money & time making up a couple of badges & sicking them on just for fun, the badges are one of the last things to get put on too.

Mules are wrapped up so tight you can't see anything, they don't want the competition seeing their design, engineering work too soon.

This thing is either a special custom car or a new FPV model, either way this thing is pretty much a finished product ready to go out, it just needs the production stickers taking off & a bit of a clean.

Some Pics would've been good, he possibly could have made some money, selling them off to mags.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #34
Bossxr8
Peter Car

It just doesn't make any sense. If it was a prototype all that stuff would have been covered up. They don't send them out onto the street with stuff like badges etc visible. They usually don't have any badges at all bar Ford/FPV ovals.

Even the late SZ Territory pre-production models had the Titanium badges taped over when nothing else was covered.

Anyway there is no 30th anniversary, nor anything that would revolve around the number 30 like engine capacity. The only thing I can think of is the Boss5.0 stickers on the GT Black. 50 could be mistaken for 30, but then again they are black not Viper coloured.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #35
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:

The most likely logical response here.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #36
samsy351
351XB - Underbelly II Car

Well I just heard from my mate who saw the car and he said that he is 100% certain that the badge was FPV 30. No doubts about it he said. So I guess we will have to wait and see.......
Old 04-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #37
GT302

If it was anything "top secret" ,why would they be driving it on open roads with no camouflage .from what I've read ,sounds VERY INTERESTING
Old 04-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #38
samsy351

Just spoke to him again... He is gonna get on here and add to the convo and tell you first hand what he saw. He is a member but hasnt been on for a long while and has forgotten his log in details so he has created a new account and is awaiting activation. He said he was so close he nearly ran up the back of it. The driver sped off when he saw my mate up behind him. "Definately a 4 door, definate V8 as the lane quite narrow and I had my windows down "and he said "had a MONSTOROUS induction roar" !!
Old 04-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #39
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsy351
Just spoke to him again... He is gonna get on here and add to the convo and tell you first hand what he saw. He is a member but hasnt been on for a long while and has forgotten his log in details so he has created a new account and is awaiting activation. He said he was so close he nearly ran up the back of it. The driver sped off when he saw my mate up behind him. "Definately a 4 door, definate V8 as the lane quite narrow and I had my windows down "and he said "had a MONSTOROUS induction roar" !!
In your first post you say he's not a Ford person and later he admitts to not even knowing what the current model even looks like.. so i think without pictures its fair for people to conclude it was just a std GT.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #40
KuRT12

hahahahahaha this topic is ridiculous.

I'm sure if there was a prototype we would hear about it from a more credible source before they let it roam around the streets uncovered.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #41
AU Mont
Banned

but what about the monstorous induction roar?

that has "top secret Ford prototype perfomance demon" written all over it
Old 04-09-2011, 07:34 PM   #42
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont
but whart about the monstorous induction roar?
Every story needs spice to help it sell.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #43
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Noise regs mean the days of monstous induction roar are over now anyway.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #44
samsy351

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGC63
In your first post you say he's not a Ford person and later he admitts to not even knowing what the current model even looks like.. so i think without pictures its fair for people to conclude it was just a std GT.
So what about the badge he saw???
And the rectangle shape tips ( current GT is different)
As I said Ive no reason to doubt what he said.

Last edited by samsy351; 04-09-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #45
samsy351

Quote:
Noise regs mean the days of monstous induction roar are over now anyway.
What about the current GT , every journo that reviewed it comments on the awesome sound it makes.
Guess we will just have to wait and see what eventuates.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #46
imgunna
Starter Motor

ok Hi to the people following this topic samsy351 has put up , i am the mate that saw this car , firstly i sent the message off to my mate cos i know he is into fords , me i am into all cars not 1 particular make , did my apprenticeship as a spray painter & got out of it ! now put little hot rods together as its just more fun ! "my back ground so u know i am a car guy" this car i saw i nearly ran rite up the *** of it looking for a short cut / back street to a music store "billy hyde music on sommerton rd" ! the car pulled out infront of me & i was allready cracking it cos i was lost & definitely going the wrong way , i was seriuosly close but did not think anymore of the car then hitten the horn & shouting some abuse , then i noticed the car was wearing big *** black crosses stuck all over it & bar code stickers on it , & thought wow heap of ***** leaves the factory to get work done on them , at this point i read the badge which was really close & unmistake-able FPV30 as i described , now the car went the wrong way down a 1 way lane which i proceeded to follow, the ford boots the thing & hit had MONSTROUS induction roar & " prob no airbox on it" was hissing like a pod filter , seriuosly loud , not much from the exhaust ! really everything i saw is written up in the posts , i seriuosly HATE DETEST CANT STAND NEW CARS but have a few mates who love there brands etc & i sent off to 2 freinds what i had sceen ! for the people who want to know where this was , "link road back of the ford factory" cheers
Old 05-09-2011, 11:23 AM   #47
GazzF6
Perth WA
Donating Member1

Could it be one of those Mad Max concept cars? Top Gear are doing...

2016 Jaguar XE Black Pack R-Sport
Old 05-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #48
samsy351

Good to see you on here imgunna. I can understand some peoples doubts about this car because there hasn't even been a whisper about it anywhere, but my buddy saw it coming out of the factory and go back in....... Whether we ever get to see it, who knows..?.. But it does exist. Lets hope we see or hear more of it...
Old 06-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #49
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Old man (and a Ford employee) mentioned something about a 30th anniversary GT arriving soon.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 06-09-2011, 10:05 AM   #50
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Geez you guys. How DARE someone come on here telling you all they saw a FPV that could quite possibly be a prototype or something.

How DARE it not just be a dressed up GT.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #51
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Maybe the "3" was a "H"

(wasn't a V10 badge on it??)
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 06-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #52
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
Maybe the "3" was a "H"

(wasn't a V10 badge on it??)
Oh No - You didn't
Old 06-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #53
kiwimark

If it is released in 2012 then it could be the memorial of the last produced Cleveland V8
Old 06-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #54
Ibrox90
Banned

TO all those who say, why would they let it drive around no camo.

My uncle used to be a big wig at holden and before the launch of the VE they drove a Clubsport out one gate down the road 300 metres and back in with no airbox or mufflers fitted. For the sole purpose of starting speculation not saying that's whats happened, however just letting you know that that stuff happens.

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Old 06-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #55
b2tf
not here much anymore

I sort of struggle to see how it could be anything to do with DJR because Ford don't actually sponsor DJR anymore do they?
Old 06-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #56
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
I sort of struggle to see how it could be anything to do with DJR because Ford don't actually sponsor DJR any more do they?
Yes, Ford are an associate partner of DJR. Second after naming partner Jim Beam.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:34 PM   #57
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimark
If it is released in 2012 then it could be the memorial of the last produced Cleveland V8
My first thought too.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #58
AMGC63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimark
Why would you release a model commemorating the cessation of an engine??!!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #59
Stazza_Brendan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

3L Ecoboost FPV Model :p
just to stir the pot some more.
ZF - Optioned interior - Hardlid - Rapidsystems V4.5 kit - GTX3576R - Crow Cams Valve springs - 1000cc KPM injectors - 20" MC Racing Wheels - DashDaq/Cobalt Gauges - 4in dump/3.5in exhaust system - Shockworks Coilovers - 30mm Swaybar - Shockworks 4pot 355mm front brakes - GT R-spec rear brakes
CPV Tuned to 340rwkw
Old 06-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #60
daniel270991

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint347dave
a UFO......unidentified ford object,,,
So True!
Closed Thread