Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #31
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Re: September VFACTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra
The local market ones are very basic with no airbags or other safety gear and very basic finishing.
Cheers.
Didn't think they could finish them off any worse. The few I've driven look like they were put together by Mr Magoo.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #32
zilo
BANNED

It's all about preconceived perceptions about fuel economy.

Most people identify any Mazda as being economical to run.

Most people identify any Ford as being less fuel efficient.

I hear it time and time again, especially with wife and her female friends.
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 01:53 AM   #33
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Have had the same from Ford dealers so its not just a Mazda thing. Picked up my parents car from Freeway Ford and had a big banner across the windscreen with congrats, pohots were taken, pressies given ..... etc.

Sick of people bagging out all dealers ..... some are crap, most are good and the good ones rival those from others brand and surpass in many instances.

It is NOT a reason for someone NOT to buy their FIRST Ford and after picking up an absolute crap load of new FORD cars ...... The quality of the car is the reason I and many buy ...... not because of a wonderful salesman!

I buy the car I am happy with and DO NOT buy because I am in love with the salesman or need loving back and certainly do not need to be wined and dined by the dealer. Give me the keys as I want to get in and drive the thing!!

Whinge about dealers comes up everytime, once a month like clockwork so leaving this topic here and back with the topic at hand.
This wouldn't make any sense in a PM to you, so I'll say it here.

His experience isn't any less credible just because ford have rolled out the red carpet for you. Of course it would be naive to say that all Mazda dealers are just as fantastic.. because that happens with all companies, and who represent them in the purchase of their product greatly vary.

But according to DanielXR8's experience. Mazda the company itself was very proactive in staying in touch and making sure their experience was a pleasant one. And it's comforting to know that you will be looked after when you return, or have an issue with the vehicle. If you know your local dealer are bunch of mugs that you'd have to battle with at every turn, it can drive some to not bother with a great car for rubbish service, when they can get a good car with good service.

I took away from his comment that Ford need to be more proactive and firmer with their dealers, because they are the only point of dealing with the Company in person. Even though they don't represent the Company. It's vital to their brand image.

Now Mazda has the best selling car, and best selling small car in Australia. Despite Ford's equal or better offering in the Focus. This will in some way reflect on the coming VFACTS numbers.

Time Ford bought a big ruler and started wrapping some knuckles.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #34
The Snout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
hmm well everyones experience will be different of course but mine to contrast and compare. Recently I purchased a Mazda 6 wagon.

The dealer prepared the car and had it in the showroom with seating next to it, where we sat down and went through the paperwork for delivery and got a run through on the cars functions etc. He took a photo of the car (which he offered for us to be in) and presented us with a bottle of local wine, before ensuring we were happy with everything and then opening the showroom doors for the big exit. They put on a good show.

Had two calls from Mazda Australia in four weeks checking how we were going. Also they had my file on hand and knew I was a previous customer and thanked me for returning.

Had a full size colour photo of the car in the showroom (from earlier) in a binding sent to our home with a thank you for purchasing the car from the dealer.

Had a booklet on the history of Mazda sent to me from Mazda Australia about three weeks after we got the car and a thank you letter.

Got two letters from the local dealer. One asking to fill out a survey on the new car buying experience and the other explaining our factory warranty and including a booklet from Mazda.

Got a Nielsen survey on behalf of Mazda Australia about five weeks in asking us how we were finding the car. Got a courtesy follow up call from Mazda Australia when they received it.

My last experience with the local Ford dealer. Took my Territory in for the ball joint recall. They said the job was done and it sure wasn't. The inspection report said all the rest of the suspension was fine - it wasn't not by a long shot with torn bushes at the rear, that were in one case literally in two halves.

They said the ballpoints were replaced and had been road tested ok. Took it out and it was making so many loud banging noises I drove it straight to my local mechanic who fixed it and explained how they screwed it up. Said it looked like the apprentice had done it. Oh and when I asked what warranty was on the new ballpoints the service guy said none, because Ford paid for it. So add lieing to the customer service. Finally they scratched the crap out of one of my alloy wheels.

On top of all that the guy who sold me the Mazda use to work at the Ford dealer, but had been made redundant. Apparently sales are down over at the Ford shop.
And judging by the sales figures you're not alone.
The Snout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #35
The Snout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugg
It's all about preconceived perceptions about fuel economy.

Most people identify any Mazda as being economical to run.

Most people identify any Ford as being less fuel efficient.

I hear it time and time again, especially with wife and her female friends.
Not surprising with Ford attaching itself to the V8 Supercar image. Falcon car company, FPV, doesn't exactly scream green to the chicks.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #36
Chopped
as in chopped

Top 10 Best-selling Vehicles – September 2012

Mazda3 – 4276
Toyota HiLux – 3479
Hyundai i30 – 3144
Toyota Corolla – 3133
Holden Commodore – 2532
Mitsubishi Triton – 2326
Toyota Camry – 2267
Holden Cruze – 1951
Nissan Navara – 1812
Mazda CX-5 – 1809

Top 10 Best-selling Vehicles – 2012 to date

Mazda3 – 32,434
Toyota HiLux – 31,064
Toyota Corolla – 28,089
Holden Commodore – 23,226
Holden Cruze – 22,891
Hyundai i30 – 21,314
Nissan Navara – 19,173
Toyota Camry – 17,120
Toyota Yaris – 14,165
Mazda2 – 13,273

Top 10 Best-selling Brands – September 2012

Toyota – 17,300
Mazda – 10,093
Holden – 8955
Hyundai – 7815
Ford – 7764
Nissan – 6228
Mitsubishi – 5802
Volkswagen – 4949
Subaru – 3211
Kia – 2744

Top 10 Best-selling Brands – 2012 to date

Toyota – 159,111
Holden – 85,345
Mazda – 77,862
Hyundai – 68,460
Ford – 65,892
Nissan – 58,749
Mitsubishi – 44,444
Volkswagen – 40,223
Subaru – 30,779
Honda – 25,336

Source > http://www.caradvice.com.au/194298/c...rs-and-losers/
Old 04-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #37
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Falcon 1188
Territory 1096
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #38
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
Top 10 Best-selling Vehicles – September 2012

Mazda3 – 4276
Toyota HiLux – 3479
Hyundai i30 – 3144
Toyota Corolla – 3133
Holden Commodore – 2532
Mitsubishi Triton – 2326
Toyota Camry – 2267
Holden Cruze – 1951
Nissan Navara – 1812
Mazda CX-5 – 1809

Top 10 Best-selling Vehicles – 2012 to date

Mazda3 – 32,434
Toyota HiLux – 31,064
Toyota Corolla – 28,089
Holden Commodore – 23,226
Holden Cruze – 22,891
Hyundai i30 – 21,314
Nissan Navara – 19,173
Toyota Camry – 17,120
Toyota Yaris – 14,165
Mazda2 – 13,273

Top 10 Best-selling Brands – September 2012

Toyota – 17,300
Mazda – 10,093
Holden – 8955
Hyundai – 7815
Ford – 7764
Nissan – 6228
Mitsubishi – 5802
Volkswagen – 4949
Subaru – 3211
Kia – 2744

Top 10 Best-selling Brands – 2012 to date

Toyota – 159,111
Holden – 85,345
Mazda – 77,862
Hyundai – 68,460
Ford – 65,892
Nissan – 58,749
Mitsubishi – 44,444
Volkswagen – 40,223
Subaru – 30,779
Honda – 25,336

Source > http://www.caradvice.com.au/194298/c...rs-and-losers/
interesting...
Old 04-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #39
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
I've said it before on this forum that Mazdas reliability is questionable. 3 and 6 are ok its the rest of the range. My mate that still works there has told me the new CX5 and BT50 are already causing problems.

Mazda has built its image so well here. Women love the things.
BT-50's are bullet proof pretty much (like Ranger). The one I have for work is great.

As for CX5 everyone i know who has one raves about how good it is.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #40
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Whinge about dealers comes up everytime, once a month like clockwork so leaving this topic here and back with the topic at hand.
If "whinging" about Ford dealers is as regular as clockwork then what does that tell you?

Perhaps Ford Aus could use constructive criticism as given by this member and his experience with Mazda to their advantage?

People are also sick of speaking about other brands in a positive manner and getting slammed for it by the same three or four forum members. Is the forum not about having open and constructive threads/debates/conversations?
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #41
BroadyFord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Falcon 1188
Territory 1096
Not a good result, especially for Territory.
BroadyFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #42
BHDOGS
Banned

Excellent news for ford
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #43
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadyFord
I hate this time of the month... :(
moody/happy/angry much?
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #44
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69
If "whinging" about Ford dealers is as regular as clockwork then what does that tell you?

Perhaps Ford Aus could use constructive criticism as given by this member and his experience with Mazda to their advantage?
Off topic and wasn't going to continue but .....

Whinging by the few ... but repetitive and constant ...... and its easy where they are cos you always 'Like' that post!

Hazard a guess but the reason most people buy a new (or any) car is because of the car ..... not the salesperson.

People have different expectations when buying of course ..... some want to take the dealer home and have dinner and be told how wonderful they are. Others just want to buy the car.

Some have higher expectations when it comes to warranties .... and have heard it all over the years. Out of warranty is out of warranty, altering the car from standard can void warranty .... etc

My point? Ford do have bad dealers but so does other brands. It is not a Mazda thing. Ford do have MORE good dealers than bad ...... so would Mazda and all the others. Not happy with a dealer as he wont take you for lunch? GO to another one. You want great service? Buy Euro ..... now there is service! And you pay for it and not always up front.

My point again ........ Ford WILL loose a very small percentage of new car sales because of some peoples expectations ..... but they also GAIN sales because of peoples expectations.

Ford Dealers are bad, in every sales thread, every month, is only from a few .... (you included). NOT from everyone. Is NOT the number 1,2,7 or 20th reason Ford is not number 1,2 or 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69
People are also sick of speaking about other brands in a positive manner and getting slammed for it by the same three or four forum members. Is the forum not about having open and constructive threads/debates/conversations?
More people are sick of the few who constantly bag out Ford, the dealers, the cars, the company and therefore .... the owners and members on this forum. Yes ...... It is about open discussion ...... but if you cannot understand that it goes BOTH WAYS ...... everyone would be happy.

Please back to topic?? All has had there say on this topic.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #45
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Does anyone have figures on Focus, Ranger, Fiesta, Mondeo Ect?
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #46
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Does anyone have figures on Focus, Ranger, Fiesta, Mondeo Ect?
Take the total Ford sales for the month, take away Falcon, and Territory, divide by four, and those models each sold 1370 respectfully.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:00 PM   #47
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

If anyone here is in Victoria I've had excellent dealings with Essendon Ford.

Sunbury Ford on the other hand, They're giving me a lot of **** with my Focus at the moment trying to get it fixed under warranty.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 05-10-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: can be said with the extra jargon
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #48
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo

Sunbury Ford on the other hand They're giving me a lot of **** with my Focus at the moment trying to get it fixed under warranty.
Just remember. You can always talk to FoA about it... and try to get the company to strong arm them.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 05-10-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: edited quote
Buntz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #49
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buntz93ED
Just remember. You can always talk to FoA about it... and try to get the company to strong arm them.
The customer can't contact Ford Aus: at least no one in senior management. All you can do is contact their call centre, which is nigh on useless. Damos thread in the Focus section makes interesting reading...
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2012, 01:34 AM   #50
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
BT-50's are bullet proof pretty much (like Ranger). The one I have for work is great.

As for CX5 everyone i know who has one raves about how good it is.
BT50s have issues with loose gear lever bolts and fuel pump pulleys. There are recalls for both already. My previous work has had an engine destroyed by the pump problem because timing gears were ruined.

The CX5 is an ok car to drive but we had some come back in the first couple of weeks on sale because of electrical glitches. I-stop is very problematic too.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #51
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

All manufacturers have bad eggs in the dealer basket, we just only hear about the Ford ones....and you hear it every month...just like the marketing argument, engine choice etc.

Might have been good thought provoking seed for discussion 12 months ago, but now its old, repetitive and redundant.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #52
The Snout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo

Sunbury Ford on the other hand They're giving me a lot of **** with my Focus at the moment trying to get it fixed under warranty.
Appreciate the feedback Damo. As I live in Woodend I'm considering a Ford from Sunford. Won't make me not consider a Ford but might make me consider another dealer.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 05-10-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: edited quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #53
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snout
Appreciate the feedback Damo. As I live in Woodend I'm considering a Ford from Sunford. Won't make me not consider a Ford but might make me consider another dealer.
No problem, nice to see another person from the Macedon Ranges here

If you want check out my thread in the Focus section and you'll see all the fuss.

I'd go to Essendon Ford in Essendon Fields, not only are they good but there are 8 dealerships there right next to each other so you can cross shop everything, and probably test drive 50,000 cars in the one day.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #54
XWGT